Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. (42250 Views)

I'm Beginning To Doubt My Disbelief On Men Of God. / Flooding Has Been Swallowed Up, Prophet Shola Says After Meeting Governor Douye / I Am Beginning To Doubt The Existence Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by Amirullaha(m): 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
histemple:

But you believed that snake had a discussion with Eve in the bible. So if a snake can talk, it may also be able to swallow money.

In case you are considering the huge amount, N36m is not heavier that a human being that snakes easily swallow.

Please don't quote me. We are having bible study and our pastor just entered.
I laugh in pigin...
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by dudebuck: 9:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
LordAdam16:

From an evolutionary POV, a snake has no reason to eat money in the present day and time. I'm not a numbers guy, but the probability is less than 0.01%. It provides no benefit.

And that's exactly what themonk was talking about. If you don't understand or are incapable of understanding evolution, it would sound unbelievable; and as Niflheim said, you'd make illogical postulations.

The fact that South Americans excel in football, blacks excel in basketball, while whites excel in swimming are current proofs of evolution. The fact that the Indian elephant is stouter than the African elephant is an existential proof of evolution. The prevalence of third molar agenesis is an ongoing evolutionary process. You don't really have to look at fossils to prove evolution. Evolution, like the clock, never stops. If you look well enough, you'd see it. Pennicilin-resistant bacteria evolved.

The average global life expectancy is 71.4 years. The industrial age started 250 years ago. Yet somehow, people expect that evolutionary processes that take at least tens of thousands of years, and on average millions of years, to occur; would be observable everywhere we look in our lifetimes. And that shows a gross misunderstanding of evolution.

I have conceded the fact that the majority of the population is grossly uninformed and improperly educated on most of the vital facets of human interaction.

-Lord
this is the dumbest argument I have ever come across. South Americans being very good in football, whites being good in swimming, blacks being the best in bascket ball LOL, what an argument. So you have forgotten that Africans being good at almost nothing is cultural not genetic, in South America, kids begin to play football at a very early age and are always encouraged by their parents and supplied every kit they can to the kid, it can never be the same thing with somebody that started late as the case is with Africans, the same for other sports discipline. Asian elephants can be smaller than the African elephant elephants because of environment and other factors as predators, Asian elephants cannot survive the presence of lions that hunt in packs, last I checked Lions don't exist in southeast Asia, and tigers don't hunt in packs. na wa for una

1 Like

Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by LordAdam16: 9:50pm On Feb 13, 2018
dudebuck:
this is the dumbest argument I have ever come across. South Americans being very good in football, whites being good in swimming, blacks being the best in bascket ball LOL, what an argument. So you have forgotten that Africans being good at almost nothing is cultural not genetic, in South America, kids begin to play football at a very early age and are always encouraged by their parents and supplied every kit they can to the kid, it can never be the same thing with somebody that started late as the case is with Africans, the same for other sports discipline. Asian elephants can be smaller than the African elephant elephants because of environment and other factors as predators, Asian elephants cannot survive the presence of lions that hunt in packs, last I checked Lions don't exist in southeast Asia, and tigers don't hunt in packs. na wa for una

And in your empty bionut you call a skull, the environment isn't one of the cardinal factors that drive evolutionary processes. IMBEC*LE!

"Environmental change triggers rapid evolution"

University of Leeds study -- https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130409095414.htm

Better find your bearing before you humiliate yourself.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by debolayinka(m): 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
DavidEsq:

He said he is an agnostic. Ur eyes dey pain u ni?
Do you mind showing me where he said it in the post I quoted?
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by hopefulLandlord: 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
debolayinka:
Are you really an atheist?
Yes, also a Pastafarian

1 Like

Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by hopefulLandlord: 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
plessis:
May the flying spaghetti monster touch you with his noodliness and bless you with more sauce. Ramen!!

Same 2 you brother, Ramen
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by hopefulLandlord: 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
jidxin:

bros sharap....must u display ur arrant idiocy here? what is d diff btw u and a mad man..... nothin only dat u havnt start roaming d street

get a hold of your emotions wink
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by debolayinka(m): 10:38pm On Feb 13, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Yes, also a Pastafarian
You actually believe in God, but you're in a state of heart that makes you deny him.
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by hopefulLandlord: 10:40pm On Feb 13, 2018
debolayinka:

You actually believe in God, but you're in a state of heart that makes you deny him.

Yes, I believe in the one true God, FSM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

1 Like

Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by debolayinka(m): 10:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Yes, I believe in the one true God, FSM
How come you then claim atheism? Your one true God still doesn't exist?
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by hopefulLandlord: 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2018
debolayinka:

How come you then claim atheism? Your one true God still doesn't exist?

1 Like

Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by vaxx: 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
in the Name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce, and of the Holy Meatballs. May you see the light soon before is too late....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by hopefulLandlord: 10:54pm On Feb 13, 2018
vaxx:
in the Name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce, and of the Holy Meatballs. May you see the light soon before is too late....

wink cheesy
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by debolayinka(m): 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Of course, I've read about this fsm crap, and you and I know it's just a delusionary idea from a man who would rather be filled with his own ways than submitting to God.
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by hopefulLandlord: 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2018
debolayinka:

Of course, I've read about this fsm crap, and you and I know it's just a delusionary idea from a man who would rather be filled with his own ways than submitting to God.

Lmao! its a parody of gods and religions, don't take it that seriously
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by CoolUsername: 11:05pm On Feb 13, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:
How the snake fit enter jamb office, swallow 36 million and escape?

Jackass in evolution, who created the first things that started evolution?

Big bang needs 2 things to start, matter & energy..

