Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:03 PM

Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify (2580 Views)

500k Uber Vehicle Needed / Hire Purchase Vehicle / Putting A Vehicle On "E" Hailing Business Uber/taxify. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hello All!

Please I am on the look-out for any individual (or corporate entity) willing to subscribe to a hire-purchase vehicle acquisition plan. The said vehicle I intend to use on the Uber/Taxify platform to generate the fund needed for full payment of the vehicle within the allotted and agreed time span.

I am willing to subscribe to a repayment plan spanning 18-24 months. I will be remitting to my principal a minimum of N40, 000 and a maximum of 50, 000 weekly. Unfortunately, I do not have any equity contribution.

The aforementioned figures were arrived at after exhaustive research (informed by first-hand information garnered from existing subscribers [63 subscribers cutting across married and single individuals to this vehicle acquisition plan via Uber/Taxify platform were interviewed by myself] and officials of Uber and Taxify) and co-relating the results of the research with extant variables relative to the business and its environment (cost of fuel, availability of fuel, vehicle downtime due to maintenance schedule, in-sensitiveness of fellow road users,temperamental fares, commission rate, toll fees, insurance, average work hours in a day, acts of God etc.).

I did not confer with any provider of a hire-purchase service as it was not pertinent to the information I was seeking (striking a balance between what is practical and what can be termed overambitious [hence not feasible] in respect to how much money can be remitted weekly/monthly to the principal). I discovered in my research that situations where individuals promise to remit weekly/monthly amounts way over what is practical in a bid to convince a potential principal to buy into their plan is very common. Not surprisingly, more than 90% of these individual renege on remitting these sums to their principal hence the deal being DOA.

I do not fall into this category of persons given my pragmatic outlook on the affairs of life. I always strive for a win-win situation in all my business and personal dealings hence the sums I have projected to remit to my principal on a weekly basis. I am taking my time to explain this aspect of my proposal (never minding how inexhaustive it may look [the finer details can be worked out when I meet with a potential principal]) as it happens to be the crux of the whole business arrangement.

WHY I AM DOING THIS

I have decided to toe this path given my current job and financial situation. I am one individual who espouses the philosophy that it is not so much what life throws at you that matters but how you deal with it. Everyone falls sometime but, only the wise, brave and intrepid in spirit learn from the situation, get up, dust themselves over and move on. I do not believe so much in “hand-outs” rather believing in investing my time and thoughts in productive labour that would yield positive and far-reaching results temporally and spiritually. I espouse a philosophy that believes hard-work, determination and faith can get you places hence my professional antecedents notwithstanding, it is a decision I have carefully thought over and embraced.

WHY I TOOK MY TIME

I have been looking for a clean, mechanically sound and fairly priced direct tokunbo vehicle (Toyota Camry or Corolla, Honda, Hyundai and the like). I am sure we all understand why (fuel efficiency, low maintenance cost among others). The offers I have been getting are Naija used vehicles that may give me so much mechanical problems and we all know what this means (time lost at mechanic workshops which in turn informs poor revenue turnover which again occasions inability to meet up with payments thus leading to general frustration-something I can do without).

WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER ME

I am an experienced driver with a valid driver license. I reside in Lagos and I am a man on a mission (not a mission to renege on agreements made!)

Assuming the vehicle is in shipshape condition mechanically and aesthetically (clean, direct tokunbo without ANY problems), you can be rest assured that I will keep to my end of the bargain. No stories whatsoever. My knowledge and skill in business development, sales, KAM, marketing and communication will come in handy in the course of carrying out my driving duties all to the end of ensuring that I work efficiently and effectively thus maximising profit (earnings per day) and minimising cost (owing to poor relationship with fares, lackadaisical attitude to vehicle maintenance, lost production time due to loafing about and inability to prioritise etc). I am a hardworking man with a goal and time is of the essence (hence my decision to plan my work and work my plan in the bid to be free of any financial obligation to my potential principal within 18-24 months thereafter moving on to other projects). I can understand some people thinking “he is just speaking grammar, wait till he sees how it is…”. To such people I say this; I have been in professions that saw me working in the field in "hands-on" mode, delivering on targets that were quite challenging for years so, I am no stranger to the “streets”. I thrive on challenges.

