Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,382 members, 7,800,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Can A Muslim Sister Pray In Presence Of Her Roommates Who Are Not Covered? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can A Muslim Sister Pray In Presence Of Her Roommates Who Are Not Covered? (562 Views)

Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques / Searching Muslim Sister / A Muslim Sister Barred From Attending Call To Bar Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Muslim Sister Pray In Presence Of Her Roommates Who Are Not Covered? by wasak(m): 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah brother and sisters, I had this discussion with a sister, I was worried about the praying in her room in the presence of her roommates who are not clothed, as we know many ladies do that. I have always thought that Awrah of the females should not be exposed when another is praying. I would like to hear informed views on this issue. Thank you all.
Re: Can A Muslim Sister Pray In Presence Of Her Roommates Who Are Not Covered? by madridguy(m): 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2018
Let her pray. Allah knows better.
Re: Can A Muslim Sister Pray In Presence Of Her Roommates Who Are Not Covered? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:51am On Feb 17, 2018
wasak:
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah brother and sisters, I had this discussion with a sister, I was worried about the praying in her room in the presence of her roommates who are not clothed, as we know many ladies do that. I have always thought that Awrah of the females should not be exposed when another is praying. I would like to hear informed views on this issue. Thank you all.
Wa alaykum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh!
She can pray there if she is certain there will be no distractions from them. Also she herself needs to be appropriately covered up for Solah!
A Muslimah should still cover herself up to some extent in front of her friends!
The ‘awrah of a woman in front of her mahrams such as her father, brother and nephew is her entire body except that which usually appears such as the face, hair, neck, forearms and feet.
What is established among the fuqaha’ is that the ‘awrah of a woman with another woman is the area between the navel and the knee, whether the woman is her mother or sister or is not her mahram. It is not permissible for a woman to look at the area between the navel and the knee of another woman, except in cases of necessity such as medical treatment and the like.

This does not mean that a woman may sit among other women with all of her body uncovered except the area between the navel and the knee. No one does that except women who are promiscuous and negiligent, or immoral and evildoers. The words of the scholars, “The ‘awrah is the area between the navel and the knee” should not be misunderstood, because this does not mean that this is how women should always dress and show themselves among their sisters and friends. No wise person would accept that and it is not what the fitrah (sound human nature) calls for.

Rather the way a woman should dress among other women is in clothes that cover properly and express her modesty and dignity. She should not show anything except that which appears when she is working and serving others, such as the head, neck, forearms and feet, as we have mentioned when discussing mahrams above...
Re: Can A Muslim Sister Pray In Presence Of Her Roommates Who Are Not Covered? by wasak(m): 8:53am On Feb 17, 2018
Thank you @ Rashduct4luv. I was just trying to make sure she's not making a mistake. Jazakallahu khairan

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

72 Virgins For Suicide Bombers: Fact Or Myth? / 5 Female Pastors Who Have Converted To Islam. What Are Their Reasons / Was Ezra Believed By The Jews To Be The Son Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.