Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Da Grin Is Dead! - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Grin Is Dead! (74844 Views)

Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) / I Heard Da Grin Is Dead : Please Somebody Confirm! / General Pype – Champion (the Remix) Ft Naeto C, Da Grin, Sasha, Gt The Guitarman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by holakunle(m): 11:50am On Apr 23, 2010
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by dove24u(m): 11:53am On Apr 23, 2010
May His gentle soul RIP cry cry cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Day11(m): 11:59am On Apr 23, 2010
barrack ogrin will live forever like vulture!!!!,
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by sylve11: 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2010
if truly u r gone, then rest well ma friend cry cool
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by yemmight(m): 12:03pm On Apr 23, 2010
Why not these bad leaders, policians instead of Grin. I cannot imagine the flavour this guy brought to rap in naija. Sun reoo
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by DolorDaniel(m): 12:05pm On Apr 23, 2010
What a waste.R.I.P soldier we love u. cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 23, 2010
Can't stop listening to Ghetto Dreams. Dreams that were almost realised. Miss You DaGrin.

Still cannot believe it. Rest in Peace, Soldier.

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by MsTom(f): 12:08pm On Apr 23, 2010
Never knew him or heard his music before until the day he had the accident. The way people talk about him means he was a lot to people. I just pray that God grant everyone the fortitude to bear the loss. Da Grin R.I.P.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by ono(m): 12:08pm On Apr 23, 2010
Who on mother earth is Dagrin?!!!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by owoblow007: 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2010
ALL YOU HATER HIT ON MY GRIN AND SAYING THAT HE WAS DRUNK WHEN THE ACCIDENT HAPPEN SHOULD STOP ALL THIS COS IT'S BAD TO SPEAK ILL OF THE DEATH, BESIDES, YOU WERE NOT THERE WHEN THE INCIDENT HAPPEN SO HOW COME YOU KNOW THAT HE WAS DRUNK WHEN IT HAPPEN, THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS TO SHUT UP YOUR TRAP AND CONSOLE HIS FAMILY THROUGH THIS MEDIUM BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T KNOW SOMEONE IN-DEPTH, THEN DON'T TALK BAD ABOUT HIM COS HE IS ONE OF THE MOST DOWN TO EARTH GUY I HAVE EVER MET,

REST IN PEACE CEO AND WHO EVER BAD ABOUT YOU WILL FOLLOW YOU SOON, STUPID PEOPLE
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by oraclefemi(m): 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2010
you dont know who da grin is?? ok il tell, this is the dude dat legalise omo ita slangs on the streets, made me feel real with my tribe, yoruba, mixed english with it and mad lyrics

aka lyrical were
aka efimile jo
aka ceo
aka omo ogun
aka barrack o grin
aka street obama

go and rest in fela's bossom, RIP !!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by olatiler(m): 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2010
am confuse on what to believe, mybe C.E.O has died or alive? but i still have strong filling that Grin baba was still alive. I called 2 different JOURNALIST 4m punch & thenation ealy this morning, inorder to confirm they told me that untill they his body they we never announce his dead
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2010
Just hearin dis, am weepin right now. All hiphop heads knows what a huge lost this is. Dis is really 4kd. Life is vanity.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Ak4ril(m): 12:25pm On Apr 23, 2010
shocked shocked cry cry Wow!!! Dagrin is gone, I've being fighting back tears since I heard the news, the guy is such a big TALENT, how I wish it's a dream, well it happens at times, I am short of words. o ma shee ooooooooo. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by tunscolo(m): 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2010
God!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by sulad82i(m): 12:32pm On Apr 23, 2010
Its just too sad. I never met the guy, yet I feel like I've known him thru his music.
God knws best. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by tomzman: 12:34pm On Apr 23, 2010
Ahhhhhhhhhhh God this is soooooooooooooooooooo sad cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by kobikwelu(m): 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2010
knew the guy (his songs) before. but never really paid attention, mayb because after his first single, i took him to be a cut and paste wanna be nigerian artist.

now re-listening to his songs,

MEHNNNN, HIS DELIVERY IS BEYOND REPROACH, YOU CAN FEEL HIS SWAGGER IN THE MUSIC.

AT LEAST, HE RAPS!!!!

