Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 (25961 Views)

PDP kicks, calls for a rerun as INEC declares Buhari winner / PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now / PDP kicks as PLASIEC declares APC winner of Plateau LG polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 12:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
franugo:
sir, igbo is not a compulsory subject to study any course in the tertiary institution in the east, at least not to any course that has no bearing with native language,...correct me if i am wrong, but is lagos state not trying to make yoruba language compulsory for ALL courses in the tertiary institution?
No, Lagos state is NOT trying to make Yoruba language compulsory for all courses in their tertiary institutions, as the courses being offered in those institutions will NOT be taught in Yoruba language. Lagos state is only making a credit pass at SSCE and NECO level, an entry requirement or a criteria for admission, into any tertiary institution owned by the state. Can you spot the difference?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
sekxyqueen:
from minority tribe indeed
Yeah....now why does that fact cause you so much pain? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by omonnakoda: 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
How many people from Lagos State seek admission in the Yeast?

Anyway

OBJECTION OVERRULED

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
franugo:
bros, but promotion from js111 to ss1 is not the same as making it compulsory for admission into higher institution na,,,,,,,that there is a department of igbo language does not make it a compulsory course in tertiary institutions. what lagos is trying to do is make yoruba as important as maths and english for ALL students, even those who know nothing of the language
Go back and read the attachment very well. sad General Studies is a mandatory course at 100 level for all tertiary institutions in Anambra. And Igbo is a compulsory part of that course. There is nowhere in the law enacted by Lagos State House of Assembly, that makes Yoruba as important as English or Mathematics. It only states that a credit pass in the language, is an entry requirement for students who wish to attend any of the 5 higher institutions owned by the state. You are the one trying to put a false spin on it, and mislead people. It is not by force to attend a tertiary institution owned by Lagos state, is it? Go to a federal institution, or attend anyone owned by the 35 other states of the federation. Inugo?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Joshuazedd(m): 12:38pm On Feb 13, 2018
Odingo1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/lagos-pdp-kicks-enforcement-yoruba-language/

in tertiary education too? Only ethnic bigots can support it... Imagine every state following the same line.. Abuja with Hausa
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Niyinficient(m): 12:38pm On Feb 13, 2018
royalamour:

Your manner of approach is whack.

How?
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Throwback: 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2018
jaymichael:
You see, I realized that if you ignore the stupidity of that human flesh eating clan, they will think they know how to talk very well more than every other people. Give them back the taste of their medicine "loju paali" (by the dozens) and enjoy watching them bleat like goats to be slaughtered. Savour watching them scurrying around like headless cockroaches screaming MARGINALIZATION, GENOCIDE, INTIMIDATION, DISCRIMINATION, ETHNIC CLEANSING etc etc. Awon iran were them.

Those guys love marginalization and genocide more than progress.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
jaymichael:
Hey cannibal! you have been noticed. Your people who leave their place which is "heaven" loaded like cargoes in the booth of Ifesinachi buses to come to the land of "people who die of malnutrition" They must love penury and malnutrition so much to make them embark on the journey. A human flesh eating osu that sleeps inside a 2 by 2 kiosk is talking about penury. I am a landlord in this Lagos. I have a spare room in my compound where I keep my domestic animals, I can out of mercy and service to humanity spare you that room. You will only need to bring that carton that you lay on the floor of your 2 by 2. Hopeless FLAT HEAD CANNIBAL.

Landlord under the bridge I guess?
Don't come here to expose your laziness fool, as we all know that every landed properties in elite places in Lagos belong to us #Ndiigbo.
We however, know that you guys live in the GRAs (Government Rejected Areas) in Lagos.
Enjoy your mansion under the bridge, landlord
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2018
Odkosh:
Okay, tell your father to go and change it.
Your coward tribe's men are already doing it, up PDP.
so why worry his father?
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
omonnakoda:
How many people from Lagos State seek admission in the Yeast?

Anyway

OBJECTION OVERRULED
How many people from Yoruba pass jamb?
This could have been a better question
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odingo1: 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

Go back and read the attachment very well. sad General Studies is a mandatory course at 100 level for all tertiary institutions in Anambra. And Igbo is a compulsory part of that course. There is nowhere in the law enacted by Lagos State House of Assembly, that makes Yoruba as important as English or Mathematics. It only states that a credit pass in the language, is an entry requirement for students who wish to attend any of the 5 higher institutions owned by the state. You are the one trying to put a false spin on it, and mislead people. It is not by force to attend a tertiary institution owned by Lagos state, is it?,Go to a federal institution, or attend anyone owned by the 35 other states of the federation. Inugo?

You are the one putting false spin on it
. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

When you make a subject compulsory for admission at Credit level it become equal to courses like English,maths and other additional three courses depending on whether one is doing science,arts or social sciences.

