Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) (37624 Views)

Result Of 2019 Car Race And Bike Race Championship In Nigeria / Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 S Now Fastest Production SUV At Nurburgring Race Track / Race Track Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by DonJuan1(m): 9:33am On Feb 15, 2018
autojosh:
Yes. Nigeria now has a car race track.

The MotorSport Raceway, Evbuobanosa (MRE) is Nigeria’s pioneer race track. The location offers automobile-race enthusiasts an opportunity to demonstrate their passion for competitive car racing. Sitting gallantly on 130 acres of land, the MRE is strategically located in the very serene vicinity of Evbuobanosa – a town just 20 minutes drive from Benin-city, along the Benin – Asaba Highway – this location grants easy access from Benin, Delta State, and many other parts of the country.

The car-race track caters not only for car racing but also for superbike and sundry racing competition.

MotorSport Raceway, Evbuobanosa (MRE) is a total package. The MRE boasts of a full-service Tyre Center, Fuel Station with self-service pumps, a state of the art clubhouse with observation deck, restaurant with available catering, beautiful swimming pool, day garages and gift shop help to fulfill the needs of all customers utilizing the facility.

The track itself can be run in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction. A total of 11 bends make the 2.3 KM race track truly memorable.

Besides car-racing, other events are hosted at this venue. They include Stunt bike Show, Roller Skating, Superbike race, Bike Drag Race, Speed cycling, health and Fitness run, Pageant, etc.

MotorSport Raceway, Evbuobanosa (MRE) is a private sector initiative.

Now, isn’t this the sort of projects government should encourage?

https://autojosh.com/behold-nigerias-premier-motorsport-facility/

@Op, I didn’t see the most important facility among the ones you listed above.
Is there any functional and well equipped hospital/ medical facility within easy reach? That’s what makes the difference IMO

1 Like

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by delivryboy: 9:34am On Feb 15, 2018
Guestlander:
Land better used for agriculture.

Can you explain how this project would affect food production? the land utilized for this project is not even up to a hectare=10km², Nigeria's land mass is 923,768 km² of arable land. I don't know why Nigerians consider food more than any other form of development. This project when in full operation will put good food on many family's table. Besides most countries you admire today were once hungry but they endured hunger to develop other important sectors you see them enjoying today. Imagine USA in the 1950s and 1960s saying the citizen were hungry and did not develop space technology, would you have had the internet you are using to type this shallow thoughts of yours. Our youths need to embrace the current hardship to achieve something greater for themselves and their country.

5 Likes

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:34am On Feb 15, 2018
What is that white frog eyed car always doing on the tracks? Very slow nonsense and the owner is always trying to form racer and he is always losing. He thinks racing is by ur car looking flat to d ground...

1 Like

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by mumuto: 9:35am On Feb 15, 2018
Edo PDP no go like this news o
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2018
Just a matter of time, one idiot will buy the whole race track and build an estate.
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by omakay(m): 9:37am On Feb 15, 2018
don't they have a website where one can be informed of upcoming events!!!!!!

This is good....... Very good......

1 Like

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by Moorish: 9:38am On Feb 15, 2018
AnodaIT:
If the dullardrous son knew, he would have race here and would not be the vegetable he is now
Humans

We often talk recklessly forgetting it can also happen to anyone. Everyone makes mistakes

Have a heart

1 Like

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by hubtiva: 9:38am On Feb 15, 2018
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by elipheleh(m): 9:41am On Feb 15, 2018
The dealer told me a Ferrari is clear for racing. Car enthusiastics in the house, can I race with my Ferrari also?
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2018
waste... why not upgrade the one we have in rivers and calabar , must every thing pass through Lagos... all this leverage is major reason parasitic west will not buy idea of true federalism, they will automatically lose patronage

1 Like

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by Ochima75(m): 9:43am On Feb 15, 2018
chineduho:
They tried but why those jallopy

Hahahahahahah
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by Ochima75(m): 9:45am On Feb 15, 2018
kilokeys:
emergency response nko

Word!
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by arusoncd(m): 9:45am On Feb 15, 2018
Why not hospital instead of club house, no fire service mentioned. This way Nigeria.
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by arusoncd(m): 9:46am On Feb 15, 2018
Why not hospital instead of club house, no fire service mentioned.
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by XerXesNG(m): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2018
elipheleh:
The dealer told me a Ferrari is clear for racing. Car enthusiastics in the house, can I race with my Ferrari also?

Yes you can. In the super car category.
Good luck beating the V10 BMW though
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by XerXesNG(m): 9:51am On Feb 15, 2018
DonJuan1:

@Op, I didn’t see the most important facility among the ones you listed above.
Is there any functional and well equipped hospital/ medical facility within easy reach? That’s what makes the difference IMO

Whenever there's an event, there are always ambulances, security and medical personnel on standby.

Visit motorsportraceway.com for more info.

Follow their social media pages to stay abreast of happenings at the track.

@superbikenigeria
@motorsportraceway
@roadxraceseries

And follow my race team cheesy

@fastlanemotorsports.ng

1 Like

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by wagazala: 9:52am On Feb 15, 2018
Bullhari007:
waste... why not upgrade the one we have in rivers and calabar , must every thing pass through Lagos... all this leverage is major reason parasitic west will not buy idea of true federalism, they will automatically lose patronage

How is this by Lagos? Between Benin and Delta State.

1 Like

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by wagazala: 9:54am On Feb 15, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
incase of fatal incidents are their emergency air lifting ambulances?? Are there standby paramedics?? Lol the only helicopter close by will belong to an iconic looter �����

Reasonable questions, however i think its only a matter of time before this attracts interest/investments and all of these will be provided. A good start in my opinion, i can see the tracks hosting major racing events in a few years.

