Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

5 Advice For People Who Go About Valentine The Wrong Way - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Advice For People Who Go About Valentine The Wrong Way (745 Views)

Valentine Palaver: ST. Valentine, The Benefactor of love.... / My Fiancee Is Not Even Talking About Valentine / Valentine: The Fluffy Advantages Of Being Single This February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Advice For People Who Go About Valentine The Wrong Way by ireneony(f): 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
Happy Valentine's day everyone. Many people go about Valentine's day the wrong way, which is not supposed to be so. Here are my advice for people having ill mind about today.

1. Sex is expected on Valentine: The amount of sex today will be uncountable grin grin. Love is not all about sex. Many people see Valentine day as a day to have unprotected sex despite warnings from the health sectors to protect themselves against stds and unplanned pregnancy. Don't risk your health because of 5 minutes of sex. Think with your mind not body.

2. Everyday is a special day: No particular day is more special than others. When you truly love someone you should always make him/her special everyday. I prefer a man that will treat me right everyday rather than picking a day to appreciate me. Treating your partner like a rag everyday, and you think treating them special today automatically mean you you're Romeo and Juliet. Treat your partner special everyday not just today.

3. Borrowing money: If you don't have money to buy your partner gift, please don't kill yourself. Some people will do anything just to fit in. A genuine person will buy you gift when they have the money not just because of Valentine. Ladies if your boyfriend can't buy you gift today or take you to a nice restaurant try and reason with him.

4. Red colours: The colour red has been overplayed over the years. The same Nigerians that don't celebrate independent day will be the first to decorate themselves with the colour red. My people go for other colours not just red, remember love is of the heart not what we put on.

5. Desperate: Before today, guys and girls that are single will look for all means to find a date so that they will not be left out. This is the time single youths will go through their contact on their so they can find someone to pair with. They feel pressured to find a date because they don't want to be lonely. Let me ask you, after satisfying yourself today will you still continue to see each other? So why the need to look for a Val when after everything, you'll go back to your old self.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Advice For People Who Go About Valentine The Wrong Way by FluidQueen(f): 1:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
Dude, this everyday is a special day brouhaha is getting really cliche. If that's the real case, Christmas shouldn't be celebrated too. Mother's day. Fathers day. worker's day. I mean, by your logic, celebrating mother's day is inconsequential because well, mothers should be celebrated everyday.

IMO, it's really not a Crime for people to celebrate Val's day. Doesn't hurt to atleast make the day more special. Yes, every day is special. But look at Valentine's day as putting more efforts in making Whoever you got in mind feel more special.

1 Like

Re: 5 Advice For People Who Go About Valentine The Wrong Way by ireneony(f): 1:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
FluidQueen:
Dude, this everyday is a special day brouhaha is getting really cliche. If that's the real case, Christmas shouldn't be celebrated too. Mother's day. Fathers day. worker's day. I mean, by your logic, celebrating mother's day is inconsequential because well, mothers should be celebrated everyday.

IMO, it's really not a Crime for people to celebrate Val's day. Doesn't hurt to atleast make the day more special. Yes, every day is special. But look at Valentine's day as putting more efforts in making Whoever you got in mind feel more special.
I'm not against Valentine. I wished everyone happy Valentine in the beginning of my thread. Moral of the story is Valentine is not a do or die. People shouldn't be pressure to do something against their will just because they want to fit in. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 5 Advice For People Who Go About Valentine The Wrong Way by FluidQueen(f): 1:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
ireneony:
I'm not against Valentine. I wished everyone happy Valentine in the beginning of my thread. Moral of the story is Valentine is not a do or die. People shouldn't be pressure to do something against their will just because they want to fit in. smiley
Who are these people feeling pressured?
Re: 5 Advice For People Who Go About Valentine The Wrong Way by coolestofall(m): 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
Both yall made salient points. Val is a special day 4 letting dat special person(s) knw dat u love dem n spending extra quality time with them. Like everyother special day, what matter is d intention but not d gift. Only whimps will feel pressured 2 inconvenient themselves 4 others, cos val starts with u showing love 2 urself first.

(1) (Reply)

My Best Teacher (episode Two) / Men, What's The Scariest Statement From Your Woman? / Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland Will Get Cash Prize From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.