Who created them, who brought them together?

Who created the creator, genius?
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by debolayinka(m): 11:05pm On Feb 13, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Lmao! its a parody of gods and religions, don't take it that seriously
Exactly. It was designed to suit personal lust.
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by correctguy101(m): 11:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:
How the snake fit enter jamb office, swallow 36 million and escape?

Jackass in evolution, who created the first things that started evolution?

Big bang needs 2 things to start, matter & energy..

Who created them, who brought them together?

Nope....

Only energy.

1 Like

Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by correctguy101(m): 11:31pm On Feb 13, 2018
Amirullaha:
Are you telling me to believe a snake swallowed N36M
Op; Wetin do your head

To knock the mumuni head dey hungry you too abi?

I just wan break his coconut head with one warri made knock angry

1 Like

Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by DedeNkem: 12:03am On Feb 14, 2018
LordOfNaira:

If it is possible for rats to devour newspapers, then it is possible for snakes to eat money. Animals are very unpredictable even the ones raised in captivity. Haven't you heard about a tiger who made friends with a goat that was served to him as lunch? There was also the story of a girl who was saved from an attacker by a group of lions who then stayed by her till help came.

Let us consider our close relatives, the gorillas. In a certain zoo, a boy fell into a gorilla enclosure. A mother gorilla pampered the boy and protected from the others until help reached the boy. In another event, a boy fell into the enclosure of gorillas which included the famous Harambe. Unlike the earlier gorilla, Harambe was hostile to the boy and dragged him about.

My point is that animals continue to surprise us daily.

LordOfNaira:

If it is possible for rats to devour newspapers, then it is possible for snakes to eat money. Animals are very unpredictable even the ones raised in captivity. Haven't you heard about a tiger who made friends with a goat that was served to him as lunch? There was also the story of a girl who was saved from an attacker by a group of lions who then stayed by her till help came.

Let us consider our close relatives, the gorillas. In a certain zoo, a boy fell into a gorilla enclosure. A mother gorilla pampered the boy and protected from the others until help reached the boy. In another event, a boy fell into the enclosure of gorillas which included the famous Harambe. Unlike the earlier gorilla, Harambe was hostile to the boy and dragged him about.

My point is that animals continue to surprise us daily.

You're not making a point in regards to the subject matter!

Forget it.
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by DedeNkem: 12:04am On Feb 14, 2018
sandland:

No Nigerian believed the fool that said sneak swallowed money. The woman is under trial up to now.

You see. And some people believed her.
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by Chiedu4Trump: 2:22am On Feb 14, 2018
correctguy101:

Nope....

Only energy.
Energy cannot just exist, who created it
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by Chiedu4Trump: 2:23am On Feb 14, 2018
CoolUsername:

Who created the creator, genius?
God did.

Wished I could say ur genius.
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by hopefulLandlord: 2:51am On Feb 14, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

whatever created energy cannot just exist, who created it?

Do you want to debate cosmology with me?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by Chiedu4Trump: 3:08am On Feb 14, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

whatever created energy cannot just exist, who created it?

They cannot just exist, they were all created by GOD!

hopefulLandlord:

Do you want to debate cosmology with me?
With the help of God, I'll eat you for breakfast
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by hopefulLandlord: 3:35am On Feb 14, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

They cannot just exist, they were all created by GOD!

With the help of God, I'll eat you for breakfast
What created GOD?
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by Chiedu4Trump: 3:41am On Feb 14, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

What created GOD?

God means "Self existing"

He is the beginning of all existence.
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by hopefulLandlord: 4:08am On Feb 14, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

God means "Self existing"

He is the beginning of all existence.

I see, defining something into existence in an attempt to terminate the regress

why not go with energy straight?
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by baldeagle: 4:23am On Feb 14, 2018
themonk:

Lets be honest both the evolution and creation story sound ridiculous and unbelievable at first if you have an open mind.

The christain ridiculous creation story sounds less unbelievable to you becausr you have been probably taught that all your life, the indoctrination started as a kid and you collected the same injection from your parents and sunday school teachers and then using it on yourself till adult. Imagine how ridiculous the yoruba or igbo traditional creation story sounds to you and that is because you weren't brought up with it but our great grand fathers back then believed it and embraced it as truth because they were brought up with it.

The difference between the creation story and the evolution fact is that at first sight the religious stories are more believable due to cultural and environmental factors while the evolution story is less believable. But when you start studying both, one looks outright stupid and the other looks very possible.

Most people who trash evolution have not taken time to study it thats why people like you would still say we evolved from monkeys. Even google knows better than that and you couldn't ask him, I'm so sure you havent even questioned yourself as regards to the creation story talk less of read books that critisize it with an open mind.

Mind you I'm an agnostic. I do not say i know evolution happened but i believe it is feasible based on facts presented and fossils like neanderthals that has further more strengthened the probablity of evolution. But then the creation story is straight up ridiculous.
Seun lalasticlala

Don't start what you can't finish. Evolution facts that are been reduced to nothing everyday. After million of years man has refused to move to the next stage of evolution.
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by Chiedu4Trump: 4:30am On Feb 14, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I see, defining something into existence in an attempt to terminate the regress

why not go with energy straight?

Enegry has no intelligence, God is all knowing and very wise.

The 2 are different.

Attempting to deny intelligent design is a poor attempt to deny the obvious.
Re: Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. by correctguy101(m): 4:43am On Feb 14, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:
We all did undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow N500,000 As Seed (Video) / Photo Of A Ram With 5 Horns - Is It Acceptable For Sallah? / Pastor Walter Masocha Sex Scandal With Married Daughter, Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.