Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? (2950 Views)

Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? / Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism / The Nigeria Of My Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by lagbaja(m): 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2005
For me, I dream of a Nigeria where the people are truly the happiest in the world, where there is no hunger and poverty, where everything works including electricity, the hospitals, security, agric etc,  a super power black country where the cure for HIV/AIDs is eventually found, the tourist attraction of the rest of the world, and lots more, whats your own dream
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by Soulful(m): 8:57pm On Dec 27, 2005
The Nigeria of my dreams is a place where British and American people play lottery so that they can come and work and live in the best Nigerian run companies and environment......

Its a place where they have to apply for a visa with a humiliating process in order to get one and even then they are not assured of one!!

Its a place that I would be proud to take any of my British friends!!

Its a place where I will hate to leave in order to come and do some work in Jand or Yankee....

Its a place where the vast resources we have are finally utilised to the advantage of all not just the few....

Its a place where all the big companies feel is their most important market.....

Its a place where people from all over the world want to send their children to study because we have the best educational establishments.....

Its a place where British and American docyors come to learn how to practice medicine properly......
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by Greatpeter(m): 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2005
My dream of Nigeria where there is Unity, political and riligious tolerance.
I dream of a nation where Poverty will be reduced to the bearest mimimum.
A nation that will start winning the World cup just like Brazil.
A Nation where we don't need to fly people abroad for medical and surgical treatment.
A Nation free of garbage and be clean just like the streets in Singapore.
The neatest country in the world.
A Nation where all citizens and dwellers will be law abiding.
Where curruption will be a thing of the past.
A nation where all turn to God and be willing to serve the Lord.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by Kokscity(m): 11:52pm On Dec 27, 2005
Nigeria of my dreams. Wow this will be hard.

A country where the rule of law applies to everyone.

A country that can provide shelter,light,some health care,water and roads for it's populous.

A country where everyone can vote and their vote have some relevance.

A country that has Unity between it different tribes and embrace diversity.

A country that gives women more rights and relevance in society.

I wish these things would happen, but i really doubt Nigeria will get better. Nigeria the way it is set up is nearly guaranteed to fail.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by conscience(m): 11:52pm On Dec 27, 2005
A country where everyone is given a chance: rich, poor, ugly, beautiful, and no more Second Class Citizens. cry
Where half of the children don't go to sleep with empty tommies every night. cry
Where  people don't die from starvation and lack of medical care cry
Where Water and  Breathing Air are taken for granted. cry
Where the Political/public  Officers are ready to serve the people cry
Where people are bold /courageous enough to overpower the wrongs and stick with what's right. cry
An end to this biting  poverty  in Nigeria, that brings self pity in individuals. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
A place of hope and dreams. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by disney(f): 6:19am On Dec 28, 2005
I wish Nigeria could automatically become like America tomorrow so that food, water, light, healthcare, job, would be provided for everyone and equal opportunities without corruption. Amen. grin smileyand no more tears for the poor and hungry cry cry
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by thelastdon(m): 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2005
Before u can tlk about Nigerian been great. u got many things to do.....

1. go to the middle of Naija and throw a bomb down do wipe every nigerians out, then lets beg God to creat a New Nigeria

the rest na small
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by cutejustyz(m): 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2005
thelastdon:

Before u can tlk about Nigerian been great. u got many things to do.....

1. go to the middle of Nigeria and throw a bomb down do wipe every nigerians out, then lets beg God to creat a New Nigeria

the rest na small
cheesy Gee it's like u 2 is not even sure of urself, or is it true da beautiful ones are not yet born? well Nigerian will be gr8 if only we ask God 2 kill all our leaders and cr8 better ones that will rule with the fear of God and will have the masses @ heart.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by thelastdon(m): 8:02am On Dec 29, 2005
cutejustyz:

cheesy Gee it's like you to is not even sure of yourself, or is it true da beautiful ones are not yet born?

answer: because the ugly ones refuses to die
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by otokx(m): 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2005
A country without a drop of crude oil or gas.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by axeprince(m): 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2005
{
Var New Nigeria
Constant London2005
Constant U.S.A2005
Constant Japan2005
{
New Nigeria = (London + U.S.A + Japan)
}
End
}
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by thelastdon(m): 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2005
axeprince:

{
Var New Nigeria
Constant London2005
Constant U.S.A2005
Constant Japan2005
{
New Nigeria = (London + U.S.A + Japan)
}
End
}

Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by joftech(m): 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2005
My ideal Nigeria is one where

1.) All citizen will know his/her rights.
2.) Where leaders will be held accountable for their actions.
3.) Where everybody will be able to live in peace and harmony.
4.) Where there will be no discrimination against anybody.

