Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 (25960 Views)

PDP kicks, calls for a rerun as INEC declares Buhari winner / PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now / PDP kicks as PLASIEC declares APC winner of Plateau LG polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by royalamour(m): 11:33am On Feb 13, 2018
Niyinficient:

Tell that to Japan, China and all those eastern Europe countries who will ask u to spend 6 months learning their languages before you can have a degree in their schools.

Your manner of approach is whack.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by monex(m): 11:33am On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:
The PDP guy is a hopeless joker. angry He did not complain when toll gate charges were increased. Now he is wailing about the introduction of Yoruba language, as a criteria for admission into state-owned schools. Why didn't his party PDP make noise when Anambra and Imo passed similar laws, to make Igbo compulsory in primary and secondary schools within their region? Or when Igbo language was incorporated into General Studies courses in state-owned tertiary institutions in Anambra? Yeye man!
well what i read was a credit pass in yoruba as a criteria for admission into state owned tertiary institutions.

did Anambra or Imo do that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by FKO81(m): 11:34am On Feb 13, 2018
NdubuisiVictor:

Onistha, the cursed piggery land.

This is Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odkosh: 11:34am On Feb 13, 2018
AnodaIT:
Anambra is not a no man's land like Lagos
If Oyo state did it, no problem

Okay, tell your father to go and change it.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by franugo(m): 11:37am On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

Okay, you do not wail. You merely lament. sad And you are talking from a half-baked perspective. Nobody said engineering, medicine or such courses will be taught in Yoruba. You merely need a credit pass in the language at secondary school level, in order to gain admission into a tertiary institution, owned by Lagos state. As for Igbo being made a compulsory part of General Studies courses in Anambra, I am not trying to convince anyone, you can read it all here:

bros, but promotion from js111 to ss1 is not the same as making it compulsory for admission into higher institution na,,,,,,,that there is a department of igbo language does not make it a compulsory course in tertiary institutions. what lagos is trying to do is make yoruba as important as maths and english for ALL students, even those who know nothing of the language
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by FKO81(m): 11:39am On Feb 13, 2018
This is Onitsha, Igbo heritage with zero contribution from other tribes

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odkosh: 11:41am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Point of correction, Lagos used to be a Yoruba area, however, it's now an Igbo- Yoruba area.

Having said that, I will like to tell you authoritatively that the bill can only work out if and only if igbo language is also made a prerequisite for gaining admission into universities in Lagos alongside the overhyped Yoruba language.

Igbos have come to stay in Lagos QED.

#operationsubdueanddominate.
See this mumu grunting from dirty aba hehehe.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by bakynes(m): 11:43am On Feb 13, 2018
I don't know if I need to remind Igbos that Places in Lagos are named in Yoruba. Places like Ikorodu,Epe,Isolo,Ajegunle,Alimosho,Amuwo-odofin,Ipaja,Agege,Surulere etc. Or do I need to remind them each of these places have an Oba or a Baale, they perform traditional festivals and are recognized by the Lagos State Ministry of Chifetaincy affairs.

When you enter Lagos through the Border with Ogun state, you see a statue of 3 white cap Chiefs called "the Idejo Chiefs" Lagos is right inside Yoruba Land Bordered from all angles by Ogun state. You have to pass through nothing less than 3 Other Yoruba states to get to Lagos.

Or do I need to remind the Igbos that the Lagos state Civil service, Judiciary,Government at State and Local level,Commissioners,Ministries,Agencies and Parastatals,House of Assembly is controlled by Yorubas. Whatelse do you need to be reminded to tell you Lagos is Yoruba land.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Throwback: 11:44am On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

Why do you want to kill yourself over laws made in another man's land, biko? You sure say you well, so? If you do not like the law, go elsewhere. It is not by force to stay in Lagos, o! shocked How is making a law about an indigenous language, now being interpreted as ethnic cleansing or tribal supremacy?

When Anambra and Imo made Igbo compulsory in primary and secondary schools for all students, irrespective of their ethnic tribes, you did not cry and wail about ethnic cleansing or tribal supremacy. When they decreed that any student who fails Igbo would not be promoted in those schools, you did not cry and wail about ethnic cleansing, apartheid or tribal supremacy. Biko, swerve.

You should know by now that no tribe in Nigeria can defeat clansmen when it comes to incredulous propaganda that has only brought them generational misery.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by franugo(m): 11:46am On Feb 13, 2018
monex:

well what i read was a credit pass in yoruba as a criteria for admission into state owned tertiary institutions.

did Anambra or Imo do that?

that is what i am trying to point out to him but he is just taking everything personally like psquare grin
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odkosh: 11:46am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Igbos can never be marginalized by coward tribes of Yoruba, not even Hausas.

