Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? (8178 Views)

Stupid Boys Comedy Episode 1-5 / Meet The Nigerians In The Movie "Black Panther" / See The Real Actress That Acted Dora Milaje In Avengers Black Panther (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Greatzeus(m): 11:49am On Feb 17, 2018
judgedredd22:

i think you probably need to learn how to speak and write english first. If not, you can as well write in your dialect, that is acceptable too! wink
Idiot, Mr epitomises grin
Phreakabit argued more intellectually and maturely,all you did was curse and insult to bring home your points.
Phreakabit just buried your ass alive.
Next time be humble and mature,don't come here to transfer your aggression on us,we are not your father,we are not responsible for your life,which turned out to be a failed project,we didn't physically abuse your mom and sexually abuse your sisters,you know where your dad lives or his buried,go there and curse him. tongue tongue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by IHate9jerianss(m): 11:50am On Feb 17, 2018
judgedredd22:

My good people, here is a good example of how people fail in their academics. grin

So in your reverse-educated mind, you actually think you made sense with this post?

In your supposed rant, you clearly thought the celebration was because the movie is about black panther. Sorry to burst your bubble but the celebration is not about black panther as a movie. It is a celebration of the movie industry coming full circle and giving a major headline, big budget movie a black cast steeped in excellence. If you still don't understand why it is a big deal, maybe you should first of all, get to studying (if you know how to) the history of race and racism in the film/movie industry.

Secondly, it is big in america mostly because the movie's (with it's historical significance and context) release is in February - which in America is Black History month. Get it? (that is also why the movie company slated the release to sync, for maximum effect and profits - it s still someone's biz you know cheesy )

Thirdly, within the context of the movie, though it might be fiction, it epitomises independence and excellence set in african landscape which is contrary to already formed opinions/stereotypes about africa as a land of uncivilized, primitive people in need of constant help and support (Que Donald Trump's 'shithole' comment some weeks ago). The movie is already helping to shape narratives towards the positive in this context. A whole lot of foreigners are ignorant in this aspect.

These issues may seem trivial to you, as a shortsighted individual that you are. If you ever lived outside the shores of the african continent then maybe you would begin to understand the weight of shaping narratives. Just like Chimamanda Adichie has been trying to do by shaping the mindsets of foreigners towards africa through FICTION and breaking away the laid down history from a single story point of view, as told by colonialists. I'm sure you never understood why she is widely celebrated.

So, next time before you start spewing brain farts, do some reading and studying on the subject in question before making a fool of yourself in public. And the music/soundtrack to the movie is not chiefly american music, if you must know. The artistes are mostly black and african (with exception of james blake), from europe, africa and america. Which on its own, is nod to the cohesion of the black race across continents.

Movies might be FICTION, but there's a lot that goes into movie projects by way of subliminal messaging which has a lot of stakes behind it.
Have you ever wondered what africa would have been like as at today, without the interference of the foreigners - arabian, european and american? That is the sub-message behind the movie and that is why blacks all over are hyped - it is about the social narrative, not FICTIONAL Black Panther. Maybe you should study some history and be informed context-wise. Before the slavery era, africans were technologically advanced and educated, and were kings in EUROPE, yes, the same europe!

You need to get your reasoning upgraded, from the kindergaten level where it is at the moment, to that of an aware black adult. READ!!
Perfect...just perfect BUT you can speak from now until next year and many of the folks on this thread will never "get you" because many Nigerians are self-loathers.That is why my monicker is what it is.(There is no need hating Nigerians when many of us hate ourselves already).I am very sure many of them already hated the movie for being called "black" panther and the lead protagonist wears an all "black" costume.They have no idea if other non-white people(asians,arabs,latins etc)had this type of movie on this type of platform,their "noise" for even worse pass sef

8 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Jokerman(m): 11:58am On Feb 17, 2018
judgedredd22:

My good people, here is a good example of how people fail in their academics. grin

So in your reverse-educated mind, you actually think you made sense with this post?

