Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom (42360 Views)

Help! Am Having Erection For My Cousin Sis. How Do I Tell Her To Dress Decently / I Am Having Issues With My Brother’s Wife And Her Two Sisters / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Julivas(m): 10:08pm On Feb 13, 2018
If you could do this to your potential mother in- law, a stranger is a no no to you, not to talk of faceless people that need financial assistance on social media like nairaland. Why man? Now do the needful by assisting the family in any way you can whether you want to go ahead and marry the lady or not.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by snowblaq(f): 10:08pm On Feb 13, 2018
Your wickedness and pride is extraordinary.... She said she would pay back.. This is not even dash.... Na wa sha.....

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by olaboy1: 10:09pm On Feb 13, 2018
Letzdothething:
same way she dated him for five years is the same way he dated her for five years.

Helloooo, where are the gender equality warriors when you need them grin

My friend, nobody ever loves a poor guy. Don't be fooled to settle for less to a poor girl for love, she most likely wouldn't love the guy if she had a better choice or if the guy was broke. The probability is high.

Make the best decision not for emotions but the best based on data, experience and assumption.

And when the lady finally becomes successful she suddenly wants someone in her league base on this thread below. You think the likes of Linda Ikeji didn’t get any boy friend support whilst struggling in the university, but now demands are very high.

https://www.nairaland.com/4339785/run-away-successful-lady-above/10#64981063

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Angy55(f): 10:09pm On Feb 13, 2018
luminouz:

Will u please pay my school fees too?
Oponu!!!

Oga oo, the OP is stingy. 5 good years and he is here complaining.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by lieutenantprime(m): 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Eghostwriter(f): 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
I don't even understand men of these days.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by spiritedtete: 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
Fool!! You want to marry, you cant even render help to your inlaw to be... Then who do you want to help in your life...? As she ever ask you before?. So you are even bold in saying your girl has not ask for your assistance before. And you will come out call yourself a man. You better go and learn work and have something to feed family when you grow.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by farouk0403(m): 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
histemple:
What is the point of posting this story/question here after responding to the woman?

I wish you did this before responding to the needy woman.

But then, I am also wondering why your fiancee didn't ask for this favour herself if she is truly in need.

The shameless Man is not asking whether to give her the money or not. He is seeking advice whether to dump the girl just because her mother requested a loan from him.

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by wristbangle: 10:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
ireneony:
Your own don finish for life...
For nairaland guys to say you're stingy and u don't deserve your fiancee know that your village people are using your picture to dance every night.

Lol madam you have not lost one bit of your salvage comment.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by kelvinklein219(m): 10:15pm On Feb 13, 2018
You have been bleeping her daughter for 5 solid years, now time have come to pay your bedding double mind.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Imomeetsondo(m): 10:15pm On Feb 13, 2018
Bro your stinginess na 100%

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Lexusgs430: 10:15pm On Feb 13, 2018
deanxy:
My fiancee and I have been in a relationship for 5 years now. I met her since she was in secondary school. We both love each other and she is very nice, loving and supportive too.

We have talked and started planning on settling down and that should before the end of the year but I am beginning to have a second thought.

The problem is not my fiancee but her mom. The woman is very nice and welcoming but lately, she did something that I am not comfortable with. Last week she sent me a text asking for financial assistance. That her daughter (my fiancee) is yet to pay her house rent at school and that my fiancee younger brother is yet to pay his registration fee. And so she had asked me to loan her some amount before the end of the month when she will remit it. That she considered me a son and that's why she confided in me. I later sent her SMS that I don't have anything.

I was like why would she asked me for loan when her daughter never asked for one naira in our Five years of relationship? So my fear is, should I marry her daughter, wont she trouble me with further demands? Please is there anyway around this? Please what do I do?

Your mother in law asking for financial assistance, is no big deal..... She asked you to loan her and not dash her. Even if she requested you dashed her, it's not too much to ask for.......

Call her back and render the financial assistance, if you are able to....

Once you get married, it is expected (within reason), to assist your in laws....... They raised a beautiful daughter, that's the reason you are willing to associate yourself to their Family......

They did not raise her with stones and water.......

NB : 5 years is too long biko, put a ring on it (send invite, I love to chop party rice).....

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2018
deanxy:
My fiancee and I have been in a relationship for 5 years now. I met her since she was in secondary school. We both love each other and she is very nice, loving and supportive too.

We have talked and started planning on settling down and that should before the end of the year but I am beginning to have a second thought.

The problem is not my fiancee but her mom. The woman is very nice and welcoming but lately, she did something that I am not comfortable with. Last week she sent me a text asking for financial assistance. That her daughter (my fiancee) is yet to pay her house rent at school and that my fiancee younger brother is yet to pay his registration fee. And so she had asked me to loan her some amount before the end of the month when she will remit it. That she considered me a son and that's why she confided in me. I later sent her SMS that I don't have anything.

