Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom (42386 Views)

Help! Am Having Erection For My Cousin Sis. How Do I Tell Her To Dress Decently / I Am Having Issues With My Brother’s Wife And Her Two Sisters / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by BLESSMME: 10:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
kmcutez:
Let her go. You don't love her.
Op this is your answer

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Adebowale89(m): 10:52pm On Feb 13, 2018
the question I expect you to ask is which mountain can you go, to pray for you to be a blessing to others

for her to come straight to you then it means she has no other alternative

na the lady wey won marry someone like you, I dey pity

you see big deal in things and that alone won't make the lady enjoy the marriage

you think she's comfortable not demanding money from you for that 5yrs, she must have studied you and notice you might insult her in return

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by MichaelBukamzy(m): 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2018
insigne:
Juve is currently teaching Tottenham a lesson of their lives

Tottenham is better than juve
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by tradepunter: 10:54pm On Feb 13, 2018
Guys need to be strategic with women.. Always put it in the back of your mind that you asking her out and her agreeing to be with you is a responsibility you must undertake at different capacity.

A woman should be able to sustain her self also because it will you gauge he potential in growing strong interest in what you passionate about especially in the areas of business.

Lastly some ladies are rushing into marriages because of financial situation. I can testify to this because a lady I know wasn't interested in finding a job because she just wants office job. Rather she was asking for a talk dark handsome guy to come her way and ask her hand in marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 13, 2018
For her to ask you then she’s truly had no one but please apply wisdom it’s not a loan anymore it’s between family if you intend to marry her daughter I know exactly how you feel but sometimes it’s best to do for the love of and give as well but if you do want a pay back specify a date and sign off on it I don’t support you just becoming CBN o Just take as God has given you the grace to assist if you can

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by olaboy1: 10:55pm On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

Did my questions hit too close to home? Is that why you got defensive? shocked Guy, quit thinking like a kid. In a committed relationship that is expected to lead to marriage, which has lasted for 5 years and has stood the test of time, it is meaningless saying things like if you have a 100 naira, give the girl 5 naira. If you had a problem, and she had a 100 naira which she did not need, and you were desperate for 60 naira to solve your pressing problems, how would you feel if she gave you just 5 naira? Especially when you are aware that she has 100 naira in her pocket, that she really doesn't need?

Upgrade your mentality. undecided Stop thinking like a poverty-stricken, myopic person....it doesn't suit you! Shares rise and fall all the time, and can even fall below the original amount you bought them.

His role should not be a sole provider for her and it doesn’t matter how long the relationship has been. They chose to enjoy the companionship together and she is not doing him any favor for dating him.

You are the one that needs to change your mentality. Chances of her dumping him is higher than any good stock crashing.
Once he starts paying her rent and school fees, then no turning back because he has just put himself in a provider role.

Her parents should find close family members to lend money from, not a boy friend.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Ferguson0709: 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2018
insigne:
Juve is currently teaching Tottenham a lesson of their lives

You should have allowed the match to end before you post this ���

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by LaudableXX: 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
sekem:
Actually I'm not against him offering the woman the help

I'm just against him accepting it as his duty

And that's exactly what the woman is stylishly trying to establish by reminding him that he is her son

Don't ever let any woman manipulate you in any way

Women are very manipulative and they will use every tool in their bag of tricks to make you succumb

I thank God I have been able to completely master most if not all their manipulative strategies

Saying that she considers him as a son, is not being manipulative in my view. sad She may just have been trying to find a way to answer an unspoken question she feels he might have within his mind i.e. "Why did she come to me for help?"

This particular woman does not strike me as being manipulative, because not once in 5 years has she manipulated him, according to this story. So why would she suddenly start doing so, now? I agree that some women may be manipulative, but not all women. I have had some female friends and relatives, that came to my rescue without counting the cost one time I needed support, but the minute I got back on my feet and tried to return the favour, they declined. Since then, I have been very careful about tarring all women with the same brush. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by ALAYORMII: 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2018
fatymore:
If for 5yrs you have never given your gf money except she ask for it.. You are the stingy type.. It seems you have or you are pretending to have but you don't give that's why you were approached in that manner. Though you are not financially obligated to the lady but Atleast you should know if she has paid or not ...

He's financially obligated to help not only her but also her immediate family

He's dated her for five fockin years

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by dupzy05: 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2018
Y not help the needy so God can enrich your pocket more, SMH I pity the poor girl for falling in love with this stingy dude *spit on thread *
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by paulibling(m): 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2018
Bros shine your eyes. She is not your wife yet. If she marries another posh guy now you have no claim.
If a man dumps a woman after 5 yrs of dating the women folk will say that men are wicked but if she dumps the idiot the women folk will say is it by force.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by andyanders: 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
This op is stingy. When your mates dey facilitate abroad trips for their Mother-in-law
You're right. In fact, the guy stingy pass federal government of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2018
sekem:

People like you can only only offer sex and nothing else in whatever arrangement you call a relationship

He has been _fucking her but she has not _been fucking him abi?

