Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe (5437 Views)

Why God Didn't Kill Pharaoh / Why God Didn't Help Leah Sharibu! / The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by superhumanist(m): 8:36am On Feb 21, 2018
damosky12:

Exactly!
You are right. God's Word is Energy. It can't be created.
That's why this happened.

Genesis 1:3
[3]And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Elsewhere,

Hebrews 4:12
[12]For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

John 1:1-3
[1]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2]The same was in the beginning with God.
[3]All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

It can't be destroyed too

Isaiah 40:8
[8]The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Its sad when Atheists can't see these things. Sincerely.

So, God can't destroy energy.

So much for omnipotence.
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by butterflyl1on: 9:17am On Feb 21, 2018
superhumanist:

So, God can't destroy energy.

So much for omnipotence.

The word of God is God himself. I am sure you read damosky12 comment yet you failed to understand his very first statement. He said,

"Exactly!
You are right. God's Word is Energy. It can't be created."

Can God destroy himself?
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by butterflyl1on: 9:21am On Feb 21, 2018
superhumanist:

And yet, God is not the author of confusion. And yet, God inspired all the authors.

How can God inspired authors be telling different versions of the same story?

I saw where felixomor posted a thread of his which quite wonderfully tackled your obvious dilemma here so I dug it up for you. Just for you oo because I care about your level of ignorance grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3538710/bible-contradiction-dummies-correction-internet

cc cute9gerian

1 Like

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by superhumanist(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2018
butterflyl1on:

The word of God is God himself. I am sure you read damosky12 comment yet you failed to understand his very first statement. He said,

Can God destroy himself?

God's word is not the same as God. He should be able to destroy his word if he wants to.

And how does gods word relate to energy?

1 Like

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by damosky12(m): 9:31am On Feb 21, 2018

butterflyl1on:

I saw where felixomor posted a thread of his which quite wonderfully tackled your obvious dilemma here so I dug it up for you. Just for you oo because I care about your level of ignorance grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3538710/bible-contradiction-dummies-correction-internet

cc cute9gerian

Excellent schooling there though.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by butterflyl1on: 9:32am On Feb 21, 2018
superhumanist:

God's word is not the same as God. He should be able to destroy his word if he wants to.

And how does gods word relate to energy?

John chapter 1: Vs 1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Gods word is a creative FORCE or ENERGY as you might like to call it.
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by damosky12(m): 9:35am On Feb 21, 2018
superhumanist:

And yet, God is not the author of confusion. And yet, God inspired all the authors.

How can God inspired authors be telling different versions of the same story?

Cute9gerian:
Wow, their source is no longer from God. Beautiful grin

I really understand your plight. Its sheer ignorance. Let me try help you sirs.

Luke 1:1-3
[1]Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
[2]Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses,
and ministers of the word;
[3]It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

As portrayed by the letters in bold, the gospels (Matt, Mark, Luke and John) /are recorded historically and not by revelation. Luke, there, shows that his account is from well structured interviews of eyewitnesses of the life of Jesus. The same can be said of Mark. Matthew and John were themselves eyewitnesses who wrote what they experienced with Jesus firsthand. Their writings were not necessarily inspired by the HolyGhost. Their accounts are historical eyewitness' accounts of Jesus' life. Acts of the Apostles also falls in this category as it was also written by this same Luke to document the earliest history of the church.

2 Timothy 3:16
[16]All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

When the Bible says this, it refers to the inspired revelational writings of the prophets and the Apostles. The gospels had not even been written when this was said. So, scriptures aren't recorded eyewitness history as the gospels ware. Every thing Jesus was recorded to have said, were not from visions or revelations, they were actual happenings and statements that were physically witnessed with the eyes and physically heard with the ears.

I hope this helps a bit.
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by CoolUsername: 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2018
butterflyl1on:

John chapter 1: Vs 1

Gods word is a creative FORCE or ENERGY as you might like to call it.

Force and energy are not similar at all
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by butterflyl1on: 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
CoolUsername:

Force and energy are not similar at all

You clearly saw me say FORCE OR ENERGY. If you wish to call God a Force all well and good. If you wish to call God creative energy all well and good too. I was not carrying out a comparison.
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by dalaman: 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Did you just say "read the big bang"?

Dude you know nothing but fail to realise that you know nothing.

Your precious scientists have no idea how the universe began and are only speculating.

However about 70 to 80 years ago science claimed that the universe has no beginning. Over 3000 years ago the bible recorded that the universe has a beginning. It says in Genesis (IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH...)

today science agrees that the universe had a beginning. The Bible has been right for over 3000 years and science just got this memo recently and you want me to believe science who just found out and disbelieve the bible which was correct all along for over 3000 years?

You must be having an illusion.

You guys need to stop telling LIES. The bible did NOT state that the universe had a beginning. The writes of the bible dd not even know anything about the universe.

The writers of the bible stated that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

According to the big bang model the earth was NOT created in the beginning. Our earth came into existence like 9 billion years later NT at the beginning.

You should stop using science to support ancient Jewish mythology and folklore.

The heaven and earth the God of the bible created only exist inside the pages of the bible. In that one the heavens and earth were created in the beginning, according to science our earth wcame into existence very long (billions of years)after the universe began.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by dalaman: 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Let me help your ignorance.

Science when speculating with the big bang said dark energy matter / quantum fluctuations caused the Big Bang which was the beginning of the universe.

Stop coming here to tell lies. You are shameless. Show us the scientific consensus that talks about anything that caused the Big bang. That was how you lied the other time that science said that what ever cause the big bang is eternal. Go and plagairize all you can and show us.

So far the fact is when it comes to the big bang the scientific position and postulations are on what happened after the big bang. Science has NO position on anything before the big bang because scientists have cleary stated that they have NO IDEA on it .Keep telling lies for Jesus he must be very proud of you.
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by butterflyl1on: 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
dalaman:

You guys need to stop telling LIES. The bible did NOT state that the universe had a beginning. The writes of the bible dd not even know anything about the universe.

The writers of the bible stated that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

According to the big bang model the earth was NOT created in the beginning. Our earth came into existence like 9 billion years later NT at the beginning.

You should stop using science to support ancient Jewish mythology and folklore.

The heaven and earth the God of the bible created only exist inside the pages of the bible. In that one the heavens and earth were created in the beginning, according to science our earth wcame into existence very long (billions of years)after the universe began.

