Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,058 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP (48467 Views)

Controversy As Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone ‘earlier Launched’ By Jonathan / Nigeria Air Force Drone Hits Boko Haram Terrorists Target In Sambisa Forest. / President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by nwakibie3(m): 3:06pm On Feb 16, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari’s launch of surveillance Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, UAV, produced locally by the Nigerian Air Force Institute of Technology is already generating controversy over the claim that it is the first indigenous UAV, whereas former president, Goodluck Jonathan was said to have launched the same invention in December, 2013.

Buhari, had while inducting the unmanned aerial vehicle christened TSAIGUMI, in Kaduna, on Thursday, said, “It is a pleasure to be here with you all for the induction of the Nigerian Air Force Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, ‘TSAIGUMI’, Nigeria’s first indigenously developed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. The significance of this accomplishment as a milestone of national technological development cannot be over-estimated”.

Since the news broke, there have been speculations that TSAIGUMI is the same UAV which the then president Jonathan commissioned in 2013.

DAILY POST had on December 18, 2013 reported that Jonathan in Kaduna unveiled the first Nigerian made unmanned aerial vehicle, UAV, named GULMA which was built by the Nigerian Air Force in Kaduna.

In his speech at the unveiling ceremony, Jonathan said at the time that as Nigeria continues to witness breakthrough in technology at various sectors, it was imperative to appreciate the fact that Nigeria has potential to do great things, charging Nigerians to continue to explore all available areas that could take the country to greatness.

The PDP in its reaction described the commissioning as a shameful act as its National Publicity Secretary of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Kola Ologbondiyan wrote on Twitter, “It’s a shame that same project former President GEJ commissioned in Dec 17th 2013 is the same project (first unmanned drone ) that Buhari is recommissioning and the @APCNigeria apologists are celebrating this Shameful act.”

Clarifying the issue under contention regarding the drone, the spokesman of the Nigerian Air Force, NAF, AVM Olatokunbo Adesanya told DAILY POST on Friday that the UAV commissioned yesterday by Buhari is the first indigenous operational drone.

According to him, “The other one was not operational. It was a prototype. It was not prepared to conduct any operation. This one built on the earlier one and it is a much more improved version. This is a much more improved version of the other one. This one has mixed characteristics… with so many other things.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/16/controversy-buhari-commissions-air-force-drone-earlier-launched-jonathan/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by bigboss80s(m): 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
Smh..."so many other things." These are the people in charge of our military. Nigeria is in trouble.

These are the same people who just paid about $500 million for fighter planes from the US, except they are toys and not fighter jets. Those jets don't have a single rocket or ammunition of any sort. What's worse? They cannot be repaired or maintained in any way by Nigerians and must be shipped off to the US for maintenance.

And the clueless man flew off to commission. I wonder if this man even knows what is going on around him. He looks like a walking corpse.

237 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
By tomorrow or next, they would say the one GEJ commissioned is not Nigerian made but US made brought into the country as the first of its kind so there is a difference, then use PMB's own for campaign in 2019 as part of his achievement.

Get your pvc people, the dullard is all shades of wrong.

288 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by LesbianBoy(m): 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
Desperation at its peak grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mumu go dey "commission" the HERO OF NIGERIA'S DEMOCRACY project to make it look like he is "working" so that he would be re-elected in 2019.....nonsense!!!

#BuhariMustGo

#It's too late to deceive nigerians amen

#We are now too sensible to be fooled again amen

202 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by wasyou: 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2018

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by SONofnezzar: 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
When we say Boharre is a certified dullard...Some people will come here and spew trash

127 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Kobicove(m): 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
We currently have a government of propagandists undecided

121 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by OurworkComNg1: 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
na wa o.

propagandacrazy is the

government of lying for the lies by the liars

abeg, leave their lies and check my signature jare

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Ekennedy: 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
bigboss80s:
Smh

This country never ceases to amaze me.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Vicboi1(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
Let just force one forget about who commissions it and focus of making it work and maintaining it government is a continuous process. Anywhere one stops the other should continue it..
I think we have overgrown blame games

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Wesporting: 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
For those supporting Buhari, may devil run your life the way Buhari is running this country.

If you quote me with an insult...May you be as foolish as Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by ginggerxy: 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
All hail mr integrity

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Fokuz(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin Buhari my man

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by omowolewa: 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
If he doesn't commission that, what will he commission?

Governors with viable projects refused to invite him, the ones with rail coaches and University project called drone, invited him and you complaining.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by lordraiden(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
Sm1 has been thinking of how to loot and he came up with the idea of commissioning a project that has been commissioned b4..... Wen it comes to money our brain works fast

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by femsim(m): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
I've longed given up on diz country...a nation where you can't trust anyone, I don't trust myself...even my mum has bn decivn me since I was a lad ( oya tell me the truth I won't beat yu and aftr saying the truth I will still chop ham).....Both APC and PDP ar bunch of liars and thieves....thiz country nids a good reform...May God help us all

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Opinedecandid(m): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
Retire, Mr Buhari

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by freeze001(f): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
Na wa!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
Hhj
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Amirullaha(m): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
I laugh in pigin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by xpiranza: 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
scam air force them want their share from baba

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
So all the chiefs lined up to snap with prototype

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by castrokins(m): 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
Buhari I Must Say Is The Worst Person To Lead This Country. He's Been A Disaster. You Built Something On Another And You Claim It's First Ever

Are You A Dullard?

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Aniwhyte(m): 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
nwakibie3:

This one built on the earlier one and it is a much more improved version. This is a much more improved version of the other one. This one has mixed characteristics… with so many other things.

Chaiii, may the thunder of God Almighty strike this air force spokes man to death, telling such shameful lies just to cover the illiterate dullard ass. I weep for the worthless and maggot infested brainless people still supporting this useless and worthless 99.9% propaganda filled government.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by chidynks: 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
Lol.....see casting!!...fowl nyash just dey get exposed for this government always!! buubuu my man!!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by amiibaby(f): 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
Lol
Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by koladebrainiac(m): 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
ITS RECYCLE ITS ALLOWED

Modified

just read through and discovered the Jonathan is the prototype. its non-functional and not made to what this one is already

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by talk2odim: 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
If they are the same then itz rather unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by judecares1(m): 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
YOU CANT PLEASE NIGERIANS AGAIN
BUHARI MUST GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP by Moreoffaith(m): 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
Useless govt

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike: One More PDP Governor To Defect To APC / INEC Declares Adamawa Governorship Election Inconclusive / Asari Dokubo's Wife Comes For President Buhari In A New Controversial Post..see

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.