Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 (25956 Views)

PDP kicks, calls for a rerun as INEC declares Buhari winner / PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now / PDP kicks as PLASIEC declares APC winner of Plateau LG polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by fortune1968: 10:04am On Feb 13, 2018
[quote author=Absuchat post=65024534]

Lagos is no longer a"no man's land "
It's now an" Igbo - Yoruba land . Yoruba Land .Any sensible Igbo man should know where to locate his ancestral land .Hence .the enactment of The Yoruba preservation law in LAGOS HERE .

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 10:05am On Feb 13, 2018
Belafonte:

Iwo ati awon ebi e ma su kun dale ni. grin
Efulefu, Which of the motor parks in Lagos is your abode?
Zuzuariwa, onye ara

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by ajl: 10:06am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Hahaha...... I laugh, the bill has been passed, has it been implemented?
Onye iberibe.... The stupid governor just want to remedy the poor communication Yorubas have in English language.

All you people do is give Igbos names(which we appreciate anyway)

But mark my words, this was how apartheid started in south Africa.
We all know who the first class citizens are in Lagos

So in your opinion, Anambra State has more right to.implement same law while Lagos does not. You see why I have issues with folks like you. What you all will not tolerate in your homeland, you come to another man's land to try to force it. What do you call that.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Hotfreeze: 10:07am On Feb 13, 2018
In fact, they should change the law and add that Igbos should be given Yoruba tribal marks before being allowed to join the civil service.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by femolii: 10:09am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Point of correction, Lagos used to be a Yoruba area, however, it's now an Igbo- Yoruba area.

Having said that, I will like to tell you authoritatively that the bill can only work out if and only if igbo language is also made a prerequisite for gaining admission into universities in Lagos alongside the overhyped Yoruba language.

Igbos have come to stay in Lagos QED.

#operationsubdueanddominate.
Osu blood na curse on you wake up day don brake you.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by EarthXmetahuman: 10:10am On Feb 13, 2018
And pdp keeps putting more nails on their coffin in Lagos.

Something tells me tinubu is the one controlling pdp in Lagos.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by FKO81(m): 10:11am On Feb 13, 2018
femolii:
Shut up there lagos is not your state is yorubas state go back to your state and develop it and be proud of it no body force u to lagos arindin .

You will continue shout go back to your state till you di.e Igbos will still remain in Lagos and waxing strong, your silly rants end online nothing more, Lagos is melting point for nation common wealth, we all contributed, I love my people for their stubborn and resilient spirit grin grin grin we can' be intimidated by cowards untill Nigeria cease to exist tongue tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Truthisit: 10:11am On Feb 13, 2018
debolayinka:
I think they should rather require any Nigerian language and not necessarily Yoruba only.
No! Lagos is Yorubaland, and anyone who is bitter about it or this law should head back to his state.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by EarthXmetahuman: 10:12am On Feb 13, 2018
resurgentxtian4:
My children shall be raised as conscious Yoruba children and they shall be proficient in the language of their father. I would instill it in their minds that Lagos has been and will always be the heritage of Yorubas.

In fact, I would extract daily briefings from them on what igbo kids in their schools are saying or doing so as to quickly correct any presumption that igbos are indigenous to yorubaland in them.

We have begged igbos to go home and develop the east for almost 20 years but they won’t listen but rather seek to struggle for relevance in our land. Na by force?

Akin Ambode is a genius and he hasn’t put a foot wrong with dealing with the Igbo problem we have in Lagos. For this reason, he has my sure vote for the 2019 elections.
gbammm

5 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 10:14am On Feb 13, 2018
ajl:

So in your opinion, Anambra State has more right to.implement same law while Lagos does not. You see why I have issues with folks like you. What you all will not tolerate in your homeland, you come to another man's land to try to force it. What do you call that.
Who made Lagos your land?
Bros wake up na.....
If the law is made in Osun or ogun I couldn't have reacted, cos Osun and ogun are core Yoruba lands,but you see Lagos, forget it bro... We own it collectively.
No fool should wake up from nowhere and make a stupid law, without considering the interest of other stakeholders in the state.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by jaymichael(m): 10:14am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Onye iberibe.... The stupid governor just want to remedy the poor communication Yorubas have in English language.

