Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost (7860 Views)

$350M Cabotage Funds: Open Letter To Mr. President By Engr. Eferebo Sylvanus / Nigerian-led Calendly Raises $350M In New Funding Round / Japaul Doubles Price In Bull Run As Predicted, Sunu Assurance To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by akelicious(m): 3:41am On Feb 23, 2018
Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc said it signed an agreement with private equity firm, Milost Global Inc. for $350million in shares and loans for business expansion.

Milost will invest $250 million in equity and add another $100 million in convertible loans, Japaul Chairman Jegede Paul told Bloomberg.The fresh injection of capital will enable the company to fix grounded vessels, finance new contracts and expand into mining, he said.

Two calls to numbers listed by New York-based Milost Global on its website for comment went unanswered on Tuesday. Japaul’s oil and gas operations suffered a setback with the 2014 plunge in crude prices, which forced exploration and production companies to scale back their activities. As prices are recovering, the company wants to take advantage of new business opportunities in the industry. The company plans to be able to absorb future oil and gas price shocks by diversifying into mining, Paul said.

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/02/japaul-to-receive-350m-funding-from.html

1 Like

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by lastempero: 7:05am On Feb 23, 2018
Japaul again,the same company that wrecked me with their useless IPO that lost value like bubu chai sadmoney wey I hustle during school election back in the days.milost una money don go tongue

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by tobtap: 7:06am On Feb 23, 2018
great
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by peteofi(m): 7:08am On Feb 23, 2018
Is good. Hope it reflects on the economy
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 23, 2018
this company na real player. one of the shinning light of Nigeria
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by Chivasex: 7:10am On Feb 23, 2018
The company is a scam, they believe too much in bribery and they don't pay workers at all yet all the senior management staff are pastors in different churches.

Please run from them because this money will disappear through one of these popular animals, I am suspecting elephant grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by Jackyboy: 7:12am On Feb 23, 2018
They hav a branch next to my house......in ph here. Common water or road dem no fit tidy for the neighbouring host communities. Rather na so so noise from late night work and sandblasting on our roofs. Until them shut down operations run go lag. Hope choppings go reach us or work opportunity. Nice one
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by Primusinterpares(m): 7:12am On Feb 23, 2018
Nice one... but make sha elephant nor swallow this one o...

my2kobo
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by MrMcJay(m): 7:13am On Feb 23, 2018
Chivasex:
The company is a scam, they believe too much in bribery and they don't pay workers at all yet all the senior management staff are pastors in different churches.

Please run from them because this money will disappear through one of these popular animals, I am suspecting elephant grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They said it would be invested in"grounded assets".

E be like say them wan use the money feed different reptiles like snake,zero crocodile, iguanas and co. Monitor lizard go supervise the sharing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by jerflakes(m): 7:14am On Feb 23, 2018
WTF has this got to do with us?

2 Likes

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by BabaO2: 7:15am On Feb 23, 2018
This fraudulent company again? Billions were collected on IPO from unsuspecting subscribers, no dividend paid up till today. Jegede should be shot/live jail. This is annoying...

2 Likes

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by saintneo(m): 7:17am On Feb 23, 2018
Marine Base pikin? Abi you be Kokoama or Loloama pikin lol!

Back to business, I expect this Japaul Oil to trade high on NSE in the next few weeks. I need to make money on my little share there.

Jackyboy:
They hav a branch next to my house......in ph here. Common water or road dem no fit tidy for the neighbouring host communities. Rather na so so noise from late night work and sandblasting on our roofs. Until them shut down operations run go lag. Hope choppings go reach us or work opportunity. Nice one

1 Like

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 23, 2018
Good job Milost!!
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by yomalex(m): 7:19am On Feb 23, 2018
remembered their IPO back then

1 Like

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 23, 2018
Milost mumu o. Ur money don go be dat o

1 Like

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by passyhansome(m): 7:22am On Feb 23, 2018
grin
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 23, 2018
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by Alejoas(m): 7:24am On Feb 23, 2018
We only hear these big money it does not change hand!

