Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? (8177 Views)

Stupid Boys Comedy Episode 1-5 / Meet The Nigerians In The Movie "Black Panther" / See The Real Actress That Acted Dora Milaje In Avengers Black Panther (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 2:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
Dsov2016:

okay, but what u first said above is that its a critical look of how Africa might have been if not for colonization but for me while I might celebrate it, I would not take such celebration over the top because such celebration is not grounded in reality. Yes we have the potential to be great but such a film I would look at it as an insult because they are showing us what essentially we might have been if they had not enslaved and sucked us dry. What I would rather want is that this should spur us to be more than that fictional landscape than to be celebrating our being used as fiction. if we all are challenged rather than looking at this film as a victory, it is possible to get us to a contemporary Wakanda level in reality in our lifetime. I am just stating my personal opinion.

Bro, abeg make I put all the big grammar for side salute you like correct guy. You too wise!
You should leave these blind lames to revel in a cesspool of ignorance.
On the emboldened, check my post in the first page. In Captain America civil war, the same Marvel took a direct shot at Nigeria, there was nothing subliminal about the jibe they threw.
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by AAinEqGuinea: 6:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
Don't care too much about Marvel movies, including this one. Ill be more impressed with a Nnamdi Kanu bio

1 Like

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Csami(m): 1:20am On Feb 19, 2018
All this one you people are saying is none of me business but whenever I've decided to go see the Black Panther movie, I'm putting my Igbo attire (my ezeagu plus cap might even add bird feather sef). Black power o! White power o! Those one ain't my business, I just want to see a movie in my native attire and that's all.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 8:28am On Feb 19, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
I watched that movie yesterday. South African music was playing in that movie

Please mention the name of the song you heard.
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by LeSudAfricaine: 8:35am On Feb 19, 2018
phreakabit:

in the lab, where that girl Shuri designs tech for King T'chala , South African music is always playing in the background, I heard Babes Wodumo's Wololo, I also heard Busiswa's Gobisiqolo. not only that, five South African artists have been included in the official Black Panther soundtrack, also the South African language of isiXhosa is spoken in the movie

4 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by LeSudAfricaine: 8:38am On Feb 19, 2018
phreakabit:

the first guy you see on black panther wearing the panther suit is South African, so is the father of King T'chala and one of the wise elders of wakanda. that movie is teeming with South African influence

4 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by XhosaNostra(f): 8:38am On Feb 19, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
in the lab, where that girl Shuri designs tech for King T'chala , South African music is always playing in the background, I heard Babes Wodumo's Wololo, I also heard Busiswa's Gobisiqolo. not only that, five South African artists have been included in the official Black Panther soundtrack, also the South African language of isiXhosa is spoken in the movie

Americans have been flooding the Omunye video on YouTube, bathi they heard it from the movie. Is it true? Mzantsi got them irresistible beats, it's a fact!!!!!
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by LeSudAfricaine: 8:41am On Feb 19, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Americans have been flooding the Omunye video on YouTube, bathi they heard it from the movie. Is it true? Mzantsi got them irresistible beats, it's a fact!!!!!
yes I know such YouTube reaction videos, songs like Omunye, Midnight Starring are quite big in line like you won't believe. Nasty C is also very very admired by these people. No Omunye doesn't play, it was Gobisiqolo and Wololo and some other tracks, eintlik Gqom is all over that movie

1 Like

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by XhosaNostra(f): 8:46am On Feb 19, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
yes I know such YouTube reaction videos, songs like Omunye, Midnight Starring are quite big in line like you won't believe. Nasty C is also very very admired by these people. No Omunye doesn't play, it was Gobisiqolo and Wololo and some other tracks, eintlik From is all over that movie

No, not the reaction video but on the official video of the song. They've been saying that, so now I'm confused. But anyway, is the movie worth it? The hype kinda turned me off, so I've been indecisive about going.
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by LeSudAfricaine: 8:49am On Feb 19, 2018
XhosaNostra:

No, not the reaction video but on the official video of the song. They've been saying that, so now I'm confused. But anyway, is the movie worth it? The hype kinda turned me off, so I've been indecisive about going.
it is really good, I admit I also usually shy away from movies that draw so much hype, but this one is a really good movie, the plot is deeper, unlike many Marvel movies , you must check it out. I also like when they say "camagu" I'm like what? damn!

3 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 8:53am On Feb 19, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:

Thanks for pointing that out. However, you are totally missing my point here. I take it Babes song is Kwaito right?
But I am talking more about original African songs and not derivatives. Surely SA/ZA have original music right? They could have thrown that in somewhere. I keep referencing 300 because it was one of the best mix of European culture and modern influences. The Orchestra used were ancient styled Greek Orchestra, but at some point in the movie we still hear modern Rock (white peoples music).
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by XhosaNostra(f): 8:57am On Feb 19, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
it is really good, I admit I also usually shy away from movies that draw so much hype, but this one is a really good movie, the plot is deeper, unlike many Marvel movies , you must check it out. I also like when they say "camagu" I'm like what? damn!