In your supposed rant, you clearly thought the celebration was because the movie is about black panther. Sorry to burst your bubble but the celebration is not about black panther as a movie. It is a celebration of the movie industry coming full circle and giving a major headline, big budget movie a black cast steeped in excellence. If you still don't understand why it is a big deal, maybe you should first of all, get to studying (if you know how to) the history of race and racism in the film/movie industry.

Secondly, it is big in america mostly because the movie's (with it's historical significance and context) release is in February - which in America is Black History month. Get it? (that is also why the movie company slated the release to sync, for maximum effect and profits - it s still someone's biz you know cheesy )

Thirdly, within the context of the movie, though it might be fiction, it epitomises independence and excellence set in african landscape which is contrary to already formed opinions/stereotypes about africa as a land of uncivilized, primitive people in need of constant help and support (Que Donald Trump's 'shithole' comment some weeks ago). The movie is already helping to shape narratives towards the positive in this context. A whole lot of foreigners are ignorant in this aspect.

These issues may seem trivial to you, as a shortsighted individual that you are. If you ever lived outside the shores of the african continent then maybe you would begin to understand the weight of shaping narratives. Just like Chimamanda Adichie has been trying to do by shaping the mindsets of foreigners towards africa through FICTION and breaking away the laid down history from a single story point of view, as told by colonialists. I'm sure you never understood why she is widely celebrated.

So, next time before you start spewing brain farts, do some reading and studying on the subject in question before making a fool of yourself in public. And the music/soundtrack to the movie is not chiefly american music, if you must know. The artistes are mostly black and african (with exception of james blake), from europe, africa and america. Which on its own, is nod to the cohesion of the black race across continents.

Movies might be FICTION, but there's a lot that goes into movie projects by way of subliminal messaging which has a lot of stakes behind it.
Have you ever wondered what africa would have been like as at today, without the interference of the foreigners - arabian, european and american? That is the sub-message behind the movie and that is why blacks all over are hyped - it is about the social narrative, not FICTIONAL Black Panther. Maybe you should study some history and be informed context-wise. Before the slavery era, africans were technologically advanced and educated, and were kings in EUROPE, yes, the same europe!

You need to get your reasoning upgraded, from the kindergaten level where it is at the moment, to that of an aware black adult. READ!!

Thank you bro for this write up... if many African blacks can read up... I think it will give a paradigm shift on things as this...

6 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by oseriki9: 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
Greatzeus:

Phreakabit argued more intellectually and maturely,all you did was curse and insult to bring home your points.
Next time be humble and mature,don't come here to transfer your aggression on us,we are not your father,we are not responsible for your life,which turned out to be a failed project,we didn't physically abuse your mom and sexually abuse your sisters,you know where your dad lives or his buried,go there and curse him. tongue tongue
Was insulting his family necessary.....you sound like a jss3 student

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by BushWickBill: 1:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:
Your points are useless as 'ueue' in the word queue.
Yes Wakanda is fictional, it depicts an Africa that could have been if we got our acts right.
It tells you there is nothing wrong in being in touch with your Africa roots and being advanced in society at the same time.
Forget the movie and focus on the story
As in.
He starts his post with "this is fiction" and "I used to read the comics".
He now wants to marry fiction with reality by bringing out senseless questions

If he can't see why this movie should be celebrated (I.e. the evolution of Hollywood to embrace an all black starring cast with reference to Africa) then he is as dumb as concrete.

6 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Greatzeus(m): 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
oseriki9:

Was insulting his family necessary.....you sound like a jss3 student
Necessary You mean unnecessarily Olodo,if I paid your school fees I would be ashamed grin
I made a simple statement,auto correct made one or two changes, this guy came and started talking poo. Besides I didn't insult his family,I only stated the fact that he abuses and transfers his aggression on people like a guy whose dad sexually abused his siblings tongue
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 1:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
BushWickBill:

As in.

