Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 (17690 Views)

3 Common Mindsets That Breeds Poverty / 3 Powerful Mindset Of Rich People - These Mindsets Can Make You Rich Too / Mindsets That Guarantee Success In Online Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by FreshBoiy(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2018

Interesting read
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
Rxmusa is a BMC zombie paid 4m d pit of hell 2 derail ds thread
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by Krafty006: 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2018
its never too late to start, don't let anybody discourage you, ideas rule the world. professional cobbler : 0-8-1-8-1-6-6-3-6-1-6.
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by KevinDein: 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2018
PSVITA:
I disagree with your number 1. (For example, put ur self in my shoes) , you dad train his younger brother in high sch and university. And by the grace of God 2day , that ur dad brother who happen to be ur uncle, got a job in Agip oil. And got to the top level. And ur dad 2day z just a retired civic servant with 7 childern and 5 is in university, who z still wating 4 Buhari to pay him his penion. Are u trying to tell me that ur uncle did not own ur dad (the childern in sch) any help!
Oga no one owes you anything. The only people that owe you something are your parents; they at least owe you education and good upbringing until you become an adult.

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by akigbemaru: 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
ugojibaby:
[img]https://4.bp..com/-4vnUKt_va1I/WoHNfch63GI/AAAAAAAAAJA/fQC2xjcxnK0_9z50Z89juhHZ8R8EuwkQQCLcBGAs/s1600/change-your-mindset-make-money-online-NIgeria.jpg[/img]

The word “mindset” is a combination of the words “mind” and “set”. A layman yet effective definition of mindset from that combination would be “the way/manner the human mind is conditioned (set)”. While ownership of a mind is a privilege bestowed on all humans by Supreme Intelligence which ensures equality, the use of that mind has made segregated humanity and now determines who succeeds or fails.

Henry Ford understood this when he said, “if you think you can do it or you think you can’t do it, you’re right.” It essentially means many people fail or succeed in life simply because of their mentality.

The interesting thing about mindset is that they are not always consciously formed. Sometimes, our ways of reasoning and perspective on issues are not products of our critical thinking but what we simply picked up from others consciously or unconsciously. Such mindsets are referred to as adopted mindsets.

As we Nigerians say it, “country hard.” It’s therefore pointless holding on to any mindset that doesn’t produce result. Here are the worst 5 mindsets most Nigerians have and need to drop.

1. Somebody-owes-me-help mentality
Many Nigerians grew up with the notion that somebody owes them assistance and it is that person’s responsibility to give it to them. So they tend to get complacent and wait for people to act their roles in the movie they scripted in their minds. This is why some Nigerians believe somebody owes them a job or sum of money as aid or training in school etc.

The blunt truth is, nobody owes anybody anything. There’s no written law that binds anyone to providing assistance to anyone. Virtually all of us have been disappointed by people before and those who hold to this mentality will be disappointed over and over again. People must wake up to the reality that they are 100% responsible for how their lives turn out. The earlier we quit thinking people owe us things, the brighter our future would become.

2. Some-people-are-not-wired-for-business mindset

Many Nigerians have used this excuse to comfort themselves to sit at home even though they are unemployed or underemployed. They believe that luck is responsible for whether or not people succeed in business and as such will rather wait for a job to fall into their laps. Sadly, they end up waiting for years before a breakthrough comes.

Contrary to that mindset, anyone can succeed in business if they give it a try. A wise man once said that he realized that the harder he worked, the luckier he became. So rather than constitute a member of the large unemployed and underemployed population in Nigeria, giving business a shot is a better alternative. There are several posts on this blog that share various online and offline opportunities through which you can earn a regular income.

3. It-doesn’t-work-as-they-say-it-does mindset

Nigerians have a knack of condemning something before they try it out. So when an opportunity pops up, the default reaction of the typical Nigerian is that this thing would not work. It’s as though there’s a wired internal reaction that dismisses an idea before even reasoning it out or trying it out.
This mindset needs to be discarded because it makes people lose opportunities. Can you count how many shots you lost at an opportunity simply because you refuse to take one? Do you remember how you felt when you discovered after it was late that it was for real? What many people call gut feeling is merely disguised fear. Rather than trash an idea, you can try it out instead. Some opportunities that seem too good to be true are true nevertheless and are stepping stones to higher grounds.

4. I-don’t-need-information-to-succeed mindset

One of the reasons why Africa is backward is simply because we lack current information. Whatever knowledge seems trendy in Africa is likely outdated information in other parts of the world. We are all often too late at it.
You cannot become relevant in today’s world if you do not keep yourself updated. And some of the most valuable information...

