Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? (13626 Views)

Buhari Doesn't Have To Debate, His Achievements For 3.5 Years Will Talk - APC / I Have Forgiven You, But You Have To Mend Your International Image~Obj To Atiku / Northerners, What Is The Plan Of The North For Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
Former Minister of Health, Prof A.B.C. Nwosu, has described Igbos as lazy thinkers, who are acting strangely ahead of the 2019 general elections.

According to him, Igbo were thinking that by merely supporting President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019, they will automatically become President in 2023.

Speaking with Daily Sun, Nwosu maintained that it would be difficult for an Igboman to emerge as President in 2023, because, “The Igbo are acting very strangely on 2019.

“They are some lazy thinkers, who think that if you let the present order continue, and after four years, you just go and pick it because it is your turn.

“It won’t happen that way. If the Igbo are not aggressive about who becomes president in 2019, and aggressive that they are in the centre of power, and they are represented in the centre of power, how can power where they are not represented be handed over to them in 2023?

“What if the power where they are not represented hands it over to another person? Then you see the persons again drag out their knives and matchetes and go into the local markets and start shouting, Enyimba Enyi.

“This is the time to struggle to be part of the presidency. They will either be the vice president completely and be represented in all national structures of power.”
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 9:07am On Feb 25, 2018
What a sad precipitate and much disappointments to the astonishment of the world grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Purehuman(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2018
Bede2u:
Igbo achievement;

Sports; olympic gold- Chioma Ajunwa, nduka awazie, clement chukwu.

Science; Philip Emeagwali (internet) Barth Nnaji (e-design, geometric reasoning) Eni Njoku (botanist) Chike obi (maths)

Tech; Innocent chukwuma (innosson), Aba shoe makers and replica makers, Ogbunigwe bomb makers, NAF drone makers

Education; So many south east students breaking foreign university records. Emmanuel Ohuabunwa (johnhopkins uni)

Entertainment; founded nollywood with living in bondage, dominated music with psquare

Literature, Chimamanda adichie, chinua achebe, cyprain ekwensi

Did anyone ask you to mention igbo achievement. The reason why igbos are insulted is not more than this. Stay on topic and not deviate.

Seriously, we have variant humans on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by pazienza(m): 9:38am On Feb 25, 2018
QuotaSystem:
This OP is clearly obsessed with the North smiley.

Two days ago he asked what plan the North had for Nigeria (assuming it had none), by the time he was provided with a bulletproof roadmap to progress (despite failing to acknowledge the failures that southern leadership recorded in the 14 years it was in power since 1999), he ran away from the thread without acknowledging the roadmap, only to cough up this new one.

To confirm his prejudice, he has now asked northerners not to mention Aliko Dangote who is Nigerias gift to the black race and one of its biggest exports and sources of pride - a Fulani entrepreneur par excellence and richest black man alive, greatest industrialist in Africa that develops countries with solid infrastructure instead of powdered drugs. His insistence on excluding Dangote clearly proves that he is not genuinely curious but just seeks an avenue to bash the north in order to air out his frustration.

Even though we have inventors like Jelani Aliyu (Chevrolet Volt electric car), world leaders like Amina Mohammed (Dep. UN Secretary General), the world renowned colourful Hausa architecture among others, indulging the OP further will only reinforce his bigoted tendency to open another senseless prejudiced thread on his crazed obsession - the great people of northern Nigeria.

Jelani Aliyu didn't invent anything.
Please, stop the lies already, we have been here before.

Bob Boniface designed the Chevrolet we are talking about.
https://www.nairaland.com/2438270/bob-boniface-designed-created-chevy

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 9:41am On Feb 25, 2018
I will not do what you have done by posting the ills of your people, at least, QuotaSystem, Furr and others didn't descend so low as we understand that crimes are resultants of BAD leadership, which falls on both sides of the divides.

Are you aware that there is a country in the world that has closed down its prison yard due to reduced crime in the country?

If you had a functional brain Alikote, you should have known that we will never end list of crimes if I decide to start posting the cannibalistic traits of your people, include live beheading in the name of Allah, the god you worship.

This the problem of the North, you can't handle criticism of any kind. Trust me, even in 1000 years to come, there will not be much changes in the North because of your mindset, worldview to events of the world.

