Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,047 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. (30038 Views)

What Skill(s) Do You Plan To Learn This Year? / What Profitable Skill Can I Learn Now Before The End Of The Year / What Skill Can I Learn With N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Patson080(m): 3:06pm On May 02, 2021
Which of the following options are you into?
I'm in the same situation
MackIV:

You have said it all.... I do 3 of this you listed and I have stopped applying for all these 50- 100K work.

I awake on my own terms grin grin
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by flotwz(m): 3:08pm On May 02, 2021
Pls can I reach you on dry food sales?
Thanks in advance.
ecomalchemist:
Let me give you a brotherly advice, and I hope you work on it...
First of all I counsel people and I have done that on nairaland for a while... I have met great and good guys...
I dropped a story about my experience teaching in two schools as a corper and would not mind partnering with schools in abuja, but some accused me of looking for teaching job... Never ever mind what people say...
Back to the matter...
As a graduate, teaching and earning 15k, e no bad... But once you have a good (android) phone, go to any car stand of your choice around your area... Listen well, any good car stand and ask to see the manager... Tell him you want to help him market his cars and get good buyers... 90% of car stand managers will sign u on... Tel him you will be paid a small commission after sales...
Pick up your phone, snap as many cars as your phone memory can take, open a dedicated twitter ac, IG ac, Facebook ac, WhatsApp ac, ac etc... Take out time to post this cars, make sure you have the actual prices of this cars... You can add as much as #250k on it... Bring down the negotiations to as low as making #50k if need be just so I can sell. Set your monthly target... I assure you, if you get I client in a month, u make around #100,000k once you start growing, you can get as much as 5-10 client from all over the country and that hits you over #1m for just helping others sell their cars, Note all you invested was your time, energy, phone and data... No big financial capital...
Do not restrict yourself to cars, go for industrial machines as well, caterpillars, mikano gens, any thing, then you look for those big companies that need them and try to call their attention to it or market it to them... You may not sell in 3 months but when you manage to get a client to buy just 1 caterpillars, my brother you will instantly forget that u suffered before...
A friend of mine was marketing a silo for a local wielder, he received a call all the way from kebbi state, the purchase was made in Ilorin, he made #1.8 mil from buyers and #400k from seller... He still got a referral from that deal. Wake up bro...
Within a month or two, come and pay (tite).
I drive uber/bolt in abuja, market cars, sell commodities such as beans, maize, wheat, ginger,onions, name it... In bags and tonnes
And I make nothing less than half a mil monthly...

Affordable megatron 50,000mah powerbanks with 4 output units, type c and normal usb cord. payment on delivery within Lagos and Nationwide dispatch
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by PAQ(m): 3:08pm On May 02, 2021
1. If you are technical savvy, learn computer repairs, with basic A+ knowledge. I will advice you to specialize on photocopiers and printers. You will never go hungry with this skill, i know photocopier & printer repairers who became very rich in Abuja. They also moved to supplies of inks & consumables because of their technical know how. IT (Information Technology) is really broad, after basic A+ your horizon may broaden into N+ (Network +) and other branches of IT, networking is also good too.

2. Pick a very good mechanic (not a kazeem)and go into apprenticeship. After two years of basic training, go for a proper specialized mechanic training/course that will distinguish you from the rest. Auto repairs is just as broad as computer repairs from body repairs, engine, transmission & electrical. Nigeria lacks professional mechanics that can keep abreast with modern trends, they are too few. A mechanic doesnt have to look dirty and unkept, here they make it look unattractive like a diamond in the rough.

3. Getting a job after university may be hard but
getting a job after nursing school is not. Demand for Medical practitioners are on the increase, gone are the days were nursing was strictly a womans job. The easiest ways of getting jobs out of this country are as medical personnels or IT professionals.

4. Driving is a skill! If you already know how, then get your drivers license, a car and consider uber/ taxify. That is immediate return on investment.

My suggestions are based on your intention not to go to university, which i highly disagree. Why? Well, because;

- You can go to school and still learn any skill. It may be difficult but with focus its achievable.
- Any added knowledge is never wasted.
- There is another kind of education campus life/ university life gives the average person apart from a degree.
- a degree gives you added advantage/respect in life, a skilled person with a degree is a big plus.
- Nigeria is still paper-qualification dependent. A dull person with a degree is still regarded over a very intelligent uneducated entrepreneur. I know some rich men who have acquired wealth through hard work but still had to get a degree just to be respected and regarded in the society.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Ekg911(m): 3:26pm On May 02, 2021
Khd95:
Brother, learn fashion designing

If you find a reputable place and you are serious, within three months you will be sewing clothes

