Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? (8907 Views)

A Drinking Bar Or Female Care Products? / Nairaland. Monikers Without Male Or Female Gender I THINK Should Not Be Allowed / Which Do You Prefer ? Male Barber Or Female Barber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Talk2Bella(f): 7:58am On Feb 15, 2018
This is going to be an interesting read so I will implore we read without bias and sentiments.

This is a man's world we have said times without number, but when it comes to marketing products we say women have the upper hand (: often times I have wondered who ever brought up this misconception.

I have seen many people reject a career in marketing because it's been perceived to be hard and not doable, I have seen job adverts asking specifically for female marketers, light skinned and single are some of the criteria that come with these adverts, I had a colleague tell me one time "You're a woman, marketing these products should be very easy" I found it sexist, objectifying and offending to my hustle, things aren't going to get better for me because I am a woman, things are going to get better for me because I am good at what I do.

I recently got appointment as an investment advisor with one of the biggest Real Estate Investment Firm in the country, this company made me understand the equality In Gender and opportunities, every one of us is given the same opportunity and tools to survive, no preference or inequality, woman or not you need to work twice as hard as everyone now this is a very healthy work environment.

Now I will not be a hypocrite and say I have always wanted to be a marketer or sales executive no, but when the opportunity surfaced did I turn tail and run? No! I faced it head on, I read on it, I watched YouTube videos, I rebranded my LinkedIn account and followed top sales influencers, I had no intention of slacking on the job or let inexperience hold me back, everything I saw around me were opportunities, I dreamt marketing, I ate marketing, I was working in that company like I owned it, learn to love a job not because it is a passion but because it is an experience {Isabella Ibeji).

I will like to say once again, there are no preference in marketing, you're either good at it or bad but this should not deter you from taking up the opportunity when it presents itself, do not be an unemployed lazy person with a choice, being a marketing executive will always be one of the best things that happened to me not because I was very good at it at the time but because I was willing to learn on the job and do better.

To potential consumers/customers out there, please give everyone a chance a minute of your time may seem much at the moment to listen to a sales pitch but so many people have lost money making investments due to preference of Gender, free yourself from the thought that female marketers are easy marks for your perversions, listen to them as you would a new business deal, let us make this country great again by investing in ideas and making such ideas realities, Nigeria is a great Country but its growth remains In our hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8XWQIxS0Uk

Isabella Ibeji.

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Donald3d(m): 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2018
hmm
Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by kolawoleibukun: 12:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
In marketing, what really matters is your pitch. If a marketer is very well-prepared and has a good delivery, gender does not play a role. Marketing with your body is always counter-productive because you only end up selling your body instead of the brand. The focus has to be on the brand so that the clients will be left with that impression on his mind. I remember marketing for a company some years ago and one client remembers my name but not the name of the brand that I was marketing. I used to be a regularly in the gym so the chest, biceps bla bla bla... But when I changed my approach, the deals came in and the rest is history.

In marketing, delivery is the deal. Know your product, develop a passion for that product, be convincing with your pitch. First impression is always the appearance. Look smart and neat and always brush your teeth and smell good. Check your oily face and teeth for leaf and meat. If you have any language skill, always use it at the right time. Study your clients and build a trust.

My own experience: If you are into short-term marketing, use beautiful girls but if you are marketing a brand, use smart girls who are experienced and eloquent in speech and presentable.

Many pretty girls I know do not do well in marketing. Those ones day fall business and pursue clients.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Trueigbo: 12:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
who did Adam listen to that put us in this mess?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2018
male marketer, if he smells well,looks good, knows his stuff and is not flirting with me

6 Likes

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by larisoft: 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2018
Its pretty messed up for everyome if you ask me. Guys have to work extra hard to be given an audience, women have to work extra hard to remove or avoid sexual overtures.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by King4Roller: 12:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
A Bobrisky
Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Cladez(m): 12:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
Male noni...........is it the females that most of them got to that stage with the help of their puna.

I go with the male

6 Likes

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by biacan(f): 12:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
Any man that's into marketing....... bye boy cool
Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by sandrahnaub(f): 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
The intelligent 1 angry

Or

The one with the better offer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by biggerboyc(m): 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
Please if anyone is looking for roommate in Lagos I have someone who wants to pair or cheap room
Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by pennywys(m): 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
A pretty female marketer

2 Likes

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Papiikush: 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
I have always ignored all male marketers approaching me...

One pretty girl came to my office and convinced me to buy a spectranet device which I didn't even need at that moment.

Lmao... What happened days after was mad! If you know, you know... grin

6 Likes

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by 12submarine(m): 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
Female will listen to a handsome marketer while males will listen to a beautiful marketer. Let's not pretend about it, it is natural.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Millz404(m): 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
My fellow niqqi... I don't want any female attitude neither want to be confused into buying garbage
Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by ipobarecriminals: 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
male marketer dey sufa but marketing is fun not stressful

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Kokaine(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
i listen more to my bank account balance. it has never deceived me. it doesnt smile or frown. it says things as they are in real life and not as i wish them to be. i love my marketer.

3 Likes

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by gunners160(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
I listen to the boobs and ass..

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by statrboiTolu(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
Male marketer!! Not cs i'm a guy. They are more exact!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Obierika(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
Female
Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by tofolo(m): 12:50pm On Feb 15, 2018
The females lead.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by BigBrother9ja: 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
Only the one with the biggest boobz

Meanwhile, PLEASE VOTE EFE FOR the money

3 Likes

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Truckpusher(m): 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
The one hitting the points.
Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by tivta(m): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2018
women sell emotions men sell logic
Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by dingbang(m): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2018
biacan:
Any man that's into marketing....... bye boy cool
tell me bye bye
Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Burgerlomo: 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2018
pennywys:
A pretty female marketer

Wa gbayi iwo ogbeni yi cool

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2018
I prefer male marketers most female try to flirt and rely on their looks esp when trying to convert me to a customer, though if the female marketer is just being herself then I would prefer that.

2 Likes

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by edoman2016: 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2018
Female marketers are preferred because men tend to give attention and listen to what female marketers have to sell.
Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by chubbyG(m): 12:56pm On Feb 15, 2018
sandrahnaub:
The intelligent 1 angry
I tire o
Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 15, 2018
A man, because he has more convincing to do and will likely tell me more about the product than a female who would most likely rely on her charm..

2 Likes

Re: Who Would You Listen To, A Male Or Female Marketer? by Sleemchoko8: 12:56pm On Feb 15, 2018
No matter how you put it men will pay more attention to single ladies than men or married ladies. Women influence on men reduce the moment they put ring on their fingers and companies are aware of this. Queen Victoria didn't marry till she died because she wants to ve influence on world leaders. Most of them were making advances and she played all along and influence things in her favor. Place a man n a woman with equal marketing acumen, the woman will excel more than the man

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Offers $367m For Forex Forwards / We Buy Waste Plastic Bottles Of Lacasera @ The Best Price Anywhere In 9ja. / Why Do Nigerian Traders Frown When You Want To Buy Things On Credit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.