Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (101208 Views)

How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by uuzba(m): 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2019
ApexTitan:
It's funny how everyone has forgotten all the UK bashing that went on in the early pages of this thread.

Comments like this that were explicit
The Uk is a complete waste of public space especially for african migrants if you ask me..

or the implied ones by many, even the OP (who is now claiming to perform a public service), that the UK somehow deceived them into studying there.

Many people also imagine that the only reason why one would go for a masters degree overseas is to relocate. That may be true to some extent but not completely. If it were the UK would not be the #2 top destination for international students.
The UK gives visa very well for studies and they speak wonderful English and show very nice pictures of their University in their prospectus, online or printed. Surely even the brave will fall to their temptation. Once they've finished your school fees money, it's to flush you away like toilet paper. What do you want again?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:41pm On Feb 08, 2019
Thank goodness I never liked Britain... Won't even advice my enemy to go there. Maybe until they change their strict immigration.

PS= they don't owe us (Nigerians) anything.
You went there to study according the terms of your visa.. did not go for job hunting!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by hollaz: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2019
I am happy people are getting to realise all about coming to the UK now.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by jesmond3945: 3:48pm On May 01, 2019
hollaz:
I am happy people are getting to realise all about coming to the UK now.
wetin be your experience?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by abnot: 11:54pm On May 13, 2019
Entitlement mentality here and there. Britain was built for the British and not for africans. Many used study visas as a route to migration and as a responsible country with the interest of it's people at heart they tightened the loopholes. Those lamenting and regretting most likely had immigrant intents otherwise I don't get why a prospective student will not read about the immigration rules before embarking on such mirage.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 6:51am On May 14, 2019
Britain was built for brits by who
The NIGERIAN SLAVES THAT WERE CAPTURED FROM THEIR HOMES & VILLAGES or not?
Lmao....

Looking for clout?

abnot:
Entitlement mentality here and there. Britain was built for the British and not for africans. Many used study visas as a route to migration and as a responsible country with the interest of it's people at heart they tightened the loopholes. Those lamenting and regretting most likely had immigrant intents otherwise I don't get why a prospective student will not read about the immigration rules before embarking on such mirage.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Ugosample(m): 9:59am On Jul 01, 2019
Exciton:
Why the fvck are Nigerians always fixated on migration?!! Always taking the easy way out. I always see Naija Twitter "intellectuals" advice youths to leave while they can. Foreigners see this too, and no one is ever going to respect you if you think mass migration is a solution.

Why not focus on a lasting solution: saving the soul of your country by calling for constitutional changes, building strong institutions etc?

I don't get how people can feel comfortable developing another country at the expense of yours. Sub Saharan Africans just don't get global politics. The leaders in Western countries know exactly what they're doing: selectively taking in the above average and positive outliers --- those with usefull skills, the smartest or the socioeconomically advantaged and their looted wealth --- for their own development. This is harmful to smaller nations since they are left with a bit more shitty people and less wealth on average. Also, the numbers are well controlled because they understand the effect of culture on institutions. There're many reasons why sh!tholes are what they are, but culture is a big part of it!

It's okay to study and live outside Africa, but at least consider making positive contributions to your country for the sake of your future generations and the dignity of your people.

does Nigeria look like a country that wants development?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Ugosample(m): 10:16am On Jul 01, 2019
lifedynamics:

Sorry to burst your bubble but if the "best of the best" were encouraged and employed in Nigeria and not punished for choosing education over music or sports, then no one would migrate.
The developed countries take the best in for their own development and the best get employed in these developed counties... It's a win win for everyone

Why would a capable person waste his talents in Nigeria, when he can go to the US or Europe and become an employed hard worker?

good question
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Ndipe(m): 10:06am On Nov 25, 2019
If only Nigeria was living to its potentials . . .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by edoairways: 7:49am On Nov 26, 2019
I thought the policy as opined by op has been reversed

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by VisualPolitik: 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
Saladin25:

Japan bawo! Firstly, the language is a barrier. Secondly, Japan hardly accept skilled workers because, most of her citizens have those skills. The only way way they can accept you as a migrant is, you must undergo an internship training. Lastly, Japan is developed but their economy is not growing for more than a decade.
(164) Why does JAPAN need IMMIGRANTS? - VisualPolitik EN - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLnE9DmH1M
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by BlackSan: 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
Khd95:
and this my neighbour has been arguing with me that london is better than UK embarassed cheesy

i dunno what to tell her oo

But London is in UK
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by BlackSan: 7:59am On Jul 13, 2021
[quote author=blackbriar post=65330554]

japanese language barrier (the official hardest language in the world) is your biggest barrier[/quote

Now now... This is wrong!
I learnt japanese from watching anime ,(though the basic)
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by BlackSan: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2021
erico2k2:

Oga stop this
Stop spreading your own nonchalant attitude on public domain . It's ignorance on your own part that brought you to this story that touch . Where you promised Job at the Embassy ? ??and what did you study ? U think this is Nigeria where you read masscom and work in a dental surgery with no xtra training .

