Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,942 members, 7,799,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. (20457 Views)

Abdul Kamal Asks Court To Compel BBC To Pay Him ₦120M As Damage / Facebook Officially Launches Licensed Music Videos In Threat To Youtube / BBC News IGBO Officially Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by reuben79: 8:54am On Feb 15, 2018
bounty007:
BBC hausa..don dey Yan opata since 1900..

Don't understand why this people like measuring and competing..and for every jealous completion Dem dey lose out..

Who wan listen to BBC Yoruba.. afons anyways..

Make una congratulations..before afons go kee person.

Imagine one ode shout best language ever?. Atimes this ihumans fit clown for Africa. grin.....

Funny humans ..
Another achievement..like African magic grin ..

.....if u like kill ureself with bad belle naaa u sabi.....waitin concern me

7 Likes

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:55am On Feb 15, 2018
Africans can be funny, we are all here celebrating the fact that oyinbo man has decided to start reporting HIS dubious propaganda news in our african languages after destroying our society and making their own foreign language the dominant language in africa while forcing our mother tongue to play second fiddle to the foreign language they forced on us. When would Africans be proud of themselves, why celebrate the criminal Europeans who robbed Africa naked and are still robbing us of our resources? Most of us here are proud that oyinbo man after centuries of debasing us has finally decided to report HIS PROPAGANDA NEWS to us in our language. Na wa o. Indeed, Common sense is not common

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by kramer: 8:55am On Feb 15, 2018
Jarus:
Most Yoruba that are literate enough to read and internet savvy enough to use internet find it easier to read English tha Yoruba

You read my mind completely, of what God is this service? I'd certainly like to know the stats.

On another note, I expect that this language project isn't being funded by the British taxpayers? Because it is news like this that causes UK dailymail readers to start convulsing.
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by reuben79: 8:57am On Feb 15, 2018
Guestlander:

Whey BBC Igbo
lol how many people dey speak igbos?
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by pazienza(m): 8:59am On Feb 15, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

that's not displaying anything.

Check

https://www.bbc.com/yoruba

You need to throw away your phone.
The BBC Igbo page is displaying and fully functional.

3 Likes

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by samuelobazu(m): 8:59am On Feb 15, 2018
headhunter1:
[s][/s] yeroba Muslims are the problem of the world and the good people of yerobas they're not real yerobas
take am easy
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 15, 2018
Cool.nice one
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by jesicajonna(m): 9:02am On Feb 15, 2018
Wow � that's cool

1 Like

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Moorish: 9:02am On Feb 15, 2018
Mrchippychappy:
Africans can be funny, we are all here celebrating the fact that oyinbo man has decided to start reporting HIS dubious propaganda news in our african languages after destroying our society and making their own foreign language the dominant language in africa while forcing our mother tongue to play second fiddle to the foreign language they forced on us. When would Africans be proud of themselves, why celebrate the criminal Europeans who robbed Africa naked and are still robbing us of our resources? Most of us here are proud that oyinbo man after centuries of debasing us has finally decided to report HIS PROPAGANDA NEWS to us in our language. Na wa o. Indeed, Common sense is not common

Some good points

But I’m sure your life revolves around western things too

Which one should we drop first? The white man tongue or his technology?

1 Like

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Nonaira1: 9:02am On Feb 15, 2018
wahles:

My friend, come, sit! Celebrate dz significant piece with us. You can wail later

What's significant piece about a news in an African language?

An act they do for other nationalities as well as other Africans. Hell igbo got that "significant piece" the same time as una yet do you see any igbo jumping up and down like a hyiena about it? Do you see any hausa jumping up and down about that "significant piece" they've been had? Do you see any somalian, Oromo Ethiopian or even Swahilian speakers, etc jumping up and down for having the same "significant piece".
You people need to work on una self esteem? It is obviously severally low.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by zicoraads: 9:03am On Feb 15, 2018
They've turned the thread into a battleground. SMH.
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by pazienza(m): 9:03am On Feb 15, 2018

2 Likes

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by perdollar(m): 9:04am On Feb 15, 2018
ds language wey dey give person jelijeli
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by BuhariKingdom(m): 9:06am On Feb 15, 2018
The best language in Africa. Great one.