THE WAY HE SWITCHES HIS FLOW,

the guy was good,

hope he had songs in the oven, cos am waiting for  'em
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Ikeobinna(m): 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2010
I heard the news but could not believe it because l thought it was rumour mongers again. CEO, rest in peace. O lenu bi Pon! Pon!! Pon!!! Pon!!!! Pon!!!!! Pon!!!!!!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Ikeobinna(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2010
I heard the news but could not believe it because l thought it was rumour mongers again. CEO, rest in peace. O lenu bi Pon! Pon!! Pon!!! Pon!!!! Pon!!!!! Pon!!!!!!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by kshow1(m): 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2010
May his soul RIP
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Pamperme: 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2010
This is really really sad. Most of the radio stations were playing his music last night and i was busy singing along not knowing the guy was dead until a friend called me around 10pm. sad sad sad sad sad sad cry cry cry

May his soul and all those departed rest in perfect peace. Amen
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by tkb417(m): 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2010
Bandit C.:

Can't stop listening to Ghetto Dreams. Dreams that were almost realised. Miss You DaGrin.

Still cannot believe it. Rest in Peace, Soldier.
still cant believe ure gone Omo Ogun

till the day we meet again, in my heart is where i'll keep you
foreverrr

Dagrinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
mehn, its so hard to take
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Gentlebabs(m): 1:20pm On Apr 23, 2010
A song writer said "This world is not our own, i'm just a passing crew, ". Now that U're alive, one day it will be ur turn, what will people be saying about U". Death ends all the hassles of life. Make your life count and repent now,
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by distincty: 1:26pm On Apr 23, 2010
No, he must not die, his stars are just rising ooooooooooooooo, OH my God.

O God i am crying rite now, somevody shuld tell me it a lie, Da grin, kondo Master, i am expecting u to wake up cos i know u r sleeping.surprise everyone plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by DRCROSS: 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2010
r.i.p da grin
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Krayola(m): 1:30pm On Apr 23, 2010
This hurts too much.  I can't even get my mind off it. Listenin to "Ghetto Dreams" now and na strong head I dey use fight tears.

Realness, the pure kind, is a rare quality. It takes a great deal of selflessness to be that real. . . . When you can give urself to people so sincerely, just because u want then to appreciate you for what u really are, and not for an image u try to act out, even if it may cost u your livelihood. Da grin is a tru artist . . it was never about what we would think of him, it was about showing himself to the world so that we could see what he really was. No way u can assess this dude objectively and not just recognize. The guy too much. I no even know adjective wey fit describe this guy finish. I too like the guy.   cry cry  

Aimoye igba ti awon eyan ti ni kin lo give up.
Won ni mo local, pe ona mi o n se hip-hop.
But mo wa determined, mo de wa focused.
Tori e ni oruko mi se spread bi staphylococcus.
And aimoye yawa and aimoye insult.
Aimoye je concoction without no salt.
Aimoye ala ti mo la pe mo di celebrity.
Ti ba ji ma tun bere hustle loju titi.
It’s a pity, ojo wo ni mo fe ra Infinity or Amanda ti ma ni ki e wa wo ara ti mo da
(ghetto dreams)
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by ochallo: 1:32pm On Apr 23, 2010
dipobanj:

whether dagrin is dead or not, the fact remains that we shud all be extra careful in everything we do in this life and the kind of friends we keep as peers. he could be drunk or not on that day but only God knows. Put God 1st in everything u do. I want to beliv dagrin could or couldnt cope with the fame he was getting.(God forgive me) what ever position u find your sef, the moment u find out that things are getting too smooth and good that is the moment the devil creeps in and  take most pple away, that moment is when u forget all the prayers u had prayed to God when u had nothing, but the moment your life turns better that is the moment we need to get more closer to God and ask for his grace and protection.Aye le. This life is short and brief and we need to move closer to God. its better not to be a star and die shortly. And pls let us all mind all the lyrics we ever we dance to. God will help us. Dagrin we will miss u. but if u are not dead pls sumone tell us. life is not fair. GOD PLS FORGIVE US  embarassed

well spoken D'banj. fame and money is not something for the immature, you have to really be careful and prayerful.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by waledoy(m): 1:33pm On Apr 23, 2010
Sad cry cry cry

R.I.P CEO
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by 190: 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2010
[size=20pt]Owo ati-swagga!!

Im crying my eyes out, someone comfort me!!
[/size]
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by lelele: 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2010
He died way b4 his time, just when we thot he was at his peak! This is so painful.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by whizdude(m): 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2010
Grin baba, mhen! i'm more than short of words,dude u rep d ghettos wella,u'l always remain in my heart,

R.I.P Grin baba! a.k.a fimilejo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Wizkid Has An Issue With Olamide's "Wo" Lyrics / Nigerian Idol: Dbanj’s Facial Expression Got People Talking / To Listen to Nigerian Music Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.