That's exactly what I want to go into anytime soon, I have made my enquiries and what is expected of me, na me still dey dull am
we don't want to take actions. I myself I'm a graduate, finished NYSC and got train in auto mechanic. Though I'm a business administration graduate. You need to start now
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Ojady(m): 3:27pm On May 02, 2021
Learn how to cook and sell food. Nigerians, even people will never stop eating. Over one year now, pandemic has stopped everything BUT PEOPLE EATING. If one can get off one's high horse with 'God forbid' statements, adapt one's education, soft and social skills with a lil ingenuity/novelty (say eba in triangle shape with good to look at soup, food truck things maybe etc) even those in other side hustles will patronize you.
Let God guide inspire, lead and guide you.
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Ekg911(m): 3:35pm On May 02, 2021
Trustedpronet:
If you are strong go and learn boxing but if not learn tailor or driving. You can make easy money with Bolt!
You also consider mechanic, Electrician, painting buildings or cars.
yes sir.. I'm also an auto mechanic. But a business administration graduate. Just look for what interest you. AKA Choice
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Bayoibee: 3:36pm On May 02, 2021
Learn UI/UX or programming like web or mobile development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Orpe7(m): 3:38pm On May 02, 2021
Learn to drive
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Ekg911(m): 3:43pm On May 02, 2021
18wheeler:

Anything you choose to do, I'll advise you incorporate IT into it. I've seen atleast 2 skilled handiwork persons do their thing but with IT incorporation and have stood out from the rest. Carpentry with IT based designs, marketing, and all. Also a mechanic (female o!) whose workshop is 70% female workers and whose activities are 60% automated. That attracts alot of patronage even from out of town. Another lady specializes in car bumper fabrication. She uses internet to browse the dimensions and also some device that is not common to fabricate to pin point precision. So impressive. Wish you the best and please be future thinking in all you do. IT is the future of every thing.
yes sir.. Technology is changing and as such will improve on our IT. I am an auto mechanic and I have ordered a set of OBDII scanner so I can improve on my mechanic job

1 Like

Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Ekg911(m): 3:46pm On May 02, 2021
ceejayluv:
If you're the handy type, I'd suggest you learn auto repair or smartphone repair. You can't stay a day without earning anything.
Unfortunately there are virtually no formal training centers for such so you'll likely have to follow the apprenticeship route.
yes, that's my field. I took the apprenticeship method on auto mechanic now I offer quality job. U can chose what's best to learn sir

1 Like

Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by ceejayluv(m): 3:53pm On May 02, 2021
Ekg911:
yes, that's my field. I took the apprenticeship method on auto mechanic now I offer quality job. U can chose what's best to learn sir
Awesome. With electric and hybrid vehicles gradually taking over in the West, there's still much room for upgrading in the automotive services sector.

1 Like

Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by hopyroll(m): 3:55pm On May 02, 2021
MackIV:

You have said it all.... I do 3 of this you listed and I have stopped applying for all these 50- 100K work.

Hello!
Pls how can i contact you?
I am very much interested in these skills.
Im thinking of quitting my job.

You can whatsap me on 08137357406
Thanks in adv
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Trustedpronet: 3:55pm On May 02, 2021
Ekg911:
yes sir.. I'm also an auto mechanic. But a business administration graduate. Just look for what interest you. AKA Choice

Where is your workshop address?
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Asad6ixty9: 4:00pm On May 02, 2021
Boxing
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Ekg911(m): 4:01pm On May 02, 2021
PAQ:

1. If you are technical savvy, learn computer repairs, with basic A+ knowledge. I will advice you to specialize on photocopiers and printers. You will never go hungry with this skill, i know photocopier & printer repairers who became very rich in Abuja. They also moved to supplies of inks & consumables because of their technical know how. IT (Information Technology) is really broad, after basic A+ your horizon may broaden into N+ (Network +) and other branches of IT, networking is also good too.

2. Pick a very good mechanic (not a kazeem)and go into apprenticeship. After two years of basic training, go for a proper specialized mechanic training/course that will distinguish you from the rest. Auto repairs is just as broad as computer repairs from body repairs, engine, transmission & electrical. Nigeria lacks professional mechanics that can keep abreast with modern trends, they are too few. A mechanic doesnt have to look dirty and unkept, here they make it look unattractive like a diamond in the rough.

3. Getting a job after university may be hard but
getting a job after nursing school is not. Medical practitioners are on the increase, gone are the days were nursing was strictly a womans job. The easiest ways of getting jobs out of this country are as medical personnels or IT professionals.

4. Driving is a skill! If you already know how, then get your drivers license, a car and consider uber/ taxify. That is immediate return on investment.

My suggestions are based on your intention not to go to university, which i highly disagree. Why? Well, because;

- You can go to school and still learn any skill. It may be difficult but with focus its achievable.
- Any added knowledge is never wasted.
- There is another kind of education campus life/ university life gives the average person apart from a degree.
- a degree gives you added advantage/respect in life, a skilled person with a degree is a big plus.
- Nigeria is still paper-qualification dependent. A dull person with a degree is still regarded over a very intelligent uneducated entrepreneur. I know some rich men who have acquired wealth through hard work but still had to get a degree just to be respected and regarded in the society.
Thank you sir..I am a business administration graduate, and also an auto mechanic, I am using my mechanical skills to sustain myself. Try and chose what's best to learn
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Ekg911(m): 4:05pm On May 02, 2021
Trustedpronet:

Where is your workshop address?
Yenegoa, Bayelsa state. You can send me an email here on nairaland for contact sir
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Juanmike(m): 4:18pm On May 02, 2021
Lemmy123:

I've not taken time to search the internet for more and accurate information.. But from his explanations, he said Cloud Computing is like a data in cloud, you know cloud, where we save our stuffs and they are really safe right there, even if the world ends, it would still be there... So cloud computing is like the engineers of these cloud platforms where we save our things....