Unknown to you who do almost everything based on religious views, Saudi Arabia, the Origin of Islam, has started making changes in their land and giving women more voice. But you who borrowed this same doctorine hasn't change. This also goes to my Christian brothers... Isreal, the origin of Christianity is country of military might and do not resort to prayers when threatened.

This thread should have been somewhat, like China would have handled it, to get your people to work hard and prove the world that you also have something to offer. But you have resorted to mudslinging lol. grin grin grin

Unlike you, I can accept the weakness of the South, I can agree that agriculture and food processing is in the hands of the NORTH.

Groundnuts--North,
Rice--North,
Yams--Mainly North
Tomatoes and Pepper--North
Groundnuts--North
Groundnut oil--North
Ginger---North
Onions--North
Carrots---North
Sesame--North
Beans--North
SOLAR electricity will be the NORTH IF only they can use it as well.

This is what is expected of any sane and learned human when confronted with criticism. This is what makes me different. You are the one hating... not me. I was just doing review of your weakness that may have been oblivious.

Agreed, nobody can do everything. Therefore, we all should appreciate our weakness and strengths. The problem lies in the hands of the elites who use religious and ethnic divides to deceive people.

Another sad scenario is the fact that the learned ones among you have REFUSED to help illiterates among you to advance their thinking... Imagine a learned Fulani still supporting nomadic roaming in 2018, just imagine, when ranching can be found Saudi Arabia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfUb339fDew

I am not here to discuss crime with you bro.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Bede2u(m): 9:41am On Feb 25, 2018
Purehuman:

Did anyone ask you to mention igbo achievement. The reason why igbos are insulted is not more than this. Stay on topic and not deviate.

This attack wasnt nessesary. Many posters also demanded to know Igbos international achievements. Dont always want to put people down because u are angry

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 9:42am On Feb 25, 2018
Purehuman:

lol bros... I tire for that guy.

1 Like

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by pazienza(m): 9:42am On Feb 25, 2018
Alikote:
Former Minister of Health, Prof A.B.C. Nwosu, has described Igbos as lazy thinkers, who are acting strangely ahead of the 2019 general elections.

According to him, Igbo were thinking that by merely supporting President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019, they will automatically become President in 2023.

Speaking with Daily Sun, Nwosu maintained that it would be difficult for an Igboman to emerge as President in 2023, because, “The Igbo are acting very strangely on 2019.

“They are some lazy thinkers, who think that if you let the present order continue, and after four years, you just go and pick it because it is your turn.

“It won’t happen that way. If the Igbo are not aggressive about who becomes president in 2019, and aggressive that they are in the centre of power, and they are represented in the centre of power, how can power where they are not represented be handed over to them in 2023?

“What if the power where they are not represented hands it over to another person? Then you see the persons again drag out their knives and matchetes and go into the local markets and start shouting, Enyimba Enyi.

“This is the time to struggle to be part of the presidency. They will either be the vice president completely and be represented in all national structures of power.”
So, what is it?

If we support a Fulani man In Buhari, we are branded lazy, if we don't support him, we are branded vindictive and full of hate?
Can Ndiigbo ever please Nigerians? ABC is only frustrated that Ndiigbo are not going to try and vote for another non Igbo man called Atiku, like we did for an Ijaw man in 2015, and we became branded hateful,tribal( don't mind that neither GEJ nor his VP were Igbo) selfish, not knowing how to play politics and other stupid appellations.

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Purehuman(m): 9:45am On Feb 25, 2018
Bede2u:
This attack wasnt nessesary. Many posters also demanded to know Igbos international achievements. Dont always want to put people down because u are angry

Please try and ignore. Let the northerners face themselves and let's leave them to argue please. Everyday you guys will be pushing igbos to always defend our tribe online because of all these.

I am sorry to attack you.
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 9:50am On Feb 25, 2018
Purehuman:

Please try and ignore. Let the northerners face themselves and let's leave them to argue please. Everyday you guys will be pushing igbos to always defend our tribe online because of all these.

I am sorry to attack you.
That was why I was almost begging that they shouldn't get involved in earlier pages.

I tire, I swear.
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 25, 2018
remedick:
I will not do what you have done by posting the ills of your people, at least, QuotaSystem, Furr and others didn't descend so low as we understand that crimes are resultants of BAD leadership, which falls on both sides of the divides.

Are you aware that there is a country in the world that has closed down its prison yard due to reduced crime in the country?