If he can't see why this movie should be celebrated (I.e. the evolution of Hollywood to embrace an all black starring cast with reference to Africa) then he is as dumb as concrete.
lol... it's as simple as that bro.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by BushWickBill: 1:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
judgedredd22:

Couldn't have put it any better.
You give me hope that we still have articulate people and we are not doomed.

5 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by judgedredd22(m): 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2018
Greatzeus:

aaawwww... butt hurt much?
I see you actually tried to impress me by taking your time to compose that dim-witted tripe up there. You tried but... some things are still missing though. Don't worry your empty head, you might grow to fill it with sense and some modicum of knowledge sometime in the future, i hope grin

I am actually moved by the effort you made, so touching.... because i know rëtards like you have feelings too!

3 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Hoduwahishape: 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2018
[quote author=judgedredd22 post=65139232][/quote]
It's funny how you want to attack me, for not sharing your point of view.
Well, here is an analogy to help my argument.
I take it you are well traveled, so I will ask this question, have you ever been to a circus, fun fair or a zoo?
You will get the point I am trying to make when you respond.
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by judgedredd22(m): 1:42pm On Feb 17, 2018
BushWickBill:

Couldn't have put it any better.
You give me hope that we still have articulate people and we are not doomed.

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by BushWickBill: 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
judgedredd22:

aaawwww... butt hurt much?
I see you actually tried to impress me by taking your time to compose that dim-witted tripe up there. You tried but... some things are still missing though. Don't worry your empty head, you might grow to fill it with sense and some modicum of knowledge sometime in the future, i hope grin

I am actually moved by the effort you made, so touching.... because i know rëtards like you have feelings too!

Bro
Please I don't mean to tell you what you should be doing and it is your prerogative to associate with whoever you want to.
But I actually think that you shouldn't be responding to such low level form of intelligent discourse
I mean, a pig will gladly wrestle a man and get dirty and no one will bat an eyelid about it but the man will be seen as insane

You have made your points, salient and articulate. Anyone daft enough to argue otherwise should be left to his folly.

Nuff respect bro.

3 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by BushWickBill: 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2018
[quote author=judgedredd22 post=65142262][/quote]
No.

I applaud you for breaking ish down like an enzyme on an organic compound.

I'm impressed

People look at stuff that isn't important and think they are making an argument.

3 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by introvertedsoul: 2:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
It's hilarious how the people trying to discredit the OP's argument make absolutely no point other than:
"Thanks Judgedredd22 you have said well, bla bla bla"
And the guys supporting the OP actually make posts, stating why exactly they think the OP is right.
IMO, the OP completely tore holes into judgedredd's theory in his second post. Seems like even dredd walked away from the argument.
Just an observation.

5 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by oseriki9: 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2018
Greatzeus:

Necessary You mean unnecessarily Olodo,if I paid your school fees I would be ashamed grin
I made a simple statement,auto correct made one or two changes, this guy came and started talking poo. Besides I didn't insult his family,I only stated the fact that he abuses and transfers his aggression on people like a guy whose dad sexually abused his siblings tongue
Olodo? Says the guy who types his buried.
The same guy who thinks was insulting his family unnecessarily is correct.
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
phreakabit:
Okay I just had to make this thread with my free time, to address this issue. Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of black panther ever since I fist saw him in one of the Marvel comics I bought in my early high school days. I was absolutely hyped when I saw him in Avengers civil war. So when they announced 2 years ago, that they were making a movie solely for him. . . You could understand my excitement. However, my excitement has now become absolute detest for the whole thing with the sheer and willful exhibition of absolute IGNORANCE and stupidity by Africans regarding this movie. I get it, a whole lot of you want to behave and even be black Americans but we should realize, just because they do somethings and act a certain (dumb) way doesn't mean we should act that way too, after-all nobody made them the gold standard. I hear people saying victory for Africa, black power, black excellence, Finally, we did it! . . . Simply because of this movie based on FICTION. FICTION being the key word here. If it were Amadioha, Sango or some other arguably mythical being... or maybe Shaka Zulu or Pharaoh Taharka that would have been a different case and an acknowledgement of Africa's history. I can't tell you just how repulsed I am but this should sum it up and show you guys SCREAMING black power just how stupid you are.

