Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia (41016 Views)

Training/rearing Of Goats, Dogs & Pigs, Which Is Cheaper & More Profitable? / Somebody Poisoned Our Farm. / Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by dfrost: 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2018
So I checked the price of a boer goat and google came up with a price range of $100 - $400 (full grown). Let's assume we don't have the specie in Nigeria and it took chairman $1,000 to bring in one. So that gives us $23,800 for the 17 boer goats. Exchange rate at 370 to $1 will give us NGN8,806,000.

So 3 Boerboel dogs will cost NGN6,194,000.

Make people dey fear God small nah. angry
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2018
omocalabar:
so the man is a black polish>>>>>. grin grin
''Kiwi'' to be precise grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by Abdul3391(m): 8:18pm On Feb 12, 2018
IsYou:
Damn!!! Sorry sir.

"A polish politician of Nigerian descent." op what's the meaning of this?
he's a Nigerian Polish
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 8:24pm On Feb 12, 2018
oh NO!!! Why waste the poison? U for bring am make i use am for all of these husbands and wife of Cowhari.
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by macaranta(m): 8:54pm On Feb 12, 2018
olapluto:
How did he calculate it to 15 million? 7 goats max 200k. 3 dogs, max 1 million. 1.5 million max.
It was a quick maths... Big shaq
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by Yusman316(m): 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2018
Next we will hear suspected herdsmen did it
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by livebynite: 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2018
wakaman:

A yanmiri you are

i dunno what that means but if it doesn't argue the fact i tried to make earlier that you are an animal then its fine by me grin
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by Ugosample(m): 9:32pm On Feb 12, 2018
Mogidi:
@op Did you have to call him Polish?
But he is actually Polish
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by Ugosample(m): 9:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
omoiyamayor:
Na title go send igbo ppl go hell, I remember dat abia man that won SUPERBET and went to village to contest for title.

what happened to the man?
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by SirLakes: 9:38pm On Feb 12, 2018
olapluto:
How did he calculate it to 15 million? 7 goats max 200k. 3 dogs, max 1 million. 1.5 million max.

I dey suspect you ooooo

Just like when thief rob bank of ten million and bank manager say na 50 million. And thief come out to say na lie oga manager dey talk, na only 10m we steal oooo
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by maasoap(m): 10:42pm On Feb 12, 2018
omongbatim:
This man should watch the Fulani around him. I know there are many migrant Foolanis in that area and they may have dropped some poison across the fence that killed the goats while they free ranged and the dogs while they licked the soil during patrol. The Fulani will do anything to hinder the growth of alternative animal husbandry in Nigeria.
Your cranium is full of sh!t!
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by maasoap(m): 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2018
olapluto:
dfrost:
So I checked the price of a boer goat and google came up with a price range of $100 - $400 (full grown). Let's assume we don't have specie in Nigeria and it took chairman $1,000 to bring in one. So that gives us $23,800 for the 17 boer goats. Exchane rate at 370 to $1 will give us NGN8,806,000.

So 3 Boerboel dogs will cost NGN6,194,000.

Make people dey fear God small nah. angry

Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by bobbygkmc(m): 11:07pm On Feb 12, 2018
Nigerians can kiss a$$ too much. Which one be polish Nigerian? That was just too much info and definitely unnecessary

1 Like

Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by LordRegalia: 11:49pm On Feb 12, 2018
Angelanest:
A Polish politician of Nigerian descent, Hon. John Godson, has lamented after losing 17 Boer goats and 3 Boerboel Dogs to poisoning. The former and first black lawmaker in Poland who is the Founder and CEO of Pilgrim Ranch in Umuahia, Abia state - revealed that an investigation is underway to uncover those behind the poisoning as he lost over 15 million naira in the process.

Below is what he shared on his social media page;

I am sad to inform that at the Pilgrim Ranch we have lost 17 Boer goats and 3 Boerboel Dogs to poisoning. The dead goats include our premier stud buck- King George while the Dogs include Blacky, Cherry and Clara. We are presently conducting investigations to find out who is behind this dastardly sabotage.

The total loss in monetary terms is more than 15 million naira. Despite these setbacks, we will always be thankful to God and we are pressing on with the vision of establishing one of the best ranches in this part of Africa.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/polish-politician-loses-n15m-goats-dogs-poisoned-abia-photos.html

A very sad development indeed. His black boerboel, Blacky, was one of the black pups from our very last litter at Regal Boerboels. He was growing and developing quite nicely and we were looking forward to seeing him grow to full adulthood. He would have made a very fine boerboel specimen. Hon. John Godson was really fond of the dog. Really sad indeed.

Here's hoping the perpetrators of this wicked act are eventually caught and dealt with accordingly.
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by iukpe: 7:08am On Feb 13, 2018
Gossiplover:
so u don't know what this means and yet u will be calling Buhari a dullard. it means that the man is from Poland. someone from Poland is called Polish.... the man is a Polish politician.

Many Nigerians are very well meaning, they love to bring what they do to their home land, but cannot take part in politics and cannot even do business comfortably in their homeland.
Hope the man will not be kidnapped on his next visit.
If he could contribute to his country I am sure he would have been here leading his people to progress politically.
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by iukpe: 7:09am On Feb 13, 2018
bobbygkmc:
Nigerians can kiss a$$ too much. Which one be polish Nigerian? That was just too much info and definitely unnecessary

But he is. Just like me I am a local Nigerian.
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by shekauvsbuhari: 10:53am On Feb 13, 2018
IsYou:
Damn!!! Sorry sir.

"A polish politician of Nigerian descent." op what's the meaning of this?
born of Nigerian parents, acquired polish citizenship, became a politician there, before coming back home to establish the ranch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by chriswu(m): 6:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
SmartMugu:
They should do their investigation from within their organization. What is this doing on social media? Does anybody here know about the ranch and it's contents?
his animals were research animals. He did spend a lot on them to have the right pedigree imported. Not the regular goats
Re: John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 16, 2018
buhariguy:
Idiotic pigs of Biafra are at it again.
Doing evil all the time.

Their idiotic pigs of Biafra supreme leader is dead,
it is dog and goat they want to be killing now.
Smello
Very dry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GB Foods Tomato: Tinubu Inaugurates ‘Africa’s Largest’ Tomato Processing Factory / Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira / Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.