Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City (28934 Views)

Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M / My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by freeDR(m): 8:22am On Feb 20, 2018
Kizyte:
First of all let's start with your grammar, I am 'a European' man.

What part of Europe do you come from?
Don't they teach the rules in vowel sound in the part of Europe you come from? a, e, i, o, u...

OP, no mind me, we here in Nairaland and criticism are like 5 & 6 grin
Bro, you're ignorant. Go and check how 'Europe' is pronounced in a good dictionary. Stop displaying your ignorance in public.

4 Likes

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Sanchez01: 8:22am On Feb 20, 2018
dingbang:
Why is it that in most cases, white men get hooked up with Edo ladies...

Which kyn love portion dem dey use biko...

Oyibo sorry no vex..
Edo folks travel a whole lot and there is this belief that every family makes it a primary duty to have a representative abroad.

1 Like

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Brownville007: 8:22am On Feb 20, 2018
Kizyte:

Don't they teach the rules in vowel sound in the part of Europe you come from? a, e, i, o, u...

Guy in a bid to be funny you just made a dunce of yourself. The OP is right, there are some vowels that goes solely with A and not AN in exceptional cases. Europe and Uganda are one of them. It is A Ugandan and not an Ugandan , A European and not An European. Next time do your research

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by mudiana(m): 8:25am On Feb 20, 2018
tiredoflife:
Edo like all Niger deltan have colourful marriage ceremony
You will be thrilled by food
The drinks
The culture
In-laws will demand for stuffs but not too much
They are a lovely tribe
Hard working
If you are looking for African royalty wedding
Edo and like most southern part of Nigeria has it in truck loads
The beads
The clothes
The dowry is still relatively cheap
Around $30
So don't worry u are in safe hands cool
God bless you o jare. May your days be long.

5 Likes

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by mudiana(m): 8:29am On Feb 20, 2018
Some youths in this country make me sick. Simple suggestion, they can't give. To answer a question is a big problem. You see y they can't succeed to lead this country. If it's sex, they are champions, cultism they are ogas, alcohol and drug they are god fathers but to come up with a good discussion or idea, they are zero. Infinix zero is better than 80% of Nigeria's youth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:31am On Feb 20, 2018
Kizyte:

Funny thing is he’s correct...because of of the pronunciation.

...it begins with a “Y” sound.

3 Likes

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by ConcernedNL: 8:31am On Feb 20, 2018
bolondo:
Hello everyone. It is my first intervention here and I expect many more.
I am a European man who has a girlfriend of Edo state for years, and thinking about getting married.
What can you tell me about the wedding in Benin City?
Greetings and thanks.

Make sure she is a real good christian.
Edo women have some bad wraps.
But if you can really vouch for her then by all means go for her.
However if you cannot, especially in the place of her being faithful to you, my brother, reconsider deeply.
Don't rush, because you are european does not mean your nudges about a person is wrong.
Basically just be very sensible, dont be coerced, marry when you are certain of the lady....

Good luck

1 Like

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 20, 2018
Ishilove:
With God, you can never go wrong
Very Inspiring quote there!
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Boss13: 8:37am On Feb 20, 2018
Kizyte:

Laughs - you just exposed your ignorance, but I understand you.

Europe is pronounced ”Yurope” and not Eerope as pronounced in Africa. So it is very wrong to write an European. It is a Yuropean. He is right and you are wrong.

At OP - Benin people have a massive rich culture and heritage. On the average I can say Africans value marriage more than the West. Hence, there is a bit of success in that. I wish you the best

4 Likes

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by teflonjake(m): 8:42am On Feb 20, 2018
Ishilove:

People say Edo girls fly at day time but just ignore them.

Edo people are generally easygoing people. They don't make trouble, don't find trouble, don't give trouble, unambitious and have not contributed anything meaningful to the growth and development of the country tongue tongue

People also claim the headquarters of witchcraft is in Edoland (first class azeh ) and their women often knock off their wealthy husbands in order to inherit his riches. Whether this is true or not, I am in no position to confirm or refute. Once again, IGNORE THEM. tongue cheesy

They do not demand for an arm and leg during the marriage processes, and unlike certain parts of Nigeria, you will not need to break your bank to marry one of theirs. cheesy You will find that they will make most agreeable in-laws. grin

However, If you are a religious person, pray to God for guidance before settling down with your partner because love, good and evil does not know race, ethnicity or gender. With God, you can never go wrong

Remember "Anthony Enahoro"

You are very unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Kobicove(m): 8:42am On Feb 20, 2018
Edo girls and whitey are like 5 & 6 grin
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by congo4ka: 8:42am On Feb 20, 2018
White man ko, red man in grin Airforce1 stop this thing na abi seun dey pay you for traffic? cheesy

1 Like

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by chiefkpokp(m): 8:43am On Feb 20, 2018
mudiana:
it's either you are stupid or stupidity runs in ur family. Answer the man's simple question about wedding preparation in Benin if you have an idea and stop typing trash. Over privilege idiot.

May u days be long

1 Like

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by francdec4(m): 8:43am On Feb 20, 2018
Lol Naija we are so in a hurry to correct. The guy is VERY correct it's written and pronounced as "A European" and not "An European". You can always do a little research and find out.