1, The movie is based on FICTION : Getting emotional over it, is equivalent to when you felt bad as a child because hulk hogan lost a fight.

2, There was no original African music in the album : Highlife,Afrobeat,9ja contemporary,hiplife, kwaito,Soukous whatever! Just black Amerian music.

3, I don't remember seeing white people wearing greek Togas, Spartan capes, Roman togas or Viking helmets, hammers and battle axes when 300, Thor, Alexander the great movies were made. Shouting white power upanddan. Let alone a movie that is based on a fictional character from a place called Wakanda. So why are we going "BLACK POWER, BLACK EXCELLENCE, VICTORY FOR AFRICA" crazy?

4, Captain America is American,Bucky Barnes is American, Red Skull is German, Tony Stark is American, WHERE THE Bleep IS WAKANDA?!

5, What impact will this movie have on Africa in any way possible? Please somebody tell me because I just feel angry and embarassed by the ongoing foolery.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great movie and people should go out and see it, but screaming black power and wearing African attire and playing drums. . . come on, you guys are just epitomizing stupidity.

Lmao.

So when they announce star wars and white people become so excited and giddy, dress up with light sabers etc, or when they go for Comic Con dressed in superhero costumes that one is fine.

But once its black people dressed in Ankara etc, it's foolery?

You get big problem o. Your psyche needs help

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by LeSudAfricaine: 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
phreakabit:
Okay I just had to make this thread with my free time, to address this issue. Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of black panther ever since I fist saw him in one of the Marvel comics I bought in my early high school days. I was absolutely hyped when I saw him in Avengers civil war. So when they announced 2 years ago, that they were making a movie solely for him. . . You could understand my excitement. However, my excitement has now become absolute detest for the whole thing with the sheer and willful exhibition of absolute IGNORANCE and stupidity by Africans regarding this movie. I get it, a whole lot of you want to behave and even be black Americans but we should realize, just because they do somethings and act a certain (dumb) way doesn't mean we should act that way too, after-all nobody made them the gold standard. I hear people saying victory for Africa, black power, black excellence, Finally, we did it! . . . Simply because of this movie based on FICTION. FICTION being the key word here. If it were Amadioha, Sango or some other arguably mythical being... or maybe Shaka Zulu or Pharaoh Taharka that would have been a different case and an acknowledgement of Africa's history. I can't tell you just how repulsed I am but this should sum it up and show you guys SCREAMING black power just how stupid you are.

1, The movie is based on FICTION : Getting emotional over it, is equivalent to when you felt bad as a child because hulk hogan lost a fight.

2, There was no original African music in the album : Highlife,Afrobeat,9ja contemporary,hiplife, kwaito,Soukous whatever! Just black Amerian music.

3, I don't remember seeing white people wearing greek Togas, Spartan capes, Roman togas or Viking helmets, hammers and battle axes when 300, Thor, Alexander the great movies were made. Shouting white power upanddan. Let alone a movie that is based on a fictional character from a place called Wakanda. So why are we going "BLACK POWER, BLACK EXCELLENCE, VICTORY FOR AFRICA" crazy?

4, Captain America is American,Bucky Barnes is American, Red Skull is German, Tony Stark is American, WHERE THE Bleep IS WAKANDA?!

