Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

International Dropshipping - Payment Gateway Update - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Dropshipping - Payment Gateway Update (2549 Views)

Local Or International Dropshipping? / How To Start Mini-importation And International Dropshipping In 2021 / Stripe Payment Gateway Integration Shopify Store For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Dropshipping - Payment Gateway Update by naijanative: 11:28am On Feb 21, 2018
By coming here , I presume you already know what dropshipping is . For Nigerians hoping to dropship internationally (US/Europe), they are limited to using two options:

1. Create your own store using e.g Woocommerce or Magento
2. Using hosted eCommerce platforms e.g Shopify or BigCommerce

The most limiting problem is Payment Gateway that would allow Nigerians transact internationally. As a Shopify Partner - I checked payment gateways available to Nigeria , and this is what I found :

1. CashEnvoy
2. Paystack
3. Rave by Flutterwave

These are the only three payment accepted for Nigerian merchants. Paystack only supports stores domiciled in naira, even if they activate international payments for you. I haven't contacted CashEnvoy , but they seem to accept naira payments only from their website.

This brings us to Rave by Flutterwave. (Disclaimer: I do not work with them) The signup was easy . I registered a Business Account with them. When I inquired about international payments . I got to find out that they support foreign currency transactions but it comes with a caveat. You will only be activated for international transactions after six months of doing business with them.

So here are a few advice if you want to dropship internationally :

1. Do not use PayPal if you live in Nigeria. Paypal will restrict your account and hold your funds for six moths. These are your customer's money !

2. Do not pay for any back door tutorial - let those selling the tutorial continue making their thousands of dollars dropshiping. To be frank, they
are just making money selling those crap to you.

3. International Dropshipping is not for beginners . You need cash to do it. Anyone that tells you that you don't need capital is not being truthful. Most gateways do not release any money to you immediately after customer pays. Don't hope on using customers money to purchase their goods. Flutterwave releases after 14 days for international transaction. This means that if you have $3000 worth of orders in a week, you need to ship with your money to customers first. The only advantage is that you know the money is coming back to you.

If you must dropship legally from Nigeria , then do this:

1. Register with a Business Account with a payment gateway like Flutterwave . (You need a Registered Company to do this)
2. Open an online store either with Woocommerce or Shopify - each of the options have their merits - depends on you.
3. Start selling stuff with your account in Nigeria. Sell anything eg clothing, services , etc. You can easily liaise with a courier service to deliver for you. There are many of them. Market your products using Facebook or Eleavers. After six months, apply for international payment activation . Once you get it, you can now use it for your drop shipping .
4. If you want to dropship internationally, I advice you use Shopify/Orbelo app. You will seamlessly sync your shopify store with aliexpress in almost auto mode. You can use Woocommerce - but you may pay higher for hosting when you start getting traffic. Basic hosting won't be enough.

Finally , if you are a beginner, why not try your hand in freelancing, affiliate marketing etc. You may need to hone your digital skills to succeed.

If you need help with Woocommerce or Shopify, let me know. As a shopify partner, I can create demo stores for you which can go live when you want to launch.

In future tutorial, I will let you know how to setup your online store with just N2000. Yes N2000 all for free. No eBook, no drop your number or email. Let me know if you have any questions.
Re: International Dropshipping - Payment Gateway Update by Pharovo(m): 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
I have read about drop shipping for a long time now and have also learnt a thing or two about the business, but I just don't know how to start or where to begin from. Maybe you can help?
Re: International Dropshipping - Payment Gateway Update by Lordkross(m): 11:31am On May 17, 2018
Your analysis is very correct...you have done a thorough job...well done Sir.
Re: International Dropshipping - Payment Gateway Update by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 24, 2018
Cash envoy mentioned that they disburse your funds at your own convenience.
Re: International Dropshipping - Payment Gateway Update by coretechng1(m): 12:11am On Aug 08, 2018
naijanative:

By coming here , I presume you already know what dropshipping is . For Nigerians hoping to dropship internationally (US/Europe), they are limited to using two options:

1. Create your own store using e.g Woocommerce or Magento
2. Using hosted eCommerce platforms e.g Shopify or BigCommerce

The most limiting problem is Payment Gateway that would allow Nigerians transact internationally. As a Shopify Partner - I checked payment gateways available to Nigeria , and this is what I found :

1. CashEnvoy
2. Paystack
3. Rave by Flutterwave

These are the only three payment accepted for Nigerian merchants. Paystack only supports stores domiciled in naira, even if they activate international payments for you. I haven't contacted CashEnvoy , but they seem to accept naira payments only from their website.

This brings us to Rave by Flutterwave. (Disclaimer: I do not work with them) The signup was easy . I registered a Business Account with them. When I inquired about international payments . I got to find out that they support foreign currency transactions but it comes with a caveat. You will only be activated for international transactions after six months of doing business with them.

So here are a few advice if you want to dropship internationally :

1. Do not use PayPal if you live in Nigeria. Paypal will restrict your account and hold your funds for six moths. These are your customer's money !

2. Do not pay for any back door tutorial - let those selling the tutorial continue making their thousands of dollars dropshiping. To be frank, they
are just making money selling those crap to you.

3. International Dropshipping is not for beginners . You need cash to do it. Anyone that tells you that you don't need capital is not being truthful. Most gateways do not release any money to you immediately after customer pays. Don't hope on using customers money to purchase their goods. Flutterwave releases after 14 days for international transaction. This means that if you have $3000 worth of orders in a week, you need to ship with your money to customers first. The only advantage is that you know the money is coming back to you.

If you must dropship legally from Nigeria , then do this:

1. Register with a Business Account with a payment gateway like Flutterwave . (You need a Registered Company to do this)
2. Open an online store either with Woocommerce or Shopify - each of the options have their merits - depends on you.
3. Start selling stuff with your account in Nigeria. Sell anything eg clothing, services , etc. You can easily liaise with a courier service to deliver for you. There are many of them. Market your products using Facebook or Eleavers. After six months, apply for international payment activation . Once you get it, you can now use it for your drop shipping .
4. If you want to dropship internationally, I advice you use Shopify/Orbelo app. You will seamlessly sync your shopify store with aliexpress in almost auto mode. You can use Woocommerce - but you may pay higher for hosting when you start getting traffic. Basic hosting won't be enough.

Finally , if you are a beginner, why not try your hand in freelancing, affiliate marketing etc. You may need to hone your digital skills to succeed.

If you need help with Woocommerce or Shopify, let me know. As a shopify partner, I can create demo stores for you which can go live when you want to launch.

In future tutorial, I will let you know how to setup your online store with just N2000. Yes N2000 all for free. No eBook, no drop your number or email. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for this frank write up. If I create a shopify store,does it show as a shopify store to buyers or it shows as a normal website?
Re: International Dropshipping - Payment Gateway Update by mukhcech(m): 6:40pm On Oct 10, 2018
What happened to this thread?

(1) (Reply)

I Need List Of Business I Can Start With 20k Without Store / Importation Business / Pls I Need Ur Help On Starting My Fashion Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.