More: http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/02/5-dangerous-mindsets-no-serious.html
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by madridguy(m): 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by dbanjj1629(m): 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2018
DeepSight:

Flee from us, thou wretched minion of darkness and hell
flee from us ye worker of iniquity.
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by Endycash1(m): 9:51pm On Feb 12, 2018
no let me swear for you ooooooo
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by Brite100: 10:03pm On Feb 12, 2018
Nice op.. Very nice one ��
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by Elxandre(m): 10:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
PSVITA:
I disagree with your number 1. (For example, put ur self in my shoes) , you dad train his younger brother in high sch and university. And by the grace of God 2day , that ur dad brother who happen to be ur uncle, got a job in Agip oil. And got to the top level. And ur dad 2day z just a retired civic servant with 7 childern and 5 is in university, who z still wating 4 Buhari to pay him his penion. Are u trying to tell me that ur uncle did not own ur dad (the childern in sch) any help!
Why will a man without means give birth to 7 children?
undecided

Yes, the younger brother owes him, but your really expect him to take full responsibility for seven kids right?
How much is he earning monthly sef?

This is why I try not to take from anyone, so I don't get indebted in ways I can't repay.

3 Likes

Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by FALLTORISE: 11:00pm On Feb 12, 2018
Ok
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by horia: 12:14am On Feb 13, 2018
olujastro:
Nice points, especially the first one. Nigerians have this very annoying dependent mindset, thinking the world owes them something.
E.g. My brother or sister is abroad so he or she has to send us money or nice clothes. He's working and I'm not so he should at least give me pocket money. I hate that I have such persons as siblings and close friends. I just wonder why someone will not be keen on having his or her own money, and will instead be feeling comfortable taking from others.
If there is anything I can guarantee is that people who are less dependent on others and shy about taking from others always go all out to succeed and make their own money.
don't speak against it. Don't act it.
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by horia: 12:26am On Feb 13, 2018
PSVITA:
I understand you and some people are just fund of acting as if they are ignorant of the way someone helped them during their time of need. But he is trying to say that you should not rely on them totally because they, most times, disappoint. I'm writing from experience. A person who likes to help you doesn't need you to rely on them before they would do it. Just try ur best and You might end up becoming better than him and a true help to your self, father and family. Nothing is as good as being independent.
My adv: don't b 2 dependent or 2 independent.

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by profeoo(m): 7:32am On Feb 13, 2018
PSVITA:
Your uncle has a choice to reciprocate same love. However if he chooses not to,he won't be queried in any way because his brother,your dad,wasn't forced in the first place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by mecussey(m): 8:16am On Feb 13, 2018
olujastro:
Nice points, especially the first one. Nigerians have this very annoying dependent mindset, thinking the world owes them something.
E.g. My brother or sister is abroad so he or she has to send us money or nice clothes. He's working and I'm not so he should at least give me pocket money.
I hate that I have such persons as siblings and close friends. I just wonder why someone will not be keen on having his or her own money, and will instead be feeling comfortable taking from others.
If there is anything I can guarantee is that people who are less dependent on others and shy about taking from others always go all out to succeed and make their own money.

Yea...not only you, Nigerians are lazy and so dependent. I blame culture and educational system, church somehow inclusive. If from child hood a child is trained to be productive, they will not be dependent when they grow up. Here a child forced to go through 1940 educational system and still go through an idle university where lecturers feel like demi gods and add no value to students. Shithole without any brains of there own.

2 Likes

Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by kolaaderin: 8:48am On Feb 13, 2018
Narldon:

The most Dangerous Mindset a Nigerian can have is voting for Buhari in next Election...

The most damaging and dangerous mindset is dreaming Buhari would loose next year election and another known criminal from the Polithiecians would be voted in for freelance looting.
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by wonder233: 9:02am On Feb 13, 2018
PSVITA:
No, he doesn't owe your dad or you nothing.
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by wonder233: 9:08am On Feb 13, 2018
KevinDein:

Oga no one owes you anything. The only people that owe you something are your parents; they at least owe you education and good upbringing until you become an adult.
Don't mind the lazy bone, thats how they all crowd around and suffocate relatives instead of trying to improve their own miserable lives. Even if the relative renders them assistance, they are still not satisfied and they kill the person.
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by Bishopism: 10:46am On Feb 13, 2018
I don`t agree with number 3. You should not swallow everything you see online hook- line and sinker, because some many jump into MMM without doing proper research. The wise never follows the crowd.
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by karlboss: 11:25am On Feb 13, 2018
Naso
Re: Dangerous Mindsets No Serious Nigerian Should Have In 2018 by 400billionman: 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
PSVITA:

He does.

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Africa's Truworths Exits Nigeria / Tony Elumelu Foundation, TEF List Of Selected Entrepreneur 2019 Is Out! / Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.