Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? (18082 Views)

Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? / How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? / A True Jesus' Disciple Is Better Than A Righteous Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 7:05am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

in other words i put you in your place concerning scripture and you still cannot see it, smile

Why is this pseudo intellectual arrogance a hall mark of these demon infested christians? I wonder which demon inspires this ugly filthy behaviour.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 7:18am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

I know you have difficulty following an argument but the flow is as follows: You asked for biblical proof for my statement that in spite of your so called 'spiritual death' If Adam and Eve continued to eat of the Tree of Life they would never have died (according to the bible).

You asked me for verses to prove what I said.

I provided the verses Genesis 3 : 22

washing robes and what not in revelation has no bearing on my point. If you cannot refute that death is a result of not eating from the tree of life then the decent non-hypocrite, non-christian thing to do would be to just shut up.

smile, you are so confused, which comes from twisting everything that is said

post the quotes, then i can reply to the truth
i already told you that the confusion of your mind doesn't cut it

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 7:20am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

Why is this pseudo intellectual arrogance a hall mark of these demon infested christians? I wonder which demon inspires this ugly filthy behaviour.

now now, your spirit is showing

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 7:29am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

The above like the bible verses I quoted for you? Your blasphemy is between you and your so called god.

oh dear, talking about yourself yet again
that's become common of you in recent posts

PastorAIO:
However everything the serpent said about the tree of good and evil was true while what Elohim said about it was false.

truly, saying God told lies is blasphemy, oh duh one

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 8:47am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

oh dear, talking about yourself yet again
that's become common of you in recent posts

truly, saying God told lies is blasphemy, oh duh one

And the LORD said to him, ‘By what means?’ And he said, ‘I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And he said, ‘You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.’ 1 kings 22:22
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 8:50am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

smile, you are so confused, which comes from twisting everything that is said

post the quotes, then i can reply to the truth
i already told you that the confusion of your mind doesn't cut it

You mouth like post the quotes.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 8:52am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

ha ha do you mean like the above

I mean like when you use such empty phrases such as ' spiritually dead'.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

I mean like when you use such empty phrases such as ' spiritually dead'.

truly "spiritually dead" is not a empty phrase
it appliers perfectly to one who said God told lies

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 9:14am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

You mouth like post the quotes.

truly post the quotes
your mind confusion cannot be believed

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 9:16am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

And the LORD said to him, ‘By what means?’ And he said, ‘I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And he said, ‘You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.’ 1 kings 22:22

that's it run away from the verses talked about:

(Gen 3:3) But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

(Gen 3:4) And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

(Gen 3:5) For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

of course God didn't lie but you blasphemed God saying what He said was false
however you believe your father satan:

PastorAIO:
However everything the serpent said about the tree of good and evil was true

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 9:17am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

truly "spiritually dead" is not a empty phrase
it appliers perfectly to one who said God told lies

If it is not empty then what do you mean by if.

johnw74:

truly post the quotes
your mind confusion cannot be believed

since you're not confused then all you have to do is read the posts you've been responding to.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 9:19am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

that's it run away from the verses talked about:

(Gen 3:3) But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

(Gen 3:4) And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

(Gen 3:5) For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

of course God didn't lie but you blasphemed God saying what He said was false

Then who is the owner of the lying spirit whom yahoo sent.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 9:26am On Mar 05, 2018
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 11:23am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

If it is not empty then what do you mean by if.

since you're not confused then all you have to do is read the posts you've been responding to.

continued nonsensical confusion from aio, naturally

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 11:25am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

Then who is the owner of the lying spirit whom yahoo sent.

blaspheming son of satan aio, you again shows your true colors calling God yahoo

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by UnchangeableGod: 11:30am On Mar 05, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Way to go! Rahab was blessed because she received the spies with peace (Hebrews 11:31). "As many as received Him to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name (John 1:12).
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by UnchangeableGod: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Well said. Even though I believe God would still have protected the spies if Rahab did not bear false witness.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 11:44am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

continued nonsensical confusion from aio, naturally

You are obviously a lot better than me at mud slinging and throwing invectives. You won that one, congrats.

