Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (45286 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by beautifulage(f): 4:58pm On Feb 19, 2018
PETUK:
if you ever read the Bible you'll know it's wrong
please who that reads the Bible tells about it what portion of the Bible can we find it Biko?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Mup4life: 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
kassano22:

We all die someday but dying for what you believe should not be in question. She made a decision when she became a witness and we should respect that.
And you don't believe the child has a right to life ? If the woman made her decision, what about the child?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Ishilove: 5:06pm On Feb 19, 2018
Josh44s:
The worst is how they knock on your gate. You will think Buhari has finally seen all the insults you have been insulting him on social media and has sent DSS directly to your doorstep. That was how some almost gave me heart attack on Sunday with their knocking. embarassed
In short enh. One Sunday like that i was in the bathroom when they knocked the way you described. That is how i ran out of the bathroom, tied towel and almost fainted when I discovered who wanted to break my gate down. Mscheew angry
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by bigtt76(f): 5:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
Oooh ...I wasn't looking at the logistics though I know some hospitals have got blood banks though. Thanks for the clarification.

BCISLTD:

I got you perfectly the first time ...but you are not getting my point...I’m talking about logistics and being prepared for that occurrence in our very own naija...in the movies and in the states it’s easy to have all possibilities checked ...but in naija ..how u wan store the blood..when u go draw the blood...most likely you’ll know about blood transfusions on the operating table ...

Nothing concern me with their doctrines ...

About the books..reading and learning...I think I got that covered
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
Ishilove:

In short enh. One Sunday like that i was in the bathroom when they knocked the way you described. That is how i ran out of the bathroom, tied towel and almost fainted when I discovered who wanted to break my gate down. Mscheew angry

The guilty are afraid
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by MVLOX(m): 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
Mup4life:
And you also fail to note that people accept TRANSFUSION and also LIVES.

So people do not die after your blodless TREATMENTS? Tell me something brother.

And you and most pple here also failed to note that people reject TRANSFUSION and also LIVE.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Josh44s(m): 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
Ishilove:

I have decided to always release my male Caucasian dog every Sunday morning hence forth, since they usually come on Sundays. God will understand and not judge me. I cannot die of heart attack cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by donbenie(m): 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
nnekaike:
Are you married, are you a woman,are you a doctor.Don't type without reasoning make your research well.Read the story again.No hospital will leave a woman in labour for 3days.labour not contraction.
Yes am married and yes am a Doctor,how long she was in labour is immaterial to the authenticity of the story as this is a well known issue with JW patients..
This is the very same mentality that Boko Haram and other religious fanatics use to justify the Murder of Innocents,I bet you this same Coward will not think twice about saving his sorry *SS if it's been his life on the line..so whichever blood sucking demon he has as a god will look at him,pat his head and tell him well done my child? SMH...
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Olowo2015(m): 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2018
I don't understand your argument here OP, Does it mean even if she takes the blood, she will not die, if she takes blood she can still die so let look at it from that angle
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Mup4life: 5:31pm On Feb 19, 2018
MVLOX:

And you and most pple here also failed to note that people reject TRANSFUSION and also LIVE.

Oh.........i never failed to understand that, you forget you are based in nigeria or something where our medical facilities are not up to scratch? Not having a blood transfusion at this point has made everything open to debate(what if she did and she saved her life and that of her baby)?

Well if she did and still did not make it, then you can confidently say we did what was necessary and still could not save her.

If you are are staunch believers of these doctrines, i don't see what's stopping you from not visiting public or private hospitals. Establish your own public and private hospitals, train your doctors to be JW doctrines compliant and make all the equipments ready for your members for such emergencies. Instead of subjecting people to pain and suffering. Even jesus worked on the sabbath day, which he was supposed to observe.

The government should not be responsible for your beliefs. Doctors are trained for everbody and not for some minority.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kassano22(m): 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2018
donbenie:
Yes am married and yes am a Doctor,how long she was in labour is immaterial to the authenticity of the story as this is a well known issue with JW patients..
This is the very same mentality that Boko Haram and other religious fanatics use to justify the Murder of Innocents,I bet you this same Coward will not think twice about saving his sorry *SS if it's been his life on the line..so whichever blood sucking demon he has as a god will look at him,pat his head and tell him well done my child? SMH...
Just respect there faith, just like you expect others to respect yours. If your a doctor and can't handle there case let them know. Case closed.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Awoo88: 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
Josh44s:
The worst is how they knock on your gate. You will think Buhari has finally seen all the insults you have been insulting him on social media and has sent DSS directly to your doorstep. That was how some almost gave me heart attack on Sunday with their knocking. embarassed
Stop insulting Buhari if you chicken livered.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Awoo88: 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2018
kassano22:

Just respect there faith, just like you expect others to respect yours. If your a doctor and can't handle there case let them know. Case closed.
Any body who allow another human to die in the name of religion does not deserve respect not the faith he/she professes
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Mup4life: 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2018
Olowo2015:
I don't understand your argument here OP, Does it mean even if she takes the blood, she will not die, if she takes blood she can still die so let look at it from that angle
This is uncertainty, To avoid uncertainty you have to do it, because she could have lived.