If you had a functional brain Alikote, you should have known that we will never end list of crimes if I decide to start posting the cannibalistic traits of your people, include live beheading in the name of Allah, the god you worship.

This the problem of the North, you can't handle criticism of any kind. Trust me, even in 1000 years to come, there will not be much changes in the North because of your mindset, worldview to events of the world.

Unknown to you who do almost everything based on religious views, Saudi Arabia, the Origin of Islam, has started making changes in their land and giving women more voice. But you who borrowed this same doctorine hasn't change. This also goes to my Christian brothers... Isreal, the origin of Christianity is country of military might and do not resort to prayers when threatened.

This thread should have been somewhat, like China would have handled it, to get your people to work hard and prove the world that you also have something to offer. But you have resorted to mudslinging lol. grin grin grin

Unlike you, I can accept the weakness of the South, I can agree that agriculture and food processing is in the hands of the NORTH.

Groundnuts--North,
Rice--North,
Yams--Mainly North
Tomatoes and Pepper--North
Groundnuts--North
Groundnut oil--North
Ginger---North
Onions--North
Carrots---North
Sesame--North
Beans--North
SOLAR electricity will be the NORTH IF only they can use it as well.

This is what is expected of any sane and learned human when confronted with criticism. This is what makes me different. You are the one hating... not me. I was just doing review of your weakness that may have been oblivious.

Agreed, nobody can do everything. Therefore, we all should appreciate our weakness and strengths. The problem lies in the hands of the elites who use religious and ethnic divides to deceive people.

Another sad scenario is the fact that the learned ones among you have REFUSED to help illiterates among you to advance their thinking... Imagine a learned Fulani still supporting nomadic roaming in 2018, just imagine, when ranching can be found Saudi Arabia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfUb339fDew

I am not here to discuss crime with you bro.
finally i have reset ur brain to the right format to make u know that u have no moral justification to critic the north
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 9:55am On Feb 25, 2018
Alikote:

grin grin grin

Milking the desert: How mega-dairies thrive in Saudi sands
By Peter Shadbolt, for CNN

Updated 0831 GMT (1631 HKT) December 18, 2013
Feeding time: imported grain and huge amounts of water have created mega-dairies in some of Mideast's driest areas.

Feeding time: imported grain and huge amounts of water have created mega-dairies in some of Mideast's driest areas.
Story highlights

Saudi Arabian dairy has become one of the biggest in the region
Almarai began as a small farm in 1970s with 300 cows Situated in one of world's most arid regions, indoor farms rely on 'California model'
Critics point to high use of water and depletion of ancient underground water reservesJersey, Guernsey, Holstein; the world's dairy cattle breeds bear the names of some of the wettest, lushest, and greenest places in Europe, testament to the fact that to produce milk you need a lot of water.

Industry experts say one cow must consume three liters of water a day to produce one liter of milk. For high-performing cattle that's equal to 150 liters a day.

Saudi Arabia --with an average annual rainfall of just 2.3 inches (59mm) -- might seem an unlikely candidate to be among the world's top 10 dairy producers, but its mega-dairy Almarai has grown to be one of the biggest food producers in the Persian Gulf.

Leslie Butler, a dairy economist at the University of California, says the vast milking plants that dot the Persian Gulf region employ an industry standard known as the "Californian model" to run dairies in some of the driest regions of the world.

"The Californian model is simply that you don't have to grow all your grass and raise your own feed crops, you can import feed and water and all your input and house a thousand head of dairy cattle on just 40 acres of land," Butler told CNN.

He said as long as the water and feed could be sourced, then dairy operations of this type were sustainable.
"The other side of sustainable, of course, is whether they get the price they want for the milk they produce, but I assume that they do," he said.
From food security to big exports Established with the help of Irish agribusiness pioneers Alastair and Paddy McGlucklin in 1977, Almarai began modestly with just 300 head of cattle as part of a Saudi push to achieve food security through self-sufficiency -- a government response to the oil shocks of the 1970s.

Forty years later and the company is a diversified regional giant selling juices, poultry, baked products and infant formula.
With a total herd of 135,000 dairy cattle, Almarai's installation at Al Kharj 80 kilometers (50 miles) south of the capital Riyadh, houses one of its largest herds of 67,000.

The company's statistics are staggering: the entire herd produces 2.5 million liters of milk a day -- an average of 40 liters per cow per day roughly double the European average.

