Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

I Will Only Return To That School If Buratai Is The Gateman, Says Pupil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Only Return To That School If Buratai Is The Gateman, Says Pupil (631 Views)

Certificate: Go Back To School If You Don"t Have WAEC - Obasanjo Tells Buhari / Yusuf Buratai Is Dead (Father Of Tukur Yusuf Buratai) / BREAKING - Yusuf Buratai Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Will Only Return To That School If Buratai Is The Gateman, Says Pupil by callydon(m): 7:08am On Feb 22, 2018
The Boko Haram attack on Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi, may have created a setback for the efforts to get girls to remain in schools in Yobe State.

One of the pupils, Faiza Mohammed, said yesterday that she would not return to school except Chief of Army Staff Lt.-Gen. Yusuf Tukur Buratai is the gateman.

The attack on the school has also caused some level of panic across the northern part of Yobe State which witnessed fewer attacks of the insurgents in the last seven years.

Faiza, who gave a graphic account of the pupils’ experience while avoiding the marauding terrorists, said one of her classmates was bitten by a snake as they tried to escape through the bush in the night; others broke their legs.

Faiza praised the efforts of “our teachers who tried to keep us together”. “They tried their best to control us not to scatter into the bush but some stubborn students started jumping the fence to run into the bush. There were some of us that hid in nearby houses from the school.”

She said the Vice Principal (Academics) and the Vice Principal (Admin) were monitoring the movement of the Boko Haram men around the school.

“I told my mother that I will not go back to that school again, except Buratai is the gateman. But my sister’s daughter told me that my demands are impossible because Gen. Buratai cannot come down to Dapchi to become gateman in my school. What I simply want is for government to provide for us enough security.

“Because of what my sister said, I will go back but if I see no security, I will just come back and study at home and write my final exams and my JAMB,” Faiza said.

The state government closed down the school for one week. The Army has launched a search and rescue operation for the missing students.

Re: I Will Only Return To That School If Buratai Is The Gateman, Says Pupil by callydon(m): 7:09am On Feb 22, 2018
Get full details here:

I will only return to that school if Buratai is the gateman, says pupil of school attacked by Boko-Haram

http://www.fullgist.com.ng/2018/02/i-will-only-return-to-that-school-if.html
Re: I Will Only Return To That School If Buratai Is The Gateman, Says Pupil by Sprumbabafather: 7:09am On Feb 22, 2018
But in all honesty, na gateman work go fit that old man grin

Imagine how cool he will look in a tattered gateman shoe with faded uniform pushing the gate for happy school children to pass.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Only Return To That School If Buratai Is The Gateman, Says Pupil by dabeto: 7:11am On Feb 22, 2018
Pesin wey no want go school bifor...... grin

2 Likes

Re: I Will Only Return To That School If Buratai Is The Gateman, Says Pupil by heendrix(m): 7:11am On Feb 22, 2018
Really? good for you tho
Re: I Will Only Return To That School If Buratai Is The Gateman, Says Pupil by LordIsaac(m): 7:12am On Feb 22, 2018
I will only return to that school if Buratai is the gateman
Buratai can never be the gateman
You would never return.
(Syllogism? grin)

1 Like

Re: I Will Only Return To That School If Buratai Is The Gateman, Says Pupil by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 22, 2018
You should have said if buhari is the gateman

2 Likes

Re: I Will Only Return To That School If Buratai Is The Gateman, Says Pupil by princechurchill(m): 7:29am On Feb 22, 2018
Show me the pictures of the girls with their parents or its all fake news
Re: I Will Only Return To That School If Buratai Is The Gateman, Says Pupil by Mynd44: 8:04am On Feb 22, 2018

(1)

Presidency Bars PUNCH, Others From Covering Buhari’s Benue Visit / BREAKING Trump Fires Rex Tillersom / How Buhari's Statement Fueled Election Reorder Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.