5, What impact will this movie have on Africa in any way possible? Please somebody tell me because I just feel angry and embarassed by the ongoing foolery.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great movie and people should go out and see it, but screaming black power and wearing African attire and playing drums. . . come on, you guys are just epitomizing stupidity.
I watched that movie yesterday. South African music was playing in that movie

7 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by gatoyi: 11:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
http://www.thisisyourconscience.com/2018/02/a-message-to-black-folks-planning-on-acting-extra-at-the-black-panther-premiere/

...As someone who did not arrive at the theatre in any type of traditional African cloth, or dressed up as any character from the film, or did not swag surf or bust the gwara gwara dance during the previews, I want to take a moment to address all of those who did act extra last night, and who are planning on acting extra at the premiere sometime this weekend:

GO-FUCKING-OFF.

Wear what the Bleep you want to wear and look fly as shit and take a million pictures and post them any and everywhere you can. Sing loud as Bleep before the movie or after it (just not during it!) and even attempt to hit the notes outside of your range. Dress up as Shuri, or T’Challa, or Killmonger, or WHOMEVER and make sure your costume is on point. Listen, gwan guh sneak a whole container of oxtail in the theatre if you must.

ENJOY YOUR FUCKING SELF.

And the absolute LAST thing in the world you should burden yourself with is wondering how your joy is inconveniencing any white person. Hell, if that white person is worth a damn, they will be wilding out in the theatre with you.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hmm never was a fan of Avengers movies like that.Black power my black a*s

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Dsov2016: 7:59am On Feb 18, 2018
BushWickBill:

As in.

but hollywood has been having all black staring cast since 1929

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by epospiky(m): 9:28am On Feb 18, 2018
Alright thanks for all the comments. Twas pleasurable reading them all. Whichever, it suffice to say that black panther is a dope movie. Now, anyone know where I can download a mobile � version of the movie?
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:13am On Feb 18, 2018
4llerbuntu:

Lmao.

So when they announce star wars and white people become so excited and giddy, dress up with light sabers etc, or when they go for Comic Con dressed in superhero costumes that one is fine.

this na killer punch...you made so much sense....dont mind him, he is the one exhibiting inferiority complex

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 18, 2018
phreakabit:

Well said bro, well said. Africans are just too emotional

4 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 18, 2018
Greatzeus:

Even Silverbird Cinema is not left out,they are hyping this black panther stuff no be small.
Yesterday in V.I, I saw a crowd of young people mostly girls, dressed scantically with a bus following them, playing music,a guy was at the front dressed in black panther custom walking like a hero. I later saw Silverbird logo on the girls' shirt and on the bus.
I was like na wa oh,has it gotten to this? grin

Marketing tactics bro. That small rally will get more people to go see the movie.. absolutely nothing wrong in that. I've see them do the same for captain America when the first avenger was released.

3 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 11:51am On Feb 18, 2018
Dsov2016:

Lol, don't mind them. Minuscule brained individuals with a myopic point of view , surely wouldn't have noticed that.
LMAO. I guess a white man made the movie Cotton goes to Harlem.

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2018
greenhulk:

Well said bro, well said. Africans are just too emotional

Cheers bro. The funny thing is everyone of them claiming to be highly learned, exposed and traveled. Have somehow eluded the post I made in response to Mr judgedredd22's post. . LMAO! You can clearly tell the uninformed loud mouthed type get scared when confronted with facts and evidence to back your argument. Someone actually said the movie had a cultural significance. . . . LMAO, The comic came out before the movement! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by BushWickBill: 12:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
Dsov2016:

Agreed.
But the scale of this film is no where near those films.
It's also directed by a black man and the budget is probably unprecedented in terms of black themed films.

Plus it's a critical look into what might have been if Africa had not been invaded by colonial forces.

There are so many reasons to celebrate it. It is not the usual film that stereotypes Africa for negativity (disease, poverty, illiteracy). It celebrates Africa as a possible technological power and its place as a moral compass in the world. It shows a world that possibly could turn to Africa as a solution for its problems. I could go on and on.

Those possibly previous all black movies always highlighted one problem or the other usually associated with Africa (12 years a slave, etc).

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by BushWickBill: 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
4llerbuntu:

Lmao.

