Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,225 members, 7,807,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

I Regret Going To School - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Regret Going To School (4592 Views)

I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me / I Regret Being A Kind, Naive And Nice Guy / I Easily Lose Interest In Guys, Will I Regret This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Going To School by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2018
Stevengerd:
I Mean Craft Work?
k. Sadly, i didn't learn any. I paid more attention to book work as my parents would say 'Education is the Key'
Re: I Regret Going To School by Stevengerd(m): 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
bignoisemaker:
k. Sadly, i didn't learn any. I paid more attention to book work as my parents would say 'Education is the Key'
Tho it never too late to learn any craft work.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Going To School by lordraiden(m): 9:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
Bro no be only you.... My mates who went into Biz after sec school most are driving big mob and enjoying life me I be like..... Ma nigga you fit find me 5k make I hold body wen I get work for shell you know as e dey be.... Sometimes I feel like going to school is wasting time and you will neva be as rich as ppl doing Biz if you want to depend on your cert.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Going To School by Highbhee(m): 9:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
As a graduate....

U weren't trained to b d master of ur field but also,a Renaissance...

Look into ICT bruh....
D unrecognised Nigeria ICT Sector is a blessing for thinkers..

Beside over populated blogging shii...

Find something new
Be ur own boss
ICT entrepreneurship issa bar bruh
Re: I Regret Going To School by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2018
Xinzu:
Me too, I studied biology yet I'm working with an electricity DISCO. That's bleeped.
hmmm... and more higher institutions are being established yearly just to waste people's time and resources

1 Like

Re: I Regret Going To School by Samyj247: 10:26pm On Feb 16, 2018
akeentech:
Broh, its neva too late, people who started it last week are already doing well, with 2k I can setup a blog for you or any other online business of your choice only that u have to be dedicated, committed, passion and patient.
pls I need a blog for 2k although I don't know how to use a blog but u will teach me na
Re: I Regret Going To School by Samyj247: 10:29pm On Feb 16, 2018
bignoisemaker:
hmmm... and more higher institutions are being established yearly just to waste people's time and resources
true its really a waste of time and money. spending over a million or so going to school, graduating and being paid akara salary. business is better
Re: I Regret Going To School by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
Oya go hawk for road naw. Mumu op undecided
Re: I Regret Going To School by akeentech(m): 11:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
Samyj247:
pls I need a blog for 2k although I don't know how to use a blog but u will teach me na

see my signature
Re: I Regret Going To School by Samyj247: 5:16am On Feb 17, 2018
akeentech:

see my signature
OK thanks
Re: I Regret Going To School by madridguy(m): 7:13am On Feb 17, 2018
Don't loss hope bro, all is well.

bignoisemaker:
if it were possible sir, i would have traded it for cash to survive and invest
Re: I Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
Grayjoy:
Such is life.
Government said education is the key, but when I saw dat people struggle to get dis key after getting it, they learnt that the government has changed the padlock.
When I was in school, I deviced alot of means to make sure that wen i graduate, I won't be unemployed, and dat has really made d difference.
U can just thnk of what u'll do dat u have passion for, and also in d nearest future earn u alot in such a way dat u urself can be an employer of reasonable labour. My bro, nothing is demeaning or downgrading to live ur dreams. Never too late.
hmm.. But why do people make it seem like education is the only way out.

Now, my mentality has been bleeped up after passing through school. It would be difficult now for me to humble myself to do an unskilled or semi-skilled job
Re: I Regret Going To School by gentlegenius(m): 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
bignoisemaker:
i did. I take 2 extra lessons but every thing (salary and lesson) doesn't amount to 30k. People in my hood are poor. They don't also value education
Someone asked you a good question here... What do they value?
Even if you don't know the answer to this, you can start making research and findings to discover what people in your area value so much. Then give that to them. By so doing you'll satisfy a need and make lots of money for yourself.

Value creation is what makes people rich, not jobs.
Unfortunately, nobody taught us this in school. School trains us to become employees, even in this era of no jobs, our parents and the government still deceives us that education from school is the key. When we suffer through school for many years and obtain this key, we become frustrated because the government themselves had changed the padlock, and the key we acquired becomes almost useless in our hands.
I can happily trade my certificate for any amount of money that is big enough to help me start a good investment.
I have already rejected many teaching jobs that promised a paycheck of 20-25k a month because I have learned now that investment is the key to riches, not jobs. I am better off staying idle than being underemployed.
I also regretted wasting my time and money in school because schools(especially in Nigeria) are not training people to succeed in life.
Education is good and it is actually the key. But the right kind of education that can help one to succeed in life is not taught in schools. They simply waste our time loading us with academics instead of education. Most of the world's richest and successful people didn't graduate from any school. Some simply dropped out of school when they discovered that schools are useless and will not offer them the right education they needed for success. Sadly, most parents in this country including mine have a wrong mentality about schools because they don't know that the world has changed.
My perspective about this issue changed only a few months ago when I started reading Robert Kiyosaki's books. If you haven't read a book called Rich Dad Poor Dad, pls find it and read it asap.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Going To School by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
bignoisemaker:
hmm.. But why do people make it seem like education is the only way out.