Technology to beat the heat
The secret to making a dairy successful in one of the world's most arid environments is to apply technology -- and a lot of it.
At normal desert temperatures that can reach as high 50 degrees Celsius, milk production would normally plummet, the produce would spoil quickly and dangerous bacteria would form.

However, every step of the process of keeping the Holstein milking cows at a perfect temperature of between 21 and 23 degrees Celsius (70 and 73 degrees Fahrenheit) is automated.

Read more: Dubai builds big for Expo 2020

Overhead misters in the open-sided sheds that house the herds send out clouds of moisture that wet the flanks of the herd to keep them cool. Fans also keep them dry and prevent puddles from forming.

As well as computers that monitor the temperature and humidity in the installations, workers put the cattle through stationary water jets - a process that ensures the milk is not contaminated with manure - before the cattle are milked four times daily.

After the cows are milked, the mega-factory goes through the process of pasteurizing the dairy products, bottling and packaging it. Almarai's fleet of 1,000 refrigerated tankers then deliver it to 55,000 stores in six Gulf nations.
Water worries Saudi is not the only Gulf State to have automated its milk production.

In the nearby United Arab Emirates, the Al Ain Dairy Farm, the largest in the UAE and a competitor to Almarai, has per cow yields at 10,000 liters a year, almost the equal of Almarai's 12,400 liters a year.

However, critics warn that the high yields of Almarai and other Gulf dairies carry a cost.

Seen from Google Earth, the irrigation pivots of Al Kharj stand out like green crop circles in the rocky brown of the desert. Just 40 years ago, Saudi Arabia's underground store of fossil water was estimated at 500 cubic kilometers, enough to fill Lake Erie, according to a report published by University of London SOAS.

Read more: Oxford, Yale or Abu Dhabi?
It estimates four-fifths of the aquifers are now depleted. With practically no rainfall to replenish them, it has been reported that the government intends to phase out wheat production by 2016.

Many of the irrigation pivots at Al Kharj stand unused and the Saudi government is coy about their future.

In the meantime, Saudi investment in land near the headwaters of the Nile in the Gambella region of Ethiopia has caused controversy.
Human Rights Watch, in a 2012 report, said that foreign investors from Saudi and China had acquired large tracts of land and that it had evidence that some 70,000 indigenous people in the western Gambella region were relocated against their will to new villages that "lack adequate food, farmland, healthcare and educational facilities".

The Oakland Institute, an NGO, issued a critical report on Saudi Star's Gambella investment in Ethiopia in June last year, alleging that the company failed to conduct an environmental impact assessment and that residents reported the threat of force from Ethiopian authorities if they did not resettle.

Meanwhile, the Saudi government has denied that its investment in the region has uprooted the region's indigenous people.
"I never heard of even a single displacement," Saudi Agriculture Minister Dr Fahd bin Abdulrahman Balghunaim said in media reports.
"If you or any other correspondent will show us a clear displacement or land grab or whatever by Saudi investment, please let us know. I assure you there are none whatsoever."

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/18/world/meast/milking-the-desert-saudi-dairy-farms/index.html
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Purehuman(m): 9:56am On Feb 25, 2018
remedick:
That was why I was almost begging that they shouldn't get involved in earlier pages.

I tire, I swear.

When someone talks about igbos we are all affected and we try as much as possible to reset their mindset to the positive but some will just stay online and raise comments that will put igbos for public shaming.

Seriously, I am tired.
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 25, 2018
Leave us to tackle our problem in the north...go and tackle tonnes of yours..we like our way of life we dont aspire to be european... we luv our nomadic culture as a distint group....and dont want to be europeans like south get this into your thick head ...put your energy on your people busy body

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 10:02am On Feb 25, 2018
Alikote:
finally i have reset ur brain to the right format to make u know that u have no moral justification to critic the north
It only means one thing: Either you do not understand the question or you are deliberately avoiding answering it.

In the last few months, everything proposed to help move this country forward has been rejected by the North. A people how hasn't conquered much at the international front/fore is same people rejecting ideas that can move the country forward AS IF they know better. Nah... not done!
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 10:03am On Feb 25, 2018
Alikote:
Leave us to tackle our problem in the north...go and tackle tonnes of yours..we like our way of life we dont aspire to be european... we luv our nomadic culture as a distint group....and dont want to be europeans like south get this into your thick head ...put your energy on your people busy body
Then keep your cattles ONLY in the North, keep them there as it is causing menace and nuisance in other places.

