Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) (694 Views)

Ibidun Ighodalo Funeral Service In Pictures / Funeral Service For Reinhard Bonke In Florida Draws Thousands / Billy Graham Dies At 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by robosky02(m): 4:08pm On Feb 22, 2018
Details on Billy Graham's passing, funeral service released

ASHEVILLE, N.C. — The Rev. Billy Graham passed away in his sleep Wednesday morning, and though no family members were present, a spokesman said his passing was peaceful.

"It was described by nurse and doctor as a very peaceful passing," said Mark DeMoss, a spokesman for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. "He was not in any pain, and he wouldn’t have suffered any."

The association held a press conference Wednesday night at the Billy Graham headquarters in Charlotte to announce details of funeral plans and to talk about Graham's final moments. At age 99, Graham suffered from several maladies, including vision and hearing loss, as well as Parkinson's-like symptoms diagnosed nearly 20 years ago.

DeMoss said Graham's personal physician, Lucian Rice of Asheville, described Graham's passing this way: "He just wore out."

Graham died at 7:33 a.m. ET Wednesday, and was found by his longtime assistant, David Bruce, who then called Graham's son, Franklin Graham, who was in Dallas.

"I think we can say he passed in his sleep," DeMoss said. "Nobody would have been with him other than an attendant nurse."

Graham's funeral service will take place at noon on March 2 at the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte. His body was taken to Morris Funeral Home in Asheville on Wednesday and will be moved to Charlotte via motorcade on Saturday.

The funeral will be private and by invitation only, with some 2,300 invitations going out, including to President Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and the living former U.S. presidents, George H.W. Bush and his son, George W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, DeMoss said. He did not have information on any acceptances Wednesday night.

Franklin Graham will speak at the funeral service, as well as Graham's four other children.

Graham will lie in repose Monday and Tuesday at the Graham Family Homeplace at the Billy Graham Library. The public can pay its respects both days, from 8 a.m.-10 p.m.

Graham's body will be moved from Morris Funeral Home in Asheville to the Billy Graham Training Center in Swannanoa at 3 p.m. Thursday, but this is a private movement. Graham's body will leave the Cove at 11:25 a.m. Saturday for Charlotte, arriving at the Billy Graham Library around 3 p.m.

Details on the motorcade will be released Thursday.

The Graham homeplace was built in 1927 by Graham’s father and moved to the library site. Graham lived in the home from age 9 until he left for college.

Graham will be buried on the library grounds next to his wife, Ruth Bell Graham, who died in 2007.

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
http://www.newscentermaine.com/article/news/nation-now/details-on-billy-grahams-passing-funeral-service-released/465-442af012-580e-413d-8937-643d2999c1bb

Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by robosky02(m): 4:17pm On Feb 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by coluka: 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
He was great man of God. May his soul rest in peace forever in the bosom of the Lord

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by Masama: 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
See all the great men that will attend Billy Graham's burial. He was a rich man and he was honoured by his people but in Nigeria, it has now become a crime for a man of God to be rich. Foolish people like freeze and his followers would be insulting him now if he were to be Nigerian

6 Likes

Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by mexxmoney: 4:43pm On Feb 22, 2018
God rest his soul. He impacted his generation with the gospel. What a great man!!!

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by Chrisbeks: 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2018
RIP Billy Graham

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
"attendance will be by invitation"
but why? someone people are celebrating all over the world, you are inviting only the whiyes(even less than 3k).
Don't think any African will be invited sef, not even a G.O
Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 22, 2018
..........He died in his sleep at old age. The best way to go. Life well lived.

That's how I want to go. After I have completed my assignment in this world, take a sleep to heaven.

He is 'supping with King Yeshua and dancing with the angels in his heavenly mansion right now.

Kai, to go meet Jesus just dey hunger me. cry Seeing Yeshua in dreams and visions just aint doing it no more.

Globally well respected man. NOT rest in peace BUT rejoicing in paradise.

PS: This man's impact on college ministry evangelism (Campus Crusade for Christ) transformed my life when I was a young atheist/agnostic 10+ years ago as a university (Science) college student. After years of struggling with faith, I finally cried out to God and Surrendered. I met King Yeshua in my college dorm room. God, feels like just yesterday. Tears roll down my face.....my life changed, have never been the same and I have not looked back--tempted to at times, but Jesus keeps me on a short leach.

So, my respects sir.

4 Likes

Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by Neminc: 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
onuhabel1:
"attendance will be by invitation"
but why? someone people are celebrating all over the world, you are inviting only the whiyes(even less than 3k).
Don't think any African will be invited sef, not even a G.O
Must you bring racism into everything. They said attendance will be by invitation, did they say for whites only? They only mentioned the name of The current president and his vice alongside all living former presidents including Barack Obama who is a black with kenyan ancestry so where the hell do you get this idea that it is only for whites? Or are you just one of those like freeze who delight in making mockery of men of God?

2 Likes

Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by Neminc: 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2018
Masama:
See all the great men that will attend Billy Graham's burial. He was a rich man and he was honoured by his people but in Nigeria, it has now become a crime for a man of God to be rich. Foolish people like freeze and his followers would be insulting him now if he were to be Nigerian
As in eh, you need to see the way one of them was insulting Archbishop idahosa yesterday on nairaland. I even thought he might be a Muslim only for him to claim to be a christian too. I don't understand so called Christians who have decided to make it their mission in life to fight against men of God and the church. So which God are they serving? The same God whose church and children they are fighting against?

6 Likes

Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by elgramz: 5:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
I just de hear about dis man since yesterday but I no know am o. Na only Benny hinn and Reinhard bonke I remember. Did this guy come to Nigeria before?
Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by HigherEd: 5:11pm On Feb 22, 2018
Masama:
Lol as in ehn. Graham is reportedly worth about 25 million USD but let them mention Adeboye in the same sentence as $1 million and freeze and his minions would rant for eternity.

Graham also handed over his ministry to his Son yet everyone is minding their business but if na Oyedepo now we won't hear the last of it. Even by people who have never attended his ministry.

You see the pull him down syndrome and envy is just too strong in Nigeria...

4 Likes

Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by Himmler: 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
He was a hero of faith. RIP William Graham jr
Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 22, 2018
Neminc:

Must you bring racism into everything. They said attendance will be by invitation, did they say for whites only? They only mentioned the name of The current president and his vice alongside all living former presidents including Barack Obama who is a black with kenyan ancestry so where the hell do you get this idea that it is only for whites? Or are you just one of those like freeze who delight in making mockery of men of God?
am not a Freeze kind.
what am saying is that, since he's a person the whole world is literally celebrating, what's the need of restricting those who would love to attend.
So many personalities would love to grace such a burial but won't be able again.
though, it's their choice, their burial.
Re: Billy Graham's Passing,Funeral Service & Presidents To Attend Released (March 2) by aku626(m): 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2018
I rejoice this day that Bro. Graham Has gone to meet his maker my only prayer is we both meet at the presence of our Father.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Archaeologists Have Found First-ever Evidence Of A Legendary Biblical Prophet / More Than 140,000 People Gather For Europe’s Largest Eid Celebration PHOTOS / Video: Special Message To Our Muslim Brothers& Sisters Of Black Origin Worldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.