Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Please Advice A Brother On Which Career Path To Follow - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Advice A Brother On Which Career Path To Follow (697 Views)

80k Job In Sokoto Or Relocate To Abuja To Hustle Please Advice. / Please Advice Me On These Two Jobs / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice A Brother On Which Career Path To Follow by marshborn(m): 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2018
Good day nairalanders....i am currently at a crossroad...i currently work at Zenith bank as a contract staff earning about 75k a month. The contract runs for 2 years and would be renewed when it ends...Zenith bank normally takes about 4 years to confirm one as a staff these days, well that being said I just secured a job as a writer in one of the major advertising firms in nigeria, the pay is about twice what I currently earn.

The problem is that I see Zenith bank as a more stable organisation compared to the advertising firm.
Meaning it might take a while but I could actually build a career with Zenith.
What do you guys think? Should I take the offer

*I am about 28 years old
Re: Please Advice A Brother On Which Career Path To Follow by Virginkpekus(f): 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
The choice is yours...it's your life after all....which do you enjoy doing the most?
Re: Please Advice A Brother On Which Career Path To Follow by chigosman: 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
career wise ...stick with Zenithbank ..can't you do the writing job as partime job for the organisation?

meanwhile how does one apply for contract work with Zenith?

1 Like

Re: Please Advice A Brother On Which Career Path To Follow by marshborn(m): 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
chigosman:
career wise ...stick with Zenithbank ..can't you do the writing job as partime job for the organisation?

meanwhile how does one apply for contract work with Zenith?

It's mostly through referral.....the writing job is a full time job not part time....and Zenith are offering 75k for 4 years before confirmation.
Re: Please Advice A Brother On Which Career Path To Follow by Longman6(m): 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2018
marshborn:
Good day nairalanders....i am currently at a crossroad...i currently work at Zenith bank as a contract staff earning about 75k a month. The contract runs for 2 years and would be renewed when it ends...Zenith bank normally takes about 4 years to confirm one as a staff these days, well that being said I just secured a job as a writer in one of the major advertising firms in nigeria, the pay is about twice what I currently earn.

The problem is that I see Zenith bank as a more stable organisation compared to the advertising firm.
Meaning it might take a while but I could actually build a career with Zenith.
What do you guys think? Should I take the offer

*I am about 28 years old

Whats your job decription in Zenit Bank? i doubt it is something as prestigious as Treasury, guy, Zenith bank would employ GT's and you would feel bad,while wait 4years to be a permanent staff,?except its your passion,(start writing ICAN,ACCA or all), if not move bro. Content production is bae if you can be committed to it, Few people know how to write, just learn the ruduments of advertising well, creative writing, and client relations...you are good. Kindly move except you think this contract just is buying you time to make your next big move

1 Like

Re: Please Advice A Brother On Which Career Path To Follow by marshborn(m): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
Longman6:

Whats your job decription in Zenit Bank? i doubt it is something as prestigious as Treasury, guy, Zenith bank would employ GT's and you would feel bad,while wait 4years to be a permanent staff,?except its your passion,(start writing ICAN,ACCA or all), if not move bro. Content production is bae if you can be committed to it, Few people know how to write, just learn the ruduments of advertising well, creative writing, and client relations...you are good. Kindly move except you think this contract just is buying you time to make your next big move

Thanks bro...i think I would take my chances with the advertising firm.
Re: Please Advice A Brother On Which Career Path To Follow by chigosman: 6:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
marshborn:

It's mostly through referral.....the writing job is a full time job not part time....and Zenith are offering 75k for 4 years before confirmation.
so u mean zenith contract is by referral?...please can u explain further

(1) (Reply)

In Desperate Need Of A Job / Comart Invite For Finance Assessment Test / Jobs At JOAKS Nig Ltd.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.