SPECIFICS OF THE IDEAL VEHICLE

Brand: A Toyota Camry or Corolla, Honda Civic or Hyundai Accent, Elantra or Sonata and also sedans from the Kia family. (other low- maintenance cost vehicles can be considered also). The vehicle would have been manufactured from 2007 upwards. The sport version of these vehicles would be ideal. It should be painted glossy Black or Silver with Alloy Rims. Leather upholstery would be very welcome.

Status: An automatic low mileage Tokunbo. Mechanically sound and aesthetically clean. Easy to look at. All systems (mechanical and electrical) are a go!

Please note that the above specifications are for the [i]ideal [/i]vehicle. Vehicles that do not meet the specifics but are nonetheless mechanically sound and clean are very welcome. The only condition that cannot be compromised is the Tokunbo state of the vehicle. Recently acquired Naija used can be considered (less than or equal to 3 months post purchase). I am sure we all understand why I am insisting on this.

Apologies for the long epistle, just wanted to come out clear. If you are disposed to considering my offer please reach me via 08023735830 or leave your contact (mobile no or email) and I will reach out to you (unfortunately, I am currently not on WhatsApp so may not be able to reach out via that medium).

Hoping to hear from you and thanks for your time and consideration.

Warmest Regards,

A.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hello!

Still waiting on a potential principal.

Questions are very welcome please.

Thanks.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
For potential investors with queries, you may check put same post in the Car Talk room.

Find the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/4353370/hire-purchase-vehicle-needed-uber-taxify#65141636
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 18, 2018
Good morning all!

Still bugging everyone about my proposal. If anyone is slightly interested, we could talk and our discussion would be the deciding factor relative to my MO making sound business sense or not.

Looking forward to our talks.

Thanks.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by frenchman(m): 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2018
What about a 2006/corolla
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 18, 2018
frenchman:

Thanks for the reply.

Please let's talk and I'll prove to you why and how you'll get your weekly earnings.

Please call 0802 373 5830, or leave your number via PM (if you're concerned about being bombarded with requests) so I can call.

Regards

A.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
frenchman:

Please if you can't reach me via one number kindly use the other.

Regards,

A.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2018
For more info on the issue, kindly see the thread outlined in an earlier post.

Thanks.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hello all!

Still waiting on the call.

Regards.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by eboreimepeter: 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
Having a vehicle and no time to check on the paper expiry date? Why don't you contact Verra by just signing up with VERRA Reminder? Its simply free to the public. Sign up through this link and avoid embarrassment from the law enforcement agents.[b][/b] http://www.verra.com.ng/about.html

Andalucia:
For potential investors with queries, you may check put same post in the Car Talk room.

Find the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/4353370/hire-purchase-vehicle-needed-uber-taxify#65141636

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Phermoskie18: 4:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
Lovely sunny day the big brothers in the house pls I wanted to know if it's only comprehensive insurance that both uber and taxify accept or any insurance like third party insurance !!!
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2018
Still hanging in here...
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2018
Do give a brother a call. Let's reason together.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by vpaymoney(m): 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
You are not not being realistic with those figure you cook up there. No one will want to fall for your sweet talk trick or maybe you should do a recent research on how much is feasible per WK will not only do you and other prospective drivers good but also give a clue of what is obtainable. I like your marketing skill tho' but be realistic and real people will come your way. The days when Uber biz is hot is over and no serious investors want to invest in 2007 specs when Uber has relegated to year 2000 upward. So Oga be real.

1 Like

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
vpaymoney:
You are not not being realistic with those figure you cook up there. No one will want to fall for your sweet talk trick or maybe you should do a recent research on how much is feasible per WK will not only do you and other prospective drivers good but also give a clue of what is obtainable. I like your marketing skill tho' but be realistic and real people will come your way. The days when Uber biz is hot is over and no serious investors want to invest in 2007 specs when Uber has relegated to year 2000 upward. So Oga be real.