I was like why would she asked me for loan when her daughter never asked for one naira in our Five years of relationship? So my fear is, should I marry her daughter, wont she trouble me with further demands? Please is there anyway around this? Please what do I do?
StingyKoko you don't deserve that girl

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by millionboi2: 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2018
kmcutez:
Let her go. You don't love her.
i don't understand

U mean love d gal or her mother?
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by pennywys(m): 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
deanxy:

just because the woman ask u for financial help of which u couldn't afford cos u are poor and broken nigga, u wanna quit the relationship with her daughter

Either the woman kill u cos u couldn't afford help

Just in one word u are stupid

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Emanodimo(m): 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
thorpido:
It's not enough to call off the relationship.I think you should ask your fiancee if she currently has financial challenges and in what ways you can help.
You can give the money but be cautious.

Bros, your comment is the best....Every other one is just horrid, appealing to emotion and bias.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by olaboy1: 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Your mother in law asking for financial assistance, is no big deal..... She asked you to loan her and not dash her. Even if she requested you dashed her, it's not too much to ask for.......

Call her back and render the financial assistance, if you are able to....

Once you get married, it is expected (within reason), to assist your in laws....... They raised a beautiful daughter, that's the reason you are willing to associate yourself to their Family......

They did not raise her with stones and water.......

NB : 5 years is too long biko, put a ring on it (send invite, I love to chop party rice).....

We are the ones pushing our young men to crime.

I think we should all stop blaming the government. What da f$$k do you guys mean by in law to be, doesn’t he have his own family problems and on what ground should he bare the full financial responsibility of a girl friend, and later if she picks another guy to settle down with you guys will be the first to say let her marry who she wants forgetting you once refer to her family as “IN LAW TO BE”

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Papoose269(m): 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
My guy you are just stingy. I think you'd be doing your fiancee a big favor by letting her go. I think she even knows how stingy you are that's why she didn't have the guts to ask you for the rent herself. I dey shame for you, no matter how successful you are, you are a broke ass if the person you love cannot enjoy it freely

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by oluplus(m): 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
insigne:
Juve is currently teaching Tottenham a lesson of their lives
for where? Spur na balling team jor. Juve just loss after their 2 lucky goals

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 13, 2018
millionboi2:
i don't understand

U mean love d gal or her mother?

Abeg no make me laugh. This post vex me too much. Lol
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by BedLam: 10:21pm On Feb 13, 2018
sekem:

Let that event happen fess na

You know one thing I hate about people?

People always trying to take advantage of any situation

That's usually how all these nonsense entitlement mentality begins

Wait fess make the guy become your son in law before you start taxing him
This is the first time !Did you read that ? Some people have dignity.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Tunenez(m): 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
Bro it's the first time in 5 years either your fiancee or her family have requested financial assistance and you're already discouraged shocked
Give the woman what she wants if you can afford to, she deserves your generosity and respect for bringing up such a decent girl.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Letzdothething: 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
olaboy1:

And when the lady finally becomes successful she suddenly wants someone in her league base on this thread below. You think the likes of Linda Ikeji didn’t get any boy friend support whilst struggling in the university, but now demands are very high.

https://www.nairaland.com/4339785/run-away-successful-lady-above/10#64981063
that's true.

In life everyone is playing games.

Where I eat lunch at work there's this daughter of the cook, she's an illiterate but quite pretty. those bank security guys around do have fun with her gisting as per same lever na.

Any time me and my guys come around to eat she just shuns them and focus on us shinning teeth like bingo. most times when I notice I shun her too.

Imagine what would be going through the mind of those guys.

That is simply because they are poor nothing spectacular.

No fall scam for this love thing bro. Marry for "love" but secure your financial future.

Enough is enough

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by selfemployed(m): 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
UjuJoan2:
I hate stingy men with a passion, God Forbid!

Shame no even catch you to say no? I just feel so sorry for the girl and her family.

If they were wiser they would flee now that it's still very early.

Tuaaaah!

Is it your money?

They're not even married yet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Obierika(m): 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
Maychang:
May God save us from Stingy boyfriends

He's her boyfriend not her father!!!

He is not obligated to give money to his mother-in-law...

The main reason why corruption has refused to stop in Nigeria is because of pressure from relatives and in-laws

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by pennywys(m): 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2018
I have never seen someone stupid as the OP, wonder if he ever go through the four all of the university or the wall go through him

Very useless

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by linked: 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
Maychang:
May God save us from Stingy boyfriends
May God save men from stingy girlfriends

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by oluplus(m): 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
For 5 years, she never asked you for money. What could have made her to do so now, not minding the shame and ridicule attached. May we wnot see any problem that is beyond us. If you can assist in your little way, pls do. If not, no p. But saying you will dump the lady for this frivolous reason is not the best, except you have other reason to do so.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by millionboi2: 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
kmcutez:

Abeg no make me laugh. This post vex me too much. Lol
seriously,u mean 4turnin d mother down, he doesn't love d gal?
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
Donald3d:
Even if she needed help , why didnt she use style to ask through her daughter ? sad undecided

Nice one.
Oversense shall not kill u
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by givenny(f): 10:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Just passing with my wheelbarrow
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by BigBrother9ja: 10:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
deanxy:

I think you're so silly.
So if the girl never asked, it a crime if the mom ask?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Father Of Two Wanted One More Child, Then Got Triplets (Photo) / Update On Clara Chime. / Woman Delivers Twins, One In August, Another In November (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.