Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:23 PM

How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory (9634 Views)

Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi / Fayose: Daura Lobbied Me Twice To Support Buhari / Peace Corps: "We Only Lobbied Senators, We Didn’t Bribe Them" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Pigsandidiots: 12:02am On Feb 14, 2018
PointB:

Fact of the matter is exclusion based on tribe and creed backfire.

It could mean excluding certain qualities from their school and missing out altogether on the benefits such will provide. Ivy League universities extend invitation/scholarship to some of the brightest and brilliant young mind for strategic reasons. But these clowns are crawling back into their caves and patting themselves at the back while at it.

Pathetic!
Sorry man, no amount of tears can change that. That is what we want and so shall it be. You all can continue wailing from now till jesus comes. We careless.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Pigsandidiots: 12:10am On Feb 14, 2018
PointB:

Honestly I don't know o. I speak yoruba even more than some native speaker. I know several of their proverbs, and know their culture. But bro, Lagos is No Man's Land!

Nuff said!
Nobody cares, if you like, know all the proverb in yoruba, it is your business and it is a welcome development. If you are going to work in germany,you must learn their language. So nothing new. I have northern friends than can speak yoruba fluently and i am happy with that. But that does not make him yoruba. I have a friend called stanley that speaks yoruba very well, but that does not make him yoruba. So speaking all the proverb in yoruba, know the culture does not make you yoruba. Know the difference.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Pigsandidiots: 12:16am On Feb 14, 2018
[s]
Ngokafor:

A thread for yorubas to talk rubbish and chest-beat...

.Fulani herdsmen are causing havoc already in the Sw while some ninnies are beating dry chests over language..by the time the fulanis are done with Lagos you all will know how far.....

.Akin and all shoukd also work towards the disintegration of these country so they can enact as many oduduwa laws as tickles their fancy....That will make more sense..,not clutching to 'one Nigeria' while writting to rep members to change market locations and language in Lagos. undecided
[/s]Aunty ode, go n sleep. Colony already being created in your land. Una never see anything. That is just a preamble. Be calmed. Carry your useless sermon to your region. We are not interested. God bless governor ambode and lagos govt for this. Town criers can cry us an ocean.

8 Likes

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by kolaaderin: 12:49am On Feb 14, 2018
imhotep:

meanwhile in a particular state grin

There we go again. You would be forcing me to decry this which might already be in the pipeline. Lagos state might soon pass a bill on land use which would identify non indigenous owners and buyers alike to sign a pact on duration of lease the land would be in use to them renewable only at the states discretion.

Don't say I never warned you Igbo's ooo. The dice would soon be cast who the real owners of the land is.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by deomelllo: 1:00am On Feb 14, 2018
kolaaderin:

There we go again. You would be forcing me to decry this which might already be in the pipeline. Lagos state might soon pass a bill on land use which would identify non indigenous owners and buyers alike to sign a pact on duration of lease the land would be in use to them renewable only at the states discretion.

Don't say I never warned you Igbo's ooo. The dice would soon be cast who the real owners of the land is.

This is already in practice, the land your house sits on in Lagos State doesn't really belong to you, it's a 99 years lease and you must renew after 99 years.

Btw, your COC can be denied or revoked anytime.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Nobody: 4:14am On Feb 14, 2018
kolaaderin:

This is a very suffersticated plan grin.
Will it apply to Igbos only? grin

cc lzaa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by robotix: 5:19am On Feb 14, 2018
I was not active on politics section then but one thing I have come to realise about my fellow Igbos is that THEY LACK WISDOM!

What is bravery without wisdom?

They are bold, brave,confident BUT lack wisdom... Again, what is the use of those other qualities without wisdom? They are like people with diarrhea of the mouth... Talk without thinking.

This same attitude brought down Nnamdi Kanu and ipop to their knees. NO WISDOM!

In fact purge all of them out of Lagos if you can.

Even I as am I here if what I have been chasing for 9 months, starting with Igbos to make it happen with no results, only to meet a Yoruba man in October, if by any chance we complete the deal, it will by the help of the Yoruba man that made the dream possible while the igbos we had met previously all promised and failed.

How dare you tell a people that their land is no man's land? How dare you! You think there are no high profiled men here? Men from the elite circle that have been reading your comments?

Now listen and listen carefully... If you are igbo and based in Lagos, start having plan B. A guy said something last year on nairaland when this same Yoruba language thingy came up that this is just the beginning as there are many more policies that will follow up to teach Igbos bitter lessons.