Thanks for your reply (and by the way it's not "sweet talk". I respect people's intelligence too much to take them for fools).

Going forward, like I said, I'm done arguing back and forth about this. Let anyone who is interested call and we'll talk but how feasible my "sweet talk" is.

Also, my research is not outdated. It's as updated as 00.00am, 20th February, 2018.

Again, while understanding your position, I still make bold to claim that a lot of one's view on issues is informed by one's own experience and hearsay (most times not even verified for accuracy before being bandied about as law) so, speak for yourself.

Thanks for your opinion nonetheless.

P.S. I seriously take exemption to your terming my proposal a "sweet talk trick". Again, no one is being forced to accede to my request. Do weigh your words carefully before publishing.

1 Like

Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hello all!

Still waiting on a call from informed investors.

Dial the number, you'd be glad you did!
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hi everyone!

It's the weekend!

Make sure one of the things you do this weekend is giving me a call. It'd be one of the smartest things you did in recent times

Believe that.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 24, 2018
It is a cool Saturday morning with the air so, crisp and clean courtesy of the downpour in the early hours of the morning.

It's a wonderful time to place that call don't you think? Let's be business partners via this quest of mine. I Assure you you'd be the better for it as you won't regret making my acquaintance.

Call now!
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by frenchman(m): 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
your specs are a little bit too high for the weekly remittances you quoted. i think you should be more realistic
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
frenchman:
your specs are a little bit too high for the weekly remittances you quoted. i think you should be more realistic

Hello!

You may have noticed that I used the word "Ideal" to qualify my statement relative to the specs I needed. As we both know, the ideal while needed may not always be available hence we have to make do with the next best thing. This means that should I not secure the ideal vehicle, I'd make do with something close to it as again we both may know that a very sound vehicle is key to making good on the deliverables.

Thanks for stopping by, it is appreciated (was getting tired of hearing my own voice!).
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
Greetings!

Still here...
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 27, 2018
Hello!

Still waiting and calling on informed Principals.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 01, 2018
Hello All!

It's the first day of a new month and a perfect time for you to make that call.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2018
Still hanging in here people.

Do call so we can relate.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2018
Hello all!

Still here...
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2018
Andalucia:
Hello All!

Please I am on the look-out for any individual (or corporate entity) willing to subscribe to a hire-purchase vehicle acquisition plan. The said vehicle I intend to use on the Uber/Taxify platform to generate the fund needed for full payment of the vehicle within the allotted and agreed time span.

I am willing to subscribe to a repayment plan spanning 18-24 months. I will be remitting to my principal a minimum of N40, 000 and a maximum of 50, 000 weekly. Unfortunately, I do not have any equity contribution.

The aforementioned figures were arrived at after exhaustive research (informed by first-hand information garnered from existing subscribers [63 subscribers cutting across married and single individuals to this vehicle acquisition plan via Uber/Taxify platform were interviewed by myself] and officials of Uber and Taxify) and co-relating the results of the research with extant variables relative to the business and its environment (cost of fuel, availability of fuel, vehicle downtime due to maintenance schedule, in-sensitiveness of fellow road users,temperamental fares, commission rate, toll fees, insurance, average work hours in a day, acts of God etc.).

I did not confer with any provider of a hire-purchase service as it was not pertinent to the information I was seeking (striking a balance between what is practical and what can be termed overambitious [hence not feasible] in respect to how much money can be remitted weekly/monthly to the principal). I discovered in my research that situations where individuals promise to remit weekly/monthly amounts way over what is practical in a bid to convince a potential principal to buy into their plan is very common. Not surprisingly, more than 90% of these individual renege on remitting these sums to their principal hence the deal being DOA.

I do not fall into this category of persons given my pragmatic outlook on the affairs of life. I always strive for a win-win situation in all my business and personal dealings hence the sums I have projected to remit to my principal on a weekly basis. I am taking my time to explain this aspect of my proposal (never minding how inexhaustive it may look [the finer details can be worked out when I meet with a potential principal]) as it happens to be the crux of the whole business arrangement.