6 Likes

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by iambijo(m): 9:08am On Feb 15, 2018
Alariiwo:
Excellent!!

Yoruba language will one day be the lingua franca of Africa. Even Whites pay big to learn my beloved language.

God bless all Omoluabis worldwide. Amin!
sharrap my friend yoruba language don't have that strength to dominate Africa

1 Like

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Throwback: 9:08am On Feb 15, 2018
Nonaira1:

What's significant piece about a news in an African language?

An act they do for other nationalities as well as other Africans. Hell igbo got that "significant piece" the same time as una yet do you see any igbo jumping up and down like a hyiena about it? Do you see any hausa jumping up and down about that "significant piece" they've been had? Do you see any somalian, Oromo Ethiopian or even Swahilian speakers, etc jumping up and down for having the same "significant piece".
You people need to work on una self esteem? It is obviously severally low.

But only Igbo's have always lamented about BBC having Hausa service and no Igbo service. The Yoruba have never lamented about BBC Hausa service.

I can provide you with over 10pages of Igbo lamentations over BBC Hausa service.

As for Igbo's not jumping up and down, I already read the news of the Igbo BBC before I read this, and I am sure you will eat your words over your brother's lack self esteem reinforced by their previous wailings over BBC Hausa service.

https://www.nairaland.com/4349092/bbc-news-igbo-officially-launched

But of course, your inferiority complex suffering brothers were already lamenting about BBC Yoruba service yesternight, only to wake up today to realise there is also BBC Igbo service, and they have suddenly changed their hypocritical tone.

6 Likes

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 15, 2018
bounty007:

Don't understand why this people like measuring and competing..and for every jealous completion Dem dey lose out..

Imagine one ode shout best language ever?. Atimes this humans fit clown for Africa. grin

Funny humans ..

Afons no go kee me... Dey like flies on my mention.. grin
Like say I burst dia chest ..

Tell afonjas truth e go call am envy... meanwhile typical afonja is naturally piled with envy and jealousy.. a trait of very tribalistic humans..

they have been saying goat is stupid, but you are so stupid that if you are a goat and they kill you, I will not eat your meat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by proffemi: 9:13am On Feb 15, 2018
bounty007:

Imagine one ode shout best language ever?. Atimes this humans fit clown for Africa. grin

Funny humans ..

Apologies to decent ndigbo for generalizing, but a large enough sample size from Nairaland and real life supports the following:

You Igbos are your own worst enemies. Most Igbos (that I know) are hardworking, and enterprising (often to a fault). Many are also smart. However, most of them also have what I believe it was the late Sardauna who described as "the will to dominate".

This is what leads to crises within their ranks and with host communities. It is, to simplify the narrative somewhat, a great part of what led to the pogrom that preceded the Civil War. It is what is leading to crises in so many parts of Yoruba land.

You folks are quick to make everything about yourself, and in the process, make enemies. I am one of those who lambasted the Lagos government for this new law, but having reviewed the backstory and the rhetoric from the Igbos over the last few years, I now realize it was inevitable. What led to this law is not your success, it is your apparent belief that you can ride on that success to lord it over your host communities.

Take the Jonathan saga. I am one of those who strongly supported the man in 2011. When he fumbled, I decided it was better to take a risk with a man we had previously rejected three times (of course, history has shown that Buhari is a fumbler too, but that is another story). On this, my views were similar to most Yorubas. We supported Jonathan in 2011, but not in 2015 for no reason other than poor performance. However, as usual, (most) ndigbo madeit about themselves.

