Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,671 members, 7,801,936 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? (7106 Views)

Bride In Tears As Husband Cancels Wedding A Day To The Wedding / Identical Twin Sisters Get Married On Same Day To Men From Same State / 2 Sisters Get Married On The Same Day To Honor Their Mother (Wedding Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by biacan(f): 9:11am On Feb 14, 2018
MhizAJ:
No-one to celebrate val with
Seriously single
sis where have you been
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:12am On Feb 14, 2018
biacan:
What undecided so my boyfriend can't profess his love for me in peace again cool
Do you have a boyfriend?
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by Coitus: 9:16am On Feb 14, 2018
grin
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by 007author(m): 9:19am On Feb 14, 2018
A day to fvck without condom
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by biacan(f): 9:19am On Feb 14, 2018
Oluwasaeon:

Do you have a boyfriend?
Why are you asking or do you want to shoot your shot cool

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by MhizAJ(f): 9:21am On Feb 14, 2018
biacan:
sis where have you been

grin grin
Them ban me oo
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by MhizAJ(f): 9:21am On Feb 14, 2018
Oluwasaeon:

Check your e-mail

Okay
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by biacan(f): 9:25am On Feb 14, 2018
MhizAJ:

grin grin Them ban me oo
A whole you shocked
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by MhizAJ(f): 9:33am On Feb 14, 2018
biacan:
A whole you shocked

No day whine me jhur grin
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:42am On Feb 14, 2018
biacan:
Why are you asking or do you want to shot your short cool
I'll definitely score if I shoot my shot
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by biacan(f): 9:43am On Feb 14, 2018
Oluwasaeon:
I'll definitely score if I shoot my shot
Keep dreaming cool
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:44am On Feb 14, 2018
biacan:
Keep dreaming cool
angry
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by biacan(f): 9:48am On Feb 14, 2018
MhizAJ:

No day whine me jhur grin
Whine you ke undecided even the owner of this forum they respect you cool
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by biacan(f): 9:49am On Feb 14, 2018
Oluwasaeon:

angry
Don't take it personal cool
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by MhizAJ(f): 9:49am On Feb 14, 2018
biacan:
Whine you ke undecided even the owner of this forum they respect you cool

Biacan you no well cheesy
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by biacan(f): 9:52am On Feb 14, 2018
MhizAJ:

Biacan you no well cheesy
No mind me jare as far madam expensive wey you be grin
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by MhizAJ(f): 9:57am On Feb 14, 2018
biacan:
No mind me jare as far madam expensive wey you be grin

cheesy grin
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by dstar01(m): 10:29am On Feb 14, 2018
SFSNIPER:
What do you understand by Valentine?

Happy Valentine's day.

valentine day is a day to show love to OTHER PEOPLE because you show love to your partner and family everyday. This particular day is for others around you
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by ponti93(m): 10:41am On Feb 14, 2018
A day like any other day in the 365 days that make up a year... If u are waiting for feb14 to show love to pple... Or ur gf or the less privileged... Then you are yet to understand what it means to love... Anyways champions league loading... grin
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by gcof(m): 11:02am On Feb 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:
A day for couples to show off & rub their "happiness"/togetherness on single people's faces.

Put the pressure on & squeeze us, we're your pimples.
The pressure is too much. What are we singles supposed to do

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:06am On Feb 14, 2018
gcof:
The pressure is too much. What are we singles supposed to do

Go on a march tongue Valentine's day is abusive. It is wrong. It's cruelty.

Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by hippieguy(m): 11:09am On Feb 14, 2018
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by gcof(m): 11:13am On Feb 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Go on a march tongue Valentine's day is abusive. It is wrong. It's cruelty.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by bubueden: 1:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
Valentine’s Day or the feast of Saint Valentine for this year comes up on February 14, 2018, the same day with Ash Wednesday. Because of the sacredness and significance of the Ash Wednesday, however, this year’s Valentine for Catholics who wished to mark it, was marked days ahead of the Ash Wednesday.