Check the sequence. Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens (universe) THIS WAS FIRST and the earth (THIS WAS SECOND)

It did not say in the beginning God created the earth and the heavens.

Sequence of events is everything. grin
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by dalaman: 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Check the sequence. Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens (universe) THIS WAS FIRST and the earth (THIS WAS SECOND)

It did not say in the beginning God created the earth and the heavens.

Sequence of events is everything. grin

It is very clear, the heaven and the earth were created together in the begining. It says in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Stop telling lies and talking about things you know nothing about.

The bible does NOT say that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The bible said the in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The original Hebrew word translated actually means heaven and NOT heavens. The JPS English translation which the Jews consider to ne the most accurate English translation of the Hebrew Bible uses the word heaven and NOT heavens. Heavens is only used by mordern day translations because they want it to rhyme with scientific thoughts. The claims heavens mean the things in the expanse of the sky. Even that does not mean the universe if you are to look at it critically.

◄ Genesis 1 ►
JPS Tanakh 1917
1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

http://biblehub.com/jps/genesis/1.htm

The bible did NOT say that in the beginning God created any universe. It only says God created the heaven(God's abode with his angels ) and the earth.

The writers of the bible do NOT know anything about the universe. If they did they would have stated it in the mythical creation narratives.

All they know is the heaven and the earth, they didn't even get to mention the sun until the fourth day of creation.

You are still yet to tell us which part of science says that earth and other parts of the universe were created together in the beginning.

The Bible creation account remains mythical. It remains the mythical account of the heaven and earth Yahweh created that exist only in the pages of the bible and NOT the universe we know and are a part of.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by butterflyl1on: 4:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
dalaman:

It is very clear, the heaven and the earth were created together in the begining. It says in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

No it never said he created them "together". However what is clear is that he mentioned creating the heavens and then the earth in that order.

Stop telling lies and talking about things you know nothing about

And you somehow know about it yet I do not? cheesy #delusion.

The bible does NOT say that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The bible said the in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The original Hebrew word translated actually means heaven and NOT heavens. The JPS English translation which the Jews consider to ne the most accurate English translation of the Hebrew Bible uses the word heaven and NOT heavens. Heavens is only used by mordern day translations because they want it to rhyme with scientific thoughts. The claims heavens mean the things in the expanse of the sky. Even that does not mean the universe if you are to look at it critically.

◄ Genesis 1 ►
JPS Tanakh 1917
1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

http://biblehub.com/jps/genesis/1.htm

The bible did NOT say that in the beginning God created any universe. It only says God created the heaven(God's abode with his angels ) and the earth.

These are various translations below also from Bible hub

New International Version
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

New Living Translation

English Standard Version
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

New American Standard Bible

King James Bible
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Christian Standard Bible

Contemporary English Version

Good News Translation
In the beginning, when God created the universe,

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
In the beginning, God created the universe.

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation
In the beginning God created heaven and earth.

JPS Tanakh 1917

New American Standard 1977

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
In the beginning God created heaven, and earth.

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth

Does this not show you to be a liar and a twister of truth? grin cheesy

The writers of the bible do NOT know anything about the universe. If they did they would have stated it in the mythical creation narratives.

I can show you more of what these your writers who you claim are not scientific wrote that totally agrees with science today. Want to see?

All they know is the heaven and the earth, they didn't even get to mention the sun until the fourth day of creation

They had no need to.

You are still yet to tell us which part of science says that earth and other parts of the universe were created together in the beginning

When did I say they were created together? Can you show me? cheesy

The Bible creation account remains mythical. It remains the mythical account of the heaven and earth Yahweh created that exist only in the pages of the bible and NOT the universe we know and are a part of.

Whenever you write and end in this your predictable way I just burst out laughing because your ignorance is palpable. cheesy

You simply always want to shout other opinions down. Shouting is not intelligence neither is starting your every comment with liar liar when you are the one who has actually been lying as I showed above from the same bible hub you claim said heaven and not heavens. The same bible hub even went further to also say UNIVERSE and not just HEAVENS. grin

1 Like

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by CoolUsername: 5:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You clearly saw me say FORCE OR ENERGY. If you wish to call God a Force all well and good. If you wish to call God creative energy all well and good too. I was not carrying out a comparison.

Even by definition, those terms don't make any sense in this context.
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by dalaman: 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
butterflyl1on:

No it never said he created them "together". However what is clear is that he mentioned creating the heavens and then the earth in that order.

It said it created the heaven and the earth in the beginning. No order of creation was mentioned .

These are various translations below also from Bible hub

Does this not show you to be a liar and a twister of truth? grin cheesy

There are a lot of English translations of the bible and a lot of them are NOT accurate. They translate the words inaccurately or use manuscript that are not even reliable. Even the KJV which is considered as one of the most respected translations use heaven.

The bible does NOT mention the universe. It is apologist lies. The universe is all existing matter and space considered as a whole and not the heavens and the earth. The bible talks about the God creatingthe heaven and the earth in the beginning and not the universe. Any spin remains your own making. If the writers of the creation myth wanted to say universe they would have written it. To them God created the heaven and the earth in the beginning.

These are all mordern bible translations that gave it a new meaning. The original Hebrew word used there means Heaven ad NOT heavens.

I can show you more of what these your writers who you claim are not scientific wrote that totally agrees with science today. Want to see?

You can only show me your lies and spins or steal another person's opinion and claim it is yours.

They had no need to.

Anybody that knows anything about our planet can not talk about its origin without mentioning our parent star which is our sun. To them God created the heaven and the earth in the beginning. They didn't know anything about the position of the sun and said it was created on the 4th day of creation together with the stars. They didn't even know what the stars are, in many places they talked about the stars falling into the earth. If they know anything

When did I say they were created together? Can you show me? cheesy

The bible said so.

Whenever you write and end in this your predictable way I just burst out laughing because your ignorance is palpable. cheesy

You simply always want to shout other opinions down. Shouting is not intelligence neither is starting your every comment with liar liar when you are the one who has actually been lying as I showed above from the same bible hub you claim said heaven and not heavens. The same bible hub even went further to also say UNIVERSE and not just HEAVENS. grin

You didn't show me anywhere where universe was written in any bible translations. You just showed me heavens.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by butterflyl1on: 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
CoolUsername:

Even by definition, those terms don't make any sense in this context.