3 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 10:06am On Feb 25, 2018
Purehuman:

When someone talks about igbos we are all affected and we try as much as possible to reset their mindset to the positive but some will just stay online and raise comments that will put igbos for public shaming.

Seriously, I am tired.
So sad. I have noticed that is easy to provoke an Igbo man into a fight than a Yoruba man. It was same reason why I didn't beg the Yorubas not to get involved because I know that by their Natural instincts , they would ignore, EXCEPT when pushed to the wall far too long.

1 Like

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 25, 2018
Finally i have tones of good ibo people very grounded in commerce infact ikenna invested 50 m in a fulani man truck company since 2013 and he has move to ireland and still earn....leo obi a nice ibo chap we even attended his mum burial in udi enugu a hard working tile dealer in orile.......infact the ibos are the most successful ethnic group in commerce in africa.....but if any small boy insult the north we will reaffirm our position of no moral justifaction ..thief no they critise theif
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by QuotaSystem: 10:09am On Feb 25, 2018
pazienza:

Jelani Aliyu didn't invent anything.
Please, stop the lies already, we have been here before.

Bob Boniface designed the Chevrolet we are talking about.
https://www.nairaland.com/2438270/bob-boniface-designed-created-chevy

undecided

fulanimafia:
Jelani Aliyu, hails from Sokoto State, Nigeria and is General Motors Lead Exterior Designer and the designer of the Chevy Volt. General Motors is the world’s largest automobile maker. The car has been described as an American Revolution and one of the hottest concepts in the design line.

Jelani was born in 1966 in Kaduna, to Alhaji Aliya Haidara and Sharifiya Hauwa’u Aliyu. The fifth of seven children, theirs is a very close-knit family. For him, it was an amazing experience growing up in Sokoto, surrounded by the rich culture of the people and the state and enjoying excellent access to the latest and international information.

From 1971 to 1978, he attended Capital School, Sokoto, an excellent school and this served as a very productive educational experience for him. In 1978, he gained admission into Federal Government College, Sokoto, from where he graduated in 1983 with an award as the best in Technical Drawing.

Jelani was privileged to meet and make many good friends from all parts of the country and beyond during this time. He had tremendous encouragement and mentoring from his family and friends and his creative art develop the ed. He drew a lot, designed his own cars, and even built scale models of them, complete with exteriors and interiors.

After FGC, he got admission into the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria to study Architecture, but soon discovered that curriculum did not support his future vision and plans.

After considering other institutions in Nigeria and their academic programmes, he concluded that only one of them had the study criteria that would support his future goals. The institution in which he chose to pursue his education was one he felt offered the best creative programmes and had experience that would give him the best foundation required to study Automobile Design abroad. That institution was the Birnin Kebbi Polytechnic. He was there from 1986 to 1988 and earned an associate degree in Architecture, with an award as Best All-Round Student. While there, he did some in depth research into home design and construction, looking into materials and structures that would be most compatible with our environment and climate; buildings that would stay cool in a hot environment with little, or no artificial electrical air conditioning. Upon graduation from the polytechnic, Jelani worked for a while at the Ministry of Works, Sokoto.

In 1990, Aliyu moved to Detroit, Michigan to enroll at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit under a Sokoto Schorlarship board sponsorship. Having always wanted to study Automobile Design, this was a dream come true and an absolutely fascinating experience. The course was very practical and emphasis was put on creativity and the development of new designs to provide solutions . He received his degree in automobile design in 1994.

In 1994 he began his career with the design staff of General Motors. He worked on the Buick Rendezvous and was the lead exterior designer of the Pontiac G6. He also worked on the Astra with General Motors’ Opel Division.

With his brilliant work on the design of the Chevrolet Volt, which was unveiled in 2007, Jelani Aliyu is considered by many to be the super star of the General Motors renaissance.

