Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea (2008 Views)

Buhari Orders Reduction In Price Of Fertilizer From N5,500 To N5000 / Nigeria Releases First Transgenic Crop – Cowpea Resistant To Pod Borers / Genetically Modified Pod-Borer Resistant Cowpea Approved In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by muhdzed(m): 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello farmers,
Goodday all
Please can someone recommend the best brand of fertilizer i can use for maize/cowpea production on a 4 hectare land

Farm location: North East
Thanks
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by DavSagacity(m): 1:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
what's the predominant soil type in your farm.?

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by Crankshaft: 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
muhdzed:
Hello farmers,
Goodday all
Please can someone recommend the best brand of fertilizer i can use for maize/cowpea production on a 4 hectare land

Farm location: North East
Thanks

For maize:
An all-purpose fertilizer containing more nitrogen and phosphorus than potassium -- such as a 16-16-8 ratio fertilizer.
If you know you have soil with less potassium, you can apply a more balanced fertilizer, such as a 12-12-12 ratio.
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/kind-fertilizer-planting-sweet-corn-71656.html

For cowpea:
As a legume, it does not require a high rate of nitrogen fertilization because its roots have nodules in which soil bacteria called Rhizobia help to fix nitrogen from the air.

http://www.farmerstrend.co.ke/how-to-plant-the-best-cowpeas-kunde-for-maximum-return/

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by muhdzed(m): 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
Crankshaft:

For maize:
An all-purpose fertilizer containing more nitrogen and phosphorus than potassium -- such as a 16-16-8 ratio fertilizer.
If you know you have soil with less potassium, you can apply a more balanced fertilizer, such as a 12-12-12 ratio.
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/kind-fertilizer-planting-sweet-corn-71656.html

For cowpea:
As a legume, it does not require a high rate of nitrogen fertilization because its roots have nodules in which soil bacteria called Rhizobia help to fix nitrogen from the air.

http://www.farmerstrend.co.ke/how-to-plant-the-best-cowpeas-kunde-for-maximum-return/

Thank you

Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by muhdzed(m): 2:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
DavSagacity:
what's the predominant soil type in your farm.?
Actually i don't know
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by shariff84: 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
abokina dan ALLAH menene cowpea nan da hausa?
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by shariff84: 2:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
for maize u can used golding fertilize 20:10:10. i think its best so far in northern nigeria
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by chuksvee(m): 7:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
N.P.K 20:10:10 will do for both

however if you desire maximum results, try SUPER GROW liquid fertilizer.
we supply SUPER GROW liquid fertilizer at affordable prices nation wide
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by muhdzed(m): 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
shariff84:
abokina dan ALLAH menene cowpea nan da hausa?
Wake or beans
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by muhdzed(m): 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2018
shariff84:
for maize u can used golding fertilize 20:10:10. i think its best so far in northern nigeria
Ok
Thank you
Kaman hecta 4 buhu nawa ake sawa?
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by muhdzed(m): 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
chuksvee:
N.P.K 20:10:10 will do for both

however if you desire maximum results, try SUPER GROW liquid fertilizer.
we supply SUPER GROW liquid fertilizer at affordable prices nation wide

Ok sir
What are you prices?
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by shariff84: 10:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
muhdzed:

Ok
Thank you
Kaman hecta 4 buhu nawa ake sawa?
i think it depend on the planting space u used during planting.if the maize and cowpea will be planting on thesame plot.then 15 bags will do per application and u will apply it twice. Also ur fertilizer application matters enough spraying or dippling
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by shariff84: 10:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
Iam a experience maize farmer.pls dont plant local seed.if you have money look for oba98 from premier seed and if u have enough money pioneer seed is best with highest yield/hectare
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by muhdzed(m): 6:41am On Feb 25, 2018
shariff84:
i think it depend on the planting space u used during planting.if the maize and cowpea will be planting on thesame plot.then 15 bags will do per application and u will apply it twice. Also ur fertilizer application matters enough spraying or dippling
Ok
15 bags of what brand?
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by shariff84: 8:00am On Feb 25, 2018
muhdzed:
Ok 15 bags of what brand?
Golding fertelizer,n.p.k 20:10:10
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by muhdzed(m): 9:41am On Feb 25, 2018
shariff84:
Golding fertelizer,n.p.k 20:10:10
Ok
Thank you
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by chuksvee(m): 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ok sir
What are you prices?[/quote]

pls contact Mr Chukwudi
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by muhdzed(m): 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
chuksvee:

Ok sir
What are you prices?

pls contact Mr Chukwudi
Ok
Re: Urgent! Help, What Brand Of Fertilizer Is The Best To Use For Maize And Cowpea by muhdzed(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2018
muhdzed:

Wake or beans
Can we talk on whatsapp??

(1) (Reply)

My New Farm Project: My Success In Strawberries / Steps In Garri Processing / See What This Pretty Nwafo Igbo Girl IS Doing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.