I won't ask a whole tribe to change. I will instead ask the rational ones among you to look inwards for the solutions to the constant crises with your hosts, rather than lashing out.

6 Likes

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Aposteli1(m): 9:13am On Feb 15, 2018
iambijo:
sharrap my friend yoruba language don't have that strength to dominate Africa
At least Yoruba language is dominating Lagos now.

4 Likes

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by ipobarecriminals: 9:13am On Feb 15, 2018
cool ile,asa,ede yoruba oni daru/baje ooo

1 Like

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by totorimi: 9:14am On Feb 15, 2018
UK can make it there second official language because yoruba's own dominate London and they know it.

Therefore they should do the needful on time.
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Adezanoti: 9:16am On Feb 15, 2018
Jarus:
Most Yoruba that are literate enough to read and internet savvy enough to use internet find it easier to read English tha Yoruba
... The same thing goes to Igbo and Hausa too...

2 Likes

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Nonaira1: 9:16am On Feb 15, 2018
Throwback:

But only Igbo's have always lamented about BBC having Hausa service and no Igbo service. The Yoruba have never lamented about BBC Hausa service.

I can provide you with over 10pages of Igbo lamentations over BBC Hausa service.

As for Igbo's not jumping up and down, I already read the news of the Igbo BBC before I read this, and I am sure you will eat your words over your brother's lack self esteem reinforced by their previous wailings over BBC Hausa service.

Of course

These are south africans pretending to be yoruba wailing about BBC hausa
https://www.nairaland.com/1254057/why-dont-bbc-igbo-yoruba
https://mobile.twitter.com/kay_sesen/status/462277306430787584?lang=en

I mean how dare this south africans pretend.

Nonsense.

I repeat do you see any igbo jumping up and down about it? Infact, do you see any igbo rushing to open a thread because to quote one of your OWN "white man pay big to learn our beloved language" all because bbc decided to create a platform that uses African language.

Comeon get off my mention
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 15, 2018
proffemi:

Apologies to decent ndigbo for generalizing, but a large enough sample size from Nairaland and real life supports the following:

You Igbos are your own worst enemies. Most Igbos (that I know) are hardworking, and enterprising (often to a fault). Many are also smart. However, most of them also have what I believe it was the late Sardauna who described as "the will to dominate".

This is what leads to crises within their ranks and with host communities. It is, to simplify the narrative somewhat, a great part of what led to the pogrom that preceded the Civil War. It is what is leading to crises in so many parts of Yoruba land.

You folks are quick to make everything about yourself, and in the process, make enemies. I am one of those who lambasted the Lagos government for this new law, but having reviewed the backstory and the rhetoric from the Igbos over the last few years, I now realize it was inevitable. What led to this law is not your success, it is your apparent belief that you can ride on that success to lord it over your host communities.

Take the Jonathan saga. I am one of those who strongly supported the man in 2011. When he fumbled, I decided it was better to take a risk with a man we had previously rejected three times (of course, history has shown that Buhari is a fumbler too, but that is another story). On this, my views were similar to most Yorubas. We supported Jonathan in 2011, but not in 2015 for no reason other than poor performance. However, as usual, (most) ndigbo madeit about themselves.

I won't ask a whole tribe to change. I will instead ask the rational ones among you to look inwards for the solutions to the constant crises with your hosts, rather than lashing out.

Preach that to your afon Bros dem..dey need am more .. and you know.. abi I dey lie?
Funny humans
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 15, 2018
ajibolabd:
they have been saying goat is stupid, but you are so stupid that if you are a goat and they kill you, I will not eat your meat

Goat ewure ewu anu.....
Na confirm meat..
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by proffemi: 9:20am On Feb 15, 2018
bounty007:

Preach that to your afon Bros dem..dey need am more .. and you know.. abi I dey lie?
Funny humans

Why don't you do a small experiment? Why don't count the number of likes earned by tribalistic posts by Igbos or Yorubas on Nairaland? I kept track for a while, and what I found told a story.