Above it all a Nigeria where all her citizen will know their right is what we must strive for.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by exu(m): 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2005
a would like a country that doesn't divide itself along 'tribal' lines' (or religious ones for that matter)...

i'd like a nigeria where education is received from professionals in well equipped schools and well funded universities, not from the pulpit...

i'd like a nigeria where education is placed 1st and everyone has an equal chance of success...

i'd like a nigeria where the leaders are the most educated, not the most religious or most well connected and held accountable for their actions...

i'd like a nigeria that helps her neighbours during times of hardship...

i'd like a nigeria where the people respect their women...a place where daughters aren't sold into marriage, a place where wives aren't beaten...

p.s.
i sincerely hope that nigeria doesn't become like america, i hope we learn from the mistakes made there:

no universal healthcare...

ethnic strife and widespread discrimination...

a huge underclass...

corruption...(if an illegal war isn't corruption then i don't know what is)

we already have these problems, let's find our own way...nigeria is not america, nor would i ever want it to be...

p.p.s.
i hope for a nigeria that doesn't place a monetary value upon everything...
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by Kokscity(m): 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2005
@Exu

There is no Universal Health care in the US. I think you are confusing the US with Canada or Maybe UK. We usually pay for Health Insurance here. But if Nigeria can offer it's citizen any kind of Health care whatsoever, i must say we should all applaud that effort.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by Kokscity(m): 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2005
Oh my Bad Exu

I see that you are saying that Universal Healthcare is a good thing. At least i hope that is what you are saying that the US doesn't have Universal Healthcare, and therefore it is a Bad thing abi?

Nigeria with anykind of Healthcare for it citizens, will be a good thing.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by Chxta(m): 11:40pm On Dec 29, 2005
Nigeria of my dreams?

That is one hell of a dream. Let me not embarass myself by yarning...
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by brick(m): 12:15am On Dec 30, 2005
i dream of a country where the security agencies will not be used as a tool of oppression by the state. a country where the rule of law and constitution will be respected by all.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by omogenaija(f): 1:32am On Dec 30, 2005
THE NIGERIA OF MY DREAMS WOULD BE LIKE AMERICA ONLY WITH NIGERIANS IN IT.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by MrBassey: 9:28pm On Dec 31, 2005
Lagbaja,

E be like say you dey describe Utopia.

It is not yet uhuru in Nigeria, but we are on the way if we don't derail off our present course. Let us first of all entrench civic responsibility, integrity patratriotism in the body politic. There are still too many self-serving, if not out right rogues in positions of power and control of public funds, into which they dip their grubby fingers - Alams, Tafa and Marwa to name some of those that have been recently indicted. Until this is done, hell stands a better chance of freezing over than a Nigerian discovering the cure for HIV. That reminds me! What happened to those charlatans who claimed they could cure AIDS? I mean Abalaka and Tope Joshua. I hope they know that Karma would eventually catch up with despoilers of the soul.

Happy New Year

Your Brother in Nigerianhood.

Mr Bassey

PS. Check this blog out @ http://nigerianpolity..com/

It is razor-like.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by axeprince(m): 5:37pm On Jan 01, 2006
@thelastdon
That sounds like Greek, right?

Anyway, in simple English, it say New Nigeria, which is a variable( a combination of factors and events) will be a combination of what makes places like the US, UK and Japan God's own destiny for so many youths today, capish?

thelastdon:

Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by bombay: 6:53pm On Jan 02, 2006
nija of your dreams uhmmmmm well before we can c the country of our dream take shape we have to do away with centiments,religious opperession and those old men that do not want us to see the true light of things.

There is a grand conspiracy to hold nigeria down by the powers that be they will rather die than see we progress.

Nigeria should be divided because we are not operating true federalism but a maxist state.

The niger delta should be left alone.

The igboman should be allowed to go his way and let us see how they plan to survive because they are hoping or planning that the niger delta would follow them which i say i over our dead body they are enclave in an inland so how do the plan to ship those goods they plan to sell maybe by air transport and they will need clearance to from other countries to fly above there borders they should think very well they want to take but give nothing in return. grin

The hausas should go there own way since they have not contributed to the development of nigeria in any way but to steal our natural wealth they bunch of crooks. grin

The yoruba man uhmm very unreliable as you can see already happenning in the presidency they want to change the consitution to sooth one man, bunch of sycophants.

