Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) (55604 Views)

Chidi Amamgbo Donates Cathedral To His Diocese In Anambra (Photos) / Emmanuel Ajenu Builds A Catholic Church In Benue (Pictures) / Fire Breaks Out At Notre-dame Cathedral In Paris (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by achiever12: 1:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
FarahAideed:
All I know is that church is in the heart and not in any Building

I hope you will also say that about auditoriums built by rccg or winners? Except if you are a hypocrite
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by miceroms: 1:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
It’s okay to build for the Lord. But the Lord delights in the righteousness of the heart more than anything. I hope he won’t begin to dictate operational procedures of the church.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by depezee(m): 1:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
goldedprince:
Cash that will have been given to the poor. Instead he opened a house where the poor will come and donate their little feeding money. In fact, where is the cathedral sef

Giving to the poor is work of mercy and also building worship center for God supersede all.

He has made his choice.

Go and do your own.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by goldedprince: 1:31pm On Feb 18, 2018
depezee:

Giving to the poor is work of mercy and also building worship center for God supersede all.

He has made his choice.

Go and do your own.
Which god abeg
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by plaetton: 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
How come I have never heard of a Nigerian philanthropist build a single library, vocational training school or even modernize the often dilapidated schools in their communities ?

When will African children start reading and catching up with the rest of the world in knowledge instead of threading this forgotten path of middle Eastern myths ?

Where does anyone see new Cathedrals being erected in Europe , the people that gifted us with this yoke ?
The Europeans are converting their old cathedrals into libraries, laboratories and museums.

Is religion and more religion the only things the African brain is capable of absorbing ?

As a man thinketh, so he is.

Garbage in, Garbage out.

Shithole middle East religions in, shithole mentality and shithole reality out.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by kamsiyo9: 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
point of correction he's not the one building it but all diocesan cos he wanted the church to b name after bishop disagreed with his cos Ibeto build a parish n it was named after him which is St.Cletus in Otolo Nnewi but the diocese refused cos they cant change d name because of him unlike St. Cletus which is anew parish with no name b4 Ibeto built it
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by emmasege: 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
Lloydfather:
so church should be built in the bush abi.
Nope. However, churches and mosques alike should not constitute any nuisance in the neighbourhood in the form of noise pollution. Alternatively, religious centres could be sited to one another at the same location, while residential buildings maintain some distance.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
jacoik:
and he hasn't been doing that? What have you ever contributed to the society
yet players in ifeanyi uba are bin owed salaries....if u talk dem go yarn another....Hw pple like dis make money de wonder me..we go skool only to discover say wat u were told before schoolin are scam....limited opportunity for guys npower De freeze mood make I comot before sm guys say I don mental.....
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by OnyeOGA(m): 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2018
FarahAideed:
and i equally know that Mosque is in the heart and not in any building.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by Laple0541(m): 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
1cor2v9:
This will still not buy him a space in Heaven

The owner of heaven had just spoken! Hypocrism at large.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by Ceasardgreat(m): 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2018
frosbel2:
Foolish man, he could have used the money to help the needy around him, does he think that God can be bribed with big buildings?

Bros! Make your own and help those you want to help..
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2018
my Yoruba friends do you see any brown roof around or rickety mud house around this is to show that our wealth didn't end only in Lagos and Abuja
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by Laple0541(m): 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2018
emmasege:
Nope. However, churches and mosques alike should not constitute any nuisance in the neighbourhood in the form of noise pollution. Alternatively, religious centres could be sited to one another at the same location, while residential buildings maintain some distance.

Religious centers are built in residential areas even in developed countries, but you hardly see them disturbing the residents cos they used soundproofing devices, have sufficient parking space for worshipers and are orderly.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by rickyrex(m): 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
FarahAideed:
that's why you prefer to sit in bet9ja shop on Sunday morning instead of going to church
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by rickyrex(m): 1:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
potbelly:
Why not invest the money used to erect this building into the lives of people? sad
don't go and look for job be waiting for someone to help you
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by Ttipsy(f): 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2018
wow.. I see states over taking center of excellence ooo
the church design is wow
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by potbelly(m): 2:14pm On Feb 18, 2018
Comprehension is key sir...

rickyrex:
don't go and look for job be waiting for someone to help you
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by BABANGBALI: 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
mmafhew:

But building one would win many soul
soulS si
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by HeroicMeastro: 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
Angelanest:
Capital oil CEO, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah, who is well known for his philanthropy - has moved to the religious sector in a bid to do more for his people. The business mogul is single-handedly building a Catholic Cathedral named Assumption Cathedral - located in Otolo-Nnewi, Nnewi North Local Government of Anambra State with one hundred and nine churches and parishes under it. The Cathedral had been abandoned for years now due to lack of funds, according to reports.

