Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,307 members, 7,780,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:46 PM

Valentine : My Abbreviated Opinion On Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valentine : My Abbreviated Opinion On Love (487 Views)

Valentine: My Girlfriend Surprised Me With A 22k Wrist Watch (Photos) / oraimo Roles Out Valentine, My Crush, And Quickie Bundles For Customers / Valentine, My First Time.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Valentine : My Abbreviated Opinion On Love by blueink: 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2018
So we are in the month of February and everyone knows that it is usually classified as the month of love. Now, I don’t think anyone should have to write about love or how amazing love is, but we live in a world where people are blinded, so here is my abbreviated opinion on love.

First of all, love is a gift. Don’t waste it, don’t mishandle it, don’t abuse it. The thing about love is, it comes when you least expect it and it usually leaves you amazed. However, people often don’t know what to do when they are faced with true and genuine love. So they start by testing it, to see if it’s the real thing. If the love passes their so-called tests, they then proceed to do one of the most stupid things I have ever heard of. They decide to front for the love.

They take advantage of the love, and they disrespect it. They treat love as if it’s just something you see everywhere. Forgetting that in the century, love is scarce, very scarce. Someone will say he/she loves you. Said person will date you for 5 years, break up with you and get married a month later. Yet someone who has true love will be manhandling it. That never ceases to amaze me. Another thing they do is, they run. This is common amongst people who have been hurt before. They don’t know what to do with the love, so they get scared and they run. Which is sad. Because pure and honest love is beautiful and it conquers all things.

When love comes around, grab onto it tightly and don’t let go. It’s so rare these days. If you have someone that you love, do not let anything get in the way of the love. Don’t let your pride, your stubbornness, your selfishness, anything, get in the way of it. Because, chances of you finding that love again, aren’t as high as we’d like to think. It’s not easy to find someone who loves you completely and totally, and will love you even when they hate you. Someone who will stick with you in your good and your bad times. So if you find that person, please hold on, with all that you have and love that person back.

Speaking from personal experience, we all love differently. That someone doesn’t show his/her love to you the way you expect or desire, does not mean that they don’t love you. It just means that they have a different love language from yours. The only way you can discover their love language is by giving them a chance and telling them what makes you happy and vice versa.

I have seen people throw away beautiful relationships, simply because one person’s way of showing love was different from the other person, and they both just couldn’t see it. Things like that can only be overcome by time, knowledge, patience, and a willingness to learn and be better for your significant other.

Love is easy and beautiful but to maintain love, you have to put in the effort or else life and all its hassle will make you forget why you fell in love in the first place.

So in this month of love, don’t take it for granted. Be it your friend, family, or your lover, don’t take the love you have for granted.

Words by Sammie

https://blueink.ng/valentine-my-abbreviated-opinion-on-love/

https://blueink.ng/

(1) (Reply)

"One Corner" (ladies Only) / Checkout This Piece Of Art (photos). / A Lasting Solution To Cheating Just For Women. 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.