Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

If You Are Governor, What Will You Do - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are Governor, What Will You Do (1117 Views)

Samuel Ortum Wins As Benue Governor , What Do You Think , See Video / Before Bola Ahmed Tinubu Became Governor What Was His Occupation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by Eagba(m): 9:14pm On Feb 18, 2018
If i'm governor of my state; things i'll do to make things better are
1. Since my state has a high number of hotels, i'll ban bird products from outside the state. Then encourage investors and the youths to go into poultry farming. Fun seekers from neighbouring state can never ignore my state in aspect of relaxation, so, thereby creating artificial scarcity and oppurtunities.
Infastructure; organise 3 companies that's locally owned, so they can bid for roads and bridges (both new and exiting ones). Structure of infastructure ownership will be thus; company 20%, govt20%, public60%( no one individual or company is allowed to own more than 0.00005 percent of the public share).
There will be automatic toll collecting structure(the toll will be link to the driver or car owner account for automatic deductions, the total charges might not be more than #350 on a full day drive thru all plaza) on certain group of roads and bridges. The companies are responsible for traffic and sanitation on their roads. Cctv(with face and body identical technology for security and social identification) must also be on all toll plaza.
I feel this measures will combate infastructure decay, insecurity like kidnapping etc and also free up cash for the govt. and put extra cash in the hands of the indignes. Pls add yours and no undue criticism without giving your better advice or idea. Lets discuss.
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by Omololu2121: 9:56pm On Feb 18, 2018
If I'm president, I will do all my possible best to divide this backward country.

Even by 2030,there will still be no changes in Nigeria.

Just compare the economy of Nigeria now to what it is in 1999
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
i will build more statue of past leaders and criminals in the country starting with lawrence anini
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by Eagba(m): 4:42am On Feb 20, 2018
We should all have a good national self esteem
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by Eagba(m): 10:36am On Feb 20, 2018
If the fg will grant state police, i'll transfer CONTROL to the state judiciary. So that even the government will be answerable to the judiciary In the present statue quo, i'll create a strong vigilantee group and transfer its power to the state judiciary.
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by Eagba(m): 10:45am On Feb 21, 2018
Will Increase the salary of science and technology teachers by 70%. Then retrain the teachers, make them obtain higher qualifications.
Make them practical oriented, and teachers whose students perform well in projects and shows brilliant innovations, will be encourage. And those with lacklustre students will be shown the exit door.
I'll Always organise a national practical based science and technology competitions in the state and blackmail the big companies in nigeria into supporting it with MILLIONS of naira. Then make it a live tv show to garner interest from young people.
Imagine, phonetic is gaining prominence in our school curriculum. I weak o. Reduce the scope of phonetics and reduce the number teachers teaching it.
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by papoudaupolos: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2018
Omololu2121:
If I'm president, I will do all my possible best to divide this backward country.

Even by 2030,there will still be no changes in Nigeria.

Just compare the economy of Nigeria now to what it is in 1999
Ojukwu
Kanu
You, we await . wish you can work hard on this plan
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by Viicfuntop(f): 10:49am On Feb 21, 2018
H
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by Eagba(m): 11:52am On Feb 25, 2018
Make sure to pass a law that ensure that 70% of the annual budget of the state is expended on the local economy. For instance, there's budget for kitchen utencil, instead of importing, we make sure that we buy locally made according to law.
The effect; imagine that 100 billion is spent on a state local economy, the economy is bound to grow by nothing less than 12% annually.
Due to the law, you have 30% of your work cut out for you in terms of attracting investors to your state. Investors will love to invest in the state because they will be sure of goverment patronage at least.
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by Eagba(m): 11:58am On Feb 25, 2018
How i wish someone will run with all of the above.. Though am not giving up,but i'll love to share my ideals. And i know as a born strategist, i don't fail.
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by baralatie(m): 12:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
y'all above me don't have development plan at all
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by markfemisgay: 12:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
Declare my state as an independent country.
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by oladeebo: 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
Eagba:
If i'm governor of my state; things i'll do to make things better are
1. Since my state has a high number of hotels, i'll ban bird products from outside the state. Then encourage investors and the youths to go into poultry farming. Fun seekers from neighbouring state can never ignore my state in aspect of relaxation, so, thereby creating artificial scarcity and oppurtunities.
Infastructure; organise 3 companies that's locally own, so they can bid for roads and bridges (both new and exiting ones). Structure of infastructure ownership will be thus; company 20%, govt20%, public60%( no one individual or company is allowed to own more than 0.005 percent of the public share).
There will be automatic toll collecting structure(the toll will be link to the driver or car owner account for automatic deductions, the total charges might not be more than #350 on a full day drive thru all plaza) on certain group of roads and bridges. The companies are responsible for traffic and sanitation on their roads. Cctv(with face and body identical technology for security and social identification) must also be on all toll plaza.
I feel this measures will combate infastructure decay, insecurity like kidnapping etc and also free up cash for the govt. and put extra cash in the hands of the indignes. Pls add yours and no undue criticism without giving your better advice or idea. Lets discuss.
very good question.
1. I will create time tender to let people exploit their time.
2. I will replace police with head of family, cheif, and oba for all sécurité issues.
3. I will turn public School to parent school.
4. I will send the Easterner packing
Before I forget, I will create Ward government in m'y state.
Oladeebo.
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by Eagba(m): 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2018
Try to encourage a organise three companies that can produce minimum of 250 megawatt, each for each zone through ppp(i'm still going to study what the nigeria constitution says about power generation and distribution).
Try to discourage new housing and industrial estates from connecting to the state or national grid. Instead they should develop innovative ways of generating power for their own use.
Re: If You Are Governor, What Will You Do by Eagba(m): 1:35pm On Mar 03, 2018
Power
Try to organise three companies that can produce minimum of 250 megawatt, each for each zone through ppp(i'm still going to study what the nigeria constitution says about power generation and distribution).
Try to discourage new housing and industrial estates from connecting to the state or national grid. Instead they should develop innovative ways of generating power for their own use.

(1) (Reply)

Archbishop Obinna Hits Okorocha Again, Not Afraid Of Arrest,"Rejects Nwosu" / Pictures Of The Late US Former First Lady Barbara Bush / Prof. Kperogi Blasts Buhari And "Pigheaded Supporters" On Zakzaky Murder Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.