No wonder you have that horrible sense of entitlement after all you've been rendering your _whoring services to him.

Onye iberibe
I think you were referring to your mama sha undecided ,I don't need a seer to tell me your mother was one and that makes you think everyone else is like her undecided,son of an onye iberibe undecided

That your mama whored around to have you doesn't mean you go around thinking everyone else lives the life she lived, have a little faith in humanity bro. I am not a wh0re like your mama, thanks grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by LaudableXX: 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2018
olaboy1:
His role should not be a sole provider for her and it doesn’t matter how long the relationship has been. They chose to enjoy the companionship together and she is not doing him any favor for dating him.

You are the one that needs to change your mentality. Chances of her dumping him is higher than any good stock crashing.
Once he starts paying her rent and school fees, then no turning back because he has just put himself in a provider role.

Her parents should find close family members to lend money from, not a boy friend.
Did you read the entire story at all?? In what way has he been the sole provider for her? shocked Not once in their 5 years of dating each other, has the girl or her mother asked him for anything! The mother only asked once for him to assist with rent for the girl in school. undecided She did not ask him for feeding money, payment of medical bills, house rent for the entire family or clothes allowance. So what do you mean by sole provider? Is it not obvious to you that within those 5 years, those women have been meeting their needs on their own, through their own source of income?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Lexusgs430: 11:02pm On Feb 13, 2018
olaboy1:

We are the ones pushing our young men to crime.

I think we should all stop blaming the government. What da f$$k do you guys mean by in law to be, doesn’t he have his own family problems and on what ground should he bare the full financial responsibility of a girl friend, and later if she picks another guy to settle down with you guys will be the first to say let her marry who she wants forgetting you once refer to her family as “IN LAW TO BE”

Are you married?
Do you understand the dynamics of dating another man's daughter for a whole 5 years?
If the first port of call for financial assistance, is not from within, due to our very stingy nature. Our societal values are completely broken down.
Would it be appropriate for his mother, to ask his gf?

In my summation, I never blamed the government. I put the blame on his selfish attitude and the way he views his gf.

She has not requested anything for 5 years (according to OP)..... And you think the request is too much? For all we care, his future mother in law might simply be testing him......

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by sekem: 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

Saying that she considers him as a son, is not being manipulative in my view. sad She may just have been trying to find a way to answer an unspoken question she feels he might have in his mind i.e. "Why did she come to me for help?"

This particular woman does not strike me as being manipulative, because not once in 5 years has she manipulated him, according to this story. So why would she suddenly start doing so, now? I agree that some women may be manipulative, but not all women. I have had some female friends and relatives, that came to my rescue without counting the cost one time I needed support, but the minute I got back on my feet and tried to return the favour, they declined. Since then, I have been very careful about tarring all women with the same brush. undecided

See let me tell you the realities of this life

People always have a motive

And most times it's always a selfish motive

Don't ever forget that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Lexusgs430: 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
olaboy1:

We are the ones pushing our young men to crime.

I think we should all stop blaming the government. What da f$$k do you guys mean by in law to be, doesn’t he have his own family problems and on what ground should he bare the full financial responsibility of a girl friend, and later if she picks another guy to settle down with you guys will be the first to say let her marry who she wants forgetting you once refer to her family as “IN LAW TO BE”

Every relationship is a gamble..... We all invest in relationships (financially & otherwise). Some gambles pay off and some don't.......

You date a girl for 5 years and she eventually marries someone else.... Big deal.....

What about the new girlfriend you meet again? Another man might have spent some raw cash on her and her family, for 7 years. He also never got to marry her..... Should he cry blood?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by daclemx: 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2018
deanxy:
My fiancee and I have been in a relationship for 5 years now. I met her since she was in secondary school. We both love each other and she is very nice, loving and supportive too.

We have talked and started planning on settling down and that should before the end of the year but I am beginning to have a second thought.

The problem is not my fiancee but her mom. The woman is very nice and welcoming but lately, she did something that I am not comfortable with. Last week she sent me a text asking for financial assistance. That her daughter (my fiancee) is yet to pay her house rent at school and that my fiancee younger brother is yet to pay his registration fee. And so she had asked me to loan her some amount before the end of the month when she will remit it. That she considered me a son and that's why she confided in me. I later sent her SMS that I don't have anything.

I was like why would she asked me for loan when her daughter never asked for one naira in our Five years of relationship? So my fear is, should I marry her daughter, wont she trouble me with further demands? Please is there anyway around this? Please what do I do?

