Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,186 members, 7,780,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:50 AM

"Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics (48868 Views)

No Students Were Impregnated In Our School - Awka Diocese Refutes Reports / Abia Students To Ikpeazu: Reduce Our School Fees, We Don't Need The N30k Cash / 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2018
Empredboy:
what are you saying? when I gained admission into OAU in 1998 we were paying #90 for school fees and #130 for accommodation. in university or higher institution they are made to generate income too for them selves and that's why some school have bakery, farms, TV and radio station. the questions you ought to ask is cant these schools collaborate with their science and engineering dept to produce something that can give then income higher than what the federal government gives?
before I graduated there was this science center in Ife where the school intend to use our shit in the school to generate electric light for the school and the near by village. if the school had done that by now they would have covered the whole of ile Ife and it's environs and that would have been a massive income for the school while the school fees will be cheap then the students encouraged to work for or in the school. instead of the school paying high salaries. that would have been a win win situation

Yes, we all paid low fees, we all went to universities that generated income,, and the facilities were bad. Very bad.

Thing is, the number of students at universities has gone up since your time, we are not earning enough from oil, it costs 600000 per annum to train one Nigerian student... and oil is falling.

I paid 2000 as fees, 90 as accommodation fees. The accomodation was bad, the hostels were slums, and there was no cash to buy new books for the libraries, new facilities for the labs. We used equipment that our parents used for crying out loud.

Increase fees, or poor students will suffer half baked degrees. While the rich port abroad, or to one of the better private unis.
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by hadassah4: 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2018
moscobabs:

Benue and Imo are the only problematic states we have in Nigeria.
what about kogi state?

Strange story everyday
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by MossLuv: 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2018
[quote author=Cromcruach91 post=65117637]On the other hand...if you don't pay your fees...how do you expect the university to survive financially?

Yes, I know...we need to spend 26% of our budget on education, which amounts to 2.08trillion naira.(out of 8 trillion)...which is less than the N3 trillion naira ASUU says we need for universities.

And we also have the primary schools, secondary schools, mono and polytechnics...and others to provide for.

Cheap education is not possible. And it has nothing to do with Buhari, GEJ or past leaders...and everything to do with costs.

So...pay your fees. Better pay higher too if you want better facilities.

pay with which money? when their parents are been own 10 months salary.
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by omoiyalayi(m): 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
What is "ANGYA BETTER THAN KEMBE" grin grin
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by Empredboy(m): 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Yes, we all paid low fees, we all went to universities that generated income,, and the facilities were bad. Very bad.

Thing is, the number of students at universities has gone up since your time, we are not earning enough from oil, it costs 600000 per annum to train one Nigerian student... and oil is falling.

I paid 2000 as fees, 90 as accommodation fees. The accomodation was bad, the hostels were slums, and there was no cash to buy new books for the libraries, new facilities for the labs. We used equipment that our parents used for crying out loud.

Increase fees, or poor students will suffer half baked degrees. While the rich port abroad, or to one of the better private unis.
now that the fees are high are the facilities better? yet our government wants to diversify but they don't know how to bring the best our of the higher institution. do you know that if all the higher institutions in the country are productive, the school fees will be next to nothing? do you know that there will be more money for research? tell me what is benue state university doing with there large land? look at UI zoo in those days. what happened to the zoo? I was ashamed when I wasted my fuel to take my kids to ui zoo during the festival period. isn't that zoo a tourist site? our people are either lazy to tap from our vast resources or they are wicked to build for the future
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by hadassah4: 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
Cromcruach91:
On the other hand...if you don't pay your fees...how do you expect the university to survive financially?

Yes, I know...we need to spend 26% of our budget on education, which amounts to 2.08trillion naira.(out of 8 trillion)...which is less than the N3 trillion naira ASUU says we need for universities.

And we also have the primary schools, secondary schools, mono and polytechnics...and others to provide for.

Cheap education is not possible. And it has nothing to do with Buhari, GEJ or past leaders...and everything to do with costs.

So there were no primary school,secondary school and some other institutions when some of our leaders enjoyed free education.
You are a suspect my dear, it seems u are one of their children or relatives.
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by ezewealth(m): 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
Look at their wrong written English, are these ppl students at all. This looks like some touts backlashing due to sudden increase in sachet dry gin
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by cantok(m): 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2018
tesppidd:

You here comments such as;
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
hadassah4:
So there were no primary school,secondary school and some other institutions when some of our leaders enjoyed free education.
You are a suspect my dear, it seems u are one of their children or relatives.

1.No,free education was not universal. People had to pay fees.

2.Fewer people went to school back then. In 1973,one Nigerian university had 3000 students. Today it has 50000 and counting.

In 1960, less than 10% of Nigerian kids were in school. That number is now 50-70%.And our population in 1963 was, 56million, now 180million.

