Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits (22576 Views)

Tinubu/Oyegun Rift: APC Governors Back Oyegun / APC Reconciliation: Tinubu Meets Saraki and Kwankwaso / APC Reconciliation: Tinubu In Dilemma Over Grouse With Saraki, Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by ijustdey: 10:43am On Feb 17, 2018
BUHARI’S INTENTION IN PUBLIC DOMAIN ―FORMER LAGOS GOVERNOR

Taiwo Amodu - Abuja

The cold war between the national leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the embattled national chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie Oyegun played out at the national secretariat of the ruling party on Wednesday when the former visited the national working committee led by the latter.

The former Lagos state governor was last Tuesday announced as chairman of a reconciliation committee by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Addressing the gathering of his guest and his colleagues in the national working committee, Chief Oyegun feigned ignorance of the assignment Asiwaju Tinubu has been saddled with as he pleaded to be informed of the terms of reference of the troubleshooting team while equally assuring the former Lagos state governor of his leadership support.

Oyegun said:’’ I welcome you here, there is no question at all that there are major issues in the National Assembly, major issues in Kano, Kogi and Benue which is the current challenge.

‘’We promise to make your assignment the most successful one, you are most welcome and I know you are here to brief us and tell us how you want to proceed and how we fit into the picture and the way we will take it up.’’

In his response, Tinubu declared that President Buhari was worried about the crises rocking certain state chapters of the party across the federation. He further said, putting the party in good shape in those states was imperative ahead of the 2019 general elections. He also stated that while the crises in states chapters were known to all and sundry, he would be willing to hear from Chief Oyegun if the national secretariat was also embroiled in crisis.

He said: ‘’ It is a great honour to be before you as one of the leaders of this party. I am here to consult since you are already aware of the directive and announcement of the President who is the leader of our party and the President of this country.

‘’I came here for consultations.

Consultation, since you are aware of the assignment given to me by the president and I, am all ears to listen to various challenges that we have. We have this party and we all worked hard.

After the last convention of the party, congresses were held from various wards to elect representatives from the ward, local government and states levels as well as the national level.

‘’We worked hard for victory. We have never governed before, but we won the confidence of Nigerians to govern. We have a creed to really serve the country, change and reform the country. It is not easy to have those changes implemented like instant coffee. We have to grow it and face challenges. I sympathize with us and we should equally look at ourselves.

Since we won the election, the expectations were very high and the goodwill was extremely high. But where are we today? The solution is to seek opinion and advice on the various complex around some states or if there is any national one, to reconcile, move the party in a cohesive manner and reposition if any and build the confidence in ourselves.

‘’The challenges faced by our government and the president is enormous. It is only because people are not paying attention to the various statistics that are available and we have to push that I won’t touch those areas yet. The challenges of security, the challenges of reforms and re-engineering the finances of this country, stopping the corruption and challenging the status quo to change and reform ourselves is there. It doesn’t go away overnight.

You work on and work hard at it. For us, we have been patient, we have persevered to have this victory, but how are we now? We should equally face the immediate medium and serious challenges that politically, we will be facing.

I believe that our party is the hope of Nigeria to improve quality of lives and we will do that.’’ The meeting later dissolved into a closed-door session.

Speaking with newsmen at the end of the meeting which lasted for almost four hours, Asiwaju Tinubu said he came to the party national secretariat as part of his consultation.

National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi said the party national working committee was ready to cooperate with the former Lagos state governor to ensure the success of his assignment.

‘’ We are all happy to work together, we are delighted that Asiwaju has been given this assignment as our leader and we are all ready to cooperate with him. In this meeting, we all made it very clear that we want to work with him and we want to work together and the national chairman said whatever way we need to support him in this assignment, we shall all do.’’

Asked on the terms of reference of the Committee, Mallam Abdullahi ‘’said the terms of reference was very clear. To look at areas of the country, where we have issues. As a political party, definitely, we must have issues. We know what the issues are. So, the terms of reference are very clear. Where we have the disagreement, we must make amends as we prepare ahead for the next election.’’

On the composition of the troubleshooting team, the party publicity secretary, however, said ‘’only AsiwajuTinubu knows those to work with.

