Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

My Suggestions For Corrections To NL - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Suggestions For Corrections To NL (915 Views)

72hrs NIN Change Of Date Of Birth And Name Corrections. / New To NL / How To Pay For Corrections On Your NIN Slip Using REMITA 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by FeelDeMusic: 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2018
Hey y'all,

I'm just putting up here my suggestions that I think would be very benifitial to NL and how it opperates.

1. Allow an alternative private-messaging service other than email so that privacy can be kept between members.

2. Allow the Nairaland app to be available on the iOS platform.

3. Allow NL to email notifications each time a new post is added to a topic so that one will not have to constantly come back to NL to check.

4. Allow more graphics/images/emoticons to put in posts.

5. Allow time zones to be set if one does not live in Nigeria.

6. Have likes or shares on posts be seen with the name of whoever liked or shared below them so you know who liked or shared.

7. Be able to sort new, recent, and trending topics by section so that one can find posts from a preferred section.

8. Allow Nairaland to have an advanced search feature, so you can sort by topic, mention, user, image, video, etc etc.

9. Allow members to PM each other in groups--so for instance, allow one member to message two or more members in a private group.

10. As Vaxx mentioned, allow video conferencing as an option for registered members, as part of the general PMing feature. Any member can call and talk to another, however this has to be done privately of course. Group calls can also be made between two or more members.

11. Allow threads to be searched by different criteria or keywords.

12. Allow people to search a spicific users' posts/sort their posts by section, for instance only see the posts/topics found in the religion or celebrities section.

Well, that's all I've got. Yes it's long but I really enjoy giving feedback to web sites like this, I'd like to maybe have a little side career as a site designer/operator in the future.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 14, 2018
Seconded
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by FeelDeMusic: 8:30pm On Feb 14, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
Seconded
Awesome! Glad you agree! This site needs some reworking... even the names of the links at the top (fg, fs, ft, sh)... wetin be dem?
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

Awesome! Glad you agree! This site needs some reworking... even the names of the links at the top (fg, fs, ft, sh)... wetin be dem?

grin grin grin
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by FeelDeMusic: 8:35pm On Feb 14, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:

grin grin grin
grin cheesy smiley grin
CC: Seun
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
Original Poster, may God bless you through his son Jesus Christ. Amen!

I don't think the programmers have found a way to do what you are suggesting save number 4 'cause of the way I think NL is programmed and structured else they would have done it.

Or maybe they just don't want to do it.
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by FeelDeMusic: 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
wilsonreuben:
Original Poster, may God bless you through his son Jesus Christ. Amen!

I don't think the programmers have found a way to do what you are suggesting save number 4 'cause of the way I think NL is programmed and structured else they would have done it.

Or maybe they just don't want to do it.

Awwwwww..... thank you so much wilsonreuben, I really love technology, both software and hardware, tech fascinates me and being in North America gives me a huge advantage to be able to get the latest tech and go on many web sites and see how they work for me. I'm blind too but that also means I have a whole host of technology just for me!!! My teacher also has taught me a lot when it comes to web designing and things... God bless her too.....

1 Like

Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

Awwwwww..... thank you so much wilsonreuben, I really love technology, both software and hardware, tech fascinates me and being in North America gives me a huge advantage to be able to get the latest tech and go on many web sites and see how they work for me. I'm blind too but that also means I have a whole host of technology just for me!!! My teacher also has taught me a lot when it comes to web designing and things... God bless her too.....

Lovely
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by FeelDeMusic: 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
wilsonreuben:

Lovely
It truly is.
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by vaxx: 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
interesting...... i will also request for video blogging in the future
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by FeelDeMusic: 8:06pm On Feb 15, 2018
vaxx:
interesting...... i will also request for video blogging in the future
So you want this to sort of be like a video-sharing web site? Like Youtube?
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by vaxx: 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

So you want this to sort of be like a video-sharing web site? Like Youtube?
that is a nice idea also. But what I actually mean is where we can socialize on the web cam.... where we can really see each other..... It can be private that will support video conference among monickers that care for each other
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by FeelDeMusic: 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
vaxx:
that is a nice idea also. But what I actually mean is where we can socialize on the web cam.... We where can really see each other..... It can be private that will support video conference among monickers that care for each other
Oh, I see. Well that's pretty cool, I like that idea! Especially if it's only amungst people who you trust.
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by vaxx: 10:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

Oh, I see. Well that's pretty cool, I like that idea! Especially if it's only amungst people who you trust.
yes, it will not be just anyhow.... It will be an approval from both side
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by FeelDeMusic: 11:09pm On Feb 15, 2018
vaxx:
yes, it will not be just anyhow.... It will be an approval from both side
That's good.
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by FeelDeMusic: 9:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
Please Seun........
Re: My Suggestions For Corrections To NL by Seun(m): 1:43am On Mar 17, 2018
I really appreciate these suggestions. We will look into each and every one of them.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1)

Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World (photos) / Chipanzee Attempt To Expose An Instagram Slay Queens Boobs / Home Of POWER-BANKS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.