Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

What Happens When You're Dead? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens When You're Dead? (8379 Views)

What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / What Happens When You Keep Sinning And Never Want To Stop / What Happens When People Die? (find Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When You're Dead? by budaatum: 6:35pm On Feb 22, 2018
Buda's Perspective

So, you took your last breath. You don't exist as you did anymore. No more waking up to a beautiful new day, or seeing and talking to those who love you or those you hate. No more posting on social media, no going to work or paying bills or enjoying food or having sex. Unless someone knows you, we wouldn't even know you are dead for how many have you discoursed with on here but do so no more. We know nought of them, whether dead or alive.

Dust, basically, thou art, and dust you will become, food for worms and fertiliser at best, on the day you die, and nothing else.

Hard to take in, I'm absolutely certain. So post a consolation, an alternate reality.

What would happen after you're dead?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by sonofluc1fer: 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2018
Weird that one day, my balls and eyes will be dinner for some slimy beings. Weird.

Hope my death is quick, however it comes. Those slow, long ones like cancer.... eeeiisshh..

After death, I'll be gone. A closed chapter. Hopefully I do something great before I go.

Makes life feel kinda pointless tbh.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by sonofluc1fer: 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2018
Alternate reality.

Life is a cycle. We are all eternal souls yearning for some action. So we created bodies so we can experience something great. When you die,you get to wake up as a soul, feeling nothing once again.

So you dive back in.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by hahn(m): 6:56pm On Feb 22, 2018

I will answer that question after I am dead undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by SenorFax(m): 6:58pm On Feb 22, 2018
When you are dead, it means you are dead. You'll get to meet other deados, you'll see your great grandfather waving you to come, you'll get to have live fans who are willing to bring you back at any cost, all your worries casted off, the hustle becomes over.

Everything becomes vanity, if you are chanced to come back everything becomes repriotized. You'll love others more, get closer to your families, and you won't give a Bleep about Buhari no more.

5 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by veli1(m): 7:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
It's either u will be bone again or born again grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by sonofluc1fer: 7:13pm On Feb 22, 2018
hahn:

I will answer that question after I am dead undecided
Burial
Rice or yam?
Closed coffin vs open box?
Cremated vs buried?

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by hahn(m): 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

Burial
Rice or yam?

Chips and bbq chicken

Closed coffin vs open box?
Open box. And I will prefer to decay and stink so everyone can smell the ooze out of my body grin

Cremated vs buried?
Leave my body to decay and donate my organs and bones to a university abroad. At least I know say I travel comot for Naija tongue

You?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by paxonel(m): 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
All christians do twinkle their eyes at death or the last day they live(1 Corinthians 15:52) and open their eyes again with a different body into another life in the womb of another woman who is ready for childbearing (1 Timothy 2:15).
All these happens the very moment they die and judged. It is appointed once for men to die, after that, judgement.
So christians don't die in the real sense, they live on this earth continuously and eternally. Only that they experience death like anyone else, but they lives on afterwards because death has been defeated.

Comfort one another with this good news

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by sonofluc1fer: 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2018
hahn:

Chips and bbq chicken

Open box. And I will prefer to decay and stink so everyone can smell the ooze out of my body grin

Leave my body to decay and donate my organs and bones to a university abroad. At least I know say I travel comot for Naija tongue

You?
Yam and egg stew. Native holy communion things.

Open box. Wanna make sure my haters see me in all my deathly glory..who dey gon hate now, bitches... grin

I wanna be burned, my brother. Not sure I have any parts worth donating. tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by hahn(m): 8:35pm On Feb 22, 2018
sonofluc1fer:

Yam and egg stew. Native holy communion things.

It should be yam and palm oil with palm wine tongue

Open box. Wanna make sure my haters see me in all my deathly glory..who dey gon hate now, bitches... grin

Lol. Nairaland theists be like "I am sure he is in heaven right now" tongue

I wanna be burned, my brother. Not sure I have any parts worth donating. tongue

At least your skeleton can be used in a science lab grin

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by hahn(m): 8:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
paxonel:
All christians do twinkle their eyes at death or the last day they live(1 Corinthians 15:52) and open their eyes again with a different body into another life in the womb of another woman who is ready for childbearing (1 Timothy 2:15).
All these happens the very moment they die and judged. It is appointed once for men to die, after that, judgement.
So christians don't die in the real sense, they live on this earth continuously and eternally. Only that they experience death like anyone else, but they lives on afterwards because death has been defeated.

Comfort one another with this good news

Lol

A comforting lie smiley

5 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by MuttleyLaff: 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2018
budaatum:
Buda's Perspective

So, you took your last breath. You don't exist as you did anymore. No more waking up to a beautiful new day, or seeing and talking to those who love you or those you hate.
No more posting on social media, no going to work or paying bills or enjoying food or having sex.
Unless someone knows you, we wouldn't even know you are dead for how many have you discoursed with on here but do so no more. We know nought of them, whether dead or alive.

Dust, basically, thou art, and dust you will become, food for worms and fertiliser at best, on the day you die, and nothing else.

Hard to take in, I'm absolutely certain.
So post a consolation, an alternate reality.

Lose contact and consciousness to this part of the world, translated to a waiting area, later appear before a hearing that will sit to pass judgement on why and where you will finally end up at

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by butterflyl1on: 9:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
budaatum:
Buda's Perspective

So, you took your last breath. You don't exist as you did anymore. No more waking up to a beautiful new day, or seeing and talking to those who love you or those you hate. No more posting on social media, no going to work or paying bills or enjoying food or having sex. Unless someone knows you, we wouldn't even know you are dead for how many have you discoursed with on here but do so no more. We know nought of them, whether dead or alive.

Hard to take in, I'm absolutely certain. So post a consolation, an alternate reality.