Kizyte:

1 Like

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Gentle034(m): 8:46am On Feb 20, 2018
thegentleman:
They love having sex.
U ain't gonna hear Dat from my mouth. Wait lemme ask Zuka
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by crisycent: 8:47am On Feb 20, 2018
Ishilove:

Edo people are generally easygoing people. They don't make trouble, don't find trouble, don't give trouble, unambitious and have not contributed anything meaningful to the growth and development of the country tongue tongue

People also claim the headquarters of witchcraft is in Edoland (first class azeh ) and their women often knock off their wealthy husbands in order to inherit his riches. Whether this is true or not, I am in no position to confirm or refute. Once again, IGNORE THEM. tongue cheesy

They do not demand for an arm and leg during the marriage processes, and unlike certain parts of Nigeria, you will not need to break your bank to marry one of theirs. cheesy You will find that they will make most agreeable in-laws. grin

However, If you are a religious person, pray to God for guidance before settling down with your partner because love, good and evil does not know race, ethnicity or gender. With God, you can never go wrong

What a fvcking slowpoke

3 Likes

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Hormotorlah: 8:47am On Feb 20, 2018
Well, i think this is a fake account undecided and the guy in question is just bored so he decided to come up with this question
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Iseoluwani: 8:48am On Feb 20, 2018
bolondo:
I am a European man who has a girlfriend of Edo state for years, and thinking about getting married.
Greetings and thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by LecciGucci: 8:49am On Feb 20, 2018
Ishilove:

no wonder they took mod power from u, so so unprofessional shocked

2 Likes

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Chineseface1(f): 8:54am On Feb 20, 2018
Enough with the stereotyping already, sentiment has blinded our youth. The man asked a simply question, give answers or shut the Bleep up if you don't anything meaniful to say. Mr European if indeed you want to get married then check her character and family background and forget about tribe cos all tribes have both good and bad side

3 Likes

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by David160(m): 8:56am On Feb 20, 2018
Ok na go on.
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by micflo28(m): 8:58am On Feb 20, 2018
Nairaland and unserious comments. I have lived in Benin, ringroad long enough to know Edo girls make very good wives. One thing is, they are sound with vocal contribution and hardworking. Mr. If the family is profoundly welcoming and hospitable, please, go on with the marriage plans. On a second thought, the ploy to leave the shores of this country is gaining tempo from all clan in Nigeria.
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by ghostfacekillar(m): 9:03am On Feb 20, 2018
za flying monsters
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by TEYA: 9:07am On Feb 20, 2018
Kizyte:

What do you know about 'rules in vowel sounds'? A word may start with a vowel, but if it sounds like it starts with a consonant, the pronoun 'A' precedes it. 'European starts with 'E' but sounds like it starts with 'Y', hence the pronoun A is used instead of AN. Stop flaunting your ignorance as if it is a thing to be proud of, the guy is right and you are wrong!
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Maski87: 9:10am On Feb 20, 2018
Ok go ahead o,if fear no dey catch you
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by nenergy(m): 9:11am On Feb 20, 2018
baby124:
Congratulations OP. This is not the place to ask about the wedding process for Edo bride if you are not a mischevious and unserious groom. Don’t you have in laws who you can ask? Even at the worst you can watch videos on YouTube. Only a person who wants trouble, goes around asking foolish questions.

It seems like you are not confident in who you want to marry, so you come online to seek answers to your doubts. Okunrin a tojubole kiri. Nkan ti o wa lo ma ri last last. I sincerely do not like people like you. They get burnt at the end of the day and jump from frying pan to fire.

Simple question, you're insulting the man. He is a foreigner and asked; "What can you tell me about the wedding in Benin City". Tell him what you know or don't say anything. Haba, Nigerians!!!! Very judgemental!

2 Likes

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by GrammarCheck: 9:11am On Feb 20, 2018
bolondo:
Greetings and thanks.

I did my wedding in Benin city. It was colourful and beautiful.

You will have to dress in Edo attire, and the wedding most likely will be held in the sitting room. Bride price is cheap. Less than N24. Gifts for the family will be around N50,000.

Edo marriage is easy. Thank God you are not marrying from IMO State

3 Likes

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Ojemedad: 9:12am On Feb 20, 2018
dingbang:
Why is it that in most cases, white men get hooked up with Edo ladies...

Which kyn love portion dem dey use biko...

Oyibo sorry no vex..

Not love portion bro, because they travel out of the shores of Nigeria and as such are more exposed to white men
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 20, 2018
Ishilove:

lmao...are u from Edo state?

1 Like

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by dingbang(m): 9:15am On Feb 20, 2018
Ojemedad:

Not love portion bro, because they travel out of the shores of Nigeria and as such are more exposed to white men
wow... And what are the Igbo sisters doing sef
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Sh1g1d1: 9:16am On Feb 20, 2018
Ishilove:

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Bsideboi(m): 9:19am On Feb 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The heavenly race is personal,
So is the race to hell.

He should race alone to hell and leave us out of it.
But I didn't say she is only marrying him because of the sure visa to Europe.
You are one dumb F##k that never disappoints grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Personality: Meet Dele Giwa's First Daughter, Funmilayo [photo] / My Wife Pretends To Be Sick Whenever I Ask For Sex - Man Laments / Why Are Men Outraged Over Paternity Fraud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.