Now, my mentality has been bleeped up after passing through school. It would be difficult now for me to humble myself to do an unskilled or semi-skilled job
Honestly it would be difficult, but knw wat u want, wen u want it and how u want it. It's far better than being a broke ass graduate, just do what u love then it will be dat u are earning big 4rm doing what u want.
Re: I Regret Going To School by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 17, 2018
gentlegenius:

Even if you don't know the answer to this, you can start making research and findings to discover what people in your area value so much. Then give that to them. By so doing you'll satisfy a need and make lots of money for yourself.

Unfortunately, nobody taught us this in school. School trains us to become employees, even in this era of no jobs, our parents and the government still deceives us that education from school is the key. When we suffer through school for many years and obtain this key, we become frustrated because the government themselves had changed the padlock, and the key we acquired becomes almost useless in our hands.
I can happily trade my certificate for any amount of money that is big enough to help me start a good investment.
I have already rejected many teaching jobs that promised a paycheck of 20-25k a month because I have learned now that investment is the key to riches, not jobs. I am better off staying idle than being underemployed.
I also regretted wasting my time and money in school because schools(especially in Nigeria) are not training people to succeed in life.
Education is good and it is actually the key. But the right kind of education that can help one to succeed in life is not taught in schools. They simply waste our time loading us with academics instead of education. Most of the world's richest and successful people didn't graduate from any school. Some simply dropped out of school when they discovered that schools are useless and will not offer them the right education they needed for success. Sadly, most parents in this country including mine have a wrong mentality about schools because they don't know that the world has changed.
My perspective about this issue changed only a few months ago when I started reading Robert Kiyosaki's books. If you haven't read a book called Rich Dad Poor Dad, pls find it and read it asap.
You observed well, we were trained to be full time employees not employers of labour, dis made many poor and living average life.
Thinking about creative investment makes alot of sense, but the actual problem is dat out of 10 people, only 2 to 3 persons will encourage u to go further with ur project.
With patience, deligence and hardwork, in d space of 10yrs, any establishment u make should be worthwhile.
Re: I Regret Going To School by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2018
akeentech:
Broh, its neva too late, people who started it last week are already doing well, with 2k I can setup a blog for you or any other online business of your choice only that u have to be dedicated, committed, passion and patient.
i'm not good with technology. I can't even use corel draw talk more of managing a blog.

a job to write articles will suit me better
Re: I Regret Going To School by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 17, 2018
bignoisemaker:
i did. I take 2 extra lessons but every thing (salary and lesson) doesn't amount to 30k. People in my hood are poor. They don't also value education
Perhaps it's time you leave your hood. Just like in the Bible, Abraham had to leave home in order to be blessed.
Re: I Regret Going To School by akeentech(m): 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
bignoisemaker:
i'm not good with technology. I can't even use corel draw talk more of managing a blog.

a job to write articles will suit me better
contact me
Re: I Regret Going To School by Chigorkizz(m): 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2018
Bro.Go and learn drug retailing just for 1 year.set up a shop and see ur life change.
Re: I Regret Going To School by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 19, 2018
Desyner:
Why did you go to school ? Important question.
emm.. To make it big as I was told

Re: I Regret Going To School by Desyner: 11:46am On Feb 19, 2018
bignoisemaker:
emm.. To make it big as I was told
If I may ask, how does school/education impacts your chance of making it big in life? Another very important question.
Re: I Regret Going To School by Tunagee(m): 12:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
gentlegenius:

May God bless u so much beyond expectations. You have said it all.
Re: I Regret Going To School by Apination(m): 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
I bet ur regret would end d day u start earning millions with that certificate. If after spending at least four years in a higher institution and you still reason this way, then there's nothing anyone can do for you. You are underemployed but there are thousands of individuals in worse situation with better results and qualifications, so stop moaning like a bitch and take control of your life, I don't think anyone is forcing u to continue in ur place of workundecided
Re: I Regret Going To School by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Perhaps it's time you leave your hood. Just like in the Bible, Abraham had to leave home in order to be blessed.
hmm... True talk. Heard there's money in Lagos. But it might be tough for someone like me who doesn't know his way around
Re: I Regret Going To School by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
bignoisemaker:
hmm... True talk. Heard there's money in Lagos. But it might be tough for someone like me who doesn't know his way around
make that move.
Re: I Regret Going To School by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 26, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
make that move.
hmmm
Re: I Regret Going To School by SmellingAnus(m): 12:02am On Mar 27, 2018
Xinzu:
Me too, I studied biology yet I'm working with an electricity DISCO. That's bleeped.
the country is just messed up... Violence seems to even pay more in naija
Re: I Regret Going To School by twentyk(m): 1:19am On Mar 27, 2018
Its indeed hard times for many people....i have been looking for jobs up and down this month make person dey do at all at all,NOTHiNG....i mean nothing dey outside......the only work available for boys to do na FACTORY work and that one self get mad competition.....
U see jobs of 15k per month,20k,25....tell me in all honesty what a nigger got to do with such ridiculous amount in this harsh economy....Tell me wetin i go use 15k buy...shay na cloth,wrist watch,correct akube jean,i nor go chop...God con bless you you be gbadun boi,shayo nko,smoke etc...
No time ooo,na to sell coke remain so....olohun...allah...

(1) (2) (Reply)

(Pics) How To Steal Chicken This Christmas / Canada Work Visa Available / I just recorded a song with my Life Savings, I Feel Depressed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.