He has been given the assignment, he is going to decide how to run the assignment. He has consulted with us and we are going to work with him.’’

Nigerian Tribune checks revealed that the former Lagos state governor and the national chairman of the party had in 2016 engaged each other in media diatribe following the controversy that trailed the Ondo state governorship primary that produced Rotimi Akeredolu, the incumbent governor as the party standard bearer for the November 2016 election.

Tinubu in a scathing statement entitled, “Oyegun’s Ondo fraud: The violation of democracy in the APC,” demanded Oyegun’s resignation.

The former Lagos state governor said the APC’s democratic credential had been dealt a big blow by Odigie-Oyegun’s conduct, especially with his handling of the outcome of the Ondo State governorship primary. He said the APC was a party borne out of the quest for democratic good governance, arguing that the ideology was currently under a critical threat ‘’by those who managed to be in the party but were never part of it.’’

“If the party can not justly govern itself, it will find it difficult to establish and maintain just government throughout the nation,” he said.

On October 8, 2016, few days after his meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, the APC National Chairman released a full response to the allegations levelled against him by Tinubu, over the outcome of the Ondo State governorship primary election.

Oyegun, in a rejoinder he personally signed titled ‘The Facts – 2016 Ondo State APC Governorship Election Primaries,’’ described the content of the widely publicized statement by the media office of Tinubu as “reckless and baseless.”

Oyegun said he was angered by the false accusation of corruption, rigging the outcome of the primary and overruling the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) “vote” on the Election Appeal Committee Report.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/apc-reconciliation-tinubu-oyegun-battle-wits/

lalasticlala
Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by divinehand2003(m): 10:49am On Feb 17, 2018
The cold war between the duo go soon be hot war. We already know the loser. Funny enough, no need for this war because their master will be sent back to Daura come 2019.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by EASY39(m): 10:53am On Feb 17, 2018
Trouble Continue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by Kyase(m): 11:01am On Feb 17, 2018
divinehand2003:
The cold war between the duo go soon be hot war. We already know the loser. Funny enough, no need for this war because their master will be sent back to Daura come 2019.
I laugh. Hahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by desgiezd(m): 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2018
If Odigie Oyegun as the Chairman along with his other team members in the Exco have done their jobs effectively, there wouldn't have been any need for a Reconciliation Committee because all issues would have been faced headlong and settled before they get out of hand.

After the election, the Exco went to sleep, no convention was held for almost 3 years and even the BOT didn't hold any meeting for the same period of time and they think there won't be issues.

Even PMB too has not been forthcoming as a leader of the Party. His quietness has dealt a major blow to the psyche of the Party.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by 48noble(m): 12:49pm On Feb 17, 2018
In his response, Tinubu declared that President Buhari was worried about the crises rocking certain state chapters of the party across the federation. He further said, putting the party in good shape in those states was imperative ahead of the 2019 general elections. He also stated that while the crises in states chapters were known to all and sundry, he would be willing to hear from Chief Oyegun if the national secretariat was also embroiled in crisis.

[/quote]

Oga Na Master

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by fulaniHERDSman(m): 12:59pm On Feb 17, 2018
Well this is how we gonna do this.

Fvck Tinubbu, fvck Oyegoon, fvck Buari
Fvck all BMC staff, Building inmates @ Utako and all their motherfvcking NL crew
And if you want to be down with APC, then fvck you too
LIAR XL, fvck you too
All you motherfvckers, fvck you too (take money, take money)
All of y'all mother fvckers, fvck you, die slow, motherfvcker
Our PVCs make sure all y'all kids don't grow
.... cool cool

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by Excusemeh: 12:59pm On Feb 17, 2018
cry
Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by satowind(m): 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
APC party of liars

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by seanswitch(m): 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
The battle will be at the polling unit with my neatly preserved Pvc. Don't care about any other battle between folks who benefit from whatever it is Nigeria has to offer.

4 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by TheKingIsHere: 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
Oyegun is bigger than Tinubu cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by engrjacuzzi: 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
APC is a party of confusion.