Sigh. This is not about definition. This is me simply saying YOU CAN CHOOSE TO SAY IT ANY WAY YOU PLEASE BUT THAT IS STILL GOD. BE IT A FORCE OF CREATION OR AN ENERGY SOURCE FOR CREATION IT IS STILL GOD.
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by butterflyl1on: 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2018
dalaman:

It said it created the heaven and the earth in the beginning. No order of creation was mentioned .

Really? I guess when you write the highest first and then followed by the lower one like when the bible says HEAVENS AND EARTH. heavens being higher that does not show order of creation right? Maybe it would have been better if it was written earth and heavens. I am sure you would have quickly seen that and claimed it was a biblical error right? grin continue deceiving yourself.

There are a lot of English translations of the bible and a lot of them are NOT accurate. They translate the words inaccurately or use manuscript that are not even reliable. Even the KJV which is considered as one of the most respected translations use heaven.

A lot are not accurate says an online unknown atheist who has NEVER transcribed ancient literature in his life.

The bible does NOT mention the universe. It is apologist lies. The universe is all existing matter and space considered as a whole and not the heavens and the earth. The bible talks about the God creatingthe heaven and the earth in the beginning and not the universe. Any spin remains your own making. If the writers of the creation myth wanted to say universe they would have written it. To them God created the heaven and the earth in the beginning

You need help with your ignorance. Let me help you. You say the Bible does not mention universe and heavens does not mean universe?

This is everyday English I about to teach you alright? When we say HEAVENLY BODIES what do we mean? Feel free to use Google and make sure you post your detailed answer here for all to read.

These are all mordern bible translations that gave it a new meaning. The original Hebrew word used there means Heaven ad NOT heavens.

What is the original Hebrew word. Paste it here.

You can only show me your lies and spins or steal another person's opinion and claim it is yours.

Your lies are exposing you grin

Anybody that knows anything about our planet can not talk about its origin without mentioning our parent star which is our sun. To them God created the heaven and the earth in the beginning. They didn't know anything about the position of the sun and said it was created on the 4th day of creation together with the stars. They didn't even know what the stars are, in many places they talked about the stars falling into the earth. If they know anything

The sun is part of our universe or THE HEAVENS as the Bible declared it. So like I said, find out what the term HEAVENLY BODIES means and slap yourself when you do. Maybe you can change it from heavenly bodies to spacely bodies grin

The bible said so.

Why do you now lie that the bible said so when you said I WAS THE ONE WHO SAID SO? liar dalaman cheesy

You didn't show me anywhere where universe was written in any bible translations. You just showed me heavens.

Liar liar dalaman grin

You say universe was not written anywhere from Bible hub translations that I posted? cheesy

You can lie for atheism sha grin let me post it again. Watch the ones in red you liar.

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Good News Translation

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation

JPS Tanakh 1917

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

Douay-Rheims Bible

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

World English Bible

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by dalaman: 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Really? I guess when you write the highest first and then followed by the lower one like when the bible says HEAVENS AND EARTH. heavens being higher that does not show order of creation right? Maybe it would have been better if it was written earth and heavens. I am sure you would have quickly seen that and claimed it was a biblical error right? grin continue deceiving yourself.

This is elementary stuff.

This is very simple English. There is no order there.

If there was any order of progress then it will be written like this :

"In the beginning God created the heaven then the earth ".

And there means together or jointly.

From the dictionary:

and
ənd,(ə)n,and/
conjunction
used to connect words of the same part of speech, clauses, or sentences, that are to be taken jointly.
"bread and butter"
synonyms: together with, along with, also, too; besides.

Let me give you a simple example.

I went inside the house and I saw James and his son. It simple means I saw them together. It doesn't mean that James is higher than hos son that is why I mentioned him first. If I wanted to state it in order of progress then it will be "I saw James then his son".

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth simple means there were created together in the beginning. The dictionary clearly states the meaning. In the beginning Yahweh createdthe heaven and the earth which exist in the bible. He did not create the universe we know.

A lot are not accurate says an online unknown atheist who has NEVER transcribed ancient literature in his life

Argue with your fellow christians scholars not me.

"
Between 1700 and 1900, The greatest missionary work in church history occurred relying on the Authorized King James version. This alone tells us that the KJV (1611) is the true Word of God because of "the fruits" it produced. On the other hand, look at the fruits these new so-called "dynamic equivalent" versions of the Bible have produced (abortionists, rampant homosexuality, and legislators and judges who back those things - Columbine?).

Church of England Bishop Brooke Foss Westcott and Cambridge University Professor Fenton John Anthony Hort were the driving force behind the Revised Version of 1881 which these new bibles above are based on. This was a replacement of the pure texts and not a revision of the language of the King James. It can reasonably said that these two men are directly responsible for the spiritual backbone lacking in most pulpits today, because of the changes brought about through their corrupt text.

All of the other newer Bible versions, such as the NIV, NASB, etc. are based upon another manuscript family known as the Alexandrian Manuscript family which was put together by Origen of Alexandria, Egypt in about the 2nd century. Most scholars agree Origen was a heretic because of his denial of essential doctrines. In all, there are over 5,000 major changes between the Majority Text (KJV & Douay Reims) and the Minority Text (all other newer bibles).

The two best renditions of the Bible that have had the least amount of change are the King James and the older versions of the Douay Reims. "

https://www.bibleprobe.com/falsebibles.htm

You need help with your ignorance. Let me help you. You say the Bible does not mention universe and heavens does not mean universe?

This is everyday English I about to teach you alright? When we say HEAVENLY BODIES what do we mean? Feel free to use Google and make sure you post your detailed answer here for all to read.

What is the original Hebrew word. Paste it here.

The bible says God created heaven and earth and you are here shouting universe. The heaven and earth were jointly created together in the begging according to the bible. The planet earth didn' come into existence at the beginning according to science.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by butterflyl1on: 7:11pm On Feb 21, 2018
[quote author=dalaman post=65261191]

This is elementary stuff.

This is very simple English. There is no order there.

If there was any order of progress then it will be written like this :

"In the beginning God created the heaven then the earth ".

And there means together or jointly.

From the dictionary:

and
ənd,(ə)n,and/
conjunction
used to connect words of the same part of speech, clauses, or sentences, that are to be taken jointly.
"bread and butter"
synonyms: together with, along with, also, too; besides.

Let me give you a simple example.

I went inside the house and I saw James and his son. It simple means I saw them together. It doesn't mean that James is higher than hos son that is why I mentioned him first. If I wanted to state it in order of progress then it will be "I saw James then his son".

