Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? (3064 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court / These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by AutoJoshNG: 4:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
I was listening to this programme on radio.

The OAPs – some popular comedians – requested listeners to phone in, and admit which of the road traffic authorities they would prefer to have a brush with – if they were caught contravening any of the traffic laws.

The options thrown up included the FRSC, VIO, Nigeria police, LASTMA, the army, etc.

A deluge of phone calls trailed the question. Opinions were freely aired.

At the end of it all, it turned out that the VIO was the least preferred by the callers. The reason – chiefly – was that VIOs are hard to compromise by traffic law offenders.

However, the Nigeria Police Force stole the show.

Almost 100% of the callers – without hesitation – admitted that if they ran afoul of any traffic law – they would prefer to be arrested by the police.

Now, you’re itching to find out why they preferred the police – right?

Well, your guess is as good as mine.

It goes without saying – the Nigeria police officers have the sublime ability to turn a blind eye to any crime committed after an exchange of a paltry sum of money. Sometimes, the amount could be as low as N20!

This – according to most of the callers – cannot be easily achieved with VIO, “Road Safety” officials or LASTMA.

It was quite an interesting, humorous and sincere interaction.

However, what particularly arrested my interest – and of course, gave me a cause for concern – was how these set of Nigerians brazenly admitted a support for corrupt practice on a live radio programme!

Even more worrisome was that the callers actually gave their real names and locations!

It is worrisome not because these callers would be arrested for airing their perverse views, but it shows how low our moral values have degenerated.

At a point, the OAP had to ask one of the callers if this wasn’t encouraging corruption. But trust some Nigerians, they have this incredible ability to invent defenses for our criminal tendencies.

Now, this got me thinking; have, we, Nigerians, become so corrupt and crime-prone without us realizing it?

Perhaps, I should ask you – who would you prefer to be arrested by – FRSC, LASTMA,VIO, Police?

https://autojosh.com/traffic-law-violation-prefer-arrested-frsc-lastmavio-police/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by DWJOBScom(m): 4:50pm On Feb 23, 2018
none of them abeg
i just want God to arrest me and every other willing person grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by paschal47(m): 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2018
Please let the Nigerian police arrest me biko

With #500 you are a free man

4 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:38am On Feb 24, 2018
Police sure pass any day grin

7 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by OboOlora(f): 7:10am On Feb 24, 2018
LASTMA! I always love the look on their face when I’m arrested, stay mute, call their Head in Alausa, passes the phone to them and starts hearing ‘yes sir yes sir’ And then ‘madam u can go’ afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by UbanmeUdie: 7:11am On Feb 24, 2018
shocked

VIO officials are wicked.

LASTMA officials are soulless busy bodies.

FRSC officials are almost uncompromising and devilish.

However, the NPF remains a true friend anytime any day. They are very cooperative with huge sense of understanding at critical moments of help.

If you can pay, they can play!

Thumbs up to all the egunje loving police officers. Thanks for making crimes in Nigeria less punishable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by Fernandowski(m): 7:12am On Feb 24, 2018
Police abeg

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by SarcasticMe(m): 7:13am On Feb 24, 2018
The giver of the bribe is as much a criminal as the taker...
Most Nigerians are corrupt opportunists. Many of us are not in the position to steal billions, that's why we are off the corruption radar. But the evil done by many of us in our lowly positions will even surprise the devil... Because we are poor, we have now justified some behaviours, claiming that the politicians are worse.
Let's try to be fair in our dealings, if only for one year, and see the transformation.

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by Dontquit: 7:13am On Feb 24, 2018
Abeg police joor...what are friends for.

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by gerrardomendes(m): 7:13am On Feb 24, 2018
Police is my friend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by Chumani(f): 7:14am On Feb 24, 2018
I don't wish any of them, but if I am forced to choose, I would prefer Oloopa . Vio is the worst amongst them, I can never forget my encounter with them.

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by Doerstech(m): 7:15am On Feb 24, 2018
LolZ.....let the HolySpirit Arrest me any day any time....if HE does that means my life don better be that....forever..

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by iambijo(m): 7:15am On Feb 24, 2018
Po

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by skubido(m): 7:17am On Feb 24, 2018
Bro na police oo, bribe tinz sha. Cuz e no fit common for dere blood laye
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by Mrkumareze(m): 7:17am On Feb 24, 2018
Those of you mentioning police I guess them haven't screwed you before. Road safety better pass, they must have a known reason 4 arresting u
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 24, 2018
police is your friend.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by LastSurvivor11: 7:18am On Feb 24, 2018
D
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by thatigboman: 7:18am On Feb 24, 2018
Police, anytime, anyday.
Op, what u ask is which enforcement team will i like to get arrested by? And my simple answer is Police.
Not because road safety, VIO and LASTMA are not corrupt. Far from it. All of them are very corrupt. But for traffic offence, police is the cheapest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 24, 2018
police is always your friend. The rest are your enemies except you know somebody among them or their oga.

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by karimcarim(m): 7:23am On Feb 24, 2018
Both except LASTMA
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by thatigboman: 7:23am On Feb 24, 2018
Mrkumareze:
Those of you mentioning police I guess them haven't screwed you before. Road safety better pass, they must have a known reason 4 arresting u
road safety is not better. They will always look for fault. If they dont see, they will say expired tyre. And their fee is 3k and above. While police is 1k and below. So they are all corrupt

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by Kobicove(m): 7:26am On Feb 24, 2018
Offering a bribe to a traffic official in order to escape sanctions is also part of corruption... unfortunately most Nigerians are oblivious of this factsad
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by Harwoyeez(m): 7:27am On Feb 24, 2018
police is your friend in this case because most its basically not essentially their duty so they tend to easily let go after u must have rubbed their palm with some change but the other agencies will slice ur throat so they can extort more because the offender won't like to go to their office where they'll make it more worse. Lagos case is somehow different oo because most times they all work together

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by skubido(m): 7:31am On Feb 24, 2018
thatigboman:
road safety is not better. They will always look for fault. If they dont see, they will say expired tyre. And their fee is 3k and above. While police is 1k and below. So they are all corrupt

abi,, dey will sha c 1 fault or d other. Nd Dere own motor no beta oo. Bt If na police nao, den no get time na to jst arrange give den free b dat

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by justineu(m): 7:34am On Feb 24, 2018
Police.. CUs they can be easily bribed, but don't allow vio and road safety to get hold of you or else serious problem come. I don't knw lastman
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by AntiWailer: 7:35am On Feb 24, 2018
Police
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by 989900: 7:39am On Feb 24, 2018
Ironically, ATEOTD, "police is your friend". cheesy
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by chinawapz(m): 7:44am On Feb 24, 2018
None!
I will help you design your website. check my signature
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be Arrested By When You Offend – FRSC, LASTMA, VIO, Police? by lalasticlala(m): 7:46am On Feb 24, 2018

(1)

Hamza Elrufai Had Accident During Car Racing Competition? / Photos: Cars That Uses Water As Fuel / How Do I Get To Apapa Amusement Park From Oshodi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.