Y'll can continue disgracing yourselves and your ancestors... I detest it when people lack wisdom.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 14, 2018
kolaaderin:

And this law will be made to target only Igbo people, abi? grin

3 Likes

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by resurgentxtian4: 5:34am On Feb 14, 2018
imhotep:

And this law will be made to target only Igbo people, abi? grin

Get lost jareeee. You always joke about everything. I have known that about you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Nobody: 5:37am On Feb 14, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

Get lost jareeee. You always joke about everything. I have known that about you.
Abeg I need the Yoruba translation of "no mans land" . . .grin

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by resurgentxtian4: 5:42am On Feb 14, 2018
imhotep:

Abeg I need the Yoruba translation of "no mans land" . . .grin

Keep joking while your tribes men are being disgraced up and down. You think we would attack you like the north?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 14, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

Keep joking while your tribes men are being disgraced up and down. You think we would attack you like the north?
What's the latest Igbo phobic legislation you are planning ? grin

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by omenkaLives(m): 5:54am On Feb 14, 2018
wristbangle:
Lmao grin grin

Nairaland no go kill person

Akinphysicist lobbied with ambode on yoruba language. How is this headline different from the missing N30million in Jamb office swallowed by snake
grin grin grin
Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Yyeske(m): 5:58am On Feb 14, 2018
I only hope ndigbo on this forum and other fora are learning their lessons, it's not all about insults and chest beating but strategic reasoning.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by desmond2pk: 6:15am On Feb 14, 2018
Would that help lagos In any way? Would that help education,?
When we look back to early sixties when things seemed to be working, how did we get it wrong?
This is how we get it wrong. Tribal warfare that has no benefit but draws us back.
Isn't lagos meant to be a mega city any more? Are lagos state schools not international schools any more?
What is the reason for this ethnic insecurity of the yorubas?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Yyeske(m): 6:23am On Feb 14, 2018
desmond2pk:
When we look back to early sixties when things seemed to be working, how did we get it wrong?
This is how we get it wrong. Tribal warfare that has no benefit but draws us back.
Isn't lagos meant to be a mega city any more? Are lagos state schools not international schools any more?
I am an Igbo man but the antics of some of our brothers on the internet is hunting us now, who knows what's up next.
Let's put the hate and chest beating down for now, more Nigerians are getting connected to the internet and seeing the hate speeches some Igbos post and you never know who is reading it.
Gov Ambode might even be a Nairalander

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by PointB: 8:20am On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Nobody cares, if you like, know all the proverb in yoruba, it is your business and it is a welcome development. If you are going to work in germany,you must learn their language. So nothing new. I have northern friends than can speak yoruba fluently and i am happy with that. But that does not make him yoruba. I have a friend called stanley that speaks yoruba very well, but that does not make him yoruba. So speaking all the proverb in yoruba, know the culture does not make you yoruba. Know the difference.

Lol,
Thanks for agreeing with me. Non-indigenes learning, speaking, and passing yoruba language in school changes nothing. A leopard does not shed it spots. And that analogy with Germany is nonsensical, yorubaland is part of the zoo called Nigeria. The language may give one an advantage, if one's job profile requires daily dealings with semi-literate yoruba men and women. But which skilled worker needs that sort of mundane job. So overall you don't need to learn yoruba to live or work in Lagos, or any yoruba speaking area. Only semi-literate conduct business purely in Yoruba language in yoruba land. And if the intention of this newly introduced legislation is to breed more semi-literates, by all means be my guest.

The world will not bat an eyelid because Yorubas choose to crawl back to their middle ages caves to embrace their 'abe okuta' lifestyle. Iranu!

3 Likes

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by bakynes(m): 8:27am On Feb 14, 2018
desmond2pk:
If you know Lagos of yester years, you will know that Every Nigerian lived as one in Lagos. Nobody even paid attention to Lagos being Yorubaland we all lived as Brothers and sister until the Igbos started with the "no man's land" slogan,you can insult Yoruba's some other way but we will never accept the " no man's land" tag.

It is normal for anybody to feel threatened by that slogan. We prefer Lagos to be a shadow of Today than for us to loose our ancestral land to some other tribe.

If you like put Modern doors, paint, put new modern roofing in your landlords house, it will still never be your house and if he decides to evacuate you from the house he will do so and nothing will happen.

The bad mouth Igbos are only using their mouths to cause trouble for the peace loving ones.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by PointB: 8:28am On Feb 14, 2018
deomelllo:

This is already in practice, the land your house sits on in Lagos State doesn't really belong to you, it's a 99 years lease and you must renew after 99 years.

Btw, your COC can be denied or revoked anytime.

