Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,811 members, 7,798,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” (16854 Views)

Lagos Traffic- Life Inside The World's Worst Traffic Jam / Will Ambode’s 5000 New BRT Buses Solve The Lagos Traffic Challenge? (see PHOTOS) / Ambode Solving Lagos Traffic Problems With Common Sense (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by AutoJoshNG: 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
Driving in Lagos traffic is akin to being in a battlefield.

Lagos traffic is no place for pleasantries.

One cannot afford to play the “Mr. or Ms. Nice”. Otherwise – “express go leave you”.

Every other motorist is perceived as an enemy; an enemy that contends with you for any available traffic spaces ahead of you.

Lagos traffic bottlenecks makes motorists deliberately avoid making eye contacts with co- motorists. This way, they do not give co-motorists any opportunity to ask them for traffic favours.

Flashing your pointers to indicate that you intend switching lanes is always an exercise in futility. No one is generous or willing to let go of the space ahead of him or her.

In Lagos traffic, you realize that road signs indicating “One-Way Traffic” is just there to decorate the roads.

Also, in Lagos traffic, you are exempted from obeying traffic rules if you fall into any of the following categories: the police, army, government convoy, empty bullion vehicles, “danfos” with an official of the police, army, Man’O’War, as passenger, etc.

Then, there is the notorious Lagos traffic hawkers. Their business is to interest you in all imaginable commodities. Everything is available for purchase in Lagos traffic. From the essential to the outrightly ridiculous.

Lagos traffic makes you realize that you have some habits that you never knew you had. For instance, hollering a swear word, a curse or some expletives you never realized you knew at an offending co-motorist.

Sanity and patience rare commodities in this battlefield.

In Lagos traffic, it is all man for himself and God for all.

https://autojosh.com/battle-field-called-lagos-traffic-2/

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Tolbanks(f): 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2018
WE ARE LAGOSIANS! AHU!

FTC in a veeeeeery long time grin

16 Likes

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Papiikush: 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2018
You think you know what traffic looks like?

Just get stuck in 3rd mainland bridge traffic... That one is even better, what about the traffic at apapa road?

Or worse, the route from lekki to iyana ipaja.

32 Likes

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by nairavsdollars(f): 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2018
far better now. the LASTMA boss Chris Olakpe and his boys are doing a great job. I only appeal to them to clear the trailers around OJUELEGBA axis

6 Likes

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by marvin906(m): 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2018
the only place i know you will be stuck in traffic for two hours and havent moved an inch..
you can even cook beans inside grin grin

10 Likes

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by smokedfish: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
Klm
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by jannylove: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
This traffic is still learning...Come to Apapa and see the main traffic.
Tolbanks:
w

1 Like

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
one time I had a roadside eatery make indomie and egg for me as lunch... 3hours later I came down went to mama put and ate beans and plantain by 8pm....u know the sweet part?? I was lapping Tosin ,she was sitting on my laps the whole time with her big soft nyash. memories

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by ellalina(f): 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
I have just been transferred to Lagos
Please stop scaring me
Already am on my way to sell my car
I know I can’t drive in lagos

7 Likes

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Ifyone123(f): 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
h
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by davodyguy: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6734728_lagostraffic_jpeg89513e09f046c6082b8e8044f806c640

Can this be Lagos?

This definitely can be Lagos.

The Op must be high on expired taba or cow shitz

9 Likes

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Etihadstore: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
To the guy above me, I truly doubt if that's Lagos because of the orderliness of those cars, no sight of danfo, Tata, Brt or even petrol tanker
Nba that's not lagos

38 Likes

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Donopsiano(m): 4:13pm On Feb 22, 2018
next
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by PastorandMentor(m): 4:13pm On Feb 22, 2018
Only the brave can survive in Lagos.
Click Share if you disagree and Like if you agree.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Admin1992: 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by obo389(m): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
Papiikush:
You think you know what traffic looks like?

Just get stuck in 3rd mainland bridge traffic... That one is even better, what about the traffic at apapa road?

Or worse, the route from lekki to iyana ipaja.
Wetn you dey find go there sef grin
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Papiikush: 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
ellalina:
I have just been transferred to Lagos
Please stop scaring me
Already am on my way to sell my car
I know I can’t drive in lagos
lol... You will regret selling your car, trust me...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by moscobabs(m): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Moreoffaith(m): 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
OSHODI TO IYANA IPAJA AROUND 5PM TO 9;30 PM IS ALWAYS LIKE THIS.

WHO ELSE IS SEEING NO YELLOW BUS IN THIS FAKE PICS?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Bustincole(m): 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
Dis is wat we call Hold up

3 Likes

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Papiikush: 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
obo389:

Wetn you dey find go there sef grin

I dey sell ice cream ni grin

1 Like

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Truckpusher(m): 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
With the population of Lagos state and the human traffic from other major cities around it and nationwide , Lagos State is long overdue for a subway system.

The Federal Govt. can do it but you hardly see the major stake holders of Lagos State using their political influence to get it done.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by wellmax(m): 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
Lagos traffic is like war.

You do not tell your enemy your next move, just make a turn suddenly

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
LAGOS: A land of everyday hustling!
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Nackzy: 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2018
Lagos Na Waaaa..By the Way I need someone in Lagos to Squat with for the main time...please who can be of help.... A jolly good follow"...Help a brother
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2018
davodyguy:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6734728_lagostraffic_jpeg89513e09f046c6082b8e8044f806c640

Can this be Lagos?

Lagos?

1. no single danfo? Hell nah

2. The other lane is free, if na Lagos? People don dey drive for wrong lane

3. 'Straight line' traffic? Not Lagos. Traffic here na Brownian motion

4. Where the coco, Gala, Juice, Pure water, Walnut, Bread, Snake, American visa hawkers?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2018
...a three-lane road turned to seven-lane because of traffic...we are a country full of inventors...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by kennynelcon(m): 4:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
Apapa (Truck Zone) is the worst angry angry

2 Likes

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by ellalina(f): 4:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
Papiikush:

lol... You will regret selling your car, trust me...
Am confused
So how do I cope na

Which kine thing be this
I can’t stay in 30 min hold up talk not to mention 2 hours
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Treasure17(m): 4:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
Hardly will you drive your automobile in Lagos for a year without getting it scratch . The yellow buses specifically. overpopulation is another factor causing the huge traffic and our rail system is not functioning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by obo389(m): 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2018
Papiikush:

I dey sell ice cream ni grin
Iyana ipaja ice cream abi which one grin
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Papiikush: 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2018
ellalina:

Am confused
So how do I cope na

Which kine thing be this
I can’t stay in 30 min hold up talk not to mention 2 hours
lol... It depends on your area though.

Where are you planning to stay? And where is work?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

29,723 Nigerian Immigrants In The U.S. ‘overstayed’ In 2018 / Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Gauge Begin Operation In Two Weeks – Okheria / My Journey To Hiding Places In Nigeria(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.