Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts (14080 Views)

5 Powerful And Effective Tips To Help You Have A Productive Day / FG Sacks 2,525 N-power Beneficiaries, Warns Against Acts Of Indiscipline, Others / How To Have A Productive Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by Kazrem(m): 10:07pm On Feb 12, 2018
By Kazeem Abolore S.

The world is filled with distractions;Whatsapp, Twitter, Snapchat. And the ever polluted and time-snatching Facebook.

There are many tasks to complete or at least start, personal, professional, business.

The time is ticking fast, deadline is fast approaching. Clients are calling, your boss is on your neck. Seems the world wants to crash on you.

That is the situation of things today and becoming productive becomes almost an impossible feat.

And what is productivity itself?

As a personal effectiveness strategist, it is simply doing what you had planned to do when you should do it and getting the right or expected results. It is as simple as that.

As simple as it looks, getting things done, at the right time is a herculean task for most. Sadly, that is what bosses, clients, employers, business partners crave for and pay for too.

How do you then have a productive day in a midst of distracting and low value activities?

First, there are many ways to achieve productivity but I am sharing what works for me. I believe strongly that if it works for me it will work for you; even though we are uniquely created, we are all human.

That said.

Set Your Table Yourself

At the beginning of a new term in my experience as a student of government school and then as a teacher of government-owned school (God bless my hustle), everybody on the resumption day, mind their businesses by looking for a suitable chair and desk or bringing to the new class the former ones. What do they want to do? One thing: Set the table. If you fail to set your desk on the resumption day, you would most likely share with someone or sit on the floor till whenever you get it done. Isn’t this your experience too?

Set your table by preparing today what you want to do tomorrow. Write down what you want to do in on a piece of paper and hang it somewhere you will see it easily, often.

I am not here to tell you what it does or how it helps you. Only to tell you what needs to be done. If you want to know what it does to productivity, apply it (that’s actually what I want you to do).

So, set the table yourself a day before. Don’t allow someone to set it for you. Else, you may be a loyal tenant in another man’s table.

Keep Fit

I told a friend recently that I did road walk for 30 minutes for 12 consecutive days during the last term vacation. And after that time, I rarely feel the pain I usually feel in my right shoulder when writing for a long time or doing anything with the right hand for a long time, if I feel at all.

Quick one, I broke my right arm when I was in what is now.Basic 4 and since then, I do feel pain whenever I used it for a long time. That happened more than 2 decades ago. But a 12 days road walk for 30 minutes was all I needed to have a pain-free arm. Even the intent of the road walk was never that.

Now, imagine what a little exercise could do to your mental well being. There are times – and I cannot count them – that I had written a well crafted article immediately after a light exercise after I had postponed its writing many times.

Wait. I am not saying you should go on 30 minutes exercise on a Monday morning.

This is what I do every working day and that had worked for me and helped me to be productive: I do 40 push ups every morning. Immediately I stand up from bed, I walk to the sitting room, go up, down, up, down, 40. On a poor day, I do 35. The results? I don’t know. Go do it and experience it yourself. That’s when you will know. I didn’t start with 40. In fact, it previously took 2 rounds to complete the 40 before I can now do 40 non-stop.

Fasten Your Work to Yourself

I am always ashamed of myself seeing what I had written down to do but had not. Without anyone scolding me or to report to (if it is a personal thing, like this article), I feel ashamed.

If you keep to your eyes reach what you want to do, you will most likely do it. But if you keep it far from yourself, you will seldom do it.

This article for instance was on my table, half-written before I finished it. If I had kept it away from my table or from my reach, I would probably finish its writing maybe in another 2 weeks. Yes, it had happened to me many times.

What Again?

Keep your tasks list within your reach. Don’t be like that man who went to a job interview and was told, “Let’s have your credentials”. He replied, “It’s not here with me”. My dear, if he was to be offered the job, on what basis would they?

Be proactive.

Kazeem, Abolore S. is my name and I am an innovative teacher, creative writer and personal effectiveness strategist

http://www.opinions.ng/productive-day-3-simple-acts/

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by Eggcelent(m): 10:51pm On Feb 12, 2018
Good Piece

Relevant. Practical. Useful

Thanks For Sharing Boss

3 Likes

Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by BecomeALandLord(m): 4:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
Great tips
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by Timinho23: 4:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
cool
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
Nice piece OP
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by temmypotter(m): 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2018
great excerpt
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by Uceegal: 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
Okay
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by iamDjSkukie(m): 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2018
Very educative
Thanks for sharing
More grease to ur elbow
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by sunbbo(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
Good.
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by Abcruz(m): 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2018
Nice
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by Robbin7(m): 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2018
Cool
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by DivinelyBlessed: 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2018
Kazrem. This is a brilliant post. Keep it up

2 Likes

Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by ImmaculateJOE(m): 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
Nice piece. Well articulated
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by flowsamuels(m): 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
Number 1 rule to have a productive day... Wake up early!
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by MrHighSea: 6:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
Been there, done that

It works.
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by esorison(m): 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
Thanks for sharing. The first rule works for me
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by sweetilicious(f): 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
WRITE DOWN YOUR TO DO EVERY MORNING

1 Like

Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by Tattooboy: 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
This is the kind of thread that should be on fp not BBN sh**ts.

Although i opened the thread about birthday sex.
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by tasceige(m): 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2018
Avoid procrastination

1 Like

Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
Good one Brother. The Gods Bless
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by Nehyooh(m): 10:03pm On Feb 19, 2018
Wonderful !
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by laivwire(m): 10:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
An important addition is to make your bed in the morning. It gives you a sense of fulfillment having achieved at least one thing that day. It also enables you put hints in focus. A scattered sight does confuse the mind. Lastly, if for anything you've had a bad day, you're coming home to an already made bed smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by adekzy: 11:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
Great insight to adopt
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by sirpdep(m): 11:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
grin thats great man
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by rolabell(m): 5:31am On Feb 20, 2018
Nice and informative tips.....Bravo
Re: How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 03, 2018
Simply put, be disciplined

(1) (Reply)

Suspended From Work Via Phone Call / Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace / Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.