When it comes to a human live you have to do everything possible, if the die you know you tried but it failed.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Mup4life: 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2018
kassano22:

This is not faith, This is MADNESS.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kassano22(m): 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2018
Awoo88:

Any body who allow another human to die in the name of religion does not deserve respect not the faith he/she professes
You don't have all the facts, you weren't even there. Don't make quick judgements on issues you have little or no informations.
This same witnesses died because they refuse to take up arms and kill in wars. Please don't be the judge. We have a perfect judge already.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kassano22(m): 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
Mup4life:
This is not faith, This is MADNESS.
What is it MADNESS?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by ibietela2(m): 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
bigtt76:
The hospital will advise you on that option if you tell them you're a JW member undecided

If you don't have blood how do you want to save the same blood?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Saintdaprince(m): 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
B4 I comment fully on this subject, may I ask if there is any Witness member here who can throw more light from the scriptures why the don't accept blood infusion.

I really want to know why the maybe against such a practice.

Waiting......
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by bigfrancis21: 6:07pm On Feb 19, 2018
lilyheaven:
Yes! Her soul will enter new Jerusalem because she didn't break the rule, and her husband will marry another wife.

Nope, according to JWs, after death you lay dead till resurrection day to repopulate the earth again.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by bigfrancis21: 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
idu1:
It's their choice. But the woman herself can consent to her treatment whether the husband likes it or not.

That's what I thought too.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by ejimatic: 6:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
It is painful that the woman died. A lot of complications can arise during pregnancies-One of them is anamiea. This is usually managed if a pregnant woman is supervised medically before delivery-However when it comes to blood transfusion, patient decision must be respected-it is a medical ethic.I have seen a lot of Jehovah s witnesses in this anamiec condition , yet they gave birth to bouncing babies.I sympathise with the man and his household.may God comfort him.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by badhtking(m): 6:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
The man been dey wait for Jehovah to witness and takeover from the doctor

Cmon sense no too Cmon grin
You Na badht Person o
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by MVLOX(m): 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
Mup4life:
Oh.........i never failed to understand that, you forget you are based in nigeria or something where our medical facilities are not up to scratch? Not having a blood transfusion at this point has made everything open to debate(what if she did and she saved her life and that of her baby)?

Well if she did and still did not make it, then you can confidently say we did what was necessary and still could not save her.

If you are are staunch believers of these doctrines, i don't see what's stopping you from not visiting public or private hospitals. Establish your own public and a private hospitals, train your doctors to be JW doctrines compliant and make all the es ready for your members for such emergencies. Instead of subjecting people to pain and suffering. Even Jesus' worked on the sabbath day, which he was supposed to observe.

The government should not be responsible for your beliefs. Doctors are trained for everbody and not for some minority.

More reason I even know the story is a lie.. The husband has no right over the wife the woman's wishes. All the doctors needed was the woman's approval. That's if this story even happened. Do yourself a favor and do a very simple research on bloodless surgeries and yes more doctors going bloodless
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by dany4life(m): 6:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
Amagite2:
A Nigerian man has narrated how a Jehovah's Witness refused blood transfusion for his pregnant wife and watched her die in the hospital.

According to Ajayi Afolabi, he gave the man a slap for the act. Read the story below...

"So, I was at a General Hospital in Lagos while an heavily pregnant woman was rushed in on child labour. She was immediately taken to the theater and after some mins, one ofthe lead doctors came out to request for the husband ofthe pregnant lady.
DOC: Your wife is short of blood. She needs an immediate blood transfusion.

Husband: Same thing they said from the hospital she has been in the last 3 days of labour. We are Jehovah witness, we don't accept unknown blood.

DOC: This is highly important to save your wife's life and the unborn baby.

Husband: We have worked for the lord with all our strength, he can't fail us, she can't die.

DOC: I may need to proceed forcefully if you don't accept.
Husband: Then be ready to face the law in court.