Furthermore, to ensure that Catholic faithfuls worship God in a befitting edifice, the oil magnate started the construction of the Cathedral building made up of 2 layers and 146 underground tombs on a five storey building elevation with over 5,000 seating capacity and over 750 car parking capacity.

The tower foundation is also 12 meters deep filled all round in concrete powered by concrete mixers. Dr. Ubah, on receiving a report from a structural and integrity testing company that the roofing had failed an integrity test by -7% following the discovery of some integrity lapses, ordered the contractor to disconnect and pull down the already finished roofing immediately.

For the dismantling of the roof to be actualized, Dr. Ubah had to buy cranes from French construction company named Bouygues construction.

The pictures show the work on ground at the project site.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/ifeanyi-uba-builds-assumption-cathedral-in-nnewi-anambra-state.html
Na stadium....
to accommodate plenty tithe payers
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by ogtavia(m): 2:29pm On Feb 18, 2018
what kind of cheap construction is this...make this building no go collapse during construction...
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2018
I read somewhere online about one of the world billionaires who has instructed that 90% of his wealth be given to charities after his death. Why not now?

I also read somewhere that one man's wealth is capable of ending hunger in the world miserable corners. Why the delay?

Another source stated that 8 richest people in the world have wealth equivalent to that of the 3.6billion poorest people in the world. What are they doing with it?

One may be thinking why building church instead of helping the poor? Well, to common people it is a church, a service unto god...but to the billionaire, it is a symbol of identity.

The super rich keep wealth not because they need it. No, they keep it as a way of marking territory, a means of identity, remove their wealth and their essence disappeared.

His money, his responsibility.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by Environer: 2:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
Sealeddeal:
Exactly,
It should be built in well delineated area not beside a people's home.
Wrong. Churches can be built amidst people's homes, even in America. I literally share a fence with a church building here.

The difference though is that churches and mosques are noise pollutants in Nigeria. Here I hardly realize there is a church behind my house because there is no noise emanating from the building, and parking and traffic on Sundays are well organized.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by Pat081: 2:55pm On Feb 18, 2018
Sealeddeal:
Building church in the midst of homes of people is unsound to the environment
U re right but Catholic Church re nt like all dos new churches dat dey will nt gv people arund rest of mind
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by blahc007: 3:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
frosbel2:
Foolish man, he could have used the money to help the needy around him, does he think that God can be bribed with big buildings?
are u from nnewi?..or the people complained to u that he is not helping
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by mkpurumma090(f): 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
Good work... Put more effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by 1cor2v9: 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2018
Laple0541:

The owner of heaven had just spoken! Hypocrism at large.
Lol
That building can only get him a space in Heaven annex.. The main heaven will require a bigger building ooo

Have a great week
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2018
Guestlander:
I46 underground tombs?

Yeah, catacombs.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by desmondokonkwo(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
Good work. Is still better than nothing. Sister cathedral in Owerri Archdiocese. Gloria in Excelsis!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by Guestlander: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2018
SnowJay92:

Yeah, catacombs.

Catacombs Ko, catapult ni.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by brojoshua: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2018
A house that is built by the corrupt and with corruption on the sand will be pull down by minor storm. And the people of the world are building the synagogue of Satan their father and not the church of the living God. Does the living God dwell house built with hand? Men are only building their den of lions
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) by Georgeisco2007: 4:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
Lloydfather:
so church should be built in the bush abi.

Did they tell you it was built in the bush?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Speaks On #EndSARS Protest (Video) / Goliath Must Die: Pastor Imoniero Poses With Catapult On Church Banner (Photo) / David Ibiyeomie Welcomed By Female Church Members In Uniform (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.