The whole thing is not too clear to me yet but just it has to do with saving data in cloud... And the database of the cloud
Thought you are into it
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by younglleo: 4:23pm On May 02, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad welder/Aluminum fab.U can even learn Tv repair/Phone repair but be ready for fight/curse from customers
grin grin grin grin cheesy u are not nice, but dats true!
I jst quit without hesitation
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Lemmy123(m): 4:35pm On May 02, 2021
Juanmike:
Thought you are into it
No no, I've not started. I only gave a suggestion
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by ProfitableACCA: 4:46pm On May 02, 2021
Driving
Barbing
Fashion design
Hairdressing
Social media marketing skill
Aluminum window makers
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Bluntemperor: 5:03pm On May 02, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad welder/Aluminum fab.U can even learn Tv repair/Phone repair but be ready for fight/curse from customers

I love your gut,bro,bravo!
But beware of SCAMMERS all over Social Media as they too are in business to scam gullible and mostly innocent people!
They want to reap where they did not sow.What a country!
This country has gone down in Values,with little or no Virtues remaining!
Who can help Nigerians?
God have mercy
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Nectarbaba(m): 5:07pm On May 02, 2021
1Alex:
you are popular on YouTube with only 10 subscribers?
You will not make heaven grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by investorMK(m): 5:13pm On May 02, 2021
Go and learn how to repair sowing machine.... Thank me later
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Durklil: 5:14pm On May 02, 2021
None
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Nectarbaba(m): 5:15pm On May 02, 2021
Masturbator2020:
Go and learn programming. That's the most guarantee way of getting employed. Many company will even train you first,then you pay later when you start working. Don't listen to those talking about crytocurrencies o,if you ask them to show their profit now then go run.you can learn forex later,but for now go into programing with full force.
Can you hook me up with your company if there is an opening?
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by cuteralph101(m): 5:19pm On May 02, 2021
ecomalchemist:
Let me give you a brotherly advice, and I hope you work on it...
First of all I counsel people and I have done that on nairaland for a while... I have met great and good guys...
I dropped a story about my experience teaching in two schools as a corper and would not mind partnering with schools in abuja, but some accused me of looking for teaching job... Never ever mind what people say...
Back to the matter...
As a graduate, teaching and earning 15k, e no bad... But once you have a good (android) phone, go to any car stand of your choice around your area... Listen well, any good car stand and ask to see the manager... Tell him you want to help him market his cars and get good buyers... 90% of car stand managers will sign u on... Tel him you will be paid a small commission after sales...
Pick up your phone, snap as many cars as your phone memory can take, open a dedicated twitter ac, IG ac, Facebook ac, WhatsApp ac, ac etc... Take out time to post this cars, make sure you have the actual prices of this cars... You can add as much as #250k on it... Bring down the negotiations to as low as making #50k if need be just so I can sell. Set your monthly target... I assure you, if you get I client in a month, u make around #100,000k once you start growing, you can get as much as 5-10 client from all over the country and that hits you over #1m for just helping others sell their cars, Note all you invested was your time, energy, phone and data... No big financial capital...
Do not restrict yourself to cars, go for industrial machines as well, caterpillars, mikano gens, any thing, then you look for those big companies that need them and try to call their attention to it or market it to them... You may not sell in 3 months but when you manage to get a client to buy just 1 caterpillars, my brother you will instantly forget that u suffered before...
A friend of mine was marketing a silo for a local wielder, he received a call all the way from kebbi state, the purchase was made in Ilorin, he made #1.8 mil from buyers and #400k from seller... He still got a referral from that deal. Wake up bro...
Within a month or two, come and pay (tite).
I drive uber/bolt in abuja, market cars, sell commodities such as beans, maize, wheat, ginger,onions, name it... In bags and tonnes
And I make nothing less than half a mil monthly...

Affordable megatron 50,000mah powerbanks with 4 output units, type c and normal usb cord. payment on delivery within Lagos and Nationwide dispatch
thinking of starting food business but really clueless...how do I contact u sir
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Aurelius1(m): 5:19pm On May 02, 2021
MackIV:

Please don't be offended, which of the 3 do you do?
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by Masturbator2020: 5:25pm On May 02, 2021
Nectarbaba:
Can you hook me up with your company if there is an opening?
Decagon and Stutern

1 Like

Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by judility(m): 5:26pm On May 02, 2021
Learn , Solar energy installation, automobile electricain, Forex trading and crypto, others like how to mould royal pillers on building, you can learn all if you wish, so that before 3OYrs you have them already and Money won't be your problem
Re: Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. by blazepascal(m): 5:32pm On May 02, 2021
so o.p tell us how it later ended were u able to acquire a skill

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet This Female Trailer Driver / Deloitte 2023 Graduate Recruitment / Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.