Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

[photos] Meet The 16-year-old Namibian Who Was Married Off To A 56-year-old Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / [photos] Meet The 16-year-old Namibian Who Was Married Off To A 56-year-old Man (448 Views)

Update On 15-Year-Old Girl Who Married A 56-Year-Old 'Demented' Man In Anambra / PHOTOS: Meet The 25-year-old Model Who Wants To Have The World’s Biggest Bum / The Namibian Tribe Where “sex” Is Offered To Guests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[photos] Meet The 16-year-old Namibian Who Was Married Off To A 56-year-old Man by Nanabaffour(m): 8:51am On Feb 24, 2018
[Photos] Meet The 16-year-old Namibian Who Was Married off to a 56-year-old Man- In the Name of Tradition

THE air you breathe between the scattered and unique Ovahimba huts at the Omaoipanga village situated about 15 kilometres from Opuwo is fresh, and one cannot help but admire the high hills on the horizon, the freedom of the children, and after a few drops of rain, the odour of fresh cow dung that sums up the rural village ambience.

The Namibian met 16-year-old Zerihongua Muhenje, wife of a 56-year-old man. She was married off when she was only eight – in the name of tradition.

When The Namibian first saw Zerihongua and her 14-year-old cousin, they just looked like average village girls who had been denied the opportunity to go to school, until they spine-chillingly mentioned that they were both married.

The questions that immediately sprang to mind were: ‘When did he first have sex with you? Did you agree to it? Do you want to be in this relationship?’

Read Also: The Namibian tribe where ‘sex’ is offered to guests

Zerihongua was in her conspicuous traditional attire and barefoot, having returned from fetching water a few kilometres from their home.

My questions arose because (for a moment) I drifted into this space (of reality), and thought this could have been my daughter, my niece or just this 16-year-old in a village outside Opuwo.

I asked her again: “You got married when you were eight, right, and when did you first have sex with him?” I needed to be sure.

Read full story here: http://www.okaygh.com/photos-meet-the-16-year-old-namibian-who-was-married-off-to-a-56-year-old-man-in-the-name-of-tradition/

(1) (Reply)

How To Give An Elegant, Unforgettable Toast / Longest Time Nairaland Peeps / In Love With A Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.