You asked why a revolution of this kind didn't occur when similar law was enacted in Imo and Anambra,?
The answer is simple, we control our territory. We cannot compete with any tribe in our very own land. As per Lagos and other parts of Yoruba land, the minorities (Yoruba) can't just wake up from sleep and say something that is not realizable and expect it not to be nipped in the bud as usual.
Heheje, the one dey don margunalize nko hehehe. You keeo crying daily of marginalization. Nwazurike, truly, truly, your tribe is the most foolish tribe in the world. grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Throwback: 11:47am On Feb 13, 2018
franugo:

bros, but promotion from js111 to ss1 is not the same as making it compulsory for admission into higher institution na,,,,,,,that there is a department of igbo language does not make it a compulsory course in tertiary institutions. what lagos is trying to do is make yoruba as important as maths and english for ALL students, even those who know nothing of the language

Are the higher institutions not the Yoruba state owned tertiary institutions?

Has a state not got the right to determine how it admits into its own institutions?

If admissions are low due to this requirement, then logical adjustments will obviously be made.

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by sekxyqueen(f): 11:50am On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

You are the one who ended up sounding clueless. angry Those from other tribes in the SE, did not complain when Igbo language was made compulsory in their primary and secondary schools. In state-owned tertiary institutions, Igbo is even part of the General Studies courses which they learn at 100-level. Go back and do your research before coming back to misyarn, biko! sad

Federal tertiary institutions within Lagos state are exempted from the Yoruba language criteria, so if you do not want to attend a Lagos state-owned tertiary institution, please apply to a federal one. End of story! Now can you kindly get off my mentions and totally refrain from quoting me again? I have zero tolerance for jerks! undecided
from minority tribe indeed

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odkosh: 11:53am On Feb 13, 2018
Coitus:
I'm waiting for the Fulani to enact same law in kwara state since they are in control of illorin. This will be fun
We do not care about kwara.

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Throwback: 11:54am On Feb 13, 2018
jaymichael:
Hey cannibal! you have been noticed. Your people who leave their place which is "heaven" loaded like cargoes in the booth of Ifesinachi buses to come to the land of "people who die of malnutrition" They must love penury and malnutrition so much to make them embark on the journey. A human flesh eating osu that sleeps inside a 2 by 2 kiosk is talking about penury. I am a landlord in this Lagos. I have a spare room in my compound where I keep my domestic animals, I can out of mercy and service to humanity spare you that room. You will only need to bring that carton that you lay on the floor of your 2 by 2. Hopeless FLAT HEAD CANNIBAL.

Abeg naa show mercy to the refugee clan.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odkosh: 11:56am On Feb 13, 2018
Hotfreeze:
In fact, they should change the law and add that Igbos should be given Yoruba tribal marks before being allowed to join the civil service.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by FKO81(m): 11:56am On Feb 13, 2018
bakynes:
[s]I don't know if I need to remind Igbos that Places in Lagos are named in Yoruba. Places like Ikorodu,Epe,Isolo,Ajegunle,Alimosho,Amuwo-odofin,Ipaja,Agege,Surulere etc. Or do I need to remind them each of these places have an Oba or a Baale, they perform traditional festivals and are recognized by the Lagos State Ministry of Chifetaincy affairs.

When you enter Lagos through the Border with Ogun state, you see a statue of 3 white cap Chiefs called "the Idejo Chiefs" Lagos is right inside Yoruba Land Bordered from all angles by Ogun state. You have to pass through nothing less than 3 Other Yoruba states to get to Lagos.

Or do I need to remind the Igbos that the Lagos state Civil service, Judiciary,Government at State and Local level,Commissioners,Ministries,Agencies and Parastatals,House of Assembly is controlled by Yorubas. Whatelse do you need to be reminded to tell you Lagos is Yoruba land. [/s]

Lagos is all tribes state, being develop by all, you can eat your cake and have it, you guys believe in indivisible nation, why crying and ranting overs Igbo expansions and claims on no man's tag of Lagos grin grin grin you can claim Lagos when Nigeria cease to exist, then we can push our collective efforts to expand our own Lagos in the east with our wealth with modern polices, not the first that started the race wins grin grin grin Ibadan old city as case study

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by franugo(m): 11:57am On Feb 13, 2018
Throwback:

Are the higher institutions not the Yoruba state owned tertiary institutions?

Has a state not got the right to determine how it admits into its own institutions?

If admissions are low due to this requirement, then logical adjustments will obviously be made.

you sef... higher institutions, no matter where they are located, are for ALL Nigerians. You just cannot introduce a law that is as discriminatory and inciting as this out of the blue. It is rude, inflammatory, bigoted, tribalistic and uncalled for. Every Nigerian, no matter the language he/she speaks, has the right to higher education. bros, please use your church mind judge this matter, you n laudable write like educated fellas so please think like them. No one is saying that our culture should not be preserved, but you've got to agree that they are less inciting n discriminatory ways of preserving it.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odkosh: 11:59am On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Who made Lagos your land?
Bros wake up na.....
If the law is made in Osun or ogun I couldn't have reacted, cos Osun and ogun are core Yoruba lands,but you see Lagos, forget it bro... We own it collectively.
No fool should wake up from nowhere and make a stupid law, without considering the interest of other stakeholders in the state.
You rant too much here, instead of you to call your father in the village to come and change the law, you are here vociferating. No be only collectively, na abstractly.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by ClumsyFlimsy: 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2018
jaidey1:

Ignorant illiterate.