Oh wow, thanks. I'll definitely check it out now.
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by LeSudAfricaine: 9:01am On Feb 19, 2018
phreakabit:

Thanks for pointing that out. However, you are totally missing my point here. I take it Babes song is Kwaito right?
But I am talking more about original African songs and not derivatives. Surely SA/ZA have original music right? They could have thrown that in somewhere. I keep referencing 300 because it was one of the best mix of European culture and modern influences. The Orchestra used were ancient styled Greek Orchestra, but at some point in the movie we still hear modern Rock (white peoples music).
Babes Wodumo's music is a sub genre called "Gqom". but what is original? "Gqom" is a genre found only is South Africa so I would argue that is original South African music and not a derivative of anything , if maybe you are referring to the likes of Salif Keita and Youssour n Dour, I would also argue that they also use western instruments to produce their music. I don't believe in white or black music, music is a mode of expression if you are a black guy and you express yourself better in rock why not?

4 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by LeSudAfricaine: 9:02am On Feb 19, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Oh wow, thanks. I'll definitely check it out now.
the villain of the movie " Erik Killmonger" played by Michael B Jordan, is worth the movie ticket on its own

3 Likes

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 9:18am On Feb 19, 2018
LeSudAfricaine:
Babes Wodumo's music is a sub genre called "Gqom". but what is original? "Gqom" is a genre found only is South Africa so I would argue that is original South African music and not a derivative of anything , if maybe you are referring to the likes of Salif Keita and Youssour n Dour, I would also argue that they also use western instruments to produce their music. I don't believe in white or black music, music is a mode of expression if you are a black guy and you express yourself better in rock why not?

Sorry about that I thought it was kwaitio. Anyways, where I come from there are ORIGINAL Igbo music (Ogene,Ikoro etc), we also have Igbo Highlife which is closely related to the aforementioned traditional Igbo music. The Yorubas have their own core traditional music and then have Fuji,Juju,akpala etc. . . I don't know how things works for you guys in South Africa but they are strikingly different over here. BTW, music has an origin and therefore has racial inclination as you say yourself, it is a way of expressing yourself. . . A humans emotions are after all impacted by external influences. Rock (not to be mistaken with Rock n roll) is more related to traditional Nordic/Germanic music.
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Kaycee7(m): 11:12am On Feb 19, 2018
Came to throttle the OP, ended up being enlightened on stuff I hadn't noticed. Dude has valid points
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by PurpleNneoma: 6:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by TheKingIsHere: 10:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
The stupidity displayed in this thread right from the OP down to his supporters are just too much to ignore.

It's a bit late, so I will address the OP and his bunch of clowns one after the other soon.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Clifford121(m): 11:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
Ticket price o jere �

phreakabit:
Okay I just had to make this thread with my free time, to address this issue. Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of black panther ever since I fist saw him in one of the Marvel comics I bought in my early high school days. I was absolutely hyped when I saw him in Avengers civil war. So when they announced 2 years ago, that they were making a movie solely for him. . . You could understand my excitement. However, my excitement has now become absolute detest for the whole thing with the sheer and willful exhibition of absolute IGNORANCE and stupidity by Africans regarding this movie. I get it, a whole lot of you want to behave and even be black Americans but we should realize, just because they do somethings and act a certain (dumb) way doesn't mean we should act that way too, after-all nobody made them the gold standard. I hear people saying victory for Africa, black power, black excellence, Finally, we did it! . . . Simply because of this movie based on FICTION. FICTION being the key word here. If it were Amadioha, Sango or some other arguably mythical being... or maybe Shaka Zulu or Pharaoh Taharka that would have been a different case and an acknowledgement of Africa's history. I can't tell you just how repulsed I am but this should sum it up and show you guys SCREAMING black power just how stupid you are.

1, The movie is based on FICTION : Getting emotional over it, is equivalent to when you felt bad as a child because hulk hogan lost a fight.

2, There was no original African music in the album : Highlife,Afrobeat,9ja contemporary,hiplife, kwaito,Soukous whatever! Just black Amerian music.

3, I don't remember seeing white people wearing greek Togas, Spartan capes, Roman togas or Viking helmets, hammers and battle axes when 300, Thor, Alexander the great movies were made. Shouting white power upanddan. Let alone a movie that is based on a fictional character from a place called Wakanda. So why are we going "BLACK POWER, BLACK EXCELLENCE, VICTORY FOR AFRICA" crazy?