WHY I AM DOING THIS

I have decided to toe this path given my current job and financial situation. I am one individual who espouses the philosophy that it is not so much what life throws at you that matters but how you deal with it. Everyone falls sometime but, only the wise, brave and intrepid in spirit learn from the situation, get up, dust themselves over and move on. I do not believe so much in “hand-outs” rather believing in investing my time and thoughts in productive labour that would yield positive and far-reaching results temporally and spiritually. I espouse a philosophy that believes hard-work, determination and faith can get you places hence my professional antecedents notwithstanding, it is a decision I have carefully thought over and embraced.

WHY I TOOK MY TIME

I have been looking for a clean, mechanically sound and fairly priced direct tokunbo vehicle (Toyota Camry or Corolla, Honda, Hyundai and the like). I am sure we all understand why (fuel efficiency, low maintenance cost among others). The offers I have been getting are Naija used vehicles that may give me so much mechanical problems and we all know what this means (time lost at mechanic workshops which in turn informs poor revenue turnover which again occasions inability to meet up with payments thus leading to general frustration-something I can do without).

WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER ME

I am an experienced driver with a valid driver license. I reside in Lagos and I am a man on a mission (not a mission to renege on agreements made!)

Assuming the vehicle is in shipshape condition mechanically and aesthetically (clean, direct tokunbo without ANY problems), you can be rest assured that I will keep to my end of the bargain. No stories whatsoever. My knowledge and skill in business development, sales, KAM, marketing and communication will come in handy in the course of carrying out my driving duties all to the end of ensuring that I work efficiently and effectively thus maximising profit (earnings per day) and minimising cost (owing to poor relationship with fares, lackadaisical attitude to vehicle maintenance, lost production time due to loafing about and inability to prioritise etc). I am a hardworking man with a goal and time is of the essence (hence my decision to plan my work and work my plan in the bid to be free of any financial obligation to my potential principal within 18-24 months thereafter moving on to other projects). I can understand some people thinking “he is just speaking grammar, wait till he sees how it is…”. To such people I say this; I have been in professions that saw me working in the field in "hands-on" mode, delivering on targets that were quite challenging for years so, I am no stranger to the “streets”. I thrive on challenges.

SPECIFICS OF THE IDEAL VEHICLE

Brand: A Toyota Camry or Corolla, Honda Civic or Hyundai Accent, Elantra or Sonata and also sedans from the Kia family. (other low- maintenance cost vehicles can be considered also). The vehicle would have been manufactured from 2007 upwards. The sport version of these vehicles would be ideal. It should be painted glossy Black or Silver with Alloy Rims. Leather upholstery would be very welcome.

Status: An automatic low mileage Tokunbo. Mechanically sound and aesthetically clean. Easy to look at. All systems (mechanical and electrical) are a go!

Please note that the above specifications are for the ideal [/i]vehicle. Vehicles that do not meet the specifics but are nonetheless mechanically sound and clean are very welcome. The only condition that cannot be compromised is the Tokunbo state of the vehicle. Recently acquired Naija used can be considered (less than or equal to 3 months post purchase). I am sure we all understand why I am insisting on this.

Apologies for the long epistle, just wanted to come out clear. If you are disposed to considering my offer please reach me via 08023735830 or leave your contact (mobile no or email) and I will reach out to you (unfortunately, I am currently not on WhatsApp so may not be able to reach out via that medium).

Hoping to hear from you and thanks for your time and consideration.

Warmest Regards,

A.

Hello All!

Still waiting on a Principal...