WITH OUT NIGER-DELTA NIGERIA IS NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

NIGER-DELTA STATES:

1.DELTA STATE

2.RIVERS STATE

3.BAYELSA STATE

4.CROSS RIVERS

5.AKWA IBOM STATE

WE WANT WAR
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by Ojukwursg(m): 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2006
Nice attempt at folly Bombay,

But not quite an impressive one. You expose your ignorance by alluding that other parts of the country cannot survive without Niger Delta oil and access to the Ocean. In your haste to write-off the cause of the Igbo secession bid of the late 1960's you made veiled reference to some desire to have the Niger Delta in the Igbo man enclave due to the presence of oil in the delta.

Then, as if your impecable ignorance is not adequate, you openly call for war. What a laugh. I would not waste my time applauding your ignoramous state. Rather I'll advice you to take a little exercise in history. While you are at it, take time to find out if there are landlocked countries in the world doing better than "Nigeria" or not.

I'll be back after you might have done the assignments.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by IB7(f): 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2006
The nigeria of my dreams?  Alright, here we go....  please keep in mind it's just my dreams so chances are very slim for my dream to become reality.

The south-south are oppress, especially the river canal people.   Divide the country in the following:

South-south

Hausa/yoruba ~ they are oriented people ....  meant in a positive way

Igbos

I really careless how they divide the country as long as the south-south ~ niger delta people are separated from the rest of nigera.

Regards,
IB
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 08, 2006
i dream of a nigeria i don't have to try so hard to defend, i dream of a nigeria where everyman can earn his means without the shame of being dehumanised, and i dream of a nigeria where everyone can atleast afford to eat
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by cooltola(m): 5:47am On Jan 08, 2006
Naija will neva change , I wish it would change for the better. May be one day Naija will be the greatest nation in the world- who knows tommorrow?
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by cutejustyz(m): 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy lol naija will change cuz it's no curse, but then 1 thing i know is it can never be the gr8test, but can be among the gr8test.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by deb(m): 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2006
cheesy cheesy :Dlol naija will change because it's no curse, but then 1 thing i know is it can never be the gr8test, but can be among the gr8test.

O ye of little faith. You are right nigeria is no curse but that we cannot become the greatest country in the world is what I disagree with. Who says we cannot become the greatest country in the world?

My brother you need to expand you level of positive imagination. There is nothing impossible ok? When John F Kennedy the former president of America in time past said that in 10years time American will reach the moon. Nobody believed him, now its not only Americans that have reached the moon, even Africans are now gearing up to travel to the moon.

You see how it works? you need to expand you horizon. NIGERIA CAN BE THE BEST NATION EVER IN EXISTENCE BETWEEN NOW AND THE YEAR 2030

Now to Oga Cooltola
Naija will never change , I wish it would change for the better. May be one day Naija will be the greatest nation in the world- who knows tommorrow?

You are the one who needs to change who you are before Nigeria can change. If your thinking is routine then you can only produce routine result ok? sad change your your thinking

1 Like

Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by cooltola(m): 5:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
deb:

O ye of little faith. You are right nigeria is no curse but that we cannot become the greatest country in the world is what I disagree with. Who says we cannot become the greatest country in the world?

My brother you need to expand you level of positive imagination. There is nothing impossible ok? When John F Kennedy the former president of America in time past said that in 10years time American will reach the moon. Nobody believed him, now its not only Americans that have reached the moon, even Africans are now gearing up to travel to the moon.

You see how it works? you need to expand you horizon. NIGERIA CAN BE THE BEST NATION EVER IN EXISTENCE BETWEEN NOW AND THE YEAR 2030

Now to Oga Cooltola
10 years later lol

You are the one who needs to change who you are before Nigeria can change. If your thinking is routine then you can only produce routine result ok? sad change your your thinking

Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by killsmith(f): 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
If una dream finish, make una drink artesaunate...make e clear the malaria wey don capture una brain...
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by DivneFavour(m): 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2017
My dream is to wake up from that dream and face reality. When the same people who messing things up are still up there.
Re: What Is The Nigeria of Your Dreams Like? by zendy: 7:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
The Nigeria of my dreams? The one that has disintegrated and me and my fellow Igbos are finally free.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Five And Worst Five Nairaland Members For 2008 / Nigerian Geniuses With Social Conscience: What Happened To Them? / How Ebola Patients Survived – Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.