Jelani Aliyu Develops Solar Powered Laptops

http://leadership.ng/news/368964/ecosahels-jelani-aliyu-develops-solar-powered-laptop

Jelani Aliyu conferred With National honour (MFR) by past President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan on Sept 17, 2012.

http://www.channelstv.com/2012/09/10/full-list-of-nigerians-shortlisted-for-national-honours/

MOTORTrends America, a leading American car magazine, lists the 5 Key People behind the Chevy Volt.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/consumer/112_0904_chevrolet_volt_inside_story/people_behind_the_volt.html

Jelani Aliyu, the Senior Creative Designer (GM) is credited with designing the Chevy Volt.

http://innov8tiv.com/jelani-aliyu-general-motors-senior-creative-designer-credited-design-chevy-volt/

What the GM and the World say about Jelani Aliyu (must WATCH!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqx-xKGeDCA

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 25, 2018
remedick:
Then keep your cattles ONLY in the North, keep there as it is causing menace and nuisance in other places.
we are finding a way out ....not all nomad are nigerians they are pan west africa and stateless ...the north is 70 percent land mass of nigeria

1 Like

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 25, 2018
remedick:
It only means one thing: Either you do not understand the question or you are deliberately avoiding answering it.

In the last few months, everything proposed to help move this country forward has been rejected by the North. A people how hasn't conquered much at the international front/fore is same people rejecting ideas that can move the country forward AS IF they know better. Nah... not m done!
local production of rice and stoppage of import of fuel by dangote is not moving ..saving 42 bn dollars is not moving forward...we dont have to cross libya to italy to achieve...our aspirations and ur are different...if i farm 1 million of rice and feed 10 m nigeria is more of an international achievement that a noble lurrete in litrature
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 10:29am On Feb 25, 2018
Alikote:
we are finding a way out ....not all nomad are nigerians they are pan west africa and stateless ...the north is 70 percent land mass of nigeria
The way out is RANCHING... no other way. I mean you are using the internet to communicate with me, you can make calls over the internet too and so many things conveniently, doesn't it make life easy for you? You use the mobile phone, doesn't it make life easy for you? Why not make life easy for your people by suggesting ranching?

Irrespective of what I have said before, I know that Northerners are smart. Many might not literate but by they are sharp.

There is this guy over here in my area.

He is so tall and black, as in real African black. Anytime I see this guy, I always feel something odd about him. He acts like a Southerner as results of the way he reacts and acts when doing some things. So while I was at a friend's shop and he came around to buy something. I told my friend that the guy looks too Northern to be here or called a Southerner. My friend told me that person I am talking about is actually a Northerner but grew up in the South West. He didn't finish without saying that the dude is very smart and sharp. He actually fix cars as mechanic here and he is in the midst of Yorubas. If not for his looks, I could have guessed he is a Southerner.

Based on his physique, he may likely be a Fulani--Tall, slim and DARK!

So what am I saying? Help your people, they have the brain, they smart, they are sharp. Teach them modern ways of live as long as it does not oppose your faith, which Ranching is.

I am not necessarily angry with the less educated ones among you. I am angry at the learned ones who have refused to use their privileges to help their people. How many of you who can read and write have resorted to doing FREE reading and writing training? I am not talking Quranic recitation, I am talking about English letters that you are using to communicate with me on here.

You have a lot of works to do bro... you have a whole lot. HELP your people. It is for the betterment of the North, don't see it as hate so that in the future, threads such as these will not pop up asking what North do for Nigeria.
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 10:34am On Feb 25, 2018
Alikote:
Finally i have tones of good ibo people very grounded in commerce infact ikenna invested 50 m in a fulani man truck company since 2013 and he has move to ireland and still earn....leo obi a nice ibo chap we even attended his mum burial in udi enugu a hard working tile dealer in orile.......infact the ibos are the most successful ethnic group in commerce in africa.....but if any small boy insult the north we will reaffirm our position of no moral justifaction ..thief no they critise theif
AHan, I LIKE THE way u talk this one... no b fight bro.
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by pazienza(m): 11:31am On Feb 25, 2018
Three Ohioans were instrumental in designing and engineering the Chevy Volt plug-in hybrid car.

Bob Boniface

Everyone knew that Bob Boniface should design cars. Everyone but the man who is now the lead designer of General Motors Volt electric car.

Plain Dealer Reporter Robert Schoenberger interviews Bob Boniface
Boniface's father, Raymond, a retired psychiatrist, said his son's childhood obsession with cars sometimes caused problems.

"He was terrible. As a little boy, his homework coming home from the fifth grade would have pictures of cars all around it," Raymond Boniface said from his home in the Youngstown suburb of Poland, Ohio. When Bob was 8, he gave his father a card that said 'Happy Birthday Dad,' with cars all over it.

Who could blame him?

His father collected cars.