3 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by YINKS89(m): 1:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
In desperate times dey cal on tinubu..... U beta use ur brain b4 Ts too late.

3 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by tiredoflife(m): 1:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
The first rain of the year kicked off a few days back
I was wondering if it will ever rain
This change has really taken anything sane in this country
We woke up to hear that the jagaban himself has being appointed the man to bring back all angry APC leaders back to the fold
And I recalled bukola saraki saying a ludo player in Lagos wants to play chess in abuja
How dumb can this man be
This brought me back to a story
I remember back then in secondary school
Emeka njoku and I went to steal a pot of rice from the school kitchen
We succeeded
Took it to the dormitory
Ate it
But the labour prefect Lanre Plo Ogunoye heard about the missing pot of rice
And after investigation called emeka
And emeka mentioned my name
I was called
And senior Lanre
Gave me a cane
With the instruction that any lie told against me by emeka
I should flog him
And I stood by as emeka kept singing like a bird
I couldn't raise my hand to strike one blow of cane
That was how I was tamed to agreeing I am a thief too
Same thing is playing out in national politics
My people say if u no want u money to lost
Give it to the main thief of the house to keep it for you
Tinubu is the known chairman of the angry people of APC
The beginning of this government saw him being ridiculed when he wanted to be addressed as the national leader of the party
He was ridiculed by the Presidency with many articles to force him back to his local politics
His cries were not listened to
Today he like a used plate
Which was used to eat amala and ewedu
And tossed under the bed
Has being brought out
The use wash rinse and repeat strategy they use the south west for since 1960 has begun
The middle belt is shaking with the herdsmen killings
The APC is using thier political calculator
2/3 majority votes is the aim
The south south is gone
The south east is gone
North east is in the bag
North west too is in the pocket
The middle belt is 50/50
The south west is the only zone that will do anything if promised presidency
All thanks to tinubu
Awolowo was promised same
To side the federal government during the civil war
He got nothing till
I heard he drank rat poison
How true is this
No one knows
Abiola took leadership
Was courted
Promised the presidency
He also died in the hands of the gambaris
Tinubu is being courted again
Promised things
He is to lead his people to the hands of his Fulani lords
I don't believe he is doing this with a clear mind
He must ve being threatened
He is cowed to do their biddings
How he comes out a winner in this will tell a lot if he now a master chess player or like always the Lagos island ludo champion cry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by fyneguy: 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
A misleading headline.

Nothing in the piece suggests any cold war. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by 12submarine(m): 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
fyneguy:
A misleading headline.

Nothing in the piece suggests any cold war. Nonsense!
You are a good reader. I saw most of the comments above, what I see is illiteracy and mental laziness on display.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:

Fvck all BMC staff, Building inmates @ Utako and all their motherfvcking NL crew
LIAR XL, fvck you too
.... cool cool

...and fvck you too!

3 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by Iamzik: 1:34pm On Feb 17, 2018
Two boys are fighting. You then call one of them to settle thesame fight he is involved in.

APC stupidity is like peakmilk. It's in them

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by Ekiseme(m): 1:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
I don't give a fụck
Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by guardsman: 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2018
OK o.
Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by kernel504(m): 2:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
desgiezd:
If Odigie Oyegun as the Chairman along with his other team members in the Exco have done their jobs effectively, there wouldn't have been any need for a Reconciliation Committee because all issues would have been faced headlong and settled before they get out of hand.

After the election, the Exco went to sleep, no convention was held for almost 3 years and even the BOT didn't hold any meeting for the same period of time and they think there won't be issues.

Even PMB too has not been forthcoming as a leader of the Party. His quietness has dealt a major blow to the psyche of the Party.

I hate the judgment of most Yorubas regarding their interest. The whole crisis started when Tinubu wanted to impose candidates in both chambers, and they express their right to choose, and your hate for Saraki and Dogora started.

Where you expecting Oyegun to be more loyal to Tinubu than the president?