N.B: [i]While I perfectly understand the importance and business sense inherent in the Equity contribution clause relative to a hire-purchase agreement, like I iterated in my proposal I, unfortunately, do not have any equity (read: initial deposit, upfront, part payment etc) contribution to bring to the negotiation table. In fact, the foregoing statement is the reason I'm still here canvassing for investors as I've gotten offers from well meaning Principals who somehow didn't see (read) the part of my proposal where I said I didn't have any equity contribution to offer and on knowing this balked at offering me a deal. To my future potential Principal, please note this as it is extremely heartbreaking to think you've sealed a deal only to be told it can't fly at the last moment courtesy of lack of equity contribution.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 07, 2018
In a bid to prevent rehashing intelligent observations that have been proferred relative to my proposal by commentators in other rooms in NL, I'll be updating these observations and my corresponding replies to them in this room. Thus said, below is a comment by an observer and my subsequent reply:

An Observer's Comment:

I normally don't comment on threads but I must commend you for your well articulated write up. It's encouraging to know that people like you exist. Back to the subject, I'll answer with a scenario. If I take my time to import a car that meets your specifications, spend crazy money to clear, register and have it insured. Do you really think I'll just give it out for 50k a week with no commitment from you but your well written words?

Don't answer, just put yourself in the shoes of the principal.

Also, if you are lucky enough to get your specified vehicle, you should have at least 100k set aside to take care of any unforseen issue that may crop up.

Either way, you need cash.

My Reply:

Greetings!

The reasons you enumerated was exactly what one of the potential Principal told me while another harped on the psychological effect an equity contribution would have on the contributor (situation where seeing he has put up some money, he feels bound to do all he can to honour the agreement). Again, another dwelt on the premise that the equity contribution would in addition to the aforementioned also insure him (Principal) against any cost that may come up in fixing the vehicle should the driver decide to return it (for whatever nebulous reason[s]) before the end of the agreed HP tenure.

All the above reasons make valid business sense hence my perfectly understanding their stance but then again I can only try to be "lucky" as you so succinctly put it. Worry the waters and see what I might just turn up (guess I'm a hopeless optimist huh?).

Relative to setting aside some money...I'll worry about that when I get the vehicle. Like the great Christian teacher observed in the Good Book, "the day's problems are enough for the day".

As for my "well" written words (if you say so) I was simply trying to express myself (thanks for the compliment BTW). Do remember that heartfelt words have been the instrument of change (positive or negative) since the dawn of time. Such words backed with decisive action both being preceded by thought (lofty or bestial) has been the denominator relative to all we see and experience today.

Many thanks for chipping in.

Regards.

It is my hope that this settles a lot of the questions and objections raised in the minds of folks in respect to my proposal just so we don't keep going back and forth about the whole thing.

Regards.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 07, 2018
My inability to cough out some equity (the deal breaker thus far) hasn't being for my lack of trying (just like I am canvassing here, I'm still putting in effort to secure some fund which unfortunately hasn't come through [exhausted all possible and impossible leads in this respect], the mention of the equity contribution situation in my proposal is a direct response to this development). It is my belief that open disclosure is always the best way to go relative to dealings in life. Whatever victories you may have scored via being unscrupulou sly vague and conceited in life's dealings is lost in the aftermath of divine retribution hence my telling it like it is; I nor get any money to put for ground rite now even though I for like to do so and know say na the right thing to do. I'm declaring this in an attempt to prevent wasting any potential Principal's time and money expended in reaching out to me only to discover that "the man no even serious sef, e nor get anything to drop..."
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
Good evening all!

Hoping the day's work has been good. Still here and hanging on.

Regards.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
Greetings!

Kindly call and let's work something out please.

Regards.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 09, 2018
Good afternoon all!

Still here and waiting for a call. Do consider my proposal and kindly reach out to me so we can deliberate some more.

Regards.
Re: Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify by tempex88(m): 4:38pm On Mar 09, 2018
Andalucia:
Good afternoon all!

Still here and waiting for a call. Do consider my proposal and kindly reach out to me so we can deliberate some more.

Regards.

You need to be able to contribute some money

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Clean Title US Used Cars Sold In Nigeria Ignore Your Car Dealer. / SOLD SOLD Toks 03 Honda Accord V6 For Sale, ACCIDENT FREE. 1.450m Neg / Can You Buy This Restored 1975 Mercedes 600 Pullman For N800 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.