St. Valentine’s Day began as a liturgical celebration of one or more early Christian saints named Valentinus. A popular hagiographical account of Saint Valentine of Rome states that he was imprisoned and tortured for performing marriage ceremonies against command of Emperor Claudius the second. There are legends surrounding Valentine’s actions while in prison. Valentine day One of the men who was to judge him in line with the Roman law at the time was a man called Asterius, whose daughter was blind. He was supposed to have prayed with and healed the young girl with such astonishing effect that Asterius himself became Christian as a result. In the year 269 AD, Valentine was sentenced to a three part execution of a beating, stoning, and finally decapitation all because of his stand for Christian marriage. The story goes that the last words he wrote were in a note to Asterius’ daughter. He inspired today’s romantic missives by signing it, “from your Valentine” for performing weddings for soldiers who were forbidden to marry and for ministering to Christians who were persecuted under the Roman Empire. Valentine has come to be known as the patron saint of lovers In the secular world, Valentine day is associated with romantic love. In the 18th century England, it evolved into an occasion in which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering, confectionary and sending greeting cards. These days, unfortunately, valentine day has been turned to a mone-making celebration with those in the entertainment and sundry businesses smiling all the way to the bank. The true essence of Valentine Day is true love. It is supposed to be a day when lovers, married couples, reaffirm their love and genuine affection for one another. It is not only for married couples; singles also partake in the celebration by spreading what is called agape love. Valentine day should teach us about sacrifice. It is about nurturing our families and promoting the spirit of giving, sharing and sacrificing. Like the first Valentine did by laying down his life so that couples may be united, and as Christ did by laying down his life for us to gain salvation, we must be ready to make meaningful sacrifices in life. This also applies to marriage. Couples must be ready to make the necessary sacrifices for their marriage to work and this comes with lots of responsibilities. It comes with lots of up and down. It is not easy to maintain your commitment and your vows in marriage. But most importantly, Valentine celebration should bring us closer to the source of true love, Jesus Christ. The Church frowns at a situation whereby secularism appears to trivialize such a very important event that should be a source of great joy to humanity. We believe strongly that a world devoid of true love would be an empty world. We need genuine love all over the world to heal the broken heart and to melt the heart of stones so that lasting peace may permeate the whole of humanity.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by superlanny(m): 1:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
Bleep and be bleeped!!! Simple as ABC
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
I understand Valentine's Day, to be a day that we use to remembering someone that has done very very great in Nigerians. That's why we need to be in participating in Valentine's Day. That this year that we be now is a year's of Valentine's Day. So women and shildren and everyone are enjoying Valentine's Day. This time around there will be no school data, all the school will vacate. They will give like 2 or 3 days holiday. Valentine is a goods program.
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by Manofvalor1: 11:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
ashewo day.day for fornication
Re: What Do You Understand Valentine's Day To Be? by Chydobe: 12:52am On Feb 14, 2022
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY MESSAGES TO WIFE / HAPPY VALENTINES DAY MESSAGE TO HUSBAND / ROMANTIC VALENTINE'S MESSAGE TO BOYFRIEND / CUTE VALENTINE MESSAGES FOR GIRLFRIEND

Love is such a tiny yet, powerful thing with lots of feelings attached to it. It makes our world beautiful and enjoyable. Valentine’s day is a special day dedicated to express this feelings to loved ones.

Celebrating and sending your loved one a happy valentines day message might seem outdated with the invention of gifts but, nothing is more romantic than sending your loved one a sweet love message.

Click on link below for different romantic Valentine's day messages to send to your partner expressing your feeling to him/her.

https://www.scholarworldwide.com/happy-valentines-day-messages-to-loved-one-romantic-val-messages/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies And Gentlemen!!! What Your Say On This? Pics / The Boob Movement Founder Strips Completely Unclad To Promote Her Vlog / Sex During Period, Yay Or Nay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.