2 Likes

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Tohzara(m): 9:21am On Feb 15, 2018
Jarus:
Thank you! I don't understand this obsession with preservation of language and culture. I really don't care.

All I care about is ease of communication with other humans from all over the globe.

Latin is a fascinating language with a great and rich history, but now utterly dead. It is now a language for scholars, and nothing but a collection of dusty books in museums. That didn't result in the end of the world.
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Amarabae(f): 9:25am On Feb 15, 2018
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Pigsandidiots: 9:25am On Feb 15, 2018
[s]
Nonaira1:

Seriously. Thank you very much!!! They get one thing and people will never hear word about it.

You're here being accused of "being jealous" for calling them out on their Bullshit. One of them literally wrote "yoruba would be the lingua franca of Africa". Not one bothered to correct him but yet had the audacity to attack you for doing so. They see nothing insultive to other african groups about that statement. Reason behind their delusion statement all because of this task. A task that hausa had for years now yet never once tried to profess sone kind of delusional superiority from it. Swahili is one of the most popular African language worldwide. Infact, most people stil think that all Africans speaks swahili yet you never ever hear a native swahili speaker make irrational, delusional comment like the yoruba make.

Like my God wtf is wrong with those things from Southwest honestly? I bet every penny i have if it was an Igbo, Ijaw, Igala, etc that wrote that comment, the fools accusing you of "jealousy" would have filled this entire thread with pages on "you're not better than others" and all other BS they wail on here. What's funny, is everything they accuse others is an act they display highly. Pathetic. I've never in my life seen a more delusional things like yoruba. Honestly, I've never in my life.
[/s]See perfect solution to your pained life. SIH(Suffer in hell) bro in advance bro.

2 Likes

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by gaskiyamagana: 9:25am On Feb 15, 2018
headhunter1:
[s][/s]
yeroba Muslims are the problem of the world and the good people of yerobas
they're not real yerobas
. I reject dis in Jesus, in sango,in ogun, in oya and oduduwa names. A m e e n.
Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by olahero(m): 9:26am On Feb 15, 2018
I sometimes wonder WHY Nigerian hates his/her fellow Nigerian? Yet, we are saying Whites hates black, why they won't hate us? Tribalism is a heavy blow to development of a nation, if care is not taking, we may stay undeveloped for many years to come.

Meanwhile, our Creator knows more than we know, He does the perfects to everything He created.

Dear Nigerians, let stay away from Tribalism to make a huge progress.

Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba and others Nigerians, let embrace Peace & Progress.

Nigeria shall be great Again.

4 Likes

Re: BBC News Yoruba Officially Launches. by Nonaira1: 9:27am On Feb 15, 2018
Throwback:

But of course, your inferiority complex suffering brothers were already lamenting about BBC Yoruba service yesternight, only to wake up today to realise there is also BBC Igbo service, and they have suddenly changed their hypocritical tone.

It is obvious your lying trait that is highly common among you lots can't help but manifest itself twice in one post you made despite we are on the damn thread you trying to modify story off.

Niggs we are on the yoruba thread. Biko repost the "inferority complex brothers that was lamenting about BBC yoruba since yesterday". Nigga only one igbo even spoke on this thread, mostly addressing you lots delusions on how "yoruba language is going to be Africa lingua franca" that your brother chest beated because you finally got an act other Africans been have. Ironically he wrote that approximately 5.32am of TODAY. Most igbos give two fuvks about this and this thread is a PERFECT testimony to it. How many igbos do you see commenting. I can count them in my hand, myself included

Next time i suggest waiting till we are out of the thread before engaging una usual lying trait.

Lastly I'll repeat again. You people as a whole need to work of una self esteem because it is obviously obviously extremely low.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From The Chris Brown Concert / These Are The Top Latest Nigerian Songs To Vibe Through The Christmas / Vote: Who Is Nigeria's Best Musician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.