Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,952 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (48898 Views)

Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? / Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Graduating With Second Class Lower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Caseless: 8:20am On Feb 23, 2018
LaudableXX:

Don't mind him. Let him be arguing blindly about things he does not know. undecided The 2 ladies I spoke about earlier, had initially worked on a community development project which was implemented by an NGO, and funded by one of the UN agencies. By the time they applied directly to UN Women, their previous work experience in handling such community based projects, as well as the project evaluation & monitoring skills gained on the field, gave them an edge over other candidates, despite their 2-2 degrees.

When it comes to employment matters, more than one route leads to the market place (i.e. recruitment exercises can be conducted in different ways, while candidates may be drawn from multiple pools, or variety of sources.) Somebody once said: "The best jobs are rarely advertised." wink
the guy is deluded by "grades". Maybe he's still in school and believing what he's being told by his colleagues and lecturers that the only sure way to succeed in life is by graduating with a high grade. grin Alakija sef no get certificate.

I know a guy is into field operation and logistics in UN's WFP, he finished service last year.

Somebody registered for 2 first-class graduates, one 2-1 and a 2-2 on DPR portal. Among these, only the 2-2 guy was selected for the test.

That trash we were told in school that survival wholly depends on grade was all lies. Our eye don open.

1 Like

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by madmax2018: 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2018
Useful information
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by LyfeJennings(m): 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
Talkingboy:

You are now the Chairman NURTW Oshodi chapter ?

#No offence sir, just playing around sir grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by egbabiekperemo1: 4:13am On Feb 24, 2018
Princedapace:
Abeg forget that thing. Na connection sure pass. I finished with 2.1 but couldn't get any decent job! The one I got was under paying me. Like seriously, I went to uni and worked hard to graduate with 2.1 to be earning 35k?

While ladies in my class with the right connections, some of them I taught them in school then. They are well employed and paid because they have the right connection.

Millions of 2.1 graduates are jobless now and millions are under paid. Know the right persons and u would get a good job in Nigeria.

The very few who got good jobs out of merit are simply in the 'a few category'

Their grace is really high. I even had to learn more ICT skills, got certification, yet no betr job! Had to to resolt to freelancing.

Your village people might be working on your case seriously
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by egbabiekperemo1: 4:17am On Feb 24, 2018
Danialuone:
My brain and mind is my certificate ,Nigeria education teach you to be a slave .I have destroyed my certificates since i realised that the 30years i used to get it is a waste and i can not become a slave under any pretence for now.Use your head and mind well my brother,forget certificates.

Show proof that you destroyed your certificate.
nonsense

1 Like

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by mytym(m): 4:31am On Feb 24, 2018
Futurecrown:
My friend graduated with second class lower division (2.2) and he got employed at a multinational oil&gas firm, he did professional courses worth 850k in Lagos last year before he could secured the job last year without any connection, so brother try network yourself in all ramifications and never see yourself as a second fiddle.

What is the name of the professional course?
Thanks as you reply.
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by sanyamike(m): 8:26am On Feb 24, 2018
how to obtain the

IJMB

form(procedures)

This is to inform the general public that the IJMB form for the 2018/2019 session is on sale.
Ijmb is a 9months program that enables you to gain admission into 200level in any Nigerian university. Read more about Ijmb here.
There are different ways to obtain the IJMB form:
By going to our registration centres in the different parts of the country to pick up the IJMB form for #8,000.
By sending us an email to edualevel@gmail.com requesting for the IJMB form and after filling it you will scan it and send it back to us.

Who can pick up the IJMB form

Any candidate who has completed his or her O' Levels program is eligible to pick up the IJMB form.
N.B : Candidates with Awaiting results can also pick up the IJMB form.
Registration Centres to Obtain IJMB Form .

Ibadan
Lagos
Ilorin
Port Harcourt
Edo
Enugu
Ogun
Requirements For Obtaining IJMB Form

The requirement for IJMB registration includes;
O/Level results (awaiting results can also apply pending University admission)
Two passport photographs.
N8,000 for the application form (non-refundable)

The different Sections in IJMB Form and How to fill it.