The example you gave says " I went outside the house AND I saw James AND his son.

First you went outside the house before you saw James and his son. Without going outside there would be no seeing of James and his son. That is how AND is ALSO used in a sentence.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth simple means there were created together in the beginning. The dictionary clearly states the meaning. In the beginning Yahweh createdthe heaven and the earth which exist in the bible. He did not create the universe we know

I just showed you from your own example given above that there is a sequence grin.

Argue with your fellow christians scholars not me.

"
Between 1700 and 1900, The greatest missionary work in church history occurred relying on the Authorized King James version. This alone tells us that the KJV (1611) is the true Word of God because of "the fruits" it produced. On the other hand, look at the fruits these new so-called "dynamic equivalent" versions of the Bible have produced (abortionists, rampant homosexuality, and legislators and judges who back those things - Columbine?).

Church of England Bishop Brooke Foss Westcott and Cambridge University Professor Fenton John Anthony Hort were the driving force behind the Revised Version of 1881 which these new bibles above are based on. This was a replacement of the pure texts and not a revision of the language of the King James. It can reasonably said that these two men are directly responsible for the spiritual backbone lacking in most pulpits today, because of the changes brought about through their corrupt text.

All of the other newer Bible versions, such as the NIV, NASB, etc. are based upon another manuscript family known as the Alexandrian Manuscript family which was put together by Origen of Alexandria, Egypt in about the 2nd century. Most scholars agree Origen was a heretic because of his denial of essential doctrines. In all, there are over 5,000 major changes between the Majority Text (KJV & Douay Reims) and the Minority Text (all other newer bibles).

The two best renditions of the Bible that have had the least amount of change are the King James and the older versions of the Douay Reims. "

https://www.bibleprobe.com/falsebibles.htm

I asked you to paste the Hebrew word which Heaven was translated from and you are writing epistle. grin cheesy

Or can your lies no longer produce the word?

The bible says God created heaven and earth and you are here shouting universe. The heaven and earth were jointly created together in the begging according to the bible. The planet earth didn'tcone into existence at the beginning accordingto science.

First you claimed that nowhere was universe written in Bible hub list which I showed you and then I showed you your lies and you are still shouting.

I asked you to check google for what HEAVENLY BODIES means and paste your findings here. Since you are clearly now dodging it because it would further show you to be a liar let me do this for you.

Noun. heavenly body (plural heavenly bodies) A natural celestial object, visible in the sky, such as a star, planet, natural satellite, asteroid, comet, the Moon or the Sun. Objects flying or moving in the atmosphere are not usually considered as heavenly bodies. An astronomical object.

Source: https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/heavenly_body

Heavenly bodies are the things that make up the universe, such as stars, planets and smaller objects. Within these categories are many different variations instead of one single type. Stars include small red dwarfs, even smaller neutron stars, and stars larger than the Earth's Sun. These are large, gaseous objects that emit light that can be seen in the sky. Planets come in various shapes and sizes, such as the gas giant Jupiter, ringed Saturn, water-covered Earth and rocky Mercury. Smaller items include moons, comets and asteroids. Moons are linked with planets, while comets and asteroids float more freely throughout galaxies and solar systems.

Source: https://www.reference.com/science/heavenly-bodies-6de35d684354b30a

Show me the Hebrew word which you say "heaven" was transcribed from and shoot down this post of mine that calls you a liar and which says the the word is heavens and that heavens means universe.

Where is the word? cheesy
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by budaatum: 9:19pm On Feb 21, 2018
א  בְּרֵאשִׁית, בָּרָא אֱלֹהִים, אֵת הַשָּׁמַיִם, וְאֵת הָאָרֶץ.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by dalaman: 11:27pm On Feb 21, 2018
butterflyl1on:

The example you gave says " I went outside the house AND I saw James AND his son.

First you went outside the house before you saw James and his son. Without going outside there would be no seeing of James and his son. That is how AND is ALSO used in a sentence.

Seeing James and his son is the point I want to make. It will be better put like this" When I went inside the house I saw James and his son". Meaning I saw them together inside the house. If I wanted to make a sequence it will ne I saw James then his son. The an simplymeans I saw them together.

I have you the dictionary meaning of the word and, it says it is used to connect words that are to be taken jointly together. Here it is again.

conjunction

In the beginningGod created the heaven and the earth.

If there is a sequence it will ne written like this :

In the beginning God created the heaven then the earth.

And as the dictionary shows simple means it connects them jointly.

I just showed you from your own example given above that there is a sequence

I went inside the house and saw James and his son. Where is the sequence in who I saw first? I saw them together and used the word and to show the connection that it was a jointly. I know you will always want to lie and spin things.

I asked you to paste the Hebrew word which Heaven was translated from and you are writing epistle. grin cheesy

Or can your lies no longer produce the word?

I didn't write anything. I am notnlike you that will copy peoopes materials and post them as mine. I just showed you where your fellow christian scholars have clearly stated that most of the new bible translation are gotten from manuscript they said are not credible and they also clearly stated that most of the their translations are equally not credible as well. Argue with them.

First you claimed that nowhere was universe written in Bible hub list which I showed you and then I showed you your lies and you are still shouting.

I asked you to check google for what HEAVENLY BODIES means and paste your findings here. Since you are clearly now dodging it because it would further show you to be a liar let me do this for you.

Show me specifically where I said that universe was not written in the BIBLE HUB list you posted. JUSTSHOW ME exactly where I said that. What has heaven and earth got to do with heavenly bodies? We are talking about a book that says some God created heaven and earth together in the beginning and you are jumping to heavenly bodies. Where is heavenly bodies mentioned in Genesis?

Source: https://www.reference.com/science/heavenly-bodies-6de35d684354b30a

Show me the Hebrew word which you say "heaven" was transcribed from and shoot down this post of mine that calls you a liar and which says the the word is heavens and that heavens means universe.

Where is the word?

The Hebrew word used there is Shamayim.

Here is what it means:

◄ 8064. shamayim ►

Strong's Concordance
shamayim: heaven, sky

Original Word: שָׁמַ֫יִם
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: shamayim
Phonetic Spelling: (shaw-mah'-yim)
Short Definition: heaven
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from an unused word
Definition
heaven, sky

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/8064.htm
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by damosky12(m): 12:18am On Feb 22, 2018
dalaman:

Seeing James and his son is the point I want to make. It will be better put like this" When I went inside the house I saw James and his son". Meaning I saw them together inside the house. If I wanted to make a sequence it will ne I saw James then his son. The an simplymeans I saw them together.

