Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,249 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition (22305 Views)

2019 Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship Test :::Verification of Winners:: / 2nd Edition Of The XFIRE Nairaland Scholarship Quiz-Final Test In Progress / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 2nd Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by xfire: 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2018
Good day all,

The hour has come to announce and reward the deserved winners of the 2nd Edition of the Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship Competition after a very rigorous exercise!

More than 470 students signified interest and registered for the competition. Find below link to registration:

https://www.nairaland.com/4280842/annual-xfire-nairaland-undergraduate-quiz

The first test was conducted on 23rd January, 2018 out of which 67 candidates scaled through to the next stage based on a pass mark of 45%. See link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/4299199/shortlisted-candidates-2018-xfire-nland

A 2nd test was conducted on 27th January 2018 and subsequently a final (3rd) test was conducted on 10th February 2018 to serve as the decider. See link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/4308525/2nd-edition-xfire-nairaland-scholarship

The winners were decided based on highest scores in the 3rd test. Where there are ties, the average score of the 1st and 2nd test was used to rank the candidates.

A total of the top 15 students will be awarded as follows:

Winner – N100,000

1st Runner Up – N45,000

2nd Runner Up – N35,000

4th and 5th best – N10,000 each

6th to 15th best – N1,000 recharge card vouchers / top-up each

I will also like to use this opportunity to thank Mayflowa who contributed N50,000 which led to an upward adjustment of the initial cash prizes (winner – 70k to 100k, 1st Runner Up – 40k to 45k, 2nd Runner Up – 30k to 35k). This also ensures the 6th to 15th placed students go home with N1,000 recharge card each.

Xfire
Sponsor, Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship Competition

Cc Richiez, Odunharry, Mayflowa, Seun, lalasticlala

8 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by xfire: 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2018
The winner of the 2nd Ed of Xfire Nairaland Scholarship - AlphaMaximus

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by xfire: 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2018
The runners up of the Xfire Nairaland Scholarship

2nd - Oceandivee

3rd - flexclusive

4th - dkam

5th - Japhet04

6th - keenness

7th - Ifelove1

8th - president2035

9th - Ayomide002

10th - Whizbrain

11th - Omofairy

12th - omadaa

13th - Iamoriekaose

14th - OriginalKsp

15th - Nltaliban

10 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by olaoluwa3124(m): 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2018
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Ifelove1(m): 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
olaoluwa3124:
Nice
You're still following
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by olaoluwa3124(m): 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2018
Ifelove1:

You're still following
Why not
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Odunharry(m): 7:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
Oops.. Clears throat.

Kudos to Xfire, Richiez, Mayflowa.

To all participants, you really did well. Its not easy going through the process of application, checking your names, First, second and third test.

Everyone is a winner.

Dejt4u I see you

3 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
kissI am happy for them. grin

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by originalKsp(m): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
kiss

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Nltaliban(m): 7:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
xfire:

15th – Nltaliban (65%), UI
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Though, this is far below expectation, it's to all newly admitted 100level students of university of Ibadan, especially those on the aspirants thread. We all can raise our heads above Water.

There's nothing a bloody freshman like me could have done, but I look forward to performing better than this in subsequent editions and being one if the sponsors in future.

Thanks to the organizers and moderators. It's high time Seun osewa started something like this too.. We all built nairaland together, you should have a way of giving back to us..

Thanks once again

Congratulations to all winners and everyone that participated in the test

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Femolacaster(m): 8:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
Weldone Xfire, good gesture there.

3 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by toxicbrain: 8:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
Waiting

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Umartins1(m): 8:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
Following

2 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Nelsizzy(m): 8:07pm On Feb 13, 2018
I was here...

2 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by xfire: 8:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
First of all, I will like to thank the coordinators of the competition, Richiez and Odunharry. They have done wonderfully well organizing this. They also handled all enquiries and feedbacks with outstanding maturity. They have worked tirelessly and their effort is not been driven by pecuniary gains.

From the information at my disposal, I can objectively say this competition was an improvement in terms of standards, fairness and level playing field. The introduction of a 2nd test, a novel initiative of Richiez, is a wonderful idea and has come to stay.

Richiez is a very great intellect. On a lighter mood, when I saw the test questions, I was like ‘thank God this dude does not work in JAMB’. If that dude works in JAMB, students will pray and fast to get 150/400. grin Well done for organizing all the tests. Odunharry is a workhorse, always ready to provide assistance and get things done.

I will also like to recognize dejt4u, a past coordinator who provided support from time to time wink

Of course, there were a number of areas for improvement. That will be worked on going forward.

I hope we will do this again next year. Wouldn’t have wished for better coordinators. God will make us all bigger.

A big round of applause for the coordinators!!

[img]https:///media/3-15-2014/rQHvi1.gif[/img]

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Odunharry(m): 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
xfire:
First of all, I will like to thank the coordinators of the competition, Richiez and Odunharry. They have done wonderfully well organizing this. They also handled all enquiries and feedbacks with outstanding maturity. They have worked tirelessly and their effort is not been driven by pecuniary gains.

From the information at my disposal, I can objectively say this competition was an improvement in terms of standards, fairness and level playing field. The introduction of a 2nd test, a novel initiative of Richiez, is a wonderful idea and has come to stay.