It same worldwide bro, stop making a fool of yourself thinking their is anything special about this 99 years stuff. Question you should ask yourself is how often is this land revoked when the tenancy period expired?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Ngokafor(f): 8:32am On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
[s][/s]Aunty ode, go n sleep. Colony already being created in your land. Una never see anything. That is just a preamble. Be calmed. Carry your useless sermon to your region. We are not interested. God bless governor ambode and lagos govt for this. Town criers can cry us an ocean.

You are clearly the epitome of your monicker cos you cant make a distinction between derision and preaching....Who is preaching or cares about you and your clownish paroles??...As we speak,the fulanis are systematically surrounding your regionss,while as usual you are bothered about petty useless issues..

..By the time the Fulanis are done with you balless lots in Lagos and environs,you will be speaking hausa sef while hitting your cone-shaped skull heads on the ground five times a day like you do in Ilorin...Dont go agitate for your own country una hear...be here spewing trash on-line while beating your dry weak chests..nonsense.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by robotix: 8:40am On Feb 14, 2018
omenkaLives:
grin grin grin
Na now u come out of your hiding Abi? Shameless thing.

2 Likes

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by LZAA: 8:48am On Feb 14, 2018
imhotep:
This is a very suffersticated plan grin. Will it apply to Igbos only? grin
cc lzaa
grin grin forza sufferstication
Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by LZAA: 9:06am On Feb 14, 2018
robotix:
I was not active on politics section then but one thing I have come to realise about my fellow Igbos is that THEY LACK WISDOM!

What is bravery without wisdom?

They are bold, brave,confident BUT lack wisdom... Again, what is the use of those other qualities without wisdom? They are like people with diarrhea of the mouth... Talk without thinking.

This same attitude brought down Nnamdi Kanu and ipop to their knees. NO WISDOM!

In fact purge all of them out of Lagos if you can.

Even I as am I here if what I have been chasing for 9 months, starting with Igbos to make it happen with no results, only to meet a Yoruba man in October, if by any chance we complete the deal, it will by the help of the Yoruba man that made the dream possible while the igbos we had met previously all promised and failed.

How dare you tell a people that their land is no man's land? How dare you! You think there are no high profiled men here? Men from the elite circle that have been reading your comments?

Now listen and listen carefully... If you are igbo and based in Lagos, start having plan B. A guy said something last year on nairaland when this same Yoruba language thingy came up that this is just the beginning as there are many more policies that will follow up to teach Igbos bitter lessons.

Y'll can continue disgracing yourselves and your ancestors... I detest it when people lack wisdom.
is it the ones that went home for xmas that caused afonjas to create a thread of why igbos travel home for holidays
or is it how lagos economy is shut down once they travel
ur ppl in the west even after taking over igbo offices know what they went through after igbos left.
this is not owambe young man grin
Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Pigsandidiots: 9:10am On Feb 14, 2018
desmond2pk:
Mr desmond, that is what we want. Go to anambra n imo to tell them same thing. We are not interested here. In fact, we are happy to draw ourselves back like the japan, korea, germany, italy amd france tjat make their languages compulsory for anyone. I applied for school in czech republic and their language is one of the critaria they use for admission. Guess they must be insecure as well. Go to france to look for job n do not learn french if they will even look you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by LZAA: 9:13am On Feb 14, 2018
bakynes:

If you know Lagos of yester years, you will know that Every Nigerian lived as one in Lagos. Nobody even paid attention to Lagos being Yorubaland we all lived as Brothers and sister until the Igbos started with the "no man's land" slogan,you can insult Yoruba's some other way but we will never accept the " no man's land" tag.

It is normal for anybody to feel threatened by that slogan. We prefer Lagos to be a shadow of Today than for us to loose our ancestral land to the igbos

If you like put Modern doors, paint, put new modern roofing in your landlords house, it will still never be your house and if he decides to evacuate you from the house he will do so and nothing will happen.

The bad mouth Igbos are only using their mouths to cause trouble for the peace loving ones.
Fixed
first of every capital(former in the case of lagos) is always no man's land
you do not see a manchester lad claiming london but dy are a lot of mancs in london who claim to be posh
likewise rio and brasilia
in the east alone we have capitals like owerri,awka,enugu,umuahia that can stand on its own whereas wenever any of una talk on NL abt SW all we hear about is lagos(a former federal capital.u lot dont mention ogun whose economic boom is because of its proximity to lagos.
d day ports open in the east,lagos business is finished

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Pigsandidiots: 9:20am On Feb 14, 2018
PointB:

Lol,
Thanks for agreeing with me. Non-indigenes learning, speaking, and passing yoruba language in school changes nothing. A leopard does not shed it spots. And that analogy with Germany is nonsensical, yorubaland is part of the zoo called Nigeria. The language may give one an advantage, if ones job profile requires daily dealings with semi-literate yoruba men and women. But which skilled worker needs that sort of mundane job. So overall you don't need to learn yoruba to live or work in Lagos, or any yoruba speaking area. Only semi-literate conduct business purely in Yoruba language in yoruba land. And if the intention of this newly introduced legislation is to breed more semi-literates, by all means be my guest.