1 Like

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by hedonistic: 7:33am On Feb 23, 2018
lastempero:
Japaul again,the same company that wrecked me with their useless IPO that lost value like bubu chai sadmoney wey I hustle during school election back in the days.milost una money don go tongue

Corporate governance is nonexistent in most Nigerian companies, including JaPaul. It's crazy how someone would float his company on the stock exchange and still run it as it it's a privately held sole proprietorship. While shareholders are lamenting, Jegede Paul is living like a king, with his multi-billion lifestyle. Greedy man.

6 Likes

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by lastempero: 7:36am On Feb 23, 2018
[quote author=hedonistic post=65300033]

Corporate governance is nonexistent in most Nigerian companies, including JaPaul. It's crazy how someone would float his company in the stock exchange and still run it as it it's a privately held sole proprietorship. While shareholders are lamenting, Jegede Paul is living like a king, with his multi-billion lifestyle. Greedy man. [/quote

That guy is likely to be a con man going by the way he runs the company.

1 Like

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by 9japrof(m): 7:41am On Feb 23, 2018
My dad invested heavily in these guys IPO then like ten or eleven years ago then selling for I think 3 naira with an optimism for further growth

It has been a mirage since then....

1 Like

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by ArcFresky(m): 7:41am On Feb 23, 2018
Una never learn una lesson.
Anytime I hear someone claimimg to be a pastor outside the church, probably in a business environment, omo, I dey run.....

2 Likes

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by kolaish(m): 7:43am On Feb 23, 2018
lastempero:
This may be an opportunity for you to recoup your investment back if you have not sold.
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by oyetunder(m): 7:53am On Feb 23, 2018
congrats to the receiver...kudos to the giver. Next case pls
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by atilla(m): 8:11am On Feb 23, 2018
Let's see how this affects the market and their shares in the long run.
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by abuhari: 8:24am On Feb 23, 2018
Japaul, the first company i invested on their shares, as iam talking to you now nothing received even the certificate. Please do not try to invest any thing on that bad company. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by Kaycee9242(m): 8:42am On Feb 23, 2018
This company gave us redundancy last year december without paying our 7 months salary and allowances, I pray they pay us now ooooo!!! God abeg
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by deepwater(f): 9:07am On Feb 23, 2018
Cool
Japaul should invest in new built ships.
Get some ASD tugs capable of pulling ahead and astern in various bollard pull capacity. Some OSV of above 3000 gross tonnage and huge bulk capacity. Challenge the market with your asset and not who u know. U can't know everyone all the time.

undecided
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by maj007(m): 9:14am On Feb 23, 2018
This might be a reprieve of a sort.

I only hope the new investor will insist on emplacement of proper corporate governance in the company. Because as of now, there is total absence of it in the company. Jegede runs the place like a sole proprietorship with so much fund diversion to private endeavors all the time.

I have it on good authority that the staff have not been paid salary for several months now while countless contractors / vendors are also being owed multiple millions of naira.

The company is totally in bad shape on every front. A look at the financials of the company completely shows the level of rot in the company with massive debts being owed various banks.

No doubt the company has good potentials, but strict corporate governance has to be emplaced for the potentials to be actualized.

And I will also advise the new investor to keep an eagle eye on Jegede because he is a "Sharp Man".

2 Likes

Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by lastempero: 9:21am On Feb 23, 2018
kolaish:
This may be an opportunity for you to recoup your investment back if you have not sold.

Iam watching them with my 4D but that guy really discourage me in terms of stock.
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by kolaish(m): 9:38am On Feb 23, 2018
lastempero:

Iam watching them with my 4D but that guy really discourage me in terms of stock.
Yes I agree. But you cannot say you won't buy a car again because a dealer sold a faulty car to you. Even Warren Buffet lost fortunes in the stock market before discovering the truth about the market, the rest are stories.
Re: Japaul To Receive $350m Funding From Milost by yang(m): 9:56am On Feb 23, 2018
Japaul is a Scam

Just look at their Administrative expenses and see how they fool the market to declare loss every year

But in Zoo Nigeria anything goes, no regulators

I just pity whoever is giving 350 million dollars to this scam Jegede

You might as well flush the money down the toilet as its a better use

I dont even want to go into how they depreciate their PPE or give contracts to Jegede controlled companies

A joke

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Payments Online With Interswitch Verve And Naira Mastercard Cards / What Sort Of Good Business Can You Start With #300,000? / Sleeping With My Step-mum Seems To Be My Only Chance For Survival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.