1.) Anambra and IMO passed similar laws but you didn't complain. Guess your states are insecure too. Olodo

2.) Lagos is Yoruba land. No one is forcing you to work and oaybtax here. If you don't like our laws go back to your village.

3.) The port in Lagos has been generating money long before independence!!! What the port generates annually is more than federal government allocation to Lagos state!!! Keep your Niger delta oil money and give us our ports!!!

Ignorant illiterate
Your entire lineage are ignorant illiterates

Swerve u stinking vermin
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by InfiniteLoopx: 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2018
toodark:
lagos is yoruba area....period...they can speak yoruba if they want in their area....doesnt matter what igbos say...

igbos like to make too much noise...other tribes are not complaining....nobody send igbos....
Wetin concern Igbos for this matter na? you this guy, you are always making nasty comments against Igbos. Igbophobia is a chocking disease

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odingo1: 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2018
Let see how Jamb will change admission guideline for Lagos state own tertiary institutions to effect this change and implement the law.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odkosh: 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
FKO81:
grin grin grin

Slaves when your people are in penury and dying of malnutrition
That law really pain una Igbo wella. Infact, may God bless lasg for this. Slave like yoi people will remain slave forever.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odkosh: 12:08pm On Feb 13, 2018
[s]
letusbepieces:
The one Nigeria Yoruba have spoken out against the oduduwa republic Yorubas.

Let us pause for a second and critically analyse the action of Ambode apc.

U claim you want to preserve Yoruba language but yet yoruba hinter state like Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo and Osun dont see need to pass such law.

Lagos, the commercial capital of Nigeria with about 70% of its population being nonyoruba is passing bill to impose Yoruba language on non yorubas.

Thus, where by the non yoruba fail to comply, they will be discriminated from going to University.

This begs the question of, does Ambode APC understand the meaning of constitutional human rights?

Aparthied has been born in Lagos
[/s]Dumb analysis.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by lonelyisland(m): 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2018
As for me, I don't see anything wrong with this law. Igbo is one of the compulsory subjects here in southeast especially Anambra state so I don't understand what this fuss is all about.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by omonnakoda: 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
Even before he leaves the market the case has been judged, sentence pronounced and he is taken home for the sentence to be executed .
We are talking about the goat aka Ewure or Ewu .

The goat arrives the house GUILTY with no option of appeal waiting for the owner to execute the sentence. So what use is the protest of the goat. ? Scratching the ground with its hooves? That will only provoke further chastisement.

Ewu ne ba akwa. The goats are crying.
The law has been passed and signed.

We have bought oil and pepper and Maggi and onions and tomato the pot is on the fire and the water is boiling.
The goat says " objection my Lord.

OBJECTION OVERRULED "

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odkosh: 12:14pm On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Which security man will want to bang a dirty yoruba woman (wey no dey baff), coupled with the ethical dirtiness and body odour that are in their DNA
Igbos are tje world dirtiest tribe.... World health organisation. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by EarthXmetahuman: 12:15pm On Feb 13, 2018
[s]
FKO81:

Lagos is all tribes state, being develop by all, you can eat your cake and have it, you guys believe in indivisible nation, why crying and ranting overs Igbo expansions and claims on no man's tag of Lagos grin grin grin you can claim Lagos when Nigeria cease to exist, then we can push our collective efforts to expand our own Lagos in the east with our wealth with modern polices, not the first that started the race wins grin grin grin Ibadan old city as case study
[/s]igbo cities

A pile of crap in the mud.

A good reason why trump was right when he described it a shit hole grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by omonnakoda: 12:17pm On Feb 13, 2018
To those who don't like it.

Two words

OBJECTION OVERRULED

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Belafonte(m): 12:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Efulefu,
Which of the motor parks in Lagos is your abode?

Zuzuariwa, onye ara

Asinwin, you're still here? From your comments one would assume you're a busy fellow engaged in productive activities. Alas, you obviously get your kicks from being a nuisance on the internet. I'll be back to see how much more stupid you are when I've got some down time.

Ko si lo, omo iran kiran. grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by jaymichael(m): 12:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
Throwback:

Abeg naa show mercy to the refugee clan.
You see, I realized that if you ignore the stupidity of that human flesh eating clan, they will think they know how to talk very well more than every other people. Give them back the taste of their medicine "loju paali" (by the dozens) and enjoy watching them bleat like goats to be slaughtered. Savour watching them scurrying around like headless cockroaches screaming MARGINALIZATION, GENOCIDE, INTIMIDATION, DISCRIMINATION, ETHNIC CLEANSING etc etc. Awon iran were them.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce Published His Book In Texas And Nigerians Came For Him / "It Was By Chance" APC Makes Clarification On Tinubu And Atiku's Meeting / IBB Returns After 3-month Medical Trip To Switzerland - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.