Please calm down
First of all, I think we should all agree that, at least 90% of Nigerians that travel out for studies, also hope to work after graduation.
This thread, from what I read so far, is supposed to enlighten those who intend to travel to UK with the hope of working after school.
By the way, for the few who were lucky enough to get job after graduation are in the minority.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by BlackSan: 4:35pm On Jul 13, 2021
okwyee:
I don't know if this counts. I've been freelancing for close to six months now I've worked with people from Australia and the UK. of all, the UK guys/company I've worked for are the best so far. Very honest and seem not to have a problem sending more clients my way despite the fact that I'm Nigerian and live in Nigeria.

I don't know how it feels when one's there sha. this is my observation from the few I've met.

Hi there
Please can you give a detailed explanation about this freelancing job?
Like what area...
And what website are you using?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by BlackSan: 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2021
ifenes:

He chose to spend that amount of money on the degree programs. The UK is not obligated to give him employment as they prefer British jobs for British workers. There is nothing wrong with being an economy migrant, only that you will not be prioritised.

Most of y'all enjoy argument but failed to comprehend the reason for the thread.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by vickydevoka(m): 1:20am On Aug 28, 2021
BlackSan:

Most of y'all enjoy argument but failed to comprehend the reason for the thread.

Exactly. Buh I would love to advice anyone going to u.k. to embrace sciences, especially I.T courses and medical courses. With this two you can at least have something to do.

If go an study course like law, economics and political science, u might end u coming back to Nigeria. Don't go abroad studying art courses go for science. Do you know why? You can easily get employed anywhere in the world
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by vickydevoka(m): 1:24am On Aug 28, 2021
erico2k2:

Oga stop this
Stop spreading your own nonchalant attitude on public domain . It's ignorance on your own part that brought you to this story that touch . Where you promised Job at the Embassy ? ??and what did you study ? U think this is Nigeria where you read masscom and work in a dental surgery with no xtra training .
Exactly. You have made a point. My cousin left U.S for U.k. recently and got a job. He said he can't raise his kid in U.S. they environment is not conducive for him. Especially de black area (de are full of gang Star).
According to him, it's better to face racism than to be with the Black man with a corrupt mindset
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by BlackSan: 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2021
vickydevoka:

Exactly. Buh I would love to advice anyone going to u.k. to embrace sciences, especially I.T courses and medical courses. With this two you can at least have something to do.

If go an study course like law, economics and political science, u might end u coming back to Nigeria. Don't go abroad studying art courses go for science. Do you know why? You can easily get employed anywhere in the world

Ux/Ui is under IT, yeah?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by tonero230(m): 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
BlackSan:

Ux/Ui is under IT, yeah?

If I do my masters in public health, can I get a good job there
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Raalsalghul: 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Where are all those people that said they UK doesn’t owe nobody anything? Watch and see, they will relax their laws when they noticed that they aren’t getting as much students trooping in, especially with the brexit. Very soon the post study will return and they might adopt the points based system like the post above declares.

I’m tired of all these arguments. If you don’t like the thread, no problem, the advice is not meant for everything, the ones that need the advice have learned and left.

See prophecy: same thing happened two years later.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by fabulous2019: 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2021
At Least from July student would be allowed to stay extra 2 yrs to look for work?..,
Is it still advisable to go to UK
And they give family easier
Where one can work while the other study
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by BlackSan: 9:59am On Aug 29, 2021
tonero230:

If I do my masters in public health, can I get a good job there

I think so. Though I can't say with all certainty because I don't know much about the course. But my only say is that you have a skill in IT sector that can easily compensate for your course if things don't go as planned.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by tonero230(m): 11:27am On Aug 29, 2021
BlackSan:

I think so. Though I can't say with all certainty because I don't know much about the course. But my only say is that you have a skill in IT sector that can easily compensate for your course if things don't go as planned.

Thanks
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Aphrodite007(f): 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
Raalsalghul:

See prophecy: same thing happened two years later.

I fit open church for port harcourt grin
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by ndidibabe(f): 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa / Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.