1 Like

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by seenter84: 9:55am On Feb 15, 2018
Na people like them dino melaye suppose talk to government to encourage this.
Me like speed like i won use ikorodu road and 3rd mainland bridge turn to race track.
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:05am On Feb 15, 2018
wagazala:

Reasonable questions, however i think its only a matter of time before this attracts interest/investments and all of these will be provided. A good start in my opinion, i can see the tracks hosting major racing events in a few years.
sure it has a future...But will it not be short lived like everything Nigeria has been known with?? Only corruption and deceit seems to wanna locate the promise land with us..

Lemme quickly suggest u something...Don't u think that planning,nuturing of large scale ideas like diz should av included my aforementioned necessities?? Because from the first kick off there could be fatalities?? Trust me bro we shouldn't limit ourselves to our backwardness that we call perseverance,endurance,resilience...It's sad and its the root of all the stagnant nature of tinz down there??

Who plans to build an hospital and say wheel chairs will be bought in the future??
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by LZAA: 10:07am On Feb 15, 2018
autojosh:
Yes. Nigeria now has a car race track.

The MotorSport Raceway, Evbuobanosa (MRE) is Nigeria’s pioneer race track. The location offers automobile-race enthusiasts an opportunity to demonstrate their passion for competitive car racing. Sitting gallantly on 130 acres of land, the MRE is strategically located in the very serene vicinity of Evbuobanosa – a town just 20 minutes drive from Benin-city, along the Benin – Asaba Highway – this location grants easy access from Benin, Delta State, and many other parts of the country.

The car-race track caters not only for car racing but also for superbike and sundry racing competition.

MotorSport Raceway, Evbuobanosa (MRE) is a total package. The MRE boasts of a full-service Tyre Center, Fuel Station with self-service pumps, a state of the art clubhouse with observation deck, restaurant with available catering, beautiful swimming pool, day garages and gift shop help to fulfill the needs of all customers utilizing the facility.

The track itself can be run in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction. A total of 11 bends make the 2.3 KM race track truly memorable.

Besides car-racing, other events are hosted at this venue. They include Stunt bike Show, Roller Skating, Superbike race, Bike Drag Race, Speed cycling, health and Fitness run, Pageant, etc.

MotorSport Raceway, Evbuobanosa (MRE) is a private sector initiative.

Now, isn’t this the sort of projects government should encourage?

https://autojosh.com/behold-nigerias-premier-motorsport-facility/

rally track and dirtbike track
issa pity we no too get F1 fans(i mean real fans no be the ones wy still dy call schumi and only know hamilton grin)
one f1 race in nigeria will generate mad publicity and revenue.
sidenote:my friend raced in this track
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by frankoben(m): 10:24am On Feb 15, 2018
Wow! Yesufu Buhaha no see dis place b4 e want go end him career for Abuya..
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by montumonami(m): 10:24am On Feb 15, 2018
YUSUF MUST HEAR THIS
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by 1x2x3: 10:38am On Feb 15, 2018
This nonsense must stop...... What type of car is that?

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by Itulah(m): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2018
The total length is more than 2.3KM uncle
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 15, 2018
Good! now i can go and bump into peoples cars legally. grin in the name of car racing.
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by swagifted(m): 10:47am On Feb 15, 2018
guy u try o, to even attempt to explain
delivryboy:

Can you explain how this project would affect food production? the land utilized for this project is not even up to a hectare=10km², Nigeria's land mass is 923,768 km² of arable land. I don't know why Nigerians consider food more than any other form of development. This project when in full operation will put good food on many family's table. Besides most countries you admire today were once hungry but they endured hunger to develop other important sectors you see them enjoying today. Imagine USA in the 1950s and 1960s saying the citizen were hungry and did not develop space technology, would you have had the internet you are using to type this shallow thoughts of yours. Our youths need to embrace the current hardship to achieve something greater for themselves and their country.
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 10:52am On Feb 15, 2018
Racetrack to the grave....weda naija get good medical facility to rescue crash victims
Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by wagazala: 10:53am On Feb 15, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
sure it has a future...But will it not be short lived like everything Nigeria has been known with?? Only corruption and deceit seems to wanna locate the promise land with us..

Lemme quickly suggest u something...Don't u think that planning,nuturing of large scale ideas like diz should av included my aforementioned necessities?? Because from the first kick off there could be fatalities?? Trust me bro we shouldn't limit ourselves to our backwardness that we call perseverance,endurance,resilience...It's sad and its the root of all the stagnant nature of tinz down there??

Who plans to build an hospital and say wheel chairs will be bought in the future??

Sure all you have said is absolutely right. Only in Nigeria, sometimes you have to embark on some projects for want of trying and attracting investments as you move along. What should have happened in this situation is the tracks shouldn't have been open for use until health and safety was adequately considered and provided.

Lets hope the regulators (If any) do the needful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by RealGucci: 10:57am On Feb 15, 2018
cars goo for it are as follows
nissan maxima sport edition
camry 2003 to 2007 se
bmw
amg
golf 2 sport edition

Re: Motorsport Raceway: The First And Only Car Race Track In Nigeria (Photos) by Lilcentt(f): 10:58am On Feb 15, 2018
castrol180:
it looks like map of Africa

Thank God their Edo girls will see something to embraced and urge as cheerladies aftermath any game
when you have use Garri to spoil your eye kor...how does dis one look like map of Africa? ssshhh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best / Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians / 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.