Richiez is a very great intellect. On a lighter mood, when I saw the test questions, I was like ‘thank God this dude does not work in JAMB’. If that dude works in JAMB, students will pray and fast to get 150/400. grin Well done for organizing all the tests. Odunharry is a workhorse, always ready to provide assistance and get things done.

I will also like to recognize dejt4u, a past coordinator who provided support from time to time wink

Of course, there were a number of areas for improvement. That will be worked on going forward.

I hope we will do this again next year. Wouldn’t have wished for better coordinators. God will make us all bigger.

e dide ke patewo fun wa

9 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by xfire: 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
Now to all participants….

I will like to thank you all for your patience and endurance. I must confess, this edition was much more rigorous than the previous one. I sincerely believe every participant is a winner irrespective of whether we emerge as one of the top 15 participants or not.

The questions were tougher, the selection criteria were stiffer, verification process was much more intense and additional checks were put in place to ensure fairness. To have passed through all these, you are a winner, no doubt.

The essence of this scholarship is to promote academic excellence and competitiveness. We are committed to contributing our own little quota to improving the educational standard in Nigeria. To that end, we have the moral right to ensure fairness and a level playing field for all the participants as much as we can, within the limits of online assessment which is not physically supervised. That was what led to the conduct of a 3rd (final) test to decide the winners.

Lemme say categorically that there will be no need to conduct a 3rd stage test in subsequent editions as we will improve on this edition. However, the conduct of a 2nd stage test, a great idea from the coordinators, has come to stay.

All your feedbacks (both positive and negative) are well received. We used a better test platform this year resulting in significant reduction in number of candidates having issues accessing the platform compared to the last edition. I honestly empathize with the few who had connection issues. However, the onus lies on the candidates to ensure they use good gadgets and stay in locations where internet availability is strong.

Irrespective of the test method, only 15 candidates can emerge top and only 1 can emerge overall winner. So I implore all candidates to take the result in the spirit of sportsmanship. smiley

A STANDING OVATION FOR ALL THE PARTICIPANTS!!!!!

[img]https:///media/9-16-2015/klR7bx.gif[/img]

14 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Bussyfamm(m): 8:29pm On Feb 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by sunbbo(m): 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
Nice one.
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by dejt4u(m): 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
Odunharry:
Oops.. Clears throat.

Kudos to Xfire, Richiez, Mayflowa.

To all participants, you really did well. Its not easy going through the process of application, checking your names, First, second and third test.

Everyone is a winner.

Dejt4u I see you
weldone my ogas. you've done a great job here I must admit. thank you oga xfire, we want others to emulate your philanthropic nature. may God bless you abundantly. congrats to the winners. All of you here are winners, it is just that the first 15 will be awarded prizes.

3 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by dejt4u(m): 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
xfire:

thank you boss. you are indeed a role model. please keep it up sir

2 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by ifyalways(f): 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2018
Nice one.

You will never see "my school fees remain 40,000 ngn" crew participating in such activities to earn their keep, largely because most of them are Scammers and anything but students.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by ijustdey: 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
waiting to see the winners.

1 Like

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by toxicbrain: 8:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
I hope you guys posts their scores as well.....
We deserve to know the scores that beat us

4 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
Nice Initiative. smiley May God bless the organizers
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by lordsharks(m): 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
Nice initiative Naira land
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by zicoraads: 8:37pm On Feb 13, 2018
ifyalways:
Nice one.

You will never seel "my school fees remain 40,000 ngn" crew participating on such activities to earn their keep, largely because most of them are Scammers and anything but students.
My school fees remain 10K embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by xfire: 8:38pm On Feb 13, 2018
Now to the main activity….announcement of winners. It is gonna be a countdown

I will start with the 6th to 15th placed winners, followed by the 4th and 5th best winners. And then 3rd, 2nd……..and finally the overall winner!!!!

Please note that I insisted that the initial criteria for selection set by the coordinators be adhered to (must have registered before June 2017 and must have posted a minimum of 6 times prior to 11th January 2018 when the the quiz was announced ). 2 candidates who initially made the top 15 cut were disqualified on my request to stick to the initial criteria. They shouldn't have been selected in the first place. Hopefully, we will improve on quality of our initial screening / shortlisting of candidates in subsequent editions.

In addition, one candidate was disqualified on account of dual identity (different persons using the same moniker), while another was disqualified because evidence shows he has more or less graduated.

2 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by ifyalways(f): 8:39pm On Feb 13, 2018
zicoraads:

My school fees remain 10K embarassed
Essay : describe Ifyalways in ten thousand words and earn it. Timeline to present your essay : one hour.

tongue

3 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by SirLakes: 8:39pm On Feb 13, 2018
ifyalways:
Nice one.

You will never seel "my school fees remain 40,000 ngn" crew participating on such activities to earn their keep, largely because most of them are Scammers and anything but students.
Hahaha, my rent remain 10k ooooo, help a bro grin

2 Likes

Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Nelsizzy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 13, 2018
toxicbrain:
I hope you guys posts their scores as well.....
We deserve to know the scores that beat us
I know u will make top 3.
Re: Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition by Odunharry(m): 8:40pm On Feb 13, 2018
Xfire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) / DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit / Police Arrest Osun School Proprietor For Circulating Fake Reopening Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.