The youngest of eight children (four boys, four girls), Bob polished the chrome on the Alfa Romeos in his father's collection.

It wasn't enough for him.

"I was one of those kids who knew every car on the road," he said. "I would sketch the pictures I saw in the owner's manuals [of his father's cars], pictures of the gas tank, pictures of the instrument panel and the steering wheel and the controls. Anything to do with cars, I couldn't get enough of it."

But when it came time to leave Poland, Boniface pursued a degree in psychology and economics at Vanderbilt University in Nashville. After graduation, he ended up in Boston working for an investment company.

The sketching never stopped.

"I wasn't making a lot of money, so the decision was pretty easy," Boniface said. He left Boston for Detroit, where he entered the College of Creative Studies. After graduation, he spent 12 years at Chrysler working on vehicles such as the Chrysler 300 and Jeep Liberty. He joined GM in 2004, working on the new hydrogen-powered Sequel concept car and later the Camaro sports car.

Boniface's father said he sees influence of the Italian cars he collected in his son's designs.

"We love cars for the art form. They reflect the culture," Raymond Boniface said.

The Italian cars he loves have a live-for-the-moment feel. His son, he said, can marry that vivacious spirit to his Midwestern need for practicality.

Bob Boniface said the combination of passion and common sense is what draws a lot of people from this state to the auto industry.

"I can usually tell an Ohio person," Boniface said. "It's a Midwest thing. They're very balanced and rational thinkers.. . . . People understand how to build things. It's a positive, can-do attitude."

Ken Karbon

Ken Karbon isn't a car guy.

Sure, he has worked for General Motors for nearly 20 years and can point to dozens of features on cars that he created.

Ken Karbon discusses the Volt
But as one of two aerodynamics specialists working on the Chevrolet Volt, it's still the engineering challenge, not the car itself, that excites him.

"I could do this on airplanes or golf balls or anything," said the Parma native and 1984 graduate of Valley Forge High School.

Karbon's mother, Dorothy said her son was born to be an engineer. The youngest of four children and her only son, Ken was always building something or taking something else apart.

When Ken was 5, Dorothy watched him play with a set of Tinker Toys for hours.

"Just by looking at the picture, he could put things together. We never had to help him," she said.

The things he built got more complicated as he got older. When Ken was 11, he and his father built a cage to catch a bird. Her son had found a diagram in a magazine.

"Sure enough, a bird flew in there, and the door closed," she said. He set the bird free immediately. "He just wanted to see if he could do it."

After high school, Karbon earned a degree in mechanical engineering from Ohio State University. He got several job offers, but most of them were for project management positions. He wanted to work on jet engines or some sort of complex machinery, not direct others.

"The job at GM seemed the most technical engineering application of the things that I learned at Ohio State," Karbon said. He might not have been a car lover, but the company offered the chance to work on tough engineering puzzles.

After he spent a few years designing suspensions and other components, GM awarded Karbon a fellowship to the University of Michigan. After that, he concentrated more on computer modeling and aerodynamics, the two areas that interested him most when he was at Ohio State.

After all of those years and having his fingerprints on dozens of car designs, Karbon said he's still not a car lover. His mother agreed, saying he chose his first vehicle strictly for practicality.

Dorothy Karbon said that when Ken turned 16, "He wanted a truck. He really didn't care about the engine as long as it took him to his fishing and hunting. That's all he cared about."

Gary Ruiz

Teresita Ruiz remembers the day when her son told she and her husband that he was giving up his career as a pharmacist to draw pictures for a living.

Hear from Gary Ruiz

"We were both so mad," Ruiz said from her home in Parma. "He should be looking for a profession that would be a high-paying job to support a family."
A pharmacist herself, she knew it was a safe, stable career. Getting paid to draw pictures of cars didn't feel right to his mother, who came to the United States from the Philippines in 1969.

She's less concerned these days. Former St. Ignatius hockey player Gary Ruiz is one of the lead designers of the Chevrolet Volt, General Motors' highest-profile vehicle.

Gary Ruiz also remembers the day he told his parents about his decision.

" 'You're going to be a starving artist,' That was the first reaction," he said.

His mother said she was happy that he at least had his pharmacy degree from Ohio State University if things didn't work out.

Looking back, she said, he was always drawing. A Crayon and a pad of paper could keep him happy for hours.