I have you the dictionary meaning of the word and, it says it is used to connect words that are to be taken jointly together. Here it is again.

conjunction

Stop the confusion for your sake. See how that portion in Genesis use "and". It will help you get the context in verse 1.

Genesis 1:3-6
[4]And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
[5]And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
[6]And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Common sense shows that the " and" used here isn't used just as a conjunction but as sequential term. Apparently, the grammatical laws of KJV do not tally with your redundant lectures on conjunction. You don't have to argue with the glaring. God created the heavens AND the earth. In the context of Genesis 1, "and" there connotes sequence.
Besides, from that same Genesis 1, its clear that God picks His creations one after the other. He didn't created all things all at once. Sequence played a key role in God's creative activity. Genesis 1:1 does not depict otherwise... except you choose to delude yourself.

I didn't write anything. I am notnlike you that will copy peoopes materials and post them as mine. I just showed you where your fellow christian scholars have clearly stated that most of the new bible translation are gotten from manuscript they said are not credible and they also clearly stated that most of the their translations are equally not credible as well. Argue with them.

Show me specifically where I said that universe was not written in the BIBLE HUB list you posted. JUSTSHOW ME exactly where I said that. What has heaven and earth got to do with heavenly bodies? We are talking about a book that says some God created heaven and earth together in the beginning and you are jumping to heavenly bodies. Where is heavenly bodies mentioned in Genesis?

Here is what it means:

◄ 8064. shamayim ►

Strong's Concordance

Word Origin
from an unused word
Definition
heaven, sky

Here is the word and meaning according to Sword concordance.

shâmayim shâmeh

Meaning:
... from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds {move} as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve).

Clearly, this doesn't connote God's abode as you earlier supposed. It undoubtedly alludes to the universe, only with an archaic parlance.
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by butterflyl1on: 12:35am On Feb 22, 2018
dalaman:

conjunction

I went inside the house and saw James and his son. Where is the sequence in who I saw first? I saw them together and used the word and to show the connection that it was a jointly. I know you will always want to lie and spin things

Sorry again you are wrong. . Connection is also in sequence. For example

The boy laughed cheerfully and jumped out or

We had a field trip. And we went to the zoo. And we saw monkeys. And they were funny. And then we went home. And the bus was noisy.

You can go into the house in your sentence and see James in one room and then his son walks into the same room and you saw him too but it does not change the fact that you saw James first and the son second.

I didn't write anything. I am notnlike you that will copy peoopes materials and post them as mine. I just showed you where your fellow christian scholars have clearly stated that most of the new bible translation are gotten from manuscript they said are not credible and they also clearly stated that most of the their translations are equally not credible as well. Argue with them

So most now translates to heavens being transcribed from shamayim is wrong right? Your desperation to create something that was neither said nor hinted at is laughable. grin.

Show me specifically where I said that universe was not written in the BIBLE HUB list you posted. JUSTSHOW ME exactly where I said that.

grin Your words in marble

Despite that I made all the words bold you claimed I did not show you oh ye liar. cheesy

What has heaven and earth got to do with heavenly bodies? We are talking about a book that says some God created heaven and earth together in the beginning and you are jumping to heavenly bodies. Where is heavenly bodies mentioned in Genesis?

You said heavens does not mean the universe so I asked you a simple question which was for you to tell me what heavenly bodies are. The universe consists of stars, planets etc. Heavenly bodies are stars, planets etc. If you cannot see the correlation then sorry is your case.

Here is what it means:

◄ 8064. shamayim ►

Strong's Concordance

Word Origin
from an unused word
Definition
heaven, sky

grin Chai you can lie for atheism.

shaw-mah'-yim
Definition
heaven, heavens, sky
visible heavens, sky
as abode of the stars
as the visible universe, the sky, atmosphere, etc

Heaven (as the abode of God

Also this is the fuller version of the bible hub you deceptively posted.

◄ 8064. shamayim ►
Strong's Concordance

Word Origin
from an unused word
Definition
heaven, sky
NASB Translation
astrologers* (1), compass (1), earth (1), heaven (191), heaven and the highest (2), heaven and the highest heavens (1), heaven of heavens (1), heavenly (3), heavens (151), heavens and the highest (1), highest heaven (1), highest heaven (1), highest heavens (4), horizons (1), other* (1), sky (50).

Brown-Driver-Briggs
[שָׁמַי] noun masculineDeuteronomy 33:28 only plural שָׁמַ֫יִם421 (Sta§324 a) heavens, sky (Late Hebrew id.; Assyrian šamû plural šamê, šamûtu, also šamâmu, compare Phoenician שמם; Sabean סמה HomChr 46, 124; Arabic Ethiopic Aramaic שְׁמַיָּא ; Palmyrene, Nabataean שמ(י)ן in proper name (compounded with בעל) Lzb153 GACooke45; on plural form see BaZMG xiii (1888), 341 f.); — absolute ׳שׁ Genesis 1:1 +, מָ֑יִם- Genesis 2:4 +; הַשָּׁמַ֫יְמָה Exodus 9:8 +; construct שְׁמֵי Deuteronomy 10:14 9t.; suffix שָׁמֶיךָ Psalm 8:4 2t., שָׁמָיו Deuteronomy 33:28, שְׁמֵיכֶם Leviticus 26:19, with verb plural, Hosea 2:23; —
1. a. visible heavens, sky, where stars, etc., are Judges 5:20; Genesis 15:5 (J), Deuteronomy 4:19; Genesis 1:14,15,17 (P), hence ׳כּוֺכְבֵי הַשּׁ Genesis 22:17 (JE) = 9 t. (usually as countless), ׳(כָּלֿ) צְבָא הַשּׁ Deuteronomy 4:19; Jeremiah 8:2 + ( ׳צ

Also here

Greek/Hebrew Definitions

Strong's #8064: shamayim (pronounced shaw-mah'-yim)
dual of an unused singular shameh {shaw-meh'}; from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve):--air, X astrologer, heaven(-s).

Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon:

ׁ / ׁ
shâmayim / shâmeh
1) heaven, heavens, sky
1a) visible heavens, sky
1a1) as abode of the stars
1a2) as the visible universe, the sky, atmosphere
, etc

You are showing me SHORT DEFINITION DECEPTIVELY. and leaving out the broader definitions.