What happens WHEN I die is different from what happens AFTER I die.

When we die our body shuts down biologically which is scientifically proven and process of decay due to lack of blood circulation immediately commences .

However AFTER our body has fully shut down and stops, we are ushered into a different and far more brilliant spectacle.

What happens after death somehow still subscribes to scientifically proven methods.

Our body is a container of energy. Call it divine energy or simply energy and after we die, The law of conservation of energy sets in. This law is resoundingly accepted by scientists and it states that “energy can neither be created nor destroyed.”

Energy, however, can change forms.

The energy within us must change forms. It’s the ‘law.’

The above agrees with 1st Corinthians 15

35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?” 36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else.38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. 41 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.
42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we[g] bear the image of the heavenly man.
50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

That scripture in a way talks about energy in us changing forms. Remember energy can neither be created nor destroyed so it says the perishable must cloth itself with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality.

This is a change. So if you were to ask me what happens AFTER we die, I would say, our new imperishable and immortal life has just begun and the kind of changed energy we get would be determined by God who gave us this body to begin with and this would happen as we appear before him in Judgement.

cc Muttleylaff

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by hahn(m): 9:41pm On Feb 22, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Lose contact and consciousness to this part of the world, translated to a waiting area, later appear before a hearing that will sit to pass judgement on why and where you will finally end up at

DO you have video evidence of this? Have you witnessed it? Can you provide a witness? undecided
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by butterflyl1on: 9:50pm On Feb 22, 2018
hahn:

DO you have video evidence of this? Have you witnessed it? Can you provide a witness? undecided

Do you have video evidence for energy? Have you "seen" energy before? Can you show me this video?

Yet you believe energy exists. As humans we are simply a form of energy and we will be changing form after death. Waiting to see this video yet believing energy and the law of conservation of energy being in operation is a misnomer

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by hahn(m): 9:56pm On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Do you have video evidence for energy? Have you "seen" energy before? Can you show me this video?

Yet you believe energy exists. As humans we are simply a form of energy and we will be changing form after death. Waiting to see this video yet believing energy and the law of conservation of energy being in operation is a misnomer

You did not answer my question undecided
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by butterflyl1on: 9:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
hahn:

You did not answer my question undecided

Check again. I actually did.
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by hahn(m): 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Check again. I actually did.

No you didn't smiley
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by butterflyl1on: 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2018
hahn:

No you didn't smiley

Yes I did. Just show me a video of energy and I will show you a video of what happens after death to your current energy form in your body.

If you believe energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can only change form, yet do not realise that you are simply energy in bodily form (a soul in a body)

Then the law of conservation of energy proves that we don't just die and all ends. There is something more after death.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by hahn(m): 10:04pm On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Yes I did. Just show me a video of energy and I will show you a video of what happens after death to your current energy form in your body.

If you believe energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can only change form, yet do not realise that you are simply energy in bodily form (a soul in a body)

Then the law of conservation of energy proves that we don't just die and all ends. There is something more after death.

Sorry but your long post still doesn't answer my question

Thanks for trying

Good night smiley
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by butterflyl1on: 10:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
hahn:

Thanks for trying

Good night smiley

Thanks too. I however know you understood it but just wish to pretend. You can disagree with scientists then as this has gone beyond religion now. Goodnight wink
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by sonofluc1fer: 10:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
hahn:

Thanks for trying

Good night smiley

Brutalflylion grin grin grin
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by hahn(m): 10:08pm On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Thanks too. I however know you understood it but just wish to pretend. You can disagree with scientists then as this has gone beyond religion now. Goodnight wink

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by butterflyl1on: 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2018

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by MuttleyLaff: 10:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
hahn:
DO you have video evidence of this?
Have you witnessed it?
Arent you a tremendously ambitious character

hahn:
Can you provide a witness? undecided
I could but then you'd have to be dead
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by hahn(m): 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Arent you a tremendously ambitious character

I could but then you'd have to be dead

That doesn't answer my question either. Seems like there is no hope of getting an answer to that question

Good night to you too cheesy
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by MuttleyLaff: 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2018
hahn:
That doesn't answer my question either.
Seems like there is no hope of getting an answer to that question
Good night to you too cheesy
SMH. Are you trying so hard being deliberately facetious?
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by hahn(m): 10:45pm On Feb 22, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
SMH. Are you trying so hard being deliberately facetious?

You didn't answer the question undecided

The irony of your question though smiley

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by godisgood200: 11:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
budaatum:
Buda's Perspective

You and your pattern of framing questions. You seem dishonest, no offence pls.

When you die, you you become manure for the plants, but what happens after you are dead should be the question.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by godisgood200: 11:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You don pursue the boy commot from this thread. Take am easy make him continue to open him empty yansh.
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by budaatum: 11:45pm On Feb 22, 2018
godisgood200:

You and your pattern of framing questions. You seem dishonest, no offence pls.

When you die, you you become manure for the plants, but what happens after you are dead should be the question.

I am responding to you because I think you are being sincere so please pay attention. Do note that I am not requiring that you agree, just that you understand. And no, I am not offended. I will let you know if I become offended.

As an atheist, when a person dies, it is my opinion that that is it. There is no after, according to my own opinion.

Can you see from the above why the question I asked (What Happens When You're Dead?), is the question I would ask? And that if I had thought of, and asked the question you say I should have asked (What happens after you are dead?), it would have only been with some intention in mind?

Do note that I have liked every response, even those that oppose my own view. And I have not taken to arguing that anyone's opinion is incorrect. I have not died yet you see. And no one has died and returned to tell if there is an after death, least not as far as has convinced me yet.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do You Want To Be Remembered When You Are Gone? / Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? / Jesus Christ Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.