Gary said he tried pharmacy but knew after six months that he needed to go back to school. A year later, he entered Detroit's College of Creative Studies.

His mother said companies quickly noticed her son. He interned with BMW in California one year. The next, he was in Japan interning with Toyota. In addition to the internships, he kept winning or placing high in automotive design contests.

Ruiz said design school had four-month-long summer breaks. He would intern for three months. While his classmates spent the final month waiting tables or doing odd jobs, he filled out prescriptions.

"It was possible back then because of the shortage of pharmacists," Ruiz said.

When he graduated, he had offers from GM, Chrysler, Ford, Nissan and others. Teresita Ruiz said she encouraged her son to stay closer to home, and he chose the job with Chrysler. About a year later, GM came in with a better offer.

Teresita Ruiz said she doesn't understand a lot of what her son does with the Volt program, only that he seems to be doing well.

Gary Ruiz said he's just happy his parents realize that he can make a living as a designer.

"Now, I think they're just happy for me," Ruiz said.

http://blog.cleveland.com/pdextra/2008/10/meet_members_of_the_chevy_volt.html

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by pazienza(m): 11:47am On Feb 25, 2018
"You are making a fool of yourself. Bob is the chief designer of the vehicle. He has a team working under him, which Aliyu was privileged to be part of. Even the external design wasn't designed by Aliyu alone, as you can see that he shares the patent with his co workers.

But all in all, the designer of Chevrolet volt remains Bob Boniface, which is the aim of this thread.

Aliyu was but a member of the external design crew. This info is not what fulanimafia gave in the Igbo mechanic thread, he presented Bob Boniface's invention as that of a relatively lowly Aliyu. That's the lie this thread has exposed"

3 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by pazienza(m): 11:54am On Feb 25, 2018
The above was a comment I made on an old thread about the Aliyu fraudulent claim to being the designer of Chevrolet Volt.
The Chief designer as we see was Bob Boniface, Aliyu was just one of the many members under Boniface, who assisted in designing just the external component of the car, of course, under Bob Boniface supervision.
Notice that Aliyu shares the patent for the external design with two other colleagues.
Others designed the interior and other parts of the vehicle, and all of them were supervised by Bob Boniface who was the chief designer.

So, it becomes fraudulent and misleading, when some one comes online to claim that Aliyu Jelani designed Chevrolet Volt. When he was only but a part of a team of designers that designed the vehicle exterior.

4 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by cjrane: 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
Northern Nigeria is only concerned with improving their cheating of everybody else.
There not a single project in the north today that was not built by Federal government which took the project away from other regions.Even all the agricultural dams were built there to give it agricultural advantage over the south. Then they send cows into the southern farms to destroy the little being done.

That is why Nigeria has been unworkable and backward. Northerners don't know how to share one country with everyone. They cannot live without cheating.
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
medpren:

Why do you muslim enjoy using Christian names to deceive people? Are you guys that cowardly? grin

How is the presidency of the zoo that you kill people to gain an 'International achievement' you buffoon?

Your fulani masters have proven that all one need to be a presidiot in zoogeria, is to be crude, barbaric, daft, blood-thirsty, mor0nic and lack forsesight. Unfortunately Igbos will not be as daft as you are because they want the presidency. You live the most miserable life with diseases and poverty even after all the donkey year fula master have ruled. So why should we want that?

is that your admittance that the presidency is still elusive? ouch!!
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
cjrane:
Northern Nigeria is only concerned with improving their cheating of everybody else.
There not a single project in the north today that was not built by Federal government which took the project away from other regions.Even all the agricultural dams were built there to give it agricultural advantage over the south. Then they send cows into the southern farms to destroy the little being done.

That is why Nigeria has been unworkable and backward. Northerners don't know how to share one country with everyone. They cannot live without cheating.
anew ethnic pysco found ....fat lie alk project in the north not build by federal govt...we have state rd state hospital and state university all working if yr gov steal u blind how is it north biz which dam dem wan build for lagos or river

1 Like

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
Northern nigeria not the cause of your life problem...now even if person get rents problem in south he blame the north ...which dam govt go build for lagos or bayelsa that is already water u be confirmed ethnic physco u wan flood lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FFK Reacts To US Report On Continuation Of "Grave Violations Of Human Rights" / Dickson, Ben Bruce And Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet (Photos) / Ondo 2020: Olusegun Abraham Denies Rumoured Disqualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.