What you fail to realise is that shamayim is also a plural word used for heavens as well as a singular word used for heaven. Keep on lying for atheism. grin
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by superhumanist(m): 3:19am On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:

shaw-mah'-yim
Definition
heaven, heavens, sky
visible heavens, sky
as abode of the stars

◄ 8064. shamayim ►
Strong's Concordance

Word Origin
from an unused word
Definition
heaven, sky
NASB Translation
astrologers* (1), compass (1), earth (1), heaven (191), heaven and the highest (2), heaven and the highest heavens (1), heaven of heavens (1), heavenly (3), heavens (151), heavens and the highest (1), highest heaven (1), highest heaven (1), highest heavens (4), horizons (1), other* (1), sky (50).

Brown-Driver-Briggs
[שָׁמַי] noun masculineDeuteronomy 33:28 only plural שָׁמַ֫יִם421 (Sta§324 a) heavens, sky (Late Hebrew id.; Assyrian šamû plural šamê, šamûtu, also šamâmu, compare Phoenician שמם; Sabean סמה HomChr 46, 124; Arabic Ethiopic Aramaic שְׁמַיָּא ; Palmyrene, Nabataean שמ(י)ן in proper name (compounded with בעל) Lzb153 GACooke45; on plural form see BaZMG xiii (1888), 341 f.); — absolute ׳שׁ Genesis 1:1 +, מָ֑יִם- Genesis 2:4 +; הַשָּׁמַ֫יְמָה Exodus 9:8 +; construct שְׁמֵי Deuteronomy 10:14 9t.; suffix שָׁמֶיךָ Psalm 8:4 2t., שָׁמָיו Deuteronomy 33:28, שְׁמֵיכֶם Leviticus 26:19, with verb plural, Hosea 2:23; —
1. a. visible heavens, sky, where stars, etc., are Judges 5:20; Genesis 15:5 (J), Deuteronomy 4:19; Genesis 1:14,15,17 (P), hence ׳כּוֺכְבֵי הַשּׁ Genesis 22:17 (JE) = 9 t. (usually as countless), ׳(כָּלֿ) צְבָא הַשּׁ Deuteronomy 4:19; Jeremiah 8:2 + ( ׳צ

Also here

Greek/Hebrew Definitions

dual of an unused singular shameh {shaw-meh'}; from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve):--air, X astrologer, heaven(-s).

Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew

ׁ / ׁ
shâmayim / shâmeh
1) heaven, heavens, sky
1a) visible heavens, sky
, etc

You are showing me SHORT DEFINITION DECEPTIVELY. and leaving out the broader definitions.

What you fail to realise is that shamayim is also a plural word used for heavens as well as a singular word used for heaven. Keep on lying for atheism. grin

Bros, there is no need for long talk.

1. The concept of universe is a modern one. The Bible could not have said anything about a universe. You just have a modernist bias in translation of archaic words. Note that the Bible never mentioned planets and neither did it refer to the sun as a star. Such astronomy was beyond them.

2. The Bible is contradictory to both itself and science. There are 2 separate creation accounts in the Bible. Apologists have tried to reason it but it still doesn't make sense. They try to claim that one story is an overview and the other is a summary with a focus on man. False, the summary cannot contradict the whole. The same Bible tells us the nonsense that women came from the rib of man.

Oga, your Bible is not scientific. Yahweh did not create the sun as claimed. The sun is a result of older stars. Now, does your Bible confirm that?

Genesis 1:16
God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

The above verse forgets that the source of these lights is one star called the sun. The star is a result of older stars. As far as the earth is concerned, there is only one light, the sun. The verse also separates the light from stars, forgetting that the light is a result from the star.
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by dalaman: 4:32am On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Sorry again you are wrong. . Connection is also in sequence. For example

The boy laughed cheerfully and jumped out or

We had a field trip. And we went to the zoo. And we saw monkeys. And they were funny. And then we went home. And the bus was noisy.

You can go into the house in your sentence and see James in one room and then his son walks into the same room and you saw him too but it does not change the fact that you saw James first and the son second.

If I go into the house and see James before seeing his son and I want people to know the sequence I'll say I went inside the house and saw James then his son.

If I went in and saw both of them at the same time and want people to know I'll say I went inside and saw James and his son.

The heaven and the earth were created together in the beginning according to the bible.

So most now translates to heavens being transcribed from shamayim is wrong right? Your desperation to create something that was neither said nor hinted at is laughable. grin.

Yes, the most accurate translations like the JPS and even the king James version used Heaven, there is a reason why people claim these bible versions are the most accurate English translations. Go and argue with your fellow christian scholars that insist that most mordern translations are inaccurate.

grin Your words in marble
You are a liar for Jesus. You made a claim I never made. You LIED that I said no where was universe written in the bible hub. A claim I NEVER MADE. HeRe is what you said:

I never said anything about any bible hub list. I did not mention bible hub list my reply was directed at the list you dropped that had NO universe in it. But as the liar that you are you had to make things up and claim I said them. Where did I mention bible hub. You dropped a list that I will drop for you as a remainder and I replied to it.

Here it is:

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Good News Translation

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation

JPS Tanakh 1917

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

Douay-Rheims Bible

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

World English Bible

Despite that I made all the words bold you claimed I did not show you oh ye liar. cheesy

Universe did NOT appear in any of the translations you posted here and I rightly pointed it out I said:

You then claimed I said universe does NOT appearin any bible hub list. Can you show me specifically where I mentionedthe universe not appearing in any bible hub list? Keep telling lies for Jesus he must be very proud of you.

You said heavens does not mean the universe so I asked you a simple question which was for you to tell me what heavenly bodies are. The universe consists of stars, planets etc. Heavenly bodies are stars, planets etc. If you cannot see the correlation then sorry is your case.

Heavenly bodies can also mean angels. We are not discussing about heavenly bodies.

shaw-mah'-yim
Definition
heaven, heavens, sky
visible heavens, sky
as abode of the stars

◄ 8064. shamayim ►
Strong's Concordance

Word Origin
from an unused word
Definition
heaven, sky
NASB Translation

Brown-Driver-Briggs

Also here

Greek/Hebrew Definitions

Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon:

ׁ / ׁ
shâmayim / shâmeh
1) heaven, heavens, sky
1a) visible heavens, sky
, etc

You can clearly see where it talks about what I said. The most accurate English translations of the bible(not stated by me) used the word heaven as the most accurate translation of the Hebrew word. Go argue with them.
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by dalaman: 4:42am On Feb 22, 2018
damosky12:

Stop the confusion for your sake. See how that portion in Genesis use "and". It will help you get the context in verse 1.