Anuofia, If apartheid starts, you guys will be our slaves. It has never been known in history that your ancestors fought and won any battle, it won't start now. We don't give you "onye nzuzus" offensive names, it is just what you lots really are.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by oooduancalmdown: 10:17am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Igbos can never be marginalized by coward tribes of Yoruba, not even Hausas.

You asked why a revolution of this kind didn't occur when similar law was enacted in Imo and Anambra,?
The answer is simple, we control our territory. We cannot compete with any tribe in our very own land. As per Lagos and other parts of Yoruba land, the minorities (Yoruba) can't just wake up from sleep and say something that is not realizable and expect it not to be nipped in the bud as usual.
Iboe boy, you started beating your chest abi? If they born una well, make una do una worst. Useless tribe. Nobody said anybody said anything when yous stupid igbo states implemented it

12 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 10:17am On Feb 13, 2018
CoolextPhoenix:
you ended up making no sensible or reasonable point,, Anambra or IMO making Igbo language compulsory for secondary sch had nothing to do with getting admitted into any institution in these states,,,Igbo language was and is not compulsory in Waec or any other examination to qualify u for admission into any tertiary institution with these States
You are the one who ended up sounding clueless. angry Those from other tribes living within the SE, did not complain when Igbo language was made compulsory in their primary and secondary schools. In state-owned tertiary institutions, Igbo is even part of the General Studies courses which they learn at 100-level. Go back and do your research before coming back to misyarn, biko! sad

Federal tertiary institutions within Lagos state are exempted from the Yoruba language criteria, so if you do not want to attend a Lagos state-owned tertiary institution, please apply to a federal one. End of story! Now can you kindly get off my mentions and totally refrain from quoting me again? I have zero tolerance for jerks! undecided

7 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 10:18am On Feb 13, 2018
femolii:
Osu blood na curse on you wake up day don brake you.

Is that the best you can do?
Common your fellow e-warriors are better than this.

Ndi ara.

It's only a fool that chases rat in his house while the building itself is on fire.

You guys should continue making noise here, while herdsmen are finishing you in Ekiti and Igbos are eliminating you guys completely from the commerce industry in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by jaymichael(m): 10:25am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

First class citizen that still sleeps inside a 2 by 2 kiosk. We are just starting o. Your punishments is well wrapped like Iya Mulika's amala. By the time we are through with you criminal minded outcasts you all would have wished you took Oba Akiolu's advice to Jump inside the lagoon earlier. Awon iran oloribu dede.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by oooduancalmdown: 10:27am On Feb 13, 2018
FKO81:

You will continue shout go back to your state till you di.e Igbos will still remain in Lagos and waxing strong, your silly rants end online nothing more, Lagos is melting point for nation common wealth, we all contributed, I love my people for their stubborn and resilient spirit grin grin grin we can' be intimidated by cowards untill Nigeria cease to exist tongue tongue
Who is intimidating your cowardly and pathetic tribe? Na losers una be. Flatt heads

9 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 10:27am On Feb 13, 2018
jaymichael:
Anuofia, If apartheid starts, you guys will be our slaves. It has never been known in history that your ancestors fought and won any battle, it won't start now. We don't give you "onye nzuzus" offensive names, it is just what you lots really are.

Fool do you really know the meaning of apartheid?
Olodo.
History has never recorded the Yoruba tribe standing up for what they believe, instead they will rather become slaves... All thanks to the Hausas that gave you guys the luxury of having you as slaves.

Which other name is left in your dump skull?

Keep calling names but make sure you keep doing your work (cos I know you work for an igbo entrepreneur)else you are fired and you return to the ghetto you came from.

Oloshi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Killitoff: 10:27am On Feb 13, 2018
[s]
Absuchat:

You asked why a revolution of this kind didn't occur when similar law was enacted in Imo and Anambra,?
The answer is simple, we control our territory. We cannot compete with any tribe in our very own land. As per Lagos and other parts of Yoruba land, the minorities (Yoruba) can't just wake up from sleep and say something that is not realizable and expect it not to be nipped in the bud as usual.
[/s]

Ndubuisi Victor, You are just pouring smelly spits everywhere while disgracing your lineage. Lmaoooo

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by FKO81(m): 10:27am On Feb 13, 2018
jaymichael:
grin grin grin

Slaves when your people are in penury and dying of malnutrition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 10:29am On Feb 13, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Iboe boy, you started beating your chest abi? If they born una well, make una do una worst. Useless tribe. Nobody said anybody said anything when yous stupid igbo states implemented it

Hahaha.... The one we are doing to you people is enough for us for now.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 10:30am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Yorubas are the minorities in Yoruba land? Chimo! shocked What is that brand of weed you have been smoking nwoke m? cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by letusbepieces: 10:32am On Feb 13, 2018
The one Nigeria Yoruba have spoken out against the oduduwa republic Yorubas.