When you've finished celebrating and you feel like intelligently addressing the bible verses I'm quoting then I'll be here waiting.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 11:51am On Mar 05, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
"Thou shall not bear false witness" means thou shall not lie. Rahab was a sinner as at the time she saved the Isrseli spies. She was a harlot as at then. So a sinner just have to sin. The Bible did not praise Rahab for her sin of lying. Rather, the Scriptures only praised her faith in the God of Israel which made her to risk committing 'treason' in order to save God's ambassadors (although they were strangers) believing that she and her household would be rewarded and protected by the Israeli God. She had faith in God which she put into action. That is the point. There are things a believer can learn from unbelievers.

Her faith led her to lie. Even though her lying wasn't approved yet the faith that led her to lie is commended, after all good tree can bear bad fruit.

Faith without works is dead.
Yet faith even with evil works is not only robustly alive but it is to be commended.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 11:52am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

You are obviously a lot better than me at throwing invectives. You won that one, congrats.

When you've finished celebrating and you feel like intelligently addressing the bible verses I'm quoting then I'll be here waiting.

but i have addressed the bible verses that you falsely interpreted
if i have missed one that you have abominated then post it again or give a link to it
duh, how hard is that

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 11:56am On Mar 05, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Well said. Even though I believe God would still have protected the spies if Rahab did not bear false witness.

Now that's faith.
Knowing that you're dealing with an all powerful god that is so powerful that he doesn't need you to lie for him.

However if one feels the need to lie then maybe one doesn't really have faith in his absolute powers and ability.
That's poor faith.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 11:57am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

Her faith led her to lie. Even though her lying wasn't approved yet the faith that led her to lie is commended, after all good tree can bear bad fruit.

Faith without works is dead.
Yet faith even with evil works is not only robustly alive but it is to be commended.

of course Jesus say's diffrent to a son of satan:

Mat_7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

Now that's faith.
Knowing that you're dealing with an all powerful god that is so powerful that he doesn't need you to lie for him.

However if one feels the need to lie then maybe one doesn't really have faith in his absolute powers and ability.
That's poor faith.

yes that's the faith you have
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

but i have addressed the bible verses that you falsely interpreted
if i have missed one that you have abominated then post it again or give a link to it
duh, how hard is that

I know all your stupid tricks. You've been jumping from thread to thread trying to obfuscate and conflate issues.

I asked you who is the owner of the lying spirit that yahoo sent.
It is a simple question. Is it Yahoo!'s spirit or not?

If it is Yahoo's then we know that Yahoo can lie and that'll make sense of zir claims of Genesis 3.

All this is still far from my main question about whether righteousness means that you cannot lie at all. I don't see the connection between holiness (set apart) and truthfulness.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

I wasn't talking to you. The ones I've given you you are still struggling with and you're jumping on another one.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 12:10pm On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

of course Jesus say's diffrent to a son of satan:

Mat_7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

One day Sarcasm is going to jump up and slap you in the face so hard abutnd you go think say na breeze just dey blow.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 12:10pm On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

No, that's the faith of Rahab that was commended.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

blaspheming son of satan aio, you again shows your true colors calling God yahoo

If hir name is not Yahoo then what is it?

And what kind of a devotee doesn't know the name of the god he is following.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speake angryth of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

You are obviously a lot better than me at mud slinging and throwing invectives. You won that one, congrats.

truth is what it is
but you know nothing about that

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 12:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

you are mocking Him and you are loveing it

Rev_20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

you are mocking Him and you are loveing it

Rev_20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This is why you will always fail whatever examination is put before you.

Simple question: If his name is not Yahoo, then what is his name?

ordinary simple question and you can't answer it. Shame.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Hell Fire Is NOT Real! Don't Be Deceived By Any Pastors: BIBLE PROOFS INSIDE. / Who Is The Founder Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Organization / Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.