Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia (55578 Views)

Flood Sweeps 3-Year-Old Girl Away In Idi-Araba, Lagos (Video) / Hawk Ran Down By Our Vehicle / I Saw Man Hawk Huge Python On My Way Back From Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by ikorodureporta: 7:38am On Feb 21, 2018
UMUAHIA— A disaster was reportedly averted at Umuohu Okpula, Ndume community, Ibeku in Umuahia North Local Government area of Abia State, when a vigilant grandmother prevented a four-day-old baby from being carried away by a hawk.

The grandmother, who gave her name as Adeline Emmanuel, explained that she was lying down, when she heard the loud flapping of bird’s wings.

According to her, she heard noise of a struggling object as the bird was trying to fly through the window, but fell down on the floor of the one-storey building, prompting her to shout at her daughter, mother of the baby, to shut the window.

She said: “I saw the hawk drop down where my four-day-old granddaughter was sleeping and was trying to carry the baby who was probably too heavy for it.

“It was then that I started shouting, asking my daughter to close the windows.

“My shouting and that of my daughter coupled with others, who were by then aware of what was happening, attracted the community youths.”

She said the youths were able to catch the hawk and break its legs and wings.

In her account, the mother of the four-day-old baby girl, Mrs. Joy Emmanuel, said she was outside when her mother-in-law’s shouting made her rush in, only to be confronted with the unusual sight.

According to her, it was only the grace of God that made her to survive the shock, as she had never seen such an incident in all her life.

She explained that they live upstairs in one of the apartments in the building, but “because the weather on that Sunday was unbearably hot, we decided to leave the windows open, which was how the hawk flew into the room and tried to carry my baby.”

For the landlord of the building, Mr. Aaron Ibeji, he has never seen or heard that a bird, no matter its size, tried to carry a baby.

He said the incident nearly shattered the peace of the community.

Ibeji, however, expressed happiness that the youths of the community were able to catch the bird. He said that they were waiting for the elders of the community to decide on what they are going to do with the bird.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/hawk-attempts-fly-away-4-day-old-baby-abia/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Viicfuntop(f): 11:28am On Feb 21, 2018
Really grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Josephjnr(m): 11:28am On Feb 21, 2018
angry pictures or I adon......

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2018
Lalasticlacla right now...

16 Likes

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Primusinterpares(m): 11:29am On Feb 21, 2018
Matters arising...

Why of all things na new born baby the hawk see

Normal hawk get that kind strength

Hope the heart of that hawk was burnt to ashes and the ashes burnt again ni

1das shall never end.

8 Likes

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Xisnin(m): 11:29am On Feb 21, 2018
If it was an hawk, then this story is a lie.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by castrol180(m): 11:29am On Feb 21, 2018
End time hawk

Every evil things always emanate from the ipob land and when a dog bites a child it is never a news but when a child bites a dog then it is a news

Now some flatinoes will be shouting "see what Buhari has caused ooo, he has refused to feed the hawks and the hawks economy is bad thereby making them willing to feed on yimiri"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by 1x2x3: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2018
I hereby sentence the hawk to 30mins on fire, drilled with hot pepper then life imprisonment in the belly of restless youths.

19 Likes

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by helphelp: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Lexusgs430: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2018
Picture of the hawk in flight mode........ Or we don't believe...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2018
Village People sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Vacora(m): 11:30am On Feb 21, 2018
Story grin and that’s a photo of an Owl.

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Xinzu: 11:30am On Feb 21, 2018
What are Nairaland mods doing pushing all these false stories to FP? Which kyn useless story be dis?? Not even a single photograph to support it.

6 Likes

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by felixzo1(m): 11:30am On Feb 21, 2018
lies from the pit of hell
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by mightyrocket(m): 11:30am On Feb 21, 2018
Hawk of life grin

OP, that's not a hawk though undecided
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Peterpanny: 11:30am On Feb 21, 2018
hmm how i wan take believe this story when i no get fish brain.
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by reechest: 11:30am On Feb 21, 2018
My PVC in my back pocket till 2019 to send President Buhari back to daura... believe this story? joke is on u...
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Don27tiky(m): 11:31am On Feb 21, 2018
Lie lie and lies
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Realhommie(m): 11:32am On Feb 21, 2018
This has happened before in my area... Though I didn't witness it but a few eye witnesses confirmed it.
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by tochieee: 11:32am On Feb 21, 2018
Story for the gods.. Show me the broken leg and feathers else I won't believe.

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by blesskewe(f): 11:33am On Feb 21, 2018
Josephjnr:
angry pictures or I adon......
seconded by me

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Philipmems(m): 11:34am On Feb 21, 2018
Yeah right, I have a refinery or a Bridge to sell. cry
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Beno3: 11:34am On Feb 21, 2018
So Chicken no do am again, na full human im wan carry..... angry
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by yom2(m): 11:34am On Feb 21, 2018
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/Hawks attempts QRP/

that's not a hawk but owl

2 Likes

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by jidxin(m): 11:34am On Feb 21, 2018
Scanning for the pic
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by kmaster007: 11:35am On Feb 21, 2018
village witch at work again

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) / Motir Seaspire Training Began Candidate Shortlisting Exercise Today / Toyota Camry Crashes Into Nissan In Edo As Police Chase Suspected Yahoo Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.