Genesis 1:3-6
[4]And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
[5]And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
[6]And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Common sense shows that the " and" used here isn't used just as a conjunction but as sequential term. Apparently, the grammatical laws of KJV do not tally with your redundant lectures on conjunction. You don't have to argue with the glaring. God created the heavens AND the earth. In the context of Genesis 1, "and" there connotes sequence.
Besides, from that same Genesis 1, its clear that God picks His creations one after the other. He didn't created all things all at once. Sequence played a key role in God's creative activity. Genesis 1:1 does not depict otherwise... except you choose to delude yourself.

If you want me to accept what the bible says then I'llhave to accepteverything it says.

How did God separate light from darkness?

" And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

So God called the light Day and the darkness night after separating them abi? Is night and day a result of separation of light and arkness or because of the rotation of the earth?

It then went on to say the evening and morningwere the first day. First day how when the sun and stars were created on the fourth day.

The only source of light that causes day and night on our planet is from the sun. Day and night without the sun is impossible. The writers of the bible creation account do NOT know the role of the sun in occurrence of day and night, that was why they wrote this pile of ignorant rubbish.

Here is the word and meaning according to Sword concordance.

shâmayim shâmeh

Meaning:
... from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds {move} as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve).

Clearly, this doesn't connote God's abode as you earlier supposed. It undoubtedly alludes to the universe, only with an archaic parlance.

I gave you from the bible hub where it clearly states that it means God's abode.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by CoolUsername: 5:14am On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Sigh. This is not about definition. This is me simply saying YOU CAN CHOOSE TO SAY IT ANY WAY YOU PLEASE BUT THAT IS STILL GOD. BE IT A FORCE OF CREATION OR AN ENERGY SOURCE FOR CREATION IT IS STILL GOD.

So let's say we discover a phenomenon that creates energy from nothing, the way quantum mechanics creates matter in a vacuum, how does that equate to God? Isn't it just another physical phenomenon?

Doesn't it require omnipotence and sentience to be called God?
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by butterflyl1on: 7:22am On Feb 22, 2018
[s]author=dalaman post=65270222]

If I go into the house and see James before seeing his son and I want people to know the sequence I'll say I went inside the house and saw James then his son.

If I went in and saw both of them at the same time and want people to know I'll say I went inside and saw James and his son.[/s]

I will not keep repeating myself. I have said what I have said and you can keep on with your story telling.

[s]The heaven and the earth were created together in the beginning according to the bible.[/s]

Yes, the most accurate translations like the JPS and even the king James version used Heaven, there is a reason why people claim these bible versions are the most accurate English translations. Go and argue with your fellow christian scholars that insist that most mordern translations are inaccurate.

Scripture confirms scripture. The same word shamayim was used in other places in the scripture and you in your confusion do not know that the word "shamayim" is both singular and plural in nature. This means it stands for both heaven and heavens.

You are a liar for Jesus. You made a claim I never made. You LIED that I said no where was universe written in the bible hub. A claim I NEVER MADE. HeRe is what you said:

I never said anything about any bible hub list. I did not mention bible hub list my reply was directed at the list you dropped that had NO universe in it. But as the liar that you are you had to make things up and claim I said them. Where did I mention bible hub. You dropped a list that I will drop for you as a remainder and I replied to it.

Here it is
:

Why are you hellbent on this your dishonesty and lies. You gave me a Bible verse from biblehub which supported you and I showed you a list from the same biblehub that showed HEAVENS and UNIVERSE in the various translations. I even took the liberty of making all the portions bolded so you would see HEAVENS AND UNIVERSE clearly in the verses and translations. You still claimed not to see UNIVERSE anywhere. I now reposted the same biblehub list and this time PUT IN RED BOLDED TEXT where UNIVERSE was mentioned in the translations and here you are still saying it was not there? Even now you also posted the same list and UNIVERSE is clearly seen even on the one you posted yet you claim not to see it. International standard version used UNIVERSE and so did Good news translation on your very list. This shows you always see what you want to see and pretend that the others do not exist. Keep on lying and spreading your lies. cheesy

Universe did NOT appear in any of the translations you posted here and I rightly pointed it out I said:

You can lie for atheism you this man. Your lies must be real torture for you to keep up with. Kindly go back to my first list FROM BIBLEHUB (because all the translations are from Bible hub) and go through it again o ye liar. If you do not see UNIVERSE there in bold among the translations and then later on in a separate post I made sure to even put them In RED BOLD TEXT yet your God myopia did not allow you see it abi? Liar liar grin

You then claimed I said universe does NOT appearin any bible hub list. Can you show me specifically where I mentionedthe universe not appearing in any bible hub list? Keep telling lies for Jesus he must be very proud of you.

O ye liar. Go through what I posted and now make sure you put a tag of liar on yourself when done. grin

Heavenly bodies can also mean angels. We are not discussing about heavenly bodies.

We are talking about heavens meaning universe and the universe contains stars and planets. Heavenly bodies mean stars and planets. Now you want to add angels as a distraction when we are not talking about angels grin

O ye deceiver.

You can clearly see where it talks about what I said. The most accurate English translations of the bible(not stated by me) used the word heaven as the most accurate translation of the Hebrew word. Go argue with them.

And they also mentioned there that shamayim was wrongly translated abi? grin

Keep on lying
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by damosky12(m): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2018
dalaman:

If you want me to accept what the bible says then I'llhave to accepteverything it says.

How did God separate light from darkness?

" And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

So God called the light Day and the darkness night after separating them abi? Is night and day a result of separation of light and arkness or because of the rotation of the earth?

oga, you were clearly flawed, yet you feel you must comment to give yourself an impression. I showed you a good number of example as to how "and" is used as a sequential term, all you do is just pick out the one you find most comfortable to twist. grin.

" And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.

Is this not clear enough. God FIRST called the Light day and THEN called the darkness night. That's what I showed you. That should educate you on how Genesis 1:1 portrays the creation of heavens (the universe) before earth.

It then went on to say the evening and morningwere the first day. First day how when the sun and stars were created on the fourth day.