2 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by datribune: 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
Oyegun is APC's problem. He has zero leadership qualities. All d time, with all d APC problems & d guy is just there unbothered. He needs to give way for a real politician who can solve problems within d party.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by anibirelawal(m): 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2018
I SEE NO FIGHT HERE!
Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by juddy4life: 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
Tinubu beware! otherwise, your political popularity will soon crach. Once beaten twice shy. Shine your eyes shocked shocked grin grin
Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by omenkaLives(m): 2:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
This Oyegun seems to have become a major clog in the wheel of progress of this great Party. angry

1 Like

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by ogbeniolola: 2:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
Battle of wits ko; battle of tits ni!.....it's a figment of your useless imagination; you better wake up from your codeine hallucination!
Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by Nasir123(m): 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2018
tiredoflife:
The first rain of the year kicked off a few days back
I was wondering if it will ever rain
This change has really taken anything sane in this country
We woke up to hear that the jagaban himself has being appointed the man to bring back all angry APC leaders back to the fold
And I recalled bukola saraki saying a ludo player in Lagos wants to play chess in abuja
How dumb can this man be
This brought me back to a story
I remember back then in secondary school
Emeka njoku and I went to steal a pot of rice from the school kitchen
We succeeded
Took it to the dormitory
Ate it
But the labour prefect Lanre Plo Ogunoye heard about the missing pot of rice
And after investigation called emeka
And emeka mentioned my name
I was called
And senior Lanre
Gave me a cane
With the instruction that any lie told against me by emeka
I should flog him
And I stood by as emeka kept singing like a bird
I couldn't raise my hand to strike one blow of cane
That was how I was tamed to agreeing I am a thief too
Same thing is playing out in national politics
My people say if u no want u money to lost
Give it to the main thief of the house to keep it for you
Tinubu is the known chairman of the angry people of APC
The beginning of this government saw him being ridiculed when he wanted to be addressed as the national leader of the party
He was ridiculed by the Presidency with many articles to force him back to his local politics
His cries were not listened to
Today he like a used plate
Which was used to eat amala and ewedu
And tossed under the bed
Has being brought out
The use wash rinse and repeat strategy they use the south west for since 1960 has begun
The middle belt is shaking with the herdsmen killings
The APC is using thier political calculator
2/3 majority votes is the aim
The south south is gone
The south east is gone
North east is in the bag
North west too is in the pocket
The middle belt is 50/50
The south west is the only zone that will do anything if promised presidency
All thanks to tinubu
Awolowo was promised same
To side the federal government during the civil war
He got nothing till
I heard he drank rat poison
How true is this
No one knows
Abiola took leadership
Was courted
Promised the presidency
He also died in the hands of the gambaris
Tinubu is being courted again
Promised things
He is to lead his people to the hands of his Fulani lords
I don't believe he is doing this with a clear mind
He must ve being threatened
He is cowed to do their biddings
How he comes out a winner in this will tell a lot if he now a master chess player or like always the Lagos island ludo champion cry

Thank you.
U said the plain truth.
And that's why people like myself are in support of true federalism.
That's the only way Nigeria can Work.

2 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by Nasir123(m): 2:33pm On Feb 17, 2018
Some people can't see this.

If someone like Oyegun can't manage APC,how can Buhari manage Nigeria?

You can't give what you don't have. And that applied to all the available political parties in Nigeria right now.

People should wake up.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by ClumsyFlimsy: 2:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:

LIAR XL, fvck you too
.... cool cool
Ma nigger grin

5 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by Nasir123(m): 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2018
12submarine:

You are a good reader. I saw most of the comments above, what I see is illiteracy and mental laziness on display.

The cold war is,if the executive arms of a ruling party can't maintain discipline in her fold,that party is doomed to fail the nation.

If Oyegun did his job properly, Tinubu wouldn't have been there for this purpose.
There is a cold war already.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconciliation: Tinubu, Oyegun In Battle Of Wits by headhunter1: 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
[s]
omenkaLives:
This Oyegun seems to have become a major clog in the wheel of progress of this great Party. angry
[/s]
apc is bokoharam and a criminal herdsmen party
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond and a Hopless bastard vagabond

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Decides 2023: Presidential Contest Is Between Atiku, Obi – Dogora / I’ll Be At Presidential Tribunal Court On Friday – Lamidi Apapa Vows / Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.