Like example if one want to study Medicine at Lagos State University, for one to gain admission you have to pass the following subject at credit level;

1.English
2.Maths
3.Biology
4.Physics
5.Chemistry
6.Yoruba.

Even if you have A in English,Maths, Biology,Physics ,Chemistry and fail Yoruba language you wont get admission.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by duwdu: 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2018
Gabbysky:

Guy calm down, what's the business with an Igbo man in all these?
Is Taofeek Gani an Igbo man?
Trust me, Ndi-Igbos no send that law, so long you don't bring the madness to Privately owned schools

LOL! See you...the law covers private institutions as well. Only Federal institutions are exempt.

Some folks just relish in beating their chests for nothing on social media, thus garnering more enmity to their type. Hmm.

P34c3

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by resurgentxtian4: 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
Throwback:

Those guys love marginalization and genocide more then progress.

Their matter is tiring jaree.

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by jaymichael(m): 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Landlord under the bridge I guess?
Don't come here to expose your laziness fool, as we all know that every landed properties in elite places in Lagos belong to us #Ndiigbo.
We however, know that you guys live in the GRAs (Government Rejected Areas) in Lagos.
Enjoy your mansion under the bridge, landlord
I thought I was talking to someone sane but since I realized that you are a lunatic fellow with down syndrome, I take back my offer to accommodate you in my Goat pen. Go back to your soak away pit you sleep in. You own Lagos but always rejoice with any negative news about Lagos. Cursed fellow.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2018
Odingo1:
You are the one putting false spin on it. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

When you make a subject compulsory for admission at Credit level it become equal to courses like English,maths and other additional three courses depending on whether one is doing science,arts or social sciences.

Like example if one want to study Medicine at university of Lagos, for one to gain admission you have to pass the following subject at credit level;

1.English
2.Maths
3.Biology
4.Physics
5.Chemistry
6.Yoruba.

Even if you have A in English,Maths, Biology,Physics ,Chemistry and fail Yoruba language you wont get admission.

You just shot yourself in the foot! University of Lagos is NOT owned by Lagos state. shocked It is a federal tertiary institution.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odingo1: 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

You just shot yourself in the foot! University of Lagos is NOT owned by Lagos state. shocked It is a federal tertiary institution.
I am referring to Lagos State University(LASU) not UNILAG, everyone knows that university of lagos (unilag) is own by federal government, you are sounding childish in other to score a point that is irrelevant.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Pigsandidiots: 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Your coward tribe's men are already doing it, up PDP.
so why worry his father?
Like he righrly said, tell your pathetic nonentity coward father to go and change it and stop ranting here.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by LaudableXX: 1:25pm On Feb 13, 2018
Odingo1:
I am referring to Lagos State University(LASU) not UNILAG, everyone knows that university of lagos (unilag) is own by federal government.
Continue....one day, you will make sense! Everyone knows UNILAG is owned by the federal govt, yet you gleefully cited it as a Lagos state institution in your last post?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by King44(m): 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:
Nice one

What nonsense

is Lagos not part of Nigeria again

If they allow this rubbish bill; very soon other states will follow suit

If Yorubas are feeling insecured about Lagos; let them push for referendum so we can all agree they own Lagos. If not for now Lagos belong to every fucking Nigerian and even Fulani and aboki niger - rians grin

This bill is an insult to all other tribes FFS

This is why Nigeria will hardpy progess

Few are patriotic whereas almost everybody is tribalistlc and care only about their tribe.

I have come to realize almost every Yoruba sees Lagos as their one and only birthright ; forgetting that Lagos is collective work of every tribe especially Niger Delta money

Lagos was once the capital of naija
What if gbagi or Hausa do same in Abuja cheesy

See as Yoruba Boyz just they quote me anyhow

Kiss the bloody truth u pained bitch ass demons
so u mean since Lagos is diverse in culture n ethnic, the state main cultural value should be given no regards to or dismantled, besides public schools o not fed or private, something tells me you are s pained sadist

5 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Pigsandidiots: 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

Your entire lineage are ignorant illiterates

Swerve u stinking vermin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Odingo1: 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

Continue....one day, you will make sense! Everyone knows UNILAG is owned by the federal govt, yet you gleefully cited it as a Lagos state institution in your last post?
ok let me change it
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by FKO81(m): 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
Odkosh:
That law really pain una Igbo wella. Infact, may God bless lasg for this. Slave like yoi people will remain slave forever.
I guess you are dumb, you don't understand the meaning of SLAVES, your slaves are the ones living in highbrow areas in Lagos while masters are living in slums grin grin