If you are registering for IJMB programme with us, you will be required to fill five forms.
The first part of the IJMB form will require you to fill in your personal information like;
Your name
Date of birth
Personal address
Your state of Origin
Subject Combination and
Your Choice of institution .
This section should be properly filled without errors. A mistake made in this section of the IJMB form can be very costly.
The second section is where you will find the available courses and their codes. This section will provide the information you will use to fill the third part.
Here, you are required to also fill the academic section You are applying for.
The third part is where you will fill in the subject you want to register for e.g physics, chemistry and Biology for Medical students.
In this section, you will fill in the code for the three subjects you are applying for (Remember that the codes are in the second page)
The fourth section is to fill in your O/Level Results subjects and grade if available. If not available, fill the subjects and write AWAITING beside it.
Finally, you are to attest in the final page the information you provided is accurate. This will require you to sign and also fill in the date you attested.
Closing Date For IJMB Form

The IJMB form for 2018/2019 session will close soon. Classes will begin by March.
For more info about the IJMB form and how to register please call 08148501101 or visit www.alevelsprogramme.com
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
Onyenna:

Exactly... I have a friend who dropped out of school[RSUST] and travelled to dubai almost 5yrs ago... He got a job with Mercedes[without any degree ooh].... He later enrolled in one of the universities there and graduated last year.... He still works there till date and just started building his house here.....

Certificate is an added advantage [and a must] especially here in Africa.... But in advanced countries, they don't care about your Certificate, they just want to know what you have to offer... Simple...

They have changed the name to RSU
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by BARAJ92(m): 7:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

Oga, free your mind. sad I have had cause to interact directly with various HR managers across a wide variety of sectors. I have also consulted for different outsourcing firms, on a private basis. The jobs advertised on Nairaland, do not reflect what happens in every single sector of the economy, neither do such adverts capture all the job requirements in every single industry. Stop being dogmatic. Do you even realise that some graduates start off as contract staff in some industries, (with their 2-2 degrees or HND/BSc.) and after several months or a few years, they are are converted to permanent staff of such organisations?
. Mention any bank or Big firm that allows 2-2 graduate to apply for graduate trainee. that is my point am not saying some organisation don't recruit 2-2 but most of the lucrative job limit their application to 2-1. from personal experience, It is best for a student to struggle to get 2-1 or first class then graduating 2-2. Am not disputing the fact that your class of degree does not really show your worth
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by LaudableXX: 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
BARAJ92:
. Mention any bank or Big firm that allows 2-2 graduate to apply for graduate trainee. that is my point am not saying some organisation don't recruit 2-2 but most of the lucrative job limit their application to 2-1. from personal experience, It is best for a student to struggle to get 2-1 or first class then graduating 2-2. Am not disputing the fact that your class of degree does not really show your worth

There are quite a few, from Union bank to Wema Bank and Unity bank. This 2-1 class of degree is overhyped. I know many people who were employed with a 2-2 degree, simply because they excelled at the interview. You need to just ensure that your CV is tailored to the job requirements, or it reflects some of the qualities they are looking for in a candidate.
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by BARAJ92(m): 8:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
LaudableXX:

There are quite a few, from Union bank to Wema Bank and Unity bank. This 2-1 class of degree is overhyped. I know many people who were employed with a 2-2 degree, simply because they excelled at the interview. You need to just ensure that your CV is tailored to the job requirements, or it reflects some of the qualities they are looking for in a candidate.
sure it is, but it is better to have it than not to have it as I know a lot of people with 2-1 or 1st class that have the same skill sets as those with 2-2 and 3rd class. You are right about that but what is the percentage, List the top 20 companies, any young graduate will love to work in and check their requirements for graduate trainee jobs. For self employment, class of degree does not matter
Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by orevafavour: 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2018
Everyone can not possibly graduate with a 2:1,i will advice that candidates who graduates with sure grades should immediately go for their Master's Degree so as to enhance their educational level and not be limited with the first Degree only. Find and compare Master's degree (MBA, MSc, MA, LLM, MPhil) from all NUC accredited universities in Nigeria through www.studylocal.ng.

1 Like

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Futurecrown(m): 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
mytym:

What is the name of the professional course?
Thanks as you reply.
Danvic petroleum. They are into oil and Gas training for Petroleum Engineers, Geologist and allied sciences.

1 Like

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Mike4S: 7:18am On Mar 17, 2018
But the superficial reasonableness of a claim isn't enough to be confident that it is true. This is a public sentiment and has not actually reflected as pereceived. Job offers remain contingent upon the applicant performance and not grade.

1 Like

Re: Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba by Ajibola224: 9:47am On Feb 19, 2020
dheilaw1:
na dem dey quick get work
Lollllllllllll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ugandan Primary Schoolgirl Gives Birth During Mathematics Exam In School (Pix) / Obi Cubana Visits UNN, Meets VC, Management Team (Photos, Video) / Survival Tactics You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.