Let us pause for a second and critically analyse the action of Ambode apc.

U claim you want to preserve Yoruba language but yet yoruba hinter state like Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo and Osun dont see need to pass such law.

Lagos, the commercial capital of Nigeria with about 70% of its population being nonyoruba is passing bill to impose Yoruba language on non yorubas.

Thus, where by the non yoruba fail to comply, they will be discriminated from going to University.

This begs the question of, does Ambode APC understand the meaning of constitutional human rights?

Aparthied has been born in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 10:32am On Feb 13, 2018
Hotfreeze:
In fact, they should change the law and add that Igbos should be given Yoruba tribal marks before being allowed to join the civil service.
Wicked!! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 10:33am On Feb 13, 2018
Killitoff:
[s][/s]

Ndubuisi Victor, You are just pouring smelly spits everywhere while disgracing your lineage. Lmaoooo

Lol, that shows how of a concern my comments are to you.
Onwebeghi ife ifuru.

You will soon know my third name.

Onye nzuzu
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by NdubuisiVictor: 10:33am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Stop smoking expired weed, its affecting your brain.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by femolii: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2018
FKO81:

E pain you but you should be ashame of yourself by now see go back to eboyin state and fight because part of your land is now giving out to herdsmen.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Killitoff: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2018
[s]
Absuchat:

Lol, that shows how of a concern my comments are to you.
Onwebeghi ife ifuru.

You will soon know my third name.

Onye nzuzu
[/s]

Stop crying, Why do you want to kill yourself?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 10:36am On Feb 13, 2018
Killitoff:
[s][/s]
Stop crying, Why do you want to kill yourself?
Because killing myself will hurt you more Sadiq
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by NdubuisiVictor: 10:36am On Feb 13, 2018
FKO81:

Your own wife is been banged left, right and center by dirty security men in Anambra, but you are online, insulting those that are better than you. Lwkmd

6 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 10:37am On Feb 13, 2018
femolii:
E pain you but you should be ashame of yourself by now see go back to eboyin state and fight because part of your land is now giving out to herdsmen.

Part you said, well it's not like the whole state, like in kwara
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Killitoff: 10:37am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Because killing myself will hurt you more Sadiq

Lol. Just kill yourself then instead of crying and ranting online. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 10:38am On Feb 13, 2018
letusbepieces:
The one Nigeria Yoruba have spoken out against the oduduwa republic Yorubas.

Let us pause for a second and critically analyse the action of Ambode apc.

U claim you want to preserve Yoruba language but yet yoruba hinter state like Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo and Osun dont see need to pass such law.

Lagos, the commercial capital of Nigeria with about 70% of its population being nonyoruba is passing bill to impose Yoruba language on non yorubas.

Thus, where by the non yoruba fail to comply they will be discriminated from going to University.

This begs the question of does Ambode APC understand the meaning of constitutional human rights?

Bia, who conducted this fake census for you and told you that Lagos has 70% of non-Yorubas? Who? shocked Why do you enjoy peddling lies and propaganda at your age?

And the law is only for Lagos state-owned tertiary institutions. undecided Other federal institutions exist in the state, where this law does not apply. Apart from that, over 34 other states do not have the same law in place, so you can still attend tertiary institutions in those states. So why this stress?

Afterall, Anambra and Abia states do not have the same laws, do they? As for Ekiti, Oyo, Osun and Ogun states not following suit, nobody knows tomorrow. They might decide to toe the same line as Lagos, in a few months. So quickly go and buy your JAMB Form and complete the admission process, before they change their minds... cheesy

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Which Government Institutions Is The Most Corrupt? / Aiyedatiwa Appoints Ex-NASS Clerk, Olaide Adelami As Deputy Governor Of Ondo / LASG Launches 1,000-hectares Modern Satellite City In Epe (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.