So the doctor went back to the theater, asked the woman if she has another relative close by who can sign to receive blood while she was wheeled out of the theater. The woman cried with her pale eyes and begged the husband to allow the doctors transfuse but he refused bluntly. I was so angry and I walked up to him. Tried convincing but he was so adamant and stubborn.

Some mins later, the doctors asked him to take his wife to LUTH, for better health care facilities that could condole non blood transfusion. He was requested to get an ambulance for transportation. To my surprise, this nigga got a Volvo stretcher ambulance meant for dead people. Gosh, so angry at this point.
Called a couple of people around and I aided a quick release of a proper life saving ambulance. While wheeling this woman to the ambulance after wasting about 4hours, she gave up in tears and was later confirmed that the unborn baby also died.

Wow! What a wicked world in the name of a borrowed religion. Then the husband bursted into tears. I didn't do much, I moved close, looked straight into his eyes, slapped and gave him a couple kicks which later threw the whole general hospital into chaos.

I later reminisced over it the following day and asked myself this questions; why would I allow my loved one die in the name of a religion? Should the religion save lives or kill?
"

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/02/jehovahs-witness-refused-blood-transfusion-pregnant-wife-till-died.html
it's a pity some bloggers do everything to get their Link's and site clicked by curious readers, any good thinking person will see the lies in your story , no1 its against the ethics of medical profession for a doctor discuss a petients medical condition To anybody or in the public unauthorized, hence such issue as this are discussed in doctors office without you present, how come you are relating their discussion word for word? No2 you said woman is in the theatre how you qouted the woman how she pleaded to her husband and her husbands response to her, where you in the theatre with them too? No3 if the woman was consious so as to plead with the husband no doctor will ask dwell on the husbands decision to treat the woman because she is an adult and not a minor and cant be treated against her wishes, the doctors knows that and will not transfer the patient right for treatment to the husband when she can still talk. Please be carefull how you deform other peoples caracter all in the name blogging, the eyes and rod of the law are coming on those who write anything in the name of blogging.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by mitchyy(f): 6:42pm On Feb 19, 2018
MVLOX:

More reason I even know the story is a lie.. The husband has no right over the wife the woman's wishes. All the doctors needed was the woman's approval. That's if this story even happened. Do yourself a favor and do a very simple research on bloodless surgeries and yes more doctors going bloodless

Exactly why I don't believe the story. The woman can decide for herself. Its a personal decision and the husband has no right over her life as long as she can speak. So the story doesn't add up one bit.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Ishilove: 7:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
Josh44s:

I have decided to always release my male Caucasian dog every Sunday morning hence forth, since they usually come on Sundays. God will understand and not judge me. I cannot die of heart attack cheesy

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
kennybelle:
this story looks cooked. are u saying you followed the doctor back to the theatre where the pregnant woman was, and u were there when she was asked of her other relatives? Jehovah's witnesses dnt accept blood but they're are not as heartless and brutal as you just described.

Oga those idiot jehova witness don't give their relative blood even at a point of death,
They even prefer death to taking blood. This is how I lose a school mate who had accident with motorcycle, his family refuse refused to give him blood till he died

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by donbenie(m): 7:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
kassano22:

Obviously the Doctors in this instance respected their faith and the tragic consequences of religious fanaticism have once again claimed INNOCENT LIVES..
Bet he is feeling all Smug in his Piety..
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Tolax17: 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2018
femi4:
Not accepting blood is heartless and brutal. No scripture support your mumu doctrine

It's choice not being heartless. What about so many people(mostly young girls ) that fornicate severally, and many times abort. Many see it has normal. It's worst than refusing blood. Besides, is the patient that decide not to receive blood not her husband. She's an adult.
This story is fake
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by olapink: 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
[quote author=kennybelle post=65189488]this story looks cooked. are u saying you followed the doctor back to the theatre where the pregnant woman was, and u were there when she was asked of her other relatives? Jehovah's witnesses dnt accept blood but they're are not as heartless and brutal as you just described.[/were did he say they were brutal and heartless? he only ask a question, should we allow our love ones to die because of religious believed? that was how a young girl that just got married not up to a yr died because of same refuser to blood transfusion.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by bigtt76(f): 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
You stand the chance to lose blood during an operation, saving it before going for an operation helps for those who are adverse to transfusion. If you don't have blood as a result of anemia or anything, the doctors try to help raise it up to a certain level before then.

ibietela2:

If you don't have blood how do you want to save the same blood?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities / Wedding Invitation Of Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong / Simput Eagles Dafup Arrested By DSS For Converting Muslim Girl To Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.