My guy, you are very lucky she isn't asking you a dime. The mum asked because she needed help. Do you know how difficult it is to beg someone? Okay, let the girl be. Na you go regret the next bus stop wey you go land. You sef go see say she better. Help her if you can.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by ireneony(f): 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2018
wristbangle:

Lol madam you have not lost one bit of your salvage comment.
hi..How are you doing?
Happy Valentine in advance
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by paulibling(m): 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2018
I can tell you that marriage is not by force. If you like spend one million on a woman and she decides to marry another man you have nothing to claim. Women are not treasury bill. No guarantee for money back.

The worst part is when she be gone you will not even have mouth to talk cos truly she did not ask you for money na you and her mama get business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by ngobaby2264: 11:08pm On Feb 13, 2018
UjuJoan2:
I hate stingy men with a passion, God Forbid!

Shame no even catch you to say no? I just feel so sorry for the girl and her family.

If they were wiser they would flee now that it's still very early.

Tuaaaah!
poster is stingy period
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Damscy: 11:08pm On Feb 13, 2018
Don't mind the poster. stingy man!
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Offpoint: 11:09pm On Feb 13, 2018
Dude seriously? I'm a 100% disappointed at you. The woman loves you as an in-law that's why she's even bold enough to request for money from you not using her daughter shows she's matured. You think everyone is lucky enough time have such an in-law today be? there are some that wouldn't even drink water offered by you talk more of money.
it seems you're still below 25.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by LaudableXX: 11:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
sekem:
See let me tell you the realities of this life

People always have a motive

And most times it's always a selfish motive

Don't ever forget that

Guy, it is not everyone that always has a motive. Sometimes, they just need help. Stop viewing all those you meet through your jaded, prejudiced lens. undecided It is like saying every Nigerian is a 419 person. Everybody is different!

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by vickydevoka(m): 11:11pm On Feb 13, 2018
fuckboys:
only a man FOOL gives a woman/girl money and calls it borrowed money. Shey them dey borrow woman money for Nigeria ni? undecided

Let's be honest,, he's never gonna recover that money so it's dash not borrow angry
fuckboy u too get sense. I swear. I go also advice any guy make him no sponsor any girl for school way him never marry unless wain happen to my neighbour go happen to am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by LaudableXX: 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
daclemx:
My guy, you are very lucky she isn't asking you a dime. The mum asked because she needed help. Do you know how difficult it is to beg someone? Okay, let the girl be. Na you go regret the next bus stop wey you go land. You sef go see say she better. Help her if you can.

Savage! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by fuckboys: 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
brainpower:
You date a woman for 5years without her or her mom asking you for nothing, mean while you might have been having sex with her for 5years, they were all good.

As soon as her mom asks you for money for the first time in 5years to pay your "fiancee's rent you decide not to marry again.

You don't deserve that girl. You are one of the reasons women say men are bad. You are a bloody stingy motherf**ker. What's wrong in paying your fiancee's rent?
I'm sorry bruv but, you are a FOOL
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by paulibling(m): 11:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Are you married?
Do you understand the dynamics of dating another man's daughter for a whole 5 years?
If the first port of call for financial assistance, is not from within, due to our very stingy nature. Our societal values are completely broken down.
Would it be appropriate for his mother, to ask his gf?

In my summation, I never blamed the government. I put the blame on his selfish attitude and the way he views his gf.

She has not requested anything for 5 years (according to OP)..... And you think the request is too much? For all we care, his future mother in law might simply be testing him......
The future mother in law go test test come taste one day. Shame go finish me if my mama try that kain nonsense testing.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by khome(f): 11:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
UjuJoan2:
I hate stingy men with a passion, God Forbid!

Shame no even catch you to say no? I just feel so sorry for the girl and her family.

If they were wiser they would flee now that it's still very early.

Tuaaaah!
I swear, i go run without looking back
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Elzends(m): 11:14pm On Feb 13, 2018
1st, you should have told us your financial situation.

A lot of people call you stingy, mind them not.
Never let love and romance keep you away from the rule of lending(never lend an amount you cannot live without). If you are financially buoyant, please lend her, if not, kuku use ya head.

I think you need to have a long discussion with ur girl shaa, it's obvious that ur relationship lacks communication.
Meanwhile I think you are stoopid for thinking of breaking up with her due to this minor issue..

Five years and she's asked of nothing, bros abeg ur girl get sister?
I need that kind babe.

Finally, if you are not spending on her, u need to start no matter how little..
✌️

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Woman Delivers Twins, One In August, Another In November (photos) / See What 12 Year Old Boy Did When He Saw His Mother Twerking / Adorable Photos Of A Nigerian Father Blow Drying His Daughter’s Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.