Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Help: MS Excel - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help: MS Excel (1153 Views)

Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This / How To Converts MBOX File Into MS Outlook / Building An Hierarchical Comment System In Asp.net Mvc, Ms Sql Server, Css (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: MS Excel by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2018
I forgot the password to my MS Excel file, can anyone help me retrieve this password or remove the password totally?
Re: Help: MS Excel by hupernikao: 12:06am On Feb 26, 2018
Farmercist:
I forgot the password to my MS Excel file, can anyone help me retrieve this password or remove the password totally?

Attach the file here, I can help you.
Re: Help: MS Excel by lanocfoods: 6:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
Farmercist:
Go to file and click on save as, save the file with a different name and try to open it(I mean the new one)
Re: Help: MS Excel by hupernikao: 9:46pm On Mar 06, 2018
lanocfoods:

Go to file and click on save as, save the file with a different name and try to open it(I mean the new one)

It won't remove the password. SheetProtect is a property of an Excel worksheet, thus it is retained irrespective of the file name change, location change or data manipulation.

Harder route is to save the file as .zip (I mean the file extension. xls or xlsx to zip) then open the zip (don't unzip) and follow the folders to locate the file sheet1.xml (assuming the sheet protected us sheet1). Then he should open it with a good code editor and search for the sheet protect line of code, then delete the long hash sequence in front. Afterwards click save to save changes then close zip and change extension back to xls. Open the file and the protection is gone.
Re: Help: MS Excel by hupernikao: 9:46pm On Mar 06, 2018
lanocfoods:

It won't remove the password. SheetProtect is a property of an Excel worksheet, thus it is retained irrespective of the file name change, location change or data manipulation.

Harder route is to save the file as .zip (I mean the file extension. xls or xlsx to zip) then open the zip (don't unzip) and follow the folders to locate the file sheet1.xml (assuming the sheet protected is sheet1). Then he should open it with a good code editor and search for the sheet protect line of code, then delete the long hash sequence in front. Afterwards click save to save changes then close zip and change extension back to xls. Open the file and the protection is gone.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Help! Help! My Sister's Facebook Account Was Hacked / How I Generated $1000+ In This August (step By Step Tutorial) / I Created A Simple Budget App, Rate It Out Of 10.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.