Igbo man Sir Louis Ojukwu, Nigeria first millionaire was the first to acquire properties in Ikoyi after colonial masters left, Igbo man ABC Ojiakor is first Nigeria to acquire property in Eko Atlantic city, Igbo dominant in Festac, Lekki, Banana Island VGC etc, go to major markets and see how your people are serving Igbos, your Male parking vehicles while females wash toilets and carry load for customers at the end of the day omo Igbo will give money to take care of ignorant ones like you cheesy, I guess you haven't seen latest poverty report, southwest are the mostimpoverish region in south

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by oooduancalmdown: 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

Make it happen in Lagos and see for yourself what the outcome will be like. Dirty coward
Step on our foot and you will live to regret it. We will know who is the coward.
Flat headed monkies

5 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 1:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Step on our foot and you will live to regret it. We will know who is the coward.
Flat headed monkies

See coward, someone came to your so-called land and made you a second hand citizen, and you are still waiting for him to step on your foot.
Brother, we have smashed your foot already, as a matter of fact, we are stepping on your dead skull each day. So do your worse

1 Like

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Like he righrly said, tell your pathetic nonentity coward father to go and change it and stop ranting here.

The law is meant for drunks like you. Let's see how it will be implemented, when we have an igbo legislator in the Lagos house of assembly.

Ndi nzuzu 1 of Africa
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by jaidey1: 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

Your entire lineage are ignorant illiterates

Swerve u stinking vermin
ignorant illiterate. Go back and point out the lies in my post cheesy
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by oooduancalmdown: 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2018
Absuchat:

See coward, someone came to your so-called land and made you a second hand citizen, and you are still waiting for him to step on your foot.
Brother, we have smashed your foot already, as a matter of fact, we are stepping on your dead skull each day. So do your worse
What is second class citizen? An iboe should be last person to call someone that. Even other minority tribes are first considered before people look ibo side. Abi u no know?
Fvcking 5 percenters.
Pathtic losers. And no you have not steped on our foot. Na only internet we dey see una make noise.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Lhawboy(m): 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
I pity most Igbo people here, you don't have anything and in case you wants to know, Ondo and Lagos states are part of oil producing states.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

What is second class citizen? An iboe should be last person to call someone that. Even other minority tribes are first considered before people look ibo side. Abi u no know?
Fvcking 5 percenters.
Pathtic losers. And no you have not steped on our foot. Na only internet we dey see una make noise.

Five percenter living better than 95 percenter, what an irony.

We have been able to attract, if not for any other thing the second Niger bridge project, what is the effect of the slowpoke you have as a vice president to your area?

We are considered after everyone else? I laugh, yet we are the "Japan" of Africa.

We have not stepped on your foot, simply because you don't know where your foot starts.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by Absuchat(m): 2:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
Lhawboy:
I pity most Igbo people here, you don't have anything and in case you wants to know, Ondo and Lagos states are part of oil producing states.

Yes I know, but it's anointing oil they produce.
Keep living in fallacy
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by biggy26: 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:
The PDP guy is a hopeless joker. angry He did not complain when toll gate charges were increased. Now he is wailing about the introduction of Yoruba language, as a criteria for admission into state-owned schools. Why didn't his party PDP make noise when Anambra and Imo passed similar laws, to make Igbo compulsory in primary and secondary schools within their region? Or when Igbo language was incorporated into General Studies courses in state-owned tertiary institutions in Anambra? Yeye man!
Guy, there's no basis for comparison. A Nigerian language has always been compulsory in secondary schools, but doesn't determine ur admission. Secondly, Lagos, is a cosmopolitan state, so u can't compare it with states in d east or other regions. That u pass Yoruba for instance, doesn't mean u can speak d language. What d govt. should do is to encourage parents to teach their wards Yoruba especially Yoruba families. Nigeria issue big pass language abeg.
Re: Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 by bigpicture001: 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:
The PDP guy is a hopeless joker. angry He did not complain when toll gate charges were increased. Now he is wailing about the introduction of Yoruba language, as a criteria for admission into state-owned schools. Why didn't his party PDP make noise when Anambra and Imo passed similar laws, to make Igbo compulsory in primary and secondary schools within their region? Or when Igbo language was incorporated into General Studies courses in state-owned tertiary institutions in Anambra? Yeye man!
..now I know u reason with your leg,hence,u step on it and then become senseless....hv u visited uniben,unical, uniuyo,.unilag etc..did u notice that the general studies in each of these skls, hv a language study according to the tradition of each host state,y then call out Imo nd anambra as dou dey do somtjing difrent..no school in the entire country will deny you admission if you dont have a pass in a language subject..that is what lagos wants to start..so mr, seƱales man, don't confuse ppl here with what is not obtainable else where...foolish triabalized tribe...always hating nd still pointing fingers

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

IBB Returns After 3-month Medical Trip To Switzerland - Vanguard / Boko Haram Attacks Faduma Koloram In Borno, Kills 70 Persons / Nigeria's Largest Onshore Oil Well Discovered In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.