4, Captain America is American,Bucky Barnes is American, Red Skull is German, Tony Stark is American, WHERE THE Bleep IS WAKANDA?!

5, What impact will this movie have on Africa in any way possible? Please somebody tell me because I just feel angry and embarassed by the ongoing foolery.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great movie and people should go out and see it, but screaming black power and wearing African attire and playing drums. . . come on, you guys are just epitomizing stupidity.
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Ignatio(m): 6:46am On Feb 23, 2018
introvertedsoul:
Yet to see the movie myself, so I can't tell if it is good or bad. Also, some of the points raise if not all are quite valid. However, my own opinion of the whole African pride and black renaissance based especially on instagram based on a fictional character and story. Better shame dey catch me.
I saw the Afrian Americans going to the cinema wearing African outfits and was like come on fam! This is just overkill. Only to see that Ghanaian cinema with people beating drums and all. . . I just tire. People can't get that it's fiction. I was an international website recently and people of other races were having a good laugh at some of the ridiculous black comments there about Black Panther. Someone even suggested that Black Panther should become the lead character in avengers. grin grin grin

Funny enough all the money is going to a white man's pocket. They sure know how to exploit us.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Ignatio(m): 6:51am On Feb 23, 2018
phreakabit:

Oh,look another redundantly stupid individual. With a ghost town for an imagination.

He probably must be among those that mocked comic readers. Now same comic gets turned to a movie and he's acting a sheepie over it.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by Ignatio(m): 7:18am On Feb 23, 2018
BushWickBill:

Agreed.
But the scale of this film is no where near those films.
It's also directed by a black man and the budget is probably unprecedented in terms of black themed films.

Plus it's a critical look into what might have been if Africa had not been invaded by colonial forces.

There are so many reasons to celebrate it. It is not the usual film that stereotypes Africa for negativity (disease, poverty, illiteracy). It celebrates Africa as a possible technological power and its place as a moral compass in the world. It shows a world that possibly could turn to Africa as a solution for its problems. I could go on and on.

Those possibly previous all black movies always highlighted one problem or the other usually associated with Africa (12 years a slave, etc).

Yes it's a great movie. A great platform for black actors and film crew. But please don't associate it with Africa. And in no way will Africa be like that. We sold ourselves for mirrors and fabrics. We destroyed ourselves just like some of us are doing over this thread and movie that doesn't belong to us.
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by phreakabit(m): 7:47am On Feb 23, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
The stupidity displayed in this thread right from the OP down to his supporters are just too much to ignore.

It's a bit late, so I will address the OP and his bunch of clowns one after the other soon.

Please do. It will be a pleasure to see what your brain comes up with.
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by BushWickBill: 9:22am On Feb 23, 2018
Ignatio:

Yes it's a great movie. A great platform for black actors and film crew. But please don't associate it with Africa. And in no way will Africa be like that. We sold ourselves for mirrors and fabrics. We destroyed ourselves just like some of us are doing over this thread and movie that doesn't belong to us.
It's fiction.
I'm not caught up on the film's content. I'm only saying that from a historical perspective, the movie gives series of nods to Africa and its potential for greatness.

And we did not sell ourselves.
We were plundered to the bones by the western/European imperialists. The movie even alludes to that in a scene. There is an artifact of the Bini Bronze mask shown in a museum during the film, showing the historical links to factual occurrences as regards the same Africa.

Like I said, the film does not depict Africa as a backward, third rate sh1tzone as most movies tend to. That in itself is enough for me. At least someone realizes that there is more to Africa, even if you don't.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by loverence(m): 12:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
op your post have no point...black panther is a marvel franchise..having a black hero on it is nice,there is no south America or British on it...and by the way the best movies that makes money now are fiction,its the first black movie to land in top 5 in its first week...menhhh go fix your brain

1 Like

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by loverence(m): 12:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
go watch the movie and you will know why it's being celebrated by africans....

1 Like

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by sirfee(m): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

Some of una for here no get sense at all. How can an african's source of "black pride" or "black power" be based on a work of fiction? I am 100% a fan of black panther BUT ABEG IT IS FICTION. Anyone who's source of black pride is based on black panther should be ashamed of himself or herself.
I'm a big fan too but Africans should stop this stupid hyping.
Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by ba7man(m): 11:31am On Feb 25, 2018
Whoops.

Re: Black Panther : Why Is Everyone Acting So Stupid? by AAinEqGuinea: 7:09am On May 25, 2018
Just saw the movie and retract portions of my previous comment.

Black Panther was a great movie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Movies In Mp4 720p Format / I Just Saw LUCA (2021) (download Link Available) / 'Dangerous Sisters': A Movie Worth Watching?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.