The only source of light that causes day and night on our planet is from the sun. Day and night without the sun is impossible. Muhe writers of the bible creation account do NOT know the role of the sun in occurrence of day and night, that was why they wrote this pile of ignorant rubbish.

When God said
"Let there be light", what do you think came up?

Boy!
I can help.

Revelation 21:23
[23]And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

The Word, The Lamb, Jesus is Himself the source of the sun. He was the one that ensured energy on earth before the creation of the sun. He is the Light that ensured days and Nights. He ensured the process of photosynthesis.
He is the sun you are confused about.

John 1:4-5,9
[4]In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
[5]And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
[9]That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

The sun only reveals a portion of His light. He is the real light.

What makes you think we aren't scientists and philosophers ourselves?

If only you can be educated enough in true realities.

I gave you from the bible hub where it clearly states that it means God's abode.

Be straightforward.
Here is the concordance you gave.

"
Strong's Concordance
Word Origin
from an unused word
Definition
heaven, sky "

Yet, it doesn't even say God's abode. Then, I helped you with a little more.

shâmayim shâmeh

... from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky ( as aloft the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds {move} as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve).

grin

Its clear bros. Stop struggling to cook out something from nothing. You aren't a magician.

1 Like

Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by dalaman: 9:46am On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:

I will not keep repeating myself. I have said what I have said and you can keep on with your story telling.

[s]The heaven and the earth were created together in the beginning according to the bible.[/s]

Yes according to the bible the heaven and earth were created together in the beginning. It's that simple.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth it days. It didn't say God created the heaven then the earth. Very simple English.

Scripture confirms scripture. The same word shamayim was used in other places in the scripture and you in your confusion do not know that the word "shamayim" is both singular and plural in nature. This means it stands for both heaven and heavens.

Maybe you know better than the people that translated the most accurate English translation of the Hebrew Bible the JPS and the King James version which still remains the most popular and widely recognized as the most accurate English translation. They translated ot as Heaven. Go and argue with them.

:

Why are you hellbent on this your dishonesty and lies. You gave me a Bible verse from biblehub which supported you and I showed you a list from the same biblehub that showed HEAVENS and UNIVERSE in the various translations. I even took the liberty of making all the portions bolded so you would see HEAVENS AND UNIVERSE clearly in the verses and translations. You still claimed not to see UNIVERSE anywhere. I now reposted the same biblehub list and this time PUT IN RED BOLDED TEXT where UNIVERSE was mentioned in the translations and here you are still saying it was not there? Even now you also posted the same list and UNIVERSE is clearly seen even on the one you posted yet you claim not to see it. International standard version used UNIVERSE and so did Good news translation on your very list. This shows you always see what you want to see and pretend that the others do not exist. Keep on lying and spreading your lies. cheesy

Here is your very first quote. Universe does not appearin it. And that was what I responded to Mr lie lie. Show me where universe appears in it.

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

King James Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Good News Translation

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation

JPS Tanakh 1917

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

Douay-Rheims Bible

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

World English Bible

Show me where you posted anything that has the word universe in this first reply you made which I replied to. It was after I replied that you lied that I said no bible hub list had universe in it and you went to bring it. Show me universe from the first list you posted or accept that you lied.

You can lie for atheism you this man. Your lies must be real torture for you to keep up with. Kindly go back to my first list FROM BIBLEHUB (because all the translations are from Bible hub) and go through it again o ye liar. If you do not see UNIVERSE there in bold among the translations and then later on in a separate post I made sure to even put them In RED BOLD TEXT yet your God myopia did not allow you see it abi? Liar liar grin

I've shown you the very first list you posted which I replied to. Universe does not appear there.

O ye liar. Go through what I posted and now make sure you put a tag of liar on yourself when done. grin

We are talking about heavens meaning universe and the universe contains stars and planets. Heavenly bodies mean stars and planets. Now you want to add angels as a distraction when we are not talking about angels grin

O ye deceiver.

Based on the bible translations that we have the Hebrew word was translated as heaven in some and heavens in others. We haven't settled that yet and you are running to heavenly bodies. Heavenlybodies does not appear in the verse.

And they also mentioned there that shamayim was wrongly translated abi? grin

Keep on lying

They chose the best meaning in the context it was used. Go and argue with them.
Re: Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe by dalaman: 10:06am On Feb 22, 2018
damosky12:

oga, you were clearly flawed, yet you feel you must comment to give yourself an impression. I showed you a good number of example as to how "and" is used as a sequential term, all you do is just pick out the one you find most comfortable to twist. grin.

" And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.

Is this not clear enough. God FIRST called the Light day and THEN called the darkness night. That's what I showed you. That should educate you on how Genesis 1:1 portrays the creation of heavens (the universe) before earth.

God createdthe heaven and the earth in the beginning, it didn't say God created the heaven before the earth. That remains your own making. If it wants to say God created the heaven before the earth it will tate that God created the heaven then the earth.

When God said
"Let there be light", what do you think came up?

Boy!
I can help.

Revelation 21:23
[23]And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

The Word, The Lamb, Jesus is Himself the source of the sun. He was the one that ensured energy on earth before the creation of the sun. He is the Light that ensured days and Nights. He ensured the process of photosynthesis.
He is the sun you are confused about.

John 1:4-5,9
[4]In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
[5]And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
[9]That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

The sun only reveals a portion of His light. He is the real light.

What makes you think we aren't scientists and philosophers ourselves?

If only you can be educated enough in true realities.

Am talking about REALITY and you are regurgitatingancient mythology and folklore.

Do you know any source of light that shines on earth and is responsible for day and night other than the sun? If you do show it to us. What am I to do with ancient mythologicalnarratives that talks about day and night existing before the sun was created or that some lamb will light up some fictional place. Am talkingabout reality not mythology. If you know any source of light that is responsible for day and nit other than the sun just point to it. Am not interested in your mythical stories.

Be straightforward.
Here is the concordance you gave.

"
Strong's Concordance
Word Origin
from an unused word
Definition
heaven, sky "

Yet, it doesn't even say God's abode. Then, I helped you with a little more.

shâmayim shâmeh

... from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky ( as aloft the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds {move} as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve).

grin

Its clear bros. Stop struggling to cook out something from nothing. You aren't a magician.

shaw-mah'-yim
Definition
heaven, heavens, sky
visible heavens, sky
as abode of the stars
Heaven (as the abode of God)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You Preparing how to be living From September 2015 / Why You Should Ignore Atheists / 60 Questions For The Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 240
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.