3. We need 3trillion naira yearly to keep fees low. Our budget is 8trillion. Do the math.

4.Free education makes it difficult for schools to get adequate facilities.
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by olusayeroyagi(m): 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
Karmatyra:
This is funny..... You don't pay salaries for almost a year, but you expect your citizens to pay taxes, NEPA bill, school fees. Etc. With which money na? Bull crap!
sister u deserve a bottle of cold beer
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by SirLakes: 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2018
E be like say dem no dey suspend student for this school, see as them dey pose for camera grin grin grin
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by sampsun(m): 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
Cromcruach91:
On the other hand...if you don't pay your fees...how do you expect the university to survive financially?

Hid can they afford the Fee's when governor Ortom is owing there Parents eleven months salary?

As far as the government is owing It workforce, I see no reason why students should pay there fee's. Pay there parents and the parents would pay there school fee's.
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by olocheo77(m): 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
We cannot be serious for once Nigeria. Snake don suffer

1 Like

Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by bmos(m): 5:45pm On Feb 16, 2018
powalez:

Lol...hw will dis make u to miss ur gfwe are directed to vacate the hostel today.she go go her house na

Instead of facing you upcoming exams, na toto you busy concern yourself with. At the end of the day and you gather 3rd class now, you will go about blaming Ortom
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by Dayvdblake: 6:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
Fairly used *Pythons* for sale...They can swallow a minimum of 25 million from any bank or office -

Agric one available also. Can swallow 100 million, foreign currency....Even *Bitcoins* �

just contact 08142............

My own is post ����
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by dirtyhokage(m): 6:33pm On Feb 16, 2018
judecares1:
BUHARI ADMINISTRATION MADE NIGERIANS TO KNOW WHAT IS CALLED
BUDGET PADDING
SNAKE SWALLOWING MONEY
MISSING BUDGET
MISSING EFCC FUND
pls add urs
Wailers!!!
Ipods
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by number5(m): 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2018
omoiyalayi:
What is "ANGYA BETTER THAN KEMBE" grin grin

Proff Mrs charity angya is the immediate past vice chancellor of the said school why proff kembe is the incumbent.
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by Inanslove(m): 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
For sale !!!!!!

Fairly used pythons for sale...They can swallow a minimum of 25 million Naira from any bank, office or home.

Agric one also available. Can swallow 100 million, foreign currency....Even bitcoins �
Just contact me�
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by DONADAMS(m): 7:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
should be "swallowed"
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by JesseEphraim(m): 7:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
This country is truly the definition of a shithole country.
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by dsealofGod(m): 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
judecares1:
BUHARI ADMINISTRATION MADE NIGERIANS TO KNOW WHAT IS CALLED
BUDGET PADDING
SNAKE SWALLOWING MONEY
MISSING BUDGET
MISSING EFCC FUND
pls add urs

Renovation of Office due to rat invasion
Crocodile smile/tears
Python dance
Squirrel dance
Monkey Pox

Add urs

1 Like

Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by jeroba1(m): 9:26pm On Feb 16, 2018
phranklyn92:
The way snake is swallowing tinz diz days, hope snakes won't swallow ballot boxes come 2019 grin
for sure monkey go carry ballot boxes climb tree.
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by Gavel(m): 11:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
number5:
And now the school has been locked down..every student asked to vacate the hostels before or by 6pm
This dean of student affairs prof's letter weak me. see yeye sentence construction
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by escobar12(m): 11:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
I love my fatherland naija and her comedy's
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by paulaspearz(f): 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Are you aware that civil servants in Benue State are being owed over 10 months salary. So please tell me where the parents are supposed to cough out the school fees from?
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by olowodaran(m): 6:32am On Feb 17, 2018
[quote author=tesppidd post=65117718]Ever since the news of the mysterious money swallowing snake broke,
A lot of mischievous elements have surely found a way of roping it around the president and his party the APC.

You hear comments such as;
'Buhari is fighting corruption'
'Even Jonathan was not that corrupt'
"APC change'

I mean how does this even make any sense!

Why not say
'Oh thank God for this regime that the jamb authorities decided to carry out the audits in the first place'

Buhari is to blame for a jamb office clerk saying that 'snake swallowed money' but but but

Buhari is not to be praised for the jamb executives who decided to audit the accounts?

Hypocrisy and double standards!

I swear 'snakes have been swallowing moneys in this country throughout the pdp regime and for the past 20 years'.

PDP REGIME
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by Fifthwave(f): 6:39am On Feb 17, 2018
Culin:
Seriously this whole snake thing is getting stale

In Nigeria, everything is a joke. It's a pity.

1 Like

Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 17, 2018
paulaspearz:

Are you aware that civil servants in Benue State are being owed over 10 months salary. So please tell me where the parents are supposed to cough out the school fees from?

Are you also aware that not all students at BSU are children of Benue State civil servants?
Re: "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics by dayla(m): 9:32am On Feb 17, 2018
Snake in human flesh bah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obi Cubana Visits UNN, Meets VC, Management Team (Photos, Video) / Survival Tactics You Must Know / FUTMINNA Student Builds A Car As His Final Year Project (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.