This.

This should put the argument into proper perspective for those crying about a freaking movie since they don't want to evolve mentally.

Whites have done worse to Africans over the years and are still doing them but you don't hear them cry. Yet simpletons here are trying too hard to appear as an intellectuals.

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 12:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
4llerbuntu:

Lmao.

I'd send you 10k today if you show me a video of everyone in the Starwars/Startrek or any other non-fascist movie saying White power, White excellence, yada yada... I will wait. BTW, it appears a larger amount of individuals these days can't distinguish between race and fan-base. individuals of different nationality and race do the Startrek geek Vulcan hand salute. You should probably go back and read my post again. Comi-con is attended by individuals of every race, I never said cosplay was bad, but making a fictional movie a figure of racial excellence and defiance borders on retardation. I won't be convinced otherwise. As for the psyche reference. . . Have a look in the mirror. grin

There was a movie called Red Tails made in 2012 about African-American fighter pilots who were unsung world war heroes, also Hidden Figures made in 2016 about the first black female mathematicians who worked at NASA who calculated flight trajectories for Project Mercury and other missions .. . If we were shouting black power and showing defiance due to that, it would have been a different thing. But guess what? The movie bummed because dimwits refused to go watch it. The same ones celebrating fiction now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by 1mmanuel(m): 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2018
Black Panther is worth celebrating because it's the biggest superhero movie to feature a black superhero as the main character,most superheroes of marvel and DC have been of white or American origin . Second, it focuses on black Africa, a place which has been believed to be primitive ,here the movie brings out a beautiful version of Africa no one has ever imagined.
This movie might be one of the highest grossing movie of 2018, but unfortunately no credit will come to Africa but to Marvel Studios because it's an American company and it's their product.
It's now up to us to develop our own stories because another movie like black panther might never exist unless it comes from soil of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
1mmanuel:
Black Panther is worth celebrating because it's the biggest superhero movie to feature a black superhero as the main character,most superheroes of marvel and DC have been of white or American origin . Second, it focuses on black Africa, a place which has been believed to be primitive ,here the movie brings out a beautiful version of Africa no one has ever imagined.
This movie might be one of the highest grossing movie of 2018, but unfortunately no credit will come to Africa but to Marvel Studios because it's an American company and it's their product.
It's now up to us to develop our own stories because another movie like black panther might never exist unless it comes from soil of Africa.

I like your point of view and I agree with some of your points to an extent, but BLADE is a Marvel lead character and he has always been black.
Simple question now is, are we suppose to be yelling black power over a movie based on fiction ?

3 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Dsov2016: 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2018
BushWickBill:

Agreed.
But the scale of this film is no where near those films.
It's also directed by a black man and the budget is probably unprecedented in terms of black themed films.

Plus it's a critical look into what might have been if Africa had not been invaded by colonial forces.

There are so many reasons to celebrate it. It is not the usual film that stereotypes Africa for negativity (disease, poverty, illiteracy). It celebrates Africa as a possible technological power and its place as a moral compass in the world. It shows a world that possibly could turn to Africa as a solution for its problems. I could go on and on.

Those possibly previous all black movies always highlighted one problem or the other usually associated with Africa (12 years a slave, etc).

okay, but what u first said above is that its a critical look of how Africa might have been if not for colonization but for me while I might celebrate it, I would not take such celebration over the top because such celebration is not grounded in reality. Yes we have the potential to be great but such a film I would look at it as an insult because they are showing us what essentially we might have been if they had not enslaved and sucked us dry. What I would rather want is that this should spur us to be more than that fictional landscape than to be celebrating our being used as fiction. if we all are challenged rather than looking at this film as a victory, it is possible to get us to a contemporary Wakanda level in reality in our lifetime. I am just stating my personal opinion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Dangerous Sisters': A Movie Worth Watching? / Glo Splashes N500million On 10 Movie Stars / National Geographic Vs Discovery Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.