The world will not bat an eyelid because Yorubas choose to crawl back to their middle ages caves to embrace their 'abe okuta' lifestyle. Iranu!
Yes, we wish to craw back to our cave and that is what we want and all of us are happy with that. When we tell you people we do not care about una, una no believd. You did same in anambra and no yoruba even notice talkless of ranting about it. I know that japan, korea, indonesia, france, germany are also insecure for making yjeir language compulsory and you that carry english for head like gala are well secure than them. Bros, if you do not like it, no as usual, report to ICC or donald trump instead of grunting repeatedly here. Or, you leave for your region. Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by bakynes(m): 9:21am On Feb 14, 2018
LZAA:

Fixed
you do not see a manchester lad claiming london but dy are a lot of mancs in london who claim to be posh
in the east alone we have capitals like owerri,awka,enugu,umuahia that can stand on its own whereas wenever any of una talk on NL abt SW all we hear about is lagos(a former federal capital.u lot dont mention ogun whose economic boom is because of its proximity to lagos.
I couldn't make sense of any thing you said please stop dispensing saliva all over my mention.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Pigsandidiots: 9:27am On Feb 14, 2018
[s]
Ngokafor:

You are clearly the epitome of your monicker cos you cant make a distinction between derision and preaching....Who is preaching or cares about you and your clownish paroles??...As we speak,the fulanis are systematically surrounding your regionss,while as usual you are bothered about petty useless issues..

..By the time the Fulanis are done with you balless lots in Lagos and environs,you will be speaking hausa sef while hitting your cone-shaped skull heads on the ground five times a day like you do in Ilorin...Dont go agitate for your own country una hear...be here spewing trash on-line while beating your dry weak chests..nonsense.
[/s]If you know you do not care, shut up and face your business. I repeat, take your sermon to your region, they might need your opinion. But on yoruba issue, your opinion is useless. Thank you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Pigsandidiots: 9:35am On Feb 14, 2018
[s]
LZAA:

Fixed
[/s]Open the port first and stop ranting. None of your so called cities you mention can compete with abeokuta, ibadan, ota. So open the port first. Thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by akoaki(m): 9:38am On Feb 14, 2018
To me, this new law makes no sense. Just like religion has divided this county, this law will further reinforce the division as other states may soon enact similar legislations.
Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 14, 2018
GodIsBiafran:
About 2 or so years ago, Nairalander's most prominent Pan-Yorubanist and overall wicked man, Akinphysicist made a bet with me that within 2 - 5 years credit in Yoruba language will be required to attend Lagos state-owned tertiary institutions. Unfortunately, the mods closed that thread because, as with any thread Akinphysicist ventures into, it was filled with so many controversial backs and forth. When I read this thread today about Ambode signing that bill https://www.nairaland.com/4343341/yoruba-mandatory-admission-lagos-tertiary it confirmed what I have always suspected:

which is that there are certain Yorubas on this forum who are very strategic and are just no here to blow hot smoke. Because of their education and money they are actually able to move lawmakers to change laws. I lament this because I wish my fellow Igbo forumites would also be this strategic. Instead, we spend most of our ranting without making any concrete moves. If one Yoruba guy based in the US, however wicked he might be, can predict what Lagos lawmakers will do 2 solid years in advance, why are we Igbos not making similar moves? The Yorubas are strategic and we are not. It is very sad!

It's a sad expereince. Imagine if all tribes begin to go back to the past and seek ethnic interests, thesekind of rules have nothing to do withd evelopment of human lives and should be discouraged. It will pitch brother against brother in the long run...
Re: How Nairaland's Akinphysicist, Lobbied Ambode To Make Yoruba Compulsory by Pigsandidiots: 9:41am On Feb 14, 2018
LZAA:

is it the ones that went home for xmas that caused afonjas to create a thread of why igbos travel home for holidays
or is it how lagos economy is shut down once they travel
ur ppl in the west even after taking over igbo offices know what they went through after igbos left.
this is not owambe young man grin
Akindanidani

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is INEC Registration Situation In Your Area? / Nigerians Gamble N1.8 Trillion Annually